Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Well let's see what we got going on here.

- Main Stages
- Grindable Big Wave with Poliwrath.
- Another draining EB, and on the Abysmal Water Typing
- Hoopa-U just got Typeless Combo if you feel like swapping to that (kind of murders Sinister Power, Phantom Combo surviving on the Mo4/5 100% rate).
- Combo skills got buffed to compete with Silvally, who got RML's.
- A lot of Cross Attack users. Some shot skills, and Jigglypuff for a Fairy LDE user.

Busy looking update, hope some of those important Skill swappers have grindable stages in there like Jigglypuff or Trevenant.

I can't find any data, but how competitive are the combo skills with Typeless Combo? Obviously I would assume Typeless Combo is still the way to go if you're short on Skill Boosters and/or time/hearts/coins to grind, but just out of curiosity.

EDIT: Glad Trevenant got a useful skill and RMLs since he's one of my favourites, but man how many people really have the time to grind some mons all the way to 30?

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think I'll ever have a Lv 30 Pokemon. Why should I invest a ton of exp to go from 20 to 25 and only get +5 AP, while with the same exp I can raise another Pokemon from 1 to 17 and get +46 AP (assuming 70 BP)?
But the real question is: why does GS keep releasing EBs without skill boosters when we need them more than ever? This is getting very annoying.

Honestly I don't think I'll ever have a Lv 30 Pokemon. Why should I invest a ton of exp to go from 20 to 25 and only get +5 AP, while with the same exp I can raise another Pokemon from 1 to 17 and get +46 AP (assuming 70 BP)?
But the real question is: why does GS keep releasing EBs without skill boosters when we need them more than ever? This is getting very annoying.
Why give out Skill Boosters when they can make players buy jewels to unlock the Eevee stage (which, btw, has only given me one Skill Booster M each week for the past month or so) over and over again?

Why give out Skill Boosters when they can make players buy jewels to unlock the Eevee stage (which, btw, has only given me one Skill Booster M each week for the past month or so) over and over again?
13 weeks without double/triple drops here. 13. I hate Eevee.

This is the issue that annoys me: Even if you pay jewels, the amount of resources they provide is not enough to keep pace with a lot of these. Victini/Magearna don't give enough EXP to raise a Pokemon more than 2 levels with the crown once they pass level 15, so it still takes at least a month or two to cap them. Skill Boosters and shortage of Skill Swappers mean we can't play with most of these new toys since there's also a glut of content to get in the way of PSB grinding, on top of the usual need to coin grid. it's reaching the point where the treadmill's getting a bit too fast for even the paying players to keep up with the dangling carrot.

100% agreed. I don't mind supporting the game with small monthly payments (kinda like Patreon but obviously GS is much bigger), but they're alienating even people like me who feel that the small amounts I give per month aren't enough to keep me competitive. In the most extreme cases, you can use jewels for NHN to grind out EXP Boosters every week, but I doubt even the most hardcore players do that.

Take this week for example, another EB plus competition plus new main stages, and grindable PSB stages on top of that? I understand that the EB and competition are more of an urgent thing as they're not around forever, but with what we've been having the past few weeks with new content, are we going to have a chill week where we can just grind out the new stages? Or do we have to just slip them in in between weeks?

Also just peeped the new RML/SS additions and boy are they underwhelming.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get Feraligatr to SL4 before concentrating on the EB, but the drop rate is really atrocious. In the last two days I've been averaging one drop every 5 hearts. Since I should be 5 or 6 PSBs away from my target, I'm tempted to use a couple of Skill Boosters S and put an end to this agony. These stages absolutely need better drop rates :/

I don't think I'm gonna go far this EB, trying to grind Camerupt up first. With lackluster rewards and a disappointing pool of RML Pokemon, I'm in no rush to get more RMLs.

