Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum In-game Tier List Discussion

- Is there a reason Cranidos is listed as "Diamond only"? It's not done for any other version exclusives
Possibly because Cranidos in Pearl is obtainable there, but is locked to post-game? At least that's how i see it, though that doesn't explained that Shieldon doesn't have "Pearl only" if that was the case.

I know this was an very old thread, because the second DP tier list (the latest one) got locked years ago, and i'm patiently waiting for the new thread or something so i could post like 10 Platinum logs because i'm unsure if i would post it here instead

Geta92

formerly -GetaX-
This is a very minor point, I'm wondering what warrants Buneary in D-tier? It's got a bit of utility for sure, but the starting 0 happiness putting evolution way off should surely make it nigh-unusable, and surely not better than Stunky or Wingull. Has anyone used it? I know it's the difference between calling it crap and rubbish but it did stick out to me
I've got a suggestion to fix this shortcoming. DP got a friendship underflow bug. If you use 1 Energy Powder or Energy Root right after catching Buneary during a battle, it will underflow the friendship. So that's instant Lopunny after a level-up and maxed Return after Lost Tower. I haven't used this myself yet, but it's documented here. The bug seems to have been fixed in Platinum though.

It would improve the performance of Golbat, Togepi, Budew, Chingling, Munchlax and Riolu as well, though it will take 8 uses for them.
Might even be worth using on other Pokemon as well. A fast maxed out Return as a coverage option is very neat.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)