PU CCAT V2 (Round 6 Voting Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Kind of torn on this last couple of slots - either need something with priority, or a scarfer at this point to take on the boosted PU meta. Scarf Mime unfortunately isn't fast enough to outspeed +2 Victreebel / Poliwrath. Gonna say Ben Ohver, assuming something faster than 478 speed is the last mon on the team.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
BenOhver wins Round 5 so Machoke is the fifth member of the team. Nominations for the final member of the team is now open.

Our team so far:

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Piloswine @Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Floatzel @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Last edited:
The team is looking a little weak on the special side so to alleviate this issue I'd like to suggest we add Grumpig.

Grumpig @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave / Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Grumpig is a nice option to check special attackers like Simipour, Specs Poli, Aurorus, Regice, Ninetales, Kadabra, Victrebell (for you 2xtap) and more while not sacrificing the team's offensive nature. The EVs are to outspeed neutral 60 maxspeed, especially Pawniard while still hitting for decent damage. I think Leftovers is more fitting than Colbur on this particular team because we have a couple of solid Pawn checks. While Thunder Wave is usually preferred however Shadow Ball is an option as well to check other Grumpigs, Kadabra and to hit ghost switch-ins a little harder.

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Most of the Pokemon that Grumpig actually is able to check just don't get any chance to fire off an hit or a set-up opportunity against this team, because of its high offensivity and things such as Will-O-Wisp Rapidash which deals with most physical setup sweepers. Also Grumpig won't be even be able to tank Victreebel with that spread, as it would get slept and just punched in the face by SolarBeam(I think it 2HKOs). Raichu provides a more offensive answer to the few setup sweepers that could manage to attempt a sweep, such as Barbaracle, but also provides Volt Switch momentum, which can be useful to bring in our strong but frail attackers onto the field after maybe an opposing switch, also our team has plenty of answers to Ground-types to support Raichu, and Raichu also baits in things such as Roselia, which gives trouble to Leafeon.

Last edited:

Golduck @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Golduck is a nice end-game sweeper that is virtually unspeedable after it has set up a rain dance. It also has very good coverage in this tier.

Golduck fits on this team because it takes advantage of the holes made by Leafeon and Piloswine to secure a sweep. Leafeon wears down pokemon such as Tangela, Roselia, and Togetic with knock off, putting them in the KO range of Golduck's ice beam. Piloswine wears down Poliwrath switch-ins with earthquake, putting it in the KO range of Golduck's psychic.

If we include Golduck it would be nice to include a pokemon that can switch-in and revenge kill Ninetales, because all of our pokemon are wrecked by a +2 Ninetales, as well as something to spread will-o-wisp to give Golduck opportunities to set up.
Synchronoise though

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Filter
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

I probably recommend and use this thing way too much, but I couldn't pass up how well Scarfed Mr. Mime works with this team. The team is very offensive, but basically the whole team is easily worn down and we don't have hazard control. Mr. Mime would help patch this up with a fast Healing Wish to heal up our offensive threats. It also acts as a pseudo-switch into Poliwrath, as nothing on our team is willing to take on a Focus Blast, or any Fighting-type move for that matter.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Another scarfer that could easily fit this team is Dodrio; while it's not as fast as Raichu, it has enough speed to outspeed Victreebel in Sun and Poliwrath in Rain (these hit 478, so Jolly Dodrio outspeeds at 492 Speed total), which is what is important here. Without running something faster than 478 Speed, you run the risk of losing to Weather-based threats. If not using something like Scarf Raichu, Scarf Aurorus (with Snow Warning), a Scarfed Simi Monkey or even Scarf Ditto, I'd definitely use this for some much needed Speed on this team.

As far as type synergy goes, its weaknesses are also perfectly accounted for; Machoke takes Rock hits, Piloswine and Leafeon can sponge Electric hits, and Floatzel, Piloswine and Rapidash can all take Ice hits for Dodrio. There are also a lot of Pokemon on this team who can take care of Probopass switch-ins quite easily (Machoke especially), which means doubling out to Machoke from Dodrio to lure in and KO Probopass is fairly easy with this team.

Three Wise Men (Dodrio) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

At this point though, I think the team would need a little bit of support to prevent Rocks (like Taunt, given it's offensive), as Dodrio and Rapidash would be taking 25% every switch in if Dodrio were added.

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's been a week, so moving this into the voting stage. You have 3 days to vote.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay so I'm going to pick Rachu because it keeps momentum, outpaces Sun and Rain Sweepers, and doesn't take 25% from rocks (rip dodrio)
Raiza.

TONE

Thanks for the reminder galbia. Raiza. wins Round 6, so Choice Scarf Raichu is the final member of the team. With the team finished, feel free to test the team on the cancerous ladder and post any adjustments to the sets or exchanging one Pokemon for another if you feel it made the team better. Thanks again to everyone who took part and PU CCAT V3 will start up sometime after the conclusion of the PUPL.

Our finished team:

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Piloswine @Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Floatzel @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Raichu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)