October 17th New Content
Marowak (Alola Form) Great Challenge

Returning Content
Daily Pokémon #1: Rotoms; drops EXP Boosters
Bellossom Great Challenge; drops PSBs (25%, 25%, 12.5%) - 7 DAYS ONLY
Kingdra Great Challenge (costs 300 coins); drops PSBs (25%, 12.5%, 6.25%) - 7 DAYS ONLY
Ho-Oh Challenge (costs 2 hearts); drops PSBs (50%, 25%, 12.5%) - 7 DAYS ONLY
Pikachu (Shiny Gyarados Costume) Great Challenge; drops PSBs (25%, 12.5%, 6.25%) - 7 DAYS ONLY
Sableye (Spooky) Great Challenge; drops PSBs (25%, 12.5%, 6.25%)
Pokémon Safari #4: Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Pikachu (Spooky), Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Drifloon; drops EXP Boosters

Future Content
TBD

Marowak (Alola Form): Ghost-type, 60 BP, Shadow Dance

I'm finally done with Volcanion's EB. My initial plan was to stop at 300, but the later boss stages didn't look too hard (500 not included, of course), and I got tempted by the prizes they offered, so in the end I got to 450. All in all, it's been a rather easy escalation, and even relatively cheap. Now it's Ho-oh time, I'm going to get Pyre to SL3.

I got to 300, but I need coins and some of the later boss stages (and even between boss stretches) look like they could be finnicky since I don't have some Anti-Water stuff prepped (like the Hyper Bolt or Shot Out Pikachus), so that's where I'm stopping. Thankfully it's a relatively slow week outside the EB, so i can build my stash back up and see what's to come. I'm waiting for a week or two to see if we get any notable anti-Psychic stuff for Deoxys-D (are there any Megas left?) given I've heard horror stories about S-Ranking (and likely catching) that thing even with Full items.

Welp, the treadmill effect is starting to hit me hard. Losing all motivation and interest in this game day by day, though some of it might also have to do with other stuff. I hope (or not) they introduce a new aspect into the game.

Welp, the treadmill effect is starting to hit me hard. Losing all motivation and interest in this game day by day, though some of it might also have to do with other stuff. I hope (or not) they introduce a new aspect into the game.
From time to time, I feel the same way. After all, I'm aware that Pokemon Shuffle is a rather pointless game, it's all about grinding resources to get stronger Pokemon to gain even more resources, in an infinite loop. There's no real purpose, aside from maybe catching them all, which is not so exciting to be honest (it's something we've been doing for 20 years in main games). That said, I still enjoy this game, maybe because I've always played it more casually than most veteran players (20-25 hearts a day, so not enough to really grow tired of it). However, there's one thing that I can't absolutely stand anymore, and that will likely lead me to quit the game in the long run: Meowth farming. It bores me so much that I'd rather do anything else, with the result that I'm constantly low on coins. For now, I can compensate by investing my hard-earned jewels on Sunday Meowth (not every week, of course), but they won't last forever, and without coins you can't hope to accomplish much in this game.

maybe because I've always played it more casually than most veteran players
Thanks, I think I'm gonna have to start doing this too. I only went up to stage 200 for Volcanion (despite sitting at over 90k coins) and barely touched the game the past few days. Might just take a break from the events for a few weeks and casually try to S-rank the newest batch of main stages.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Free Shiny Gengar
Mega Banette Competition (Bring Marowak-Alola)

Returning Content
Spooky Gengar Once-a-Day (Drops PSB's)
Mimikyu Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Dhelmise Great Challenge
Hoopa-Unbound Ultra Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Latias Escalation Battle
Daily Pokémon #2 (Drops Coins)
Alola-specific weekly events

Future Content
Xurkitree UB Challenge (20k coins for 10 attempts, 5× Exp. Booster L for winning first time)
Drifblim Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Litten Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Palossand Great Challenge
Mimikyu Scoring Challenge (MOBILE ONLY)
Daily Poémon #3 (Drops Coins)

Event Pokémon
Shiny Gengar: Base 70 Ghost-type w/ Blindside.
Shiny Mega Gengar: Ghost-type, 11 icons, 3 speedups, Erases a group of Pokémon in the middle at once.
Dhelmise: Base 70 Ghost-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Xurkitree: Base 70 Electric-type w/ Conduction.
Palossand: Base 60 Ground-type w/ Eject++.

