Project PU Player of the Week 18: Akir

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryalot

senza telescopi
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Anty
OP stolen from Leer in RU, who took it from Lord Alphose and xzern in NU
Past Players of the Week: Magnemite, galbia, gasquakee, scorpdestroyer, Simipour, Anty, Raiza, 2xTheTap, TONE114, Megazard, Dundies, RawMelon, Kay, amber lamps, ShuckleDeath, Marogod, Haund

When you thought i abandomned this project, when you thought this wouldnt happen any more, after more than a month, PU Player of the "Week" is back! This time, we will get to know a bit better the well known PU room moderator Akir ! Feel free to leave some questions below and enjoy!

Most Known For: Being the nice mod and hosting PUPL II
Favorite Pokemon: Parasect
Most Used Pokemon: Mr. Mime
Can you tell us a bit about yourself outside of PS?
I'm a recent college graduate. When I was in college I was the president of a video game club, secretary of an anime club, founder of a political debate club, member of a mental health advocacy club, full time student, and part-time manager at my job. I even had a girlfriend to top it all off. Now I am on the job hunt and work a full-time retail job. Kept the girlfriend though, so that's cool.
As for other games I play, I play a lot of WoW and I also enjoy speedrunning Metroid games. I've also been enjoying Subnautica lately and enjoy a good management game every now and then. Total War is also a favorite, as is Advance Wars.

Where did you get your name from?
Well, before I joined Smogon proper, I used to ladder in NU a lot. I had 4 alts that were named after elemental lords from WoW: Neptulon, Therazane, Baron Geddon (couldn't get Ragnaros), and lastly Al'Akir. Al'Akir was the one that I topped ladder with, so when I joined Smogon to play more NU in gen6 I used that name for possible name recognition. Obviously I didn't get any, but I kept the name and later shortened it to Akir. No relation to the musical artist Akir.

How and when did you get into competitive battling?
Way back in gen3 I fancied myself a Pokemon Master and spent time making powerful mons and dunking on my poor friends. However, the drive to get better got to me, so in gen4 I hopped on a computer and literally typed into Google: "Professional Pokemon". After poking around I found this weird site named Smogon that had a good layout and used words that made me sound like I knew what I was talking about so that's when I started competitive proper.

What's your favorite playstyle and why?
Hyper Offense Hazard Stack without a doubt. The teams are easy to build, easy to play, and finish matches within 5 minutes. This makes these teams ideal for quick breaks from studying/work. I also just love how they play in general. There's something so nice about seeing a giant pile of hazards on your opponent's side, watching all of the hp drain away as they switch in, and using your mons to blast through your opponent like a knife through hot butter. Overall, they are just really fun to me.

In your opinion, are there any underrated or overrated threats in the current meta?
For underrated I will have to go with Lumineon. I honestly think Lumineon is better than Pelipper, or at minimum I find myself putting Lumineon on to more teams. Lumineon's role compression is fantastic as it is a Water check, Cacturne check, Golem check, Monferno check, defogger, and slow U-turn all rolled into one mon. Obviously it doesn't do everything on that list perfectly in a single match but the fact that it has the potential to is very good in my opinion. The lack of recovery hurts yes, but a low B+ would suit Lumineon just fine.
As for overrated I find this answer easy: Dodrio. I think A viability is good for it but people really love trying to push it to A+ because the Scarf set is/was so overhyped. The thing just has so many switchins. Do people really think that Scarf Dodrio is as effective as Stoutland or Mr. Mime? Hate to sound harsh, but that would be overrating Dodrio.

Can you name any up and coming players showing good potential?
I recently played Plans and GenZeon in the First Blood tour and was pretty impressed by them. There's also the usual lobby crowd of Slowbroth, Lord Sample Team, EnemyJurist, iRebel, @PokemonmasterTj,5gen, and others who really only need more experience and time to really start to shine.

