Project PS! Importable Movesets

Status
Not open for further replies.

innovamania

WEESNAWW
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great set but I think your EVs are a little messed up.
You've got 44 unnecessary EVs in Attack, which can instead be put straight into Special Attack for the sake of those running Fire Blast.
This then means you can keep the 36 Defense EVs whether you're running Fire Blast or not.
Probably. like I said I never run fireblast. but yea you can take the extra evs and put em in sp. attack and make it brave. I really don't care about not being able to hit pawn tho since pawn checks aren't that hard to fit on.

Last edited:

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Mudbray @ Berry Juice
Ability: Stamina
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Bulldoze

my take on mudbray has been more offensive than most's. bulldoze + rocks + eq kills staryu i think, which is why it hops onto the set - same w foo, etc. cc for ferros and others eq and rock slide for reasons of edgequake. can throw heavy slam somewhere if u must.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Are you running a team with a Pokemon weak to the insidious Stealth Rock or surreptitious Spikes?

Are you tired of having Pumpkaboo thwart your attempts to remove your entry hazards?

Are you building teams with only Flying-types and Levitators to avoid the afflictions accosted upon your beloved Pokemon?

I am offering the genuine article that will turn all your worst battling nightmares into dream dust! This Pokemon takes Pokemon including but not limited to Pumpkaboo, Gastly and Palossand and eliminates them before your opponent can say "Alola!" It is also an effective response to the Flying-type heathens and Ground-type troglodytes that threaten the sanctity of our metagame!

Behold, the answer to a small portion of all your problems!

236 Atk Sandshrew Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 204 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 18-24 (72 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 Atk Sandshrew Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. +1 236 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Palossand: 6-18 (24 - 72%) -- approx. 12.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Sandshrew Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gastly: 18-21 (94.7 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Sandshrew Icicle Crash vs. 116 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Mudbray: 14-20 (56 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Sandshrew Icicle Crash vs. +1 116 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Mudbray: 12-14 (48 - 56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Sandshrew-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash / Iron Head / Thief

Aside from Snow Slush shenanigans, Snowshrew works effectively as a Choice Scarf user. Drilbur overshadows Sandshrew in this role, but Snowshrew's fancy Ice/Steel-typing gives it a unique advantage: STAB Ice moves. Pumpkaboo cannot stand up against the threat of STAB Icicle Crash or Icicle Spear. Snowshrew is also immune to Toxic Spikes, which in the blooming metagame with Mareanie is a significant boon. Earthquake hits Chinchou, Pawniard and Fire-types. Iron Head is for secondary STAB. Thief hits Frillish if you really don't like spinblockers and is overall useful in a metagame where Knock Off is prevalent. Icicle Crash is sometimes better over Icicle Spear because you really don't want to Icicle Spear a Mudbray. Snowshrew will be slower than most other Choice Scarf users and cannot deal with most Fighting-types, especially Timburr.

Invest today, and save your team tomorrow!

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Most sets to this point have been added to the OP. Schmedly, innovamania, your sets were similar so I opted for inno's because it more or less combines your two (providing a way for Grimer to run Fire Blast or something else).

I also didn't include sets for Wimpod or Sandygast, because neither of them convinced me that they are at all usable in the current metagame (outclassing Golett is not exactly a milestone). rhydonphilip, if you have more to say on either of those, feel free to leave it here.

Don't know if this is worth the work, because of Ponyta and Mudbray, but...

Litten @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 HP / 126 Atk / 84 Def / 84 SpDef / 126 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- U-Turn
- Flare Blitz/Flame Charge (NOTE: if running Flame Charge, distribute some of the Speed EVs to HP if you want)
- Fake Out
- Leech Life

Now, I know 99% of you are thinking either "It's a dollar store version of Ponyta" or "It's a Fire type Shinx." Please hear me out! These are the reasons why it's a good pivot:
1. Fake Out to harass in general (unless it's a Mudbray)
2. Intimidate, which deters physical switch-ins (soft counter to someone being cheeky and sending in a Mudbray)
3. Leech Life, buffed, for health recovery and nice coverage (Gothita)
4. U-Turn (so no Volt Absorb for Chinchou, which was a big reason as to why Shinx was unviable)
5. Flame Charge* can allow you to outspeed some trappers
I admit this set has a counters, like vanilla Diglett if you're not fast enough, Mudbray, possibly Chinchou if you choose not to U-Turn out, and many Scarfed mons. But I think it would be worth trying out.
*if you want to run it

Any other set is mediocre because something does it better, unless you really want to have a Nasty Plot Litten. But I'm not helping you there.

