Pokémon GO

this game is a troll sometimes... got a 98% raikou. with the 14 being attack -_-

nothing quite like going to the shops and finding a 15/15/13 Magneton on the way back, level 19, so not much off what it would be as a raid boss either. so that saves me actually doing those now as 96% is plenty good enough

I have yet to find myself a good Raikou. Hopefully I will manage before it rotates again... Really need a good Raikou, as it's going to be the best Electric-type in the game.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
When Gen 3 comes, let’s hope they make it fun!
It takes forever to get to level 39, I just want to max out my Pokémon and get all of the worthwhile ones to level 40.

Pokémon Go is only fun when there is so much to do, but raids risk not enough people, I haven’t had a 10 KM in a week or so, and it feels like the players are keeping the game alive by sheer loyalty to the Pokémon franchise. If only they could just make the game have more options.

Something to challenge us such as Gym Leader battles, would be fun.

I think it would benefit the game to make battling easier and more accessible. Leveling up Gyms and doing solo raids is fun for me, but the Potion Shortage and reliance on them to have healthy mons for said challenge means I can't take part. Maybe something like implementing Pokemon centers like was rumored months ago.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/pokemongotravel
Between now and November 26 is a global challenge to catch as many as 3 billion pokemon across the world in order for Farfetch'd to become available for 2 days across the world while East Asia will also get Kangaskhan during that time too. 1.5 billion will at least get double stardust and 500 million the double XP and 6 hour lures, so I suppose Niantic is testing us to see how many still play this game and take it seriously before offering this incentive, so let's catch as much as we can for the next week.

I've noticed lately with Pokestop giving out more balls and berries and less potions and revives which is challenging for some of us that battle gyms and do raids so I've been adjusting to this as of lately, trying to get to more cluster spawns and gyms which tend to give more potions and revives and turning off Pokestops from my PoGo+ temporarily since I've got too many balls and so little potions.

I'm also lately putting stuff in gyms that I intend to transfer once they return so I can better conserve on those seemingly restricted quantity of potions lately. A recent raid gave me 15 revives so I still have far more revives than potions which I allow my gym attackers to faint before giving them a revive which I used to not have to do oddly. Maybe this is a trick from Niantic to get us to buy Max Potions I'm not really sure.

Last edited:

These 6 people went around Tokyo (Sensoji, Tokyo Tower, and Tokyo Station) and apparently became the first group with a cumulative 1 billion EXP to occupy a gym. 10億XPタワー記念 means "commemorative 1 billion EXP tower".

Double EXP, Double Stardust. How it works again?

Good thing I had kept all these Pidgeys. Time to prepare to drop them off all. I'm just a bit to Lv39....

Also, I wish I just have that many time to go around gyms and destroy things, but... sighs...

Still, I'm glad to have obtained like 27 Gold gym badges from around my path to campus, turning these gyms into my supply depots. I don't know exactly how well-played that is though....

Expert Evan

I did a Tier 3 Ninetales raid with 2 devices and was a bit surprised I only received potions and revives as raid reward items, and while that helped towards healing defenders and raid/gym attackers, I've started deploying an alternate tactic of gym placement which involves evolving some common stuff then placing them in gyms such as butterfree, beedrill, venomoth, sneasel, jynx, yanma etc and once they return I just simply transfer them.

While I still have yet to receive an ex raid invite, I've made a conscientious effort to raid places that have all had ex raid invites previously in just the past week. This system is completely ridiculous and gets me enraged whenever I don't get one while others with lesser skill have the luck to get one.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Double EXP, Double Stardust. How it works again?
Basically we have to meet the thresholds established by Niantic (see Expert Evan's post on it). There's nothing right now unfortunately, but I believe it starts with double EXP / 6 hour lures (threshold 1), then double dust is added in (threshold 2), then Kanga in Asia and Farfetch'd worldwide (final threshold, 3 billion catches).

We have new boxes. They're centered on Lucky Eggs, Lures, etc. so if anyone wants to level up this is the bundle for you.

Special deals are available in the shop
Super Incubator - 200 coins
Special Box - 380 coins (20 Great Balls, 6 Lucky Eggs, 1 Premium Raid Pass, 4 Lure Modules)
Ultra Box - 880 coins (16 Lucky Eggs, 4 Premium Raid Passes, 8 Lure Modules, 30 Ultra Balls)

Well, guess I can at least put these pointless Pokeballs to work catching garbage for the challenge. Beats just tossing them when I need to spin a stop.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
11 days of what is essentially double exp. With 40K a pop for legendary raids under an egg to boot.

