Serious Phobias and Fears

How much of a coward you are?

• Total voters

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I drowned when I was a kid so I get panic attacks when in water. I have recently overcome my fear of needles (it was not even the blood, but the idea of a strange object going through my body and poking my veins), most notably after getting tattoos. I’m afraid of heights and pain in general, although the latter terrifies me less each day.

Last edited:

natu

Formerly Antgeezy
schizophrenia scares tf outta me. im insanely scared about one day possibly developing schizophrenia. if that were to ever happen id probably off myself instantly so heres to hoping i STAY SCHIZOPHRENIA FREE!!

Dating. Gives me some unpleasant anxiety whenever I think about it. Also, heights, but I think I'm overcoming that. Is no big deal after all.

Lastly, lifted pickup trucks. Ever since the driver of a lifted Nissan Titan tried to run me off the road, I stay the hell away from those idiots

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
schizophrenia scares tf outta me. im insanely scared about one day possibly developing schizophrenia. if that were to ever happen id probably off myself instantly so heres to hoping i STAY SCHIZOPHRENIA FREE!!
I understand where you're coming from but I feel like immediate suicide is unwise when decent treatment exists + it could only be temporary (Uncle had an "episode" of Schizophrenia in college, now I'm at risk yay me)

I just finished Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. I’m fucking dying inside. I was able to handle the Mom dying, but after that almost every death hurt. The one that hurt the absolute most was Elise. She was my favorite character in all of Nohr and who I relate to most AND SHE JUST FUCKING DIES LIKE THAT. SHE DID NOTHING WRONG AND SACRIFICES HERSELF THEN XANDER STILL WANTS TO FUCKING FIGHT AND THEN HE FUCKING DIES FOR NO REASON LIKE WHYYYY

*coughs*
My fears are that those that I love will die and that I will die with regrets. I’m surprised Corrin didn’t want to commit suicide by the end. Jesus fucking Christ.

Heights mostly. Also roller coasters because of an experience I had like a year ago, they're scary man.

I just finished Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. I’m fucking dying inside. I was able to handle the Mom dying, but after that almost every death hurt. The one that hurt the absolute most was Elise. She was my favorite character in all of Nohr and who I relate to most AND SHE JUST FUCKING DIES LIKE THAT. SHE DID NOTHING WRONG AND SACRIFICES HERSELF THEN XANDER STILL WANTS TO FUCKING FIGHT AND THEN HE FUCKING DIES FOR NO REASON LIKE WHYYYY

*coughs*
My fears are that those that I love will die and that I will die with regrets. I’m surprised Corrin didn’t want to commit suicide by the end. Jesus fucking Christ.
i mean the game's been out for two years, but anyway. it's really implied that xander gives himself up to you in this fight, after killing elise he really has no will to live anymore, I mean fuck I wouldn't have much either if I accidentally killed my sister. his stats go lower as you fight him to the point where he's so easily beatable. he just gave up. so uh yeah that's why he dies.

Reactions: amg
I'm also afraid of dogs. There are a bunch of ferals where I live and I've been chased a lot when I was a kid, plus all the thugs walking around with pitbulls and stuff. I don't see how they can be "man's best friend" they're aggressive pack animals that bark and have pointy teeth :( I'm getting better at managing my fear and I'm mostly OK with chill ones just laying around or something, but I still freak out at barking/nipping/chasing/territorial dogs, especially at night and/or in groups.

I can handle most creepy-crawlies: I'm cool with spiders, I find snails and caterpillars cute, bees are OK etc. It's only cockroaches and millipedes that scare me, fuck those. Another childhood trauma, our home was infested until I was like 8-9.

I don't have a fear of needles or blood (I even donate blood regularly), but I can't really look at gore/traumatic injuries/other people getting hurt.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I'm scared of dogs too. Not small dogs though, some of them are cute.
I somehow don't tend to get along with people who are obsessed with dogs neither.