Last edited:
Dewpider @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 212 HP / 100 Def / 36 SpAtk / 20 SpD / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Liquidation

i've been getting into LC this gen and one of the mons that i've playing around a lot with is dewpider because it has a super cool abiliy + typing combo. Its generally pretty fat (23/21/21 bulk w/ evio) and its typing lets it do all sorts of things like being one of the best all around Mudbray switch ins in the tier (max attack rock slide does like 34 and all of its coverage moves / STAB do negligible damage), shutting down most variants of hail, as well as being able to switch pretty well into most of the fighters in the tier (although losing evio sucks, i've found that's just how the tier rolls). double water coverage seems redundant but scald is just used to fish for burns / still hit hard as shit (you reliably 3HKO timburr / 2HKO a multitudewhile still outspeeding while it does nothing to you) and liquidation is just because physical water coverage is still good even w/ a -atk nature and you still do fun things like 3HKO cm goth (im not really sure what to put in that last slot tbh maybe mirror coat who knows). 11 speed to tie w/ mudbray + the clusterfuck of mons that seem to approach that tier, forgive me if the spreads not 100% optimal, i'm still getting the hang of ev-ing.

i know its not really a meta-defining mon like all the other ones people have been talking about but i think it has its place in the metagame and its a cool little glue mon to try out

Last edited:

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Evan. hey bro nice to see you getting into lc.

anyways, yeah ever since the details of water bubble have been released, dewpider seemed to be a very interesting mon. Rest talk is probs necessary, but I actually see you getting more mileage out of leech life > scald. with the burn nerf and liquidation already being a good stab + lowering defense, I think it might fit better than scald. makes it much easier to beat grasses, allows for more investment into atk damage, and is actually solid coverage.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Dewpider (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 212 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Leech Life
- Liquidation

would be the new set and spread btw.

Rufflet (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- U-turn / Aerial Ace / Shadow Claw / Tailwind
- Superpower

the new king is here. rufflet has become so much more spammable with its new acquisition in brave bird, almost doubling its power. set is well known just a nifty addition in bb. aace can be used over uturn for accuracy sake. shadow claw was an idea by Heysup that allows it to be able to nail honedge yet brave bird 3hkoes after rocks so its not really a big deal. tailwind is a sick thing for offense (but so is uturn ig) so that can work too i suppose

Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Yawn

might as well post this guy that me and Imanalt came up with. he is a great role compressor in the current meta; it is able to check electrics (bar chou obv), set rocks, and checks cutiefly (via yawn). synergizes with mareanie + pory quite well. likes a wish passer such as spritzee

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

Klink @ Berry Juice
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Wild Charge

with shift gear & gear grind legal on klink now i had some fun playing with it and came up w/ this moveset & evs. gear grind is great for breaking through sashs and being a strong stab in general, return is great for hitting chinchou and good neutral coverage that doesnt miss, and wild charge hitting other bulky waters & steel types for the most damage. berry juice gives it more opportunities to set up from my experience & clear body is the only really viable ability. the ev spread maximizes attack, 116 speed allows it to hit 22 speed evs which just outspeed scarf goth after shift gear, but more evs can be put in there if you wanna speed tie w/ things like scarf rufflet & pawn, but i feel like 22 is fine.

Sorry Jac, I just couldn't stand seeing that horrible vulpix set Z: my eyes are rotting

This is the better Alolan Vulpix

Vulpix-Alola (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Ice Shard / Encore

Vulpix is so horribad as a special attacker and it's so lackluster as a hail mon too compared to snover, so the most ideal use of this qt is to work as a aurora veil supporter. Light clay adds more turns to Aurora Veil and it still lasts after Hail finishes! Blizzard is bad because you need icy rock and because it means you have to run both ice stabs, freeze dry is usually does the job well alone. Reason I put Ice shard in was because of all these abras but if you hate cutiefly and such you can put in encore too (but you'll never get to use it anyways). Vulpix is so adorable ~

This bae is mine

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Updated to this point, I love everyone posting here.

Just an update, if you want to post sets for ORAS-legal Pokemon that aren't necessarily different themselves, but run different sets than in ORAS because of metagame shifts, thats appreciated too. I'll post a list in the next few days of sets that I think fall under this category, but in the meantime, if you can think of some, post for some likes (and to better the community of course!)

