Pokemon Towns/Cities That Resemble Your Ideal Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Please relocate to Cong if it seems more appropriate. Thanks!)

Pokemon gave us a chance to visit places that are exotic, plain, and everything in between. I take great interest in the towns and cities of late. This is because I am looking to move out in the coming years, and am looking for ideal places. This may make some of you laugh, but I'll say it anyways: I would like to live somewhere that has similar qualities of my favorite Pokemon towns (location, things to do, etc). Anyways, here's what I'd like to hear from you: what town or city in the main Pokemon series best resembles the type of location you'd like to live? You can have multiple locations; I'm mostly curious to hear reasonings.

I've always had a fascination with the sea. In addition to visiting beaches, aquariums and estuaries growing up, video game locations (Pokemon sea cities/towns, Launch Octopus' stage in MegaMan X, and Jolly Roger Bay in Super Mario 64) have supplemented that fascination. The following locations best exemplify what I would enjoy most in an irl place:

Cerulean City-Cerulean is a lovely, secluded city with a river running through it. There's also a cape to the north, as well as a bridge that crosses over the watery location. This is more of a homely, quiet ocean location, whose calm would be very appealing to me

Vermillion City-Vermillion is a bustling port city. I've never been on a cruise, but the S.S. Anne made me want to go on one in the future. Overall, it seems like a great place to meet a variety of people from around the world. And it would always be a busy place for engineers, so I wouldn't be out of work :p

Fuchsia City-Fuchsia is a city that, in addition to overlooking the ocean, is home to a zoo and safari. There's also a nearby biking path in Cycling Hill. Off to the east, there are many sprawling oceanside plains with many bridges. I would imagine this latter location to be similar to an estuary.

Lilycove City- Lilycove has it all: a contest hall, a museum, a huge department store, and a beautiful cove. It really is a classy location that speaks to my bougie taste.

Luckily, I have several nearby places that are similar to these locations. Prime among them are Newport Beach and San Diego. These are really expensive, but my career path will make living in either of these places feasible in the coming years.

One potential issue of living in a city area is that things would be too loud and volatile. This is why I would be open to a place like Verdanturf Town. It's a quaint little town situated near a mountain. The "tasty" air is supposed to be good for people with ailments; as a chronic allergy sufferer, I would greatly appreciate a place like this. Verdanturf is also relatively close to two bustling cities (Rustboro and Mauville). I would greatly appreciate the option to quickly transfer from tranquil town to civilization.
I am looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Potential other question: does your current home resemble any ingame towns/cities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)