Who do you look up to / admire most as a player and as a person in the PU scene?
If I had to pick someone it would be 2xTheTap, who really sticks out in my mind as the guy who was nicest to me when I first joined PU. Beyond that he is a solid player who is still willing to try new and crazy things just to see if they work. Great guy.

You're a moderator in the PU room. How do you feel about the community, either on PS or on Smogon?
Too many bad memes.
But seriously, everyone is an interesting mix. I have always had the philosophy of, "inclusion is always better than exclusion" so I always try as a mod to follow that ideal. Through that, there are a lot of people who get along and have a lot of jokes to share and I like that. I wouldn't spend so much time here otherwise.
There is also a rather bizarre split between the Discord chat and the PS chat that occurs every now and then. for example, PS chat figured Cacturne would be A- and Discord was sold on A+ and S. Cacturne is very much so A+/S, but the fact that there was such a split at all was rather concerning to me...and no, it wasn't all just skill level differences. I think the two should try to merge more.

There has been discussion in the NP thread (insert link here) about suspecting Cacturne. What are you thoughts on this?
I feel like the the suspect does have some merit to it, as Cacturne does cause massive problems to all playstyles and forces people to run the fairly small number of checks for it. The fact that Cacturne, after setting up, has only a couple switch-ins in a rather scary prospect as well. Top it off with being strong on both ends of the attacking spectrum and having the most powerful priority in the tier and it really deserves S.
However, I always urge caution on suspects as people are always eager to ban something for the sake of banning. Cacturne does have difficulty setting up a good amount of the time and a lot of Cacturne's checks are great in their own right (Monferno, Vullaby, Clefairy, etc). Some solid offensive pressure and using mons that are already good anyway can keep Cacturne reasonably at bay.
Overall, I personally would rather wait a little bit more for the last bit of Cacturne hype to die down and then watch the meta evolve a bit more before I'd fully support a Cacturne suspect. If the meta starts to revolve around the thing, then it's time to go.

What do you think about the idea of renaming PU?
Personally we could call the tier QU or XYZU and I really wouldn't care. Those names would give us the same amount of questions about the name anyway. I do think that we need to keep the "XU" format though, as it's part of the Smogon Brand (tm). It's part of our heritage and a huge portion of our identity as tier players and as Smogonites as a whole.

If you could make one change to the tier (anything), what would it be?
I can't really think of much to be honest, but I suppose if I could change anything I would like Torterra back in PU. That or Pinsir/Primeape, just to watch the carnage.

What kind of music do you listen to?
I'm actually one of the few people on this planet who doesn't like music. Wow. Incredible.

Can you provide a team that reflects you as a player, as well as the current metagame?
Crustle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Muk @ Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

So as per usual for me, I'm currently unhappy with all of my teams so I decided to deliver on what I stated previously and just made a HO hazard stack team in 5 minutes. I won't go too much into it as it takes me a solid paragraph just to summarize but here's the brief version: Crustle is standard lead, Muk is wallbreaker that lures in Steels that I want gone and it sounded fun, Monferno is glue that also lures in defoggers, Mr. Mime is wincon and also HW support, Rotom-Frost just decimates the tier in general, Missy fills in synergy gaps and wallbreaks/spreads paralysis. Has enough checks for things like Cacturne and Monferno, but I could also see it having issues with Muk Defense. Looks pretty similar to the Sample Team but that's just how the archetype goes sometimes. Very fun team though if you play well, so that's the important part.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
favorite movie? tv show?
what games do u play other than mons and smash?
anything you've always wanted to build with but never really have?

LOL I neglected this guy for like a year, I still have the notes from our interview. Good to see u got interviewed my dude :3

questions:
Do u really not listen to any music :o
U got any pets?
Favourite pu innovation in recent months?
Opinions on how the Meta has changed post Machoke?

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Akir said:
What kind of music do you listen to?
I'm actually one of the few people on this planet who doesn't like music. Wow. Incredible.
no longer my friend
I joke

If you live in usa (I think you do), what are your opinions on the election?
have you ever attempted to use Parasect competitively?
Why can't you just fucking choose a CT, lol?
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Opinions on the person who started the cacturne suspect discussion?