Klink @ Berry Juice
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Wild Charge

with shift gear & gear grind legal on klink now i had some fun playing with it and came up w/ this moveset & evs. gear grind is great for breaking through sashs and being a strong stab in general, return is great for hitting chinchou and good neutral coverage that doesnt miss, and wild charge hitting other bulky waters & steel types for the most damage. berry juice gives it more opportunities to set up from my experience & clear body is the only really viable ability. the ev spread maximizes attack, 116 speed allows it to hit 22 speed evs which just outspeed scarf goth after shift gear, but more evs can be put in there if you wanna speed tie w/ things like scarf rufflet & pawn, but i feel like 22 is fine.
Maybe I'm just rambling, but maybe you could stick Substitute on the set? Where, I'm not sure, but it would help as a wall against burns (caused by Scald and otherwise) while setting up, not to mention safety from Mudbray in any form, at least temporarily.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
having played the meta for a bit now, i think it's time to post some sets...

ISwrItsNotMe (Cutiefly) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpA / 36 SpD / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Moonblast
- Roost

first up we have cutiefly. while this isn't exactly revolutionary, i do wanna post my cutie set if only for the ev spread. nothing against the one in the op, but if you're running eviolite i believe this to be the most optimal spread. the biggest thing is making sure you have 14 def. this helps cutiefly immensely, actually making it possible to reliably set up on the things you want to. not to mention, having the extra bulk helps cutie turn into a much better late-game wincon if passing isn't an option. having said that, due to the fact that 13 spa nets the same ko's that 14 does, you are free to run that extra speed point to hit 17 and actually have a chance to outrun mienfoo / archen. don't listen to Mamblow, 16 spe is bad.

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave

say hello to THE vullaby set now. before, vullaby was the support mon for your other lc behemoths. vullaby provided hazard removal, a pivot, a blanket check, and a wallbreaker at times. well, gen 7 vullaby takes a dump on all that and says f it. this thing can straight donk teams if given the chance. due to the buff of weak armor giving +2 speed instead of +1, vullaby can now actually outspeed almost everything in the meta while nuking things with NP boosted STABS + Heat Wave. the best thing is that vullaby has so much natural bulk that after even a defense drop due to weak armor, it can still tank priority fairly well. if bulk is even more coveted, you can run eviolite, but i don't like that unless you're running roost, which would then force you to drop a coverage option. but yeah just play this thing in a way that almost forces your opponent to damage you physically (which actually is fairly easy) and you might just dig their grave.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since fatty posted Special Vullaby, I'll post the physical version:

Vullaby @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mirror Move
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Rock Smash

Z-Mirror Move gives you +2 attack, and also copies the last attacking move the opponent used in Z-form. so if you're setting up on a Mienfoo who just used Drain Punch, you attack it back with All-Out-Pummelling. Then you can sweep with your +2 attack, using dual stabs+Rock Smash for Pawniard. The only problem with this is it really misses Eviolite or Berry Juice, which makes me think the Special set is slightly better

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just some fun mons I've been using since they're great and anti-meta:

Houndour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 36 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Pursuit
- Destiny Bond

Scarf Houndour is rather good at hitting almost everything hard. Mareanie suchs, but is rather explotable thanks to Goth or even just Knocking it off. Pursuit allows Houndour to have some cute utility against Abra and mono attacking Gothita (apparently two or 3 attack CM is a thing now, which is cool I guess). D Bond allows for Houndour to make a rather impromptu check to a lot of Pokemon, namely Porygon. Houndour's general high speed and power makes it awful to play against with most builds rn, and the lack of Fletchling and prio Waters and Fighters is very helpful. Spike Stack + this set is rather good currently; thus far Houndour has scavenged 1-4 kills a game.

Shellder @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Lax Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump / Hidden Power [Fighting]

I've used Shellder a lot and last gen if you were not prepared for it versus me you were insane. Not too much has changed about Shellder, though it is arguably better now. It can now regularly forgot Ice Shard (though it's still nice for Dig's Sucker and Dodou's) in favor of coverage against Steels. Pawniard is less common now, wich is great, and wall Porygon is now rare. Hydro allows for Shellder to OHKO Mudbray (which kinda checks it), Pawniard after Vulla's U-turn and 2 SR switch ins, Magnemite after some hazard damage, and actually hurt Honedge! Bronzor takes minimal damage still, but at least it you Knock Off Bronzor it should be KOed. HP Fighting is better for just Pawn and Mag, plus doesn't miss, though Shellder is less bulky with it. It's fun as hell to use Shellder still.