Oversaturation of level 40s here we go

Expert Evan

I'm going to wait until the double stardust is unlocked before using a special incubator for 3 of my 10k eggs, not sure I want to spend an extra 50 coins on the faster incubators when the regulars can do the same but takes another 10 kilometers longer for 3 10k eggs which will hatch during the event since distance is not much of a factor for me.

I hope Farfetch'd will indeed become available for 2 days and not as difficult to find like Tauros apparently is these days.

Second target reached

One billion reached

New update:

Niantic said:
Pokémon GO updated to version 0.83.1 for Android and 1.53.2 for iOS
Trainers,

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.83.1 for Android and 1.53.2 for iOS devices. Details from our development team:

• Added support and made optimizations for the iPhone X screen resolution.
  • Removed support for devices running iOS 8.
  • Resolved a bug causing error banners to remain visible until the app is restarted.
  • Resolved a bug that prevented Trainers from powering up Pokémon to their max CP.
  • Improved load times when you open the app.
  • Various bug fixes and performance updates.

—The Pokémon GO team
They also gave an update on Raid Battles:
Trainers,

We greatly appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared with us about the Raid Battle feature over the past few months. We’ve been carefully reviewing your feedback and will be making a few changes to the feature in response. These improvements will not require you to update your app, but they will impact your gameplay. Below are a few notes detailing the changes as well as a few comments from our development team:

• EX Raid Battle changes
    • EX Raid Battles will take place most commonly at Gyms found in parks and sponsored locations.
    • Trainers with a high-level Gym Badge are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles taking place at that Gym.
    • Trainers who have completed a larger number of Raid Battles are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles.
    • EX Raid Battle start times now take into account popular Raid Battle times at that Gym.
    • Trainers invited to EX Raid Battles will receive an in-game notification if the EX Raid Battle is canceled.
    • Trainers will receive Stardust and Premium Raid Passes when an EX Raid Battle is canceled.
Developer Comments: Over the course of the EX Raid Battle field test, much of the feedback we received was focused around how Trainers are chosen to participate in EX Raid Battles. When the feature first entered field-testing, the system randomly selected a set of Trainers who were eligible for the EX Raid Battle. By taking Gym Badge level and total Raid Battles completed into account, we’re able to give Trainers who actively engage with the Gym where the EX Raid Battle is taking place and those who have invested more time into the Raid Battle feature a better chance of being invited to participate.

We also wanted to address some feedback we received about the timing and locations of EX Raid Battles. First, we’re taking popular Raid Battle times at the Gyms where the EX Raid Battle is taking place into account to help ensure many of the people who are invited will be able to participate. The reason we decided to have EX Raid Battles primarily take place at Gyms located in parks and at sponsored locations is to ensure the locations are easily accessible to Trainers in the area. Over time, we’ll explore hosting EX Raid Battles at more locations, but we want to first make sure those locations are also easily accessible.

We think each of these changes will have a positive impact on Trainers around the world. With the implementation of these features, we’ll be removing the field-test label and considering this the official launch of the EX Raid Battle feature. While the EX Raid Battle field test is coming to a close, we’ll continue to monitor your feedback and look to make more improvements, as we do with all Pokémon GO features.

• Raid Battle changes
    • Trainers will now receive Golden Razz Berries for completing Raid Battles.
    • The numbers of Potions and Revives awarded to Trainers for completing a Raid Battle will decrease slightly, but the quality of Potions will increase.
    • The likelihood of receiving Fast and Charged Technical Machines for completing a Tier 3 or higher Raid Battle has increased.
    • Trainers will now receive Stardust for participating in a Raid Battle, whether they win or lose.
    • Magikarp will make a triumphant return to Tier 1 Raid Battles.
Developer Comments: We want Trainers to walk away from Raid Battles feeling like they’ve earned some amazing rewards, even if the Raid Boss flees. To help make this more of a reality, we’ve made adjustments to the quality of items Trainers receive after defeating a Raid Boss. The addition of Stardust rewards for participating in a Raid Battle will help Trainers continue to power up the Pokémon they need to take on even more powerful Raid Bosses.

—The Pokémon GO team[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
the parks/sponsored thing doesn't work in Britain, everyone raids in the city, where there are few parks... also the improved quality of raid rewards is actually hurting my backspace, as I am already swamped by TM's and berries, and I need the lesser potions. just making nice chunks every day xp wise, looking forward to farfetch'd

Last edited:
The game has been quite fun these days. A lot of very uncommon spawns here and there. And the Double XP racks up really fast.

just lots of spawns here, found a random level 1 Blastoise today, but no pidgeots or crobats :(, checking xp going between places, and seeing 10k for next to nothing is rather fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)