Hey Akir! Nice to see you getting the recognition you deserves! :3

What do you think about Stall in general and in PU meta?

There is a poké that you usually HATE as soon as you see it on team preview?

What do you think new people can do to increase his-her quality as a PU player besides the typical things (lurking on forums, practicing I guess)

What do you think should I do to stop Overoveroverthinking on my matches? XD

Opinions on Cacturne, Muk and Smeargle? Do you think there are some sets that might be underrated?

See ya bro! :D

Favorite meme? (First thing i thought of... this'll be bad)
Any cool paranormal stories?
Have you ever explored any abandoned buildings and if so what was it like?
What's something you've always wanted to do but haven't? (Do that thing because life is too short dude!)
At what point has a person become close enough irl that you disclose that you're a pokemon master?
What's your favorite food?
Favorite anime?
Lastly, you awaken in a room with a +2 monferno named Carlito. You have knowledge that the dead stoutland across the room has a key to get out of the room. Sticky webs are up and you know that you'll get OHKO'd if you get caught. The room is completely sealed besides the door and there's a bathtub filled with sewage in your corner. What do you do?

EDIT:
You wanted a banger. Here you go birthday boy

if you are the good mod does that make me the bad mod?

Is ParaCargo the best core in all of PU?

Thoughts on Sun and Moon along with your favorite Alolan form

Edit @ Below - sorry, are you Akir?

Last edited:

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
ithoughtyoutoldmeyoudidntlikeanime
Uh, cutest pokemon in pu?

Favorite Gimmick?

Opinions on sand?
Cutest pokemon? I guess I would go with...Mawile? I guess?

Favorite Gimmick as of late would be the Sub Dodrio I used to bop Shuckle. That was really fun to see actually work.

I still think sand is the most viable weather. With Hippo it has the room to run more support and options than other weathers, and Stoutland is one of the best weather sweepers we have. The fact that sand can afford to run Vullaby is a pretty nice boon too to beat Cacturne and actually have a solid answer to Sticky Web.

favorite movie? tv show?
what games do u play other than mons and smash?
anything you've always wanted to build with but never really have?
I actually don't like movies (much to the dismay of the gf), and the only T.V. I really watch is...anime...which I'm not sure if that counts.

Beyond the ones that I already listed like WoW and Metroid I also really like F-Zero and Fallout games (the older ones anyway). I also play Phantasy Star Online sometimes when I'm really bored.

Klang, actually. I always enjoyed teams that use bulky wincons...I just never got it to work.

do any sports? what did you study in college? coffee or tea or something else? best stallbreaker besides np mime?
Depends on your opinions of bowling and mountain biking.

I studied Business Management, but I plan to go back for a Masters in Counseling Psychology once I pay off some student loan debt...

I've always preferred Pepsi as my go-to, but I also enjoy a good glass of Sweet Tea now and again.

NP Cacturne! The main reason NP Cacturne isn't all that great atm is because its primarily good against defensive teams and flounders against offense. The set makes a joke out of Stall that doesn't have Specially Defensive Clefairy though.

favorite non-pokemon game?

what does your name mean?
Oh uh...hmm...Well I guess I have to default to WoW since the cumulative gametime I have for that game is about 4-5 weeks. Now that I type the number out, I suddenly feel horrible.

Apparently in Scottish Akir means "Anchor". I already covered the origin of my name though, and through all of my searches I couldn't find what it meant in any other language.

LOL I neglected this guy for like a year, I still have the notes from our interview. Good to see u got interviewed my dude :3

questions:
Do u really not listen to any music :o
U got any pets?
Favourite pu innovation in recent months?
Opinions on how the Meta has changed post Machoke?
Of course I do, I just don't really have a favorite song or band or anything like that to really cite except maybe stuff like Charles Ives. I played the baritone for 7 years even, and quitting was one of the harder decisions I've made.

