Challenge Pokémon Platinum: The HYPERCORE Nuzlocke

Nuzlockes are a way to make the somewhat easy Pokémon games harder. There is also the harder hardcore nuzlocke. But I have made a variation of the hardcore nuzlocke ruleset, it is dubbed: the Hypercore Nuzlocke.

So what are the rules?

-If a Pokémon faints, it is unusable
-First Pokémon you find in a route is your encounter
-Set Mode
-No non-held items in Battle
-No weather setting moves or abilities (if a Mon has a weather setting ability I will change it to Keen Eye)
-1 Encounter in Between every Gym (Elite 4 has 4 extra encounters)
-Your team's Pokémon count must match the gym leader's
-Level cap is (Gym Leader's Ace Level - x/2 Rounded Down, where x is the number of Gym Badges)
-(Optional) Due to the difficulty of this challenge, you are allowed to use a save modification program to give your Pokémon Optimal EVs, IVs, and Natures and to evolve trade evolution mons and friendship evolution mons (and stone evolutions if the stone is hard to access)
^
|
(I am doing this because I am NOT gonna face a team full of Level 58-62s with 30 IVs across all stats using a team of level 54s-57s that have random IVs, Natures, and EVs)

I will be doing this Challenge in Pokémon Platinum.

Day 0: Level Cap is 14

I have already played up to the point to get my first encounter, a Starly. As for my Starter. I picked Turtwig because it's type hits most of the gym leaders' teams super effectively more than the other starters.

All I know is that this will be hell...

Attachments

Last edited:
Day 1: Level Cap is 14

The early game will be easy because of the level cap not being too high, in addition to the EVs, natures, and IVs I have added. Although I will have to try and avoid as many trainers I can for the late game. I have had a close call with a wild Starly, but so far so good. Starly evolved, and I swept Roark with my Turtwig.

The Level Cap is Now 22

I made it to Floroma Town and Valley Windworks and deal with Mars easily. Turtwig evolved into Grotle. I teamed up with Cheryl and breezed through Eterna Forest. I made it to Eterna City and swept Gardenia with Staravia.

The Level Cap is Now 25

Now that the Level Cap is 25 and my Staravia is Level 24, I may need to box it and replace it because the Gym Leaders have 3 Pokémon up until Snowpoint, so I went to the route to the left and caught a Budew, and boxed Staravia. I tried to save...

...wait, why is it taking forever to save?

...Why is it not going into sleep mode?

...Aw sh*t! It softlocked!

Damnit, now I have to redo Gardenia's gym again... but I will make Staravia level 20 instead...

...Okay there I defeated her, boxed Staravia, and caught another Budew as my encounter (which I evolved) and saved my game successfully.

I then went to the Team Galactic Building where the Roselia Died to Jupiter's Skuntank. But I defeated her and moved on. I got the Egg from Cynthia which became a Togepi, then a Togetic.

I then moved on to Hearthome city deathless and defeated Fantina only using Grotle.

The Level Cap is now 31

Afterwards I caught a Huge Power Marill that evolved into an Azumaril on the way to Veilstone. I then swept the entire Veilstone Gym with Staravia and Machop, which became a Machoke.

The Level Cap is Now 35

I save and end my run here for tomarrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)