PU CCAT V3 - failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Al'Akir wins by one vote! Our new partner is Chatot and r3 submissions start now

Edit - id actually like to know why mienfoo isnt allowed it intrigues me
For a community build, going with one really weird mon that most people don't have experience with is an issue since this is supposed to be more inclusive, something like offensive licky is odd but it's not really strange. Mienfoo is also unranked which hurts the inclusivity, and as a final note I personally think it's totally unviable and why put that on

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Oh come now, this is only Round 3!

Rotom.jpeg

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

So ok, we have Normal Spam team. Cool. What else do we need now? Support.

Rotom-Frost beats a pretty sizable portion of what we need to KO, like Piloswine and Gourgeist (I know SD Licky can hit it pretty hard but I want insurance), and can check things we need checked, like Metang. This set also synergizes decently with Chatot in general with handy resists, and threatens a large portion of balance too. Burn is also a generally handy thing to have, and we can modify to make a Voltturn core with Chatot if we wanted. Honestly this set is very underrated and beats a lot of really common pokes and cores that can threaten us and it will go well with what we have. We will probably need a defogger though...and something to patch up that Fighting weakness...but hey, we only have half the team done. Lickilicky breaks down the walls, Rotom wears down and hinders the offensive threats and core, and the Chatot cleans up. Pretty nice.

EDIT: since Piloswine left I'll change this when I can

Last edited:

Duosion @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Acid Armor
Yes this team has a fighting weakness so I plan to help start patching that up Duosion is a nice physical wall that can also set up I like max defense acid armor but that can be changed. Duosion would be a nice add-on for this fighting weak team. Also reliable recovery is nice as well with STAB psyshock.

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm gonna leave this till saturday and spam people to contribute as rn we have 2 submissions, one of which was designed to take on the now absent Piloswine. I'd love for this to finish before the tier shift too

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion

Gourgeist-XL (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb / Foul Play / Shadow Sneak

this thing is the only reliable switch in to machoke, spreads burns, which helps licky setting up, can help gaining hp back with leech seed and is a huge annoyance in general, because it can whittle balanced teams so good, especialy considering that licky with knock off does a damn lot to support it, getting rid of lefties.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

As it stands now, I think both Scarf Chatot and SD Lickilicky would be made more effective if given a free switch-in via a slow U-Turn / Baton Pass / Volt Switch (especially for Chatot, given its horrible bulk; this also applies to Lickilicky, as a slow Volt Switch would also help to preserve Lickilicky's respectable bulk and let it set up SD more reliably). The team also needs Stealth Rock, so I think Probopass is a good fit for our Stealth Rock setter for now.

Probopass is also useful because it forms a slow/fast VoltTurn core with Chatot, while simultaneously trapping Steel-types for Chatot so that it can spam its Boomburst late-game as it cleans. Probopass also resists Rock / Ice for Chatot, while Chatot is immune to predictable Ground-type attacks aimed at Probopass. And finally, it gives you a more dedicated answer to Dodrio, which is a potent threat right now that needs to be addressed.

Mael's Gourgeist-XL is nice and could be used alongside this Probopass even, given their perfect type synergy together (Gourgeist resists or is immune to Water / Fighting / Ground, while Probopass resists Ice / Flying in return).

Reactions: MZ

MZ

ooor, we got two more submissions and I'd like to get this done before the tier shift so I'm starting voting now so that primeape doesnt drop when we have 5 members. Might not make it but I'd like to try, and if anybody plans on contributing, the quicker the better

MZ

So if Mag/Galbia just want to lock this I understand. However, I think this is a good time to get the CCAT going again. The meta's settled down for a bit and we already have 3 members good, and the PU Salty Nut Project should give some more incentive for people to post here. With that in mind, submissions are still open if anybody wants to take a crack at this. Also, if everybody wants to change SubSD Lickilicky to SubSD Bouffalant we can just do that now without waiting until the revision stage. I swear I'll try to keep this going this time.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
(Assuming this CCAT is continued): So far, we have SD Lickilicky, which is arguably old meta given Bouffalant dropped since the time this started (although, Lickilicky does have things like Knock Off / Power Whip / Explosion / can't be taunted out of SD over Bouff), Scarf Chatot, and Probopass. Right now, it's looking to shape up to be a pretty decent Normal spam team, but still needs a few things like a wallbreaker and something to beat Ghosts, particularly Misdreavus and Gourgeist-Super for Bouffalant, an answer to offensive Water-types like Simipour and Floatzel, a general stop to offensive Ice-types like Rotom-F and RP Regice, and a few checks to Fighting-types given it's a Normal spam team.