Nope! No time for one, and no money to pay for it.

Probably Physically Defensive Vibrava. It was a slow build to finally get to the point where it's considered standard, but it's great glue for some teams.

I didn't realize how much I hated the Machoke meta until I tried to ladder for the suspect. My disdain for the tier was so strong that I couldn't bring myself to even play to ban the thing. Anything is better than the Confusion Wars and having Swanna/Grumpig on every single team. So I think there has been a lot of improvement as there are different varieties of teams, and even defense teams came back a bit with CroMuk.

I will be back later to answer more questions. Feel free to ask more, cuz this is actually really fun

Last edited:
Cutest pokemon? I guess I would go with...Mawile? I guess?

Favorite Gimmick as of late would be the Sub Dodrio I used to bop Shuckle. That was really fun to see actually work.

I still think sand is the most viable weather. With Hippo it has the room to run more support and options than other weathers, and Stoutland is one of the best weather sweepers we have. The fact that sand can afford to run Vullaby is a pretty nice boon too to beat Cacturne and actually have a solid answer to Sticky Web.

I actually don't like movies (much to the dismay of the gf), and the only T.V. I really watch is...anime...which I'm not sure if that counts.

Beyond the ones that I already listed like WoW and Metroid I also really like F-Zero and Fallout games (the older ones anyway). I also play Phantasy Star Online sometimes when I'm really bored.

Klang, actually. I always enjoyed teams that use bulky wincons...I just never got it to work.

Depends on your opinions of bowling and mountain biking.

I studied Business Management, but I plan to go back for a Masters in Counseling Psychology once I pay off some student loan debt...

I've always preferred Pepsi as my go-to, but I also enjoy a good glass of Sweet Tea now and again.

NP Cacturne! The main reason NP Cacturne isn't all that great atm is because its primarily good against defensive teams and flounders against offense. The set makes a joke out of Stall that doesn't have Specially Defensive Clefairy though.

Oh uh...hmm...Well I guess I have to default to WoW since the cumulative gametime I have for that game is about 4-5 months. Now that I type the number out, I suddenly feel horrible.

Apparently in Scottish Akir means "Anchor". I already covered the origin of my name though, and through all of my searches I couldn't find what it meant in any other language.

Of course I do, I just don't really have a favorite song or band or anything like that to really cite except maybe stuff like Charles Ives. I played the baritone for 7 years even, and quitting was one of the harder decisions I've made.

Nope! No time for one, and no money to pay for it.

Probably Physically Defensive Vibrava. It was a slow build to finally get to the point where it's considered standard, but it's great glue for some teams.

I didn't realize how much I hated the Machoke meta until I tried to ladder for the suspect. My disdain for the tier was so strong that I couldn't bring myself to even play to ban the thing. Anything is better than the Confusion Wars and having Swanna/Grumpig on every single team. So I think there has been a lot of improvement as there are different varieties of teams, and even defense teams came back a bit with CroMuk.

I will be back later to answer more questions. Feel free to ask more, cuz this is actually really fun
baritonists unite, let's gooooo

What is your favourite mon from each of this ranks (S,A+,A,A-)?
If you could choose 3 mons from BL4 and higher, which would you choose and why?
What mon annoys you the most on your opponents team in team preview?
What is the most underrated/overrated mon in the tier?
If you have to choose between WoW and Showdown+Smogon, which would you choose?

Also thanks for mentioning me in your post! :]

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Favorite Color? whats your major
Blue, I actually lucked out with my name color.

My fav BL4 mon is Victreebel because I always really liked PU sun. I don't think it should come back, but it was fun while it lasted.

Hey Akir! Nice to see you getting the recognition you deserves! :3

What do you think about Stall in general and in PU meta?

There is a poké that you usually HATE as soon as you see it on team preview?

What do you think new people can do to increase his-her quality as a PU player besides the typical things (lurking on forums, practicing I guess)

What do you think should I do to stop Overoveroverthinking on my matches? XD

Opinions on Cacturne, Muk and Smeargle? Do you think there are some sets that might be underrated?