EB Prizes
Lv5: 300× Coin
Lv10: 500× Coin
Lv20: 1,000× Coin
Lv25: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv35: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv50: 1× Latiasite / 1× Mega Speedup
Lv65: 2× Exp. Booster M
Lv70: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv85: 3,000× Coin
Lv100: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv125: 3× Raise Max Level
Lv150: 2× Level Up
Lv175: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv200: 6× Raise Max Level

All done.

Last edited:
Not sure I'll hit up Hoopa since RT is maxed out and I have both Silvally and Zoroark for Typeless/Dark combo uses. Still, very nice for people who want to grind either of its good abilities and RML's.

Latias is nice since I have Zygarde-C built for LDE, and 200 is nice since that can get me through the early boss fights and its a smaller heart cost. Gonna try to wrap that up quickly and then grind up Mimikyu. Spookify+ with Lunala makes for strong Ghost shenanigans in lieu of Pyre/Ninetales, important since Ghost is short of Bursters but heavy on combo-ers like Mega Gengar, Bannette, etc.

Wonder if Xurkitree will be good. They're 1/2 with UB's so far, and since Electric Burst is starting to slack, a good Combo ability would be nice if it's not another Buzzwole Burst. Drifblim and Litten seem meh for me, given their abilities are either situational outside timed stages or just underwhelming as shot skills.

October 31st New Content
UB Challenge: Xurkitree (costs 20,000 coins for 10 attempts); drops 5 EXP Booster Ls upon first success - 7 DAYS ONLY AND BRING PALOSSAND
Palossand Great Challenge
November Start-of-the-Month Challenge - Starts November 1st
Mimikyu Score Challenge

Returning Content
Daily Pokémon #3: Girafarig, Kecleon, Shuckle, Relicanth, Spiritomb; drops coins
Drifblim Hi-Speed Challenge (costs 300 coins); drops PSBs (25%, 12.5%, 6.25%) - 7 DAYS ONLY
Litten Great Challenge; drops PSBs (25%, 12.5%, 6.25%) - 7 DAYS ONLY

Future Content
TBD

Xurkitree: Electric-type, 70 BP, Conduction
Palossand:
Conduction: Increases damage done by any Electric types in a combo; damage multiplier 2x, activation rates of 20% / 60% / 90% at SL1, +10% per level up, costs 120 skill points to max
S-rank (120,000 points): 1x Mega Speed Up
A-rank (100,000 points): 1x Skill Booster M
B-rank (80,000 points): 1x Skill Booster S
C-rank (60,000 points): 1x Skill Booster S
D-rank (50,000 points): 1x EXP Booster L
E-rank (40,000 points): 1x Mega Speed Up
F-rank (30,000 points): 2x EXP Booster M
G-rank (25,000 points): 1x EXP Booster M
H-rank (20,000 points): 3x EXP Booster S
I-rank (15,000 points): 2x EXP Booster S
J-rank (10,000 points): 1x EXP Booster S
K-rank (5,000 points): 1,000 Coins

Last edited:
DEFINITELY catch Palossand before trying Xurkitree. Disrupts him and a bunch of garbage non-supports to Eject with it. Other than that, simple Ground Forces stage if you use a Tapper like Camerupt.

Got Mimikyu to SL4, but my coin stash is drained from last week, so a week of Meowth farming ahead of me.

I used my 99k coin stash rather freely to finish the EB and Xurkitree (though I probably should've played a few more times instead of GBing it on the first attempt). Down to about 26k now needing to grind out those S-ranks, but probably gonna get Mimikyu up first.

The Pokemon JP Twitter inadvertently tweeted this out, and here's a screenshot in case it gets deleted:
pheromosa.PNG
Could this be next after Xurkitree?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)