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Ground]

While this is the walled by Cutiefly special, Snivy in general is very solid currently. It's the same as ORAS, but the set makes for a decent Water-resist, Mudbray counter (fucks over Rock Tomb some), and a general wallbreaker as it has done before. Glare > T Wave and it's just as good on Snivy still since it has high enough speed already. It's counters are generally less common currently too, and it can make a solid addition on teams aiming to overload counters, especially balance teams. Plus some of its more fun partners (Vullaby and now Mudbray mainly) are extremely viable.

Go with a Naive or Naughty nature on that Shellder its special defence sucks anyway
Naughty is not a great choice in this case because the Icicle Spear and Rock Blast rolls tend to be the same with both 16 and 17 Attack.
As for Naive, you said yourself that it's only useful against uncommon Pokemon.
Lax is the best option here because it boosts Shellder's defense from 17 to 18. This is especially helpful as 18 is an Eviolite number.

One point in Defence won't make a difference. One point in Speed will.

156 Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 36 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Shellder: 6-7 (30 - 35%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO
156 Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. 36 HP / 36+ Def Eviolite Shellder: 6-7 (30 - 35%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO

No difference in damage reduction whatsoever. Does Lax let you survive anything notable? Even though Scarf Gastly and Doduo aren't that common, I'd still rather have that peace of mind.

Anyway, a set I've been running

Pancham @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Parting Shot

When used as a Z move, Parting Shot also fully heals the switch in. Can be great to give a sweeper another chance, or just as a general pivot. Drain Punch is the STAB move, and keeps Pancham healthy. Knock Off removes items, even from Sticky Hold mons thanks to Mold Breaker. Gunk Shot wrecks Fairy types. Parting Shot lets you bring in a teammate safely, and heals them if you're using it as a Z move. EVs let you outrun uninvested Timburr, with max Attack and the rest boosting defences.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, it does matter.

0 Atk Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 36 HP / 36+ Def Eviolite Shellder: 7-10 (35 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
(7, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10)

0 Atk Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 36 HP / 0+ Def Eviolite Shellder: 9-12 (45 - 60%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO
(9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12)

156 Atk Vullaby Brave Bird vs. 36 HP / 36+ Def Eviolite Shellder: 7-9 (35 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9)

156 Atk Vullaby Brave Bird vs. 36 HP / 0+ Def Eviolite Shellder: 7-10 (35 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

116 Atk Timburr Mach Punch vs. -1 36 HP / 0+ Def Eviolite Shellder: 6-7 (30 - 35%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO
(6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7)

116 Atk Timburr Mach Punch vs. -1 36 HP / 36+ Def Eviolite Shellder: 4-6 (20 - 30%) -- 2.2% chance to 4HKO
(4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6)

236 Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. -1 36 HP / 0+ Def Eviolite Shellder: 9-12 (45 - 60%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO
(9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12)

236 Atk Pawniard Sucker Punch vs. -1 36 HP / 36+ Def Eviolite Shellder: 7-10 (35 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Added Defense allows Shellder to survive setting up plus priority far more frequently. Moreover, since Shellder has only 20 HP the difference of 1 damage is pretty important, and 2 is rather large. The only roll, and I'm 99% sure it is the only roll, where 17 attack vs 16 matters is Ice Shard vs Fletchling, making Naughty nature poor since the whole point is to forgo Ice Shard for the coverage you can now afford. 14 Speed vs 13 Speed at +2 (ie 28 vs 26) is not that important either, as only 2 relevant Scarfers outpace 26 Speed mons and neither of which these two Scarfers are the most common variants of already uncommon Pokemon.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
u want something cool? here u go:

rolling stone (Drilbur) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sandstorm
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

this thing knocks opps back into the stone age if ur precise about it. the moveset should be self-explanatory, but z-sandstorm is speed + power w sand force. moves are the moves. really threatens staryu thats even slightly weakened. i pass sds to this and use spikes. u gotta be careful when u set up

Rufflet @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 116 HP / 12 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Roost

Rufflet has become incredibly great with SM, thanks to Brave Bird. Here is a surprisingly good set that I tried.
So, where is the point of running this instead of standard choice scarf ?