So, I'm gonna start with that wallbreaker slot:

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Frustration
- Superpower
- Crunch

Why Stoutland? It's an easy switch-in to Misdreavus, wallbreaks for Bouffalant, and can generally wreak havoc on teams once your Probopass has trapped opposing Steel types. Why Jolly? You can actually bait Adamant Monferno into attacking you with Close Combat, only to be outsped and OHKO'd by Jolly Frustration / Facade if Stoutland has been statused. With Monferno being baited (although not guaranteed because it can also run Jolly), Probopass and Bouffalant will have a much easier time doing what they do. Finally, I think Crunch is much more useful than Pursuit here, as that lets you hit Solrock and Metang pretty hard, given that Solrock walls Bouffalant, and Stoutland is walled by Metang without it. Removing either Metang or Solrock is pretty important on a Normal Spam team like this one.

Another pokemon that'd be fine for this slot would be Guts Machoke, as that also takes on Misdreavus comfortably and can break down Tangela with Knock Off / breaks down physically defensive Rock-types like Relicanth with its Fighting STAB, while also resisting its Head Smash.

Once this wallbreaker slot has been decided on, I'd probably go and use something like Grumpig as a check to Fighting-types, and a much needed answer to things like RP Regice. Grumpig can also threaten Ghost-types with its own Shadow Ball, while also being able to slow things down with Thunder Wave for slower Pokemon like Bouffalant.

Last edited:
(Assuming this CCAT is continued): So far, we have SD Lickilicky, which is arguably old meta given Bouffalant dropped since the time this started (although, Lickilicky does have things like Knock Off / Power Whip / Explosion / can't be taunted out of SD over Bouff), Scarf Chatot, and Probopass. Right now, it's looking to shape up to be a pretty decent Normal spam team, but still needs a few things like a wallbreaker and something to beat Ghosts, particularly Misdreavus and Gourgeist-Super for Bouffalant, an answer to offensive Water-types like Simipour and Floatzel, a general stop to offensive Ice-types like Rotom-F and RP Regice, and a few checks to Fighting-types given it's a Normal spam team.

So, I'm gonna start with that wallbreaker slot:

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Frustration
- Superpower
- Crunch

Why Stoutland? It's an easy switch-in to Misdreavus, wallbreaks for Bouffalant, and can generally wreak havoc on teams once your Probopass has trapped opposing Steel types. Why Jolly? You can actually bait Adamant Monferno into attacking you with Close Combat, only to be outsped and OHKO'd by Jolly Frustration / Facade if Stoutland has been statused. With Monferno being baited (although not guaranteed because it can also run Jolly), Probopass and Bouffalant will have a much easier time doing what they do. Finally, I think Crunch is much more useful than Pursuit here, as that lets you hit Solrock and Metang pretty hard, given that Solrock walls Bouffalant, and Stoutland is walled by Metang without it. Removing either Metang or Solrock is pretty important on a Normal Spam team like this one.

Another pokemon that'd be fine for this slot would be Guts Machoke, as that also takes on Misdreavus comfortably and can break down Tangela with Knock Off / breaks down physically defensive Rock-types like Relicanth with its Fighting STAB, while also resisting its Head Smash.

Once this wallbreaker slot has been decided on, I'd probably go and use something like Grumpig as a check to Fighting-types, and a much needed answer to things like RP Regice. Grumpig can also threaten Ghost-types with its own Shadow Ball, while also being able to slow things down with Thunder Wave for slower Pokemon like Bouffalant.
3 normal types + Probopass?

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
3 normal types + Probopass?
1 is a cleaner, the other is faster than standard monferno, but you could simply change Stoutland --> Guts Machoke, or Probopass --> Stunfisk at the end if synergy looks like shit. Also, adding Grumpig once the wall breaker has been decided on would help with that. Easy fix imo

Well I still think that this was started with an old metagame in mind and there is no point in continuing with this team. If mag approves you can make another CCAT Megazard with true deadlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)