I'm currently keeping pet tarantulas, which are a type of spiders. I find them so cool.

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I have massive fear of Heights, Blood, and Snakes

the worst is probably Snakes and Blood. Snakes is self explanatory but I was traumatized as a child watching someone got decapitated in an accident and blood was everywhere :(

I have a fear of Ursula from the little mermaid disney animation, and dogs, and physical human socialization, but not Jason Voorhees.

I have no fear of tarantulas, heights, roller coasters (LOVE), or 6 Arceus or Marshadow teams.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-Evil
-Life
-Death

I'm not scared of life and death so much as the world we live in and how we die. Evil is pretty obvious because I'm reminded to behave and abide by the laws of the world and yet the ones who are evil, take advantage of the vulnerability in the goodness of us.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
This is a serious thread so I'm going to be very serious for a second. I'm 17 year old senior in High school and I've wrestled since the 1st grade. I'm on par to make it to state this year and possibly even place. As you may know in wrestling you can't just go out and wrestle in requires practice discipline and dedication. With that im going to introduce you to a few of my fears.

I've talked about this topic a little bit before in the Health and Fitness room chat where I moderate but I haven't quite gone into depth like I will now. Growing up wrestling for a majority of my life has taught me I should be conservative when eating. I shouldn't eat a lot and I should try to stay as healthy as I possibly can. When I was a kid in wrestling I lived by this but I was never concerned about my body nor was I self conscious. Going through High School I began to get self conscious and I guess check myself out more often. I still ate / eat the same but I'm always worried about my weight. For me I guess the driving factor is having a barely visible 6 pack. I feel like if it's not there I'm not working hard enough. I by no means have an eating disorder I'm just genuinely afraid of gaining fat or losing my 6 pack.

Here's something I haven't talked about before. My High School wrestling coach has fathered me through out my many years of wrestling, teaching me all about discipline, hard work, and most importantly heart. That being said he's a major part of my life and I plan on him always being there. Now I'm not afraid of losing him but it's more of something that happens normally. Letting my coach down is the worst feeling ever. Especially since sometimes it can tie over to letting my team down as well. This isn't just about my coach though this about people I look up to and respect. When I let those people down it's testifying. This year I feel so much pressure to get to state it's unreal. I refuse to let my coach, the team and anyone else down.

EDIT
Sorry if spelling sucks dick I wrote this all on mobile on the way to my wrestling meet.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
I am terrified of flying and airplanes. I have been on a plane as a child, and I thought it would be cool, and perhaps even fun. However being trapped in a moving vehicle 30,000 feet off the ground is not pleasant to me at all. Even minor turbulence is downright terrifying.

I read the title as Phineas and Ferb

Also I have a really big fear of isolation, despite being an introvert. The only time I've ever had a panic attack was when I was alone in a cabin in Alberta without wifi, so I literally had no human contact. If I think about a future alone in a single room apartment I get really anxious. In fact, I almost always listen to videos when home alone to emulate having someone in the room, and I try not go to bed in a silent room (I use a fan usually). The thing is, being an introvert, actual interaction is a bit draining for me, so usually I just listen to a video/podcast/music and play on my computer.

Drowning. I had a friend pull me out of a river we were swimming in after I panicked and blacked out. Ever since then I've been terrified of water. Watching Dunkirk I kept getting cold seats and had to close my eyes in the scenes where someone is trapped or what not. (In spite of that, I'd highly recommend the movie. It just triggered some bad feelings in me cause of my experiences)

Utterly terrified of anything resembling a dog. It's walking in the streets, spotting a dog and wanting to find an alternate route to my destination. A single canid I see in the street can ruin an otherwise good day.

It's weird because not even I know how I ended up with this phobia. It's just as if, from one day to another, it snapped.

And the phobia eventually also created a very noticeable hate towards anything resembling a dog, which is why I'm completely against the idea of treating the phobia. Doing so would open a whole can of problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)