They do not play the same role. Rufflet is used here as a pseudo "double dancer".
The theory is really easy to understand, set-up at +1 or +2, then tailwind and brave bird spam.
As a bulky sweeper, Rufflet has an easy set-up on many things, including :

- Vullaby (get knocked off though, but rufflet do what he want to do)
- Mienfoo and fighting types in general.
- Spritzee
- Sashbra (Without Spdef drop hax though)
- Drilbur

It also deals with Snivy, Snubull without twave, Staryu without LO, has a chance to win against pawn without LO and flinch hax, can eventually deal with carvanha with full life and probably more. The goal of the set is mainly to make defensive teams explode, also it can be painful for Balanced teams too. Bulk Up as I previously said is kinda easy to set-up, same for tailwind : the opponent will often wait the death of the mon against Rufflet, in order to be "sure" to revenge kill it after the KO and avoid a random anticipation of switch with Brave Bird. And that's the moment when you can push the button tailwind and then bird it hard. Also, being a mono-attacker is not really an issue, because Flying STAB in LC is just stupidly strong, after a bulk up you just 2HKO pawniard and chinchou. Who needs superpower when you can have a speed boost ?

Really underrated set imo, pair it with Diglett and just try it.

some replays : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebanklc-488330811

Last edited:

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Venonat isn't a Pokemon that gets a lot of time in the limelight, but with Baton Pass being a topic of discussion rn I thought it would be appropriate time to post this fun little set

Venonat @ Grassium Z
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 196 HP / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Baton Pass
- Leech Life
- Substitute

You put something to sleep and then you Baton Pass. Z-Sleep Powder gives the user +1 Speed, so Venonat can pass +1 Speed to an ally. If the opponent switches, you get to scout and send in the appropriate Pokemon. If the opponent stays in, your next Pokemon can potentially set up. Good teammates are sweepers and powerful Pokemon that can do a lot of damage with +1 Speed, i.e. Pawniard, Clamperl, Corphish, etc. Offensive Baton Pass users, like Mienfoo, are also excellent teammates.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Meowth-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bite
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

Meowth-Alola definitely seems like it's a step down from Meowth as an anti-lead due to it having less Attack, but access to an extremely fast Parting Shot and Technician-boosted Fake Out + Bite is still pretty strong. Physical is chosen over Special to maximize Fake Out damage. Parting Shot lets teammates come in fairly safely, especially bulky teammates who can come in on something like a Mudbray EQ or Mienshao's Drain Punch. This also separates it from regular Meowth as a lead. 19 Speed means you go fast and out-speed opposing Fake Out users, keeping the sash intact. 13 Attack seems pretty meh, but Technician boosts Bite to 90 BP (+ STAB) and Fake Out to 60 BP, and still has a nice 30% flinch chance with Bite. Taunt prevents hazards and boosts, which helps in a metagame where boosting can often lead to clean sweeps. It doesn't seem like a great option stat-wise, but Parting Shot sets it apart from other Pokemon, and with the right support, it can come in multiple times in a battle to chip weakened Pokemon out or nerf some threats with Parting Shot.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
In all honesty, Crabrawler is not a bad Pokemon. It's biggest problem is that other Fighting-types are so good that it is hard to justify using Crabrawler outside of novelty. Not being able to learn Drain Punch and Knock Off hurts its potential as a bulky attacker. However, as a strictly offensive Pokemon, Crabrawler does have some qualities which give it a slight edge over the competition.

Crabrawler @ Expert Belt
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 180 Atk / 60 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer
- Stone Edge

You punch things, and that's about it. Crabrawler can't touch Pumpkaboo, so run something like Ponyta which can absorb Will-O-Wisp. This set emphasizes Crabrawler's strengths: 17 Speed and coverage. It has the ability to 2HKO Mareanie with Earthquake and Mudbray with Crabhammer. Stone Edge can OHKO Eviolite Cutiefly after Stealth Rock. Eviolite is an option, but it doesn't provide the 100% guaranteed 2HKOs and OHKOS the Expert Belt does.

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Not the best at teambuilding, but here goes nothing.

Diglett-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Tangling Hair
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

So this is meant to be an all out attacker, this set isn't particularly good compared to Diglett, as it still has below mediocre defenses, and a slower Speed stat and not as good abilities making it less viable. The only good I can see in it is as an all out attacker. Earthquake is it's primary STAB move hitting with decent damage, Sucker Punch to pick off low health opponents, Rock Slide is used for coverage against Flying-, Ice-, Bug-, and Fire-types, such as Vullaby and Cubchoo. Iron Head is it's other STAB move due to it's Steel typing, which actually, in turn for the worse, gave it MORE weaknesses, as only Ground had 3 weaknesses, now Alolan Diglett has 4, and these 4 are actually very common types. In conclusion, Alolan Diglett is not as good as it's counterpart, and it shouldn't really be used in any team as it is mostly outclassed by other Pokemon unless there is a more creative set for this Pokemon. I LOVE THE HAIR THOUGH!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)