See ya bro! :D
Stall in general is a legitimate playstyle that requires a good amount of personal skill to effectively and consistently pull off. A good stall team honestly feel like works of art in how each of the mons synergize so well with one another. PU in stall, however, is extremely difficult to pull off due to the strain on resources and the fact that this tier can really take advantage of passive mons.

Swanna. Gonna Defog away all my hazards I see...also it reminds me of the Machoke meta.

The one thing I always tell people when they ask me "how do I get better" is to have a plan and a reason behind every decision you make...especially during teambuilding. If you are thinking about the game in terms of "How do I get from A to B" then your play already has gotten better.

Easy! Play it safe for the first 2-5 turns to see what your opponent is willing/able to do. If you figure out their tendencies from those turns then you can more effectively predict. Obviously this doesn't always work, but it's a good idea to do regardless.

I find Cacturne to be funny in how effectively antimeta it is, as with the right set it can counter entire common playstyles and teams. Muk is a great addition to the tier, however, and I really think it's a balanced addition. It's bulky but doesn't have recovery, can hit hard but still has switch-ins, and can be pretty good defensive glue. Smeargle is Smeargle...I haven't really used the thing because it doesn't interest me.

Favorite meme? (First thing i thought of... this'll be bad)
Any cool paranormal stories?
Have you ever explored any abandoned buildings and if so what was it like?
What's something you've always wanted to do but haven't? (Do that thing because life is too short dude!)
At what point has a person become close enough irl that you disclose that you're a pokemon master?
What's your favorite food?
Favorite anime?
Lastly, you awaken in a room with a +2 monferno named Carlito. You have knowledge that the dead stoutland across the room has a key to get out of the room. Sticky webs are up and you know that you'll get OHKO'd if you get caught. The room is completely sealed besides the door and there's a bathtub filled with sewage in your corner. What do you do?
EDIT: You wanted a banger. Here you go birthday boy
....erm...uh...um...do you mean Pokemon memes or memes in general? Cuz if it's the latter then I have no clue. Pokemon-wise, my favorite meme is people pretending Claydol is good in OU.

I actually explore abandoned buildings a lot because I was that child growing up. I always really liked just seeing what was there and it makes me feel a little sad too.

I always wanted to go deep sea diving. I mean really deep, like you start seeing those weird af fish with 87 eyes and no skin.

I have no idea because people really like to introduce me to others as "The Pokemon Master". When I'm alone, I bring up that I play on Smogon whenever the topic comes up but I never mention just how much I'm on here...

A good burger is never bad, but I love tortellini with cheese sauce.

Overall I have no idea, but the one that I have watched recently that I would categorize as a favorite was Hibike! Euphonium! and you might recognize the name. It's a character drama that I feel like really hit some good marks, but be warned if you are considering this that Act 1 is pretty dry at times.

I seduce Carlito by telling him that he has beautiful eyes and a very round head. After he has fallen for me, I use him to break down the door and carry the sewage, which Carlito can do thanks to his +2. When I get to my car, I dump the sewage on him and break up over text. Done and done.

Still not done, but I will be back for more later

Last edited:
Blue, I actually lucked out with my name color.

My fav BL4 mon is Victreebel because I always really liked PU sun. I don't think it should come back, but it was fun while it lasted.

Stall in general is a legitimate playstyle that requires a good amount of personal skill to effectively and consistently pull off. A good stall team honestly feel like works of art in how each of the mons synergize so well with one another. PU in stall, however, is extremely difficult to pull off due to the strain on resources and the fact htat this tier can really take advantage of passive mons.

Swanna. Gonna Defog away all my hazards I see...also it reminds me of the Machoke meta.

The one thing I always tell people when they ask me "how do I get better" is to have a plan and a reason behind every decision you make...Especially during teambuilding. If you are thinking about the game in terms of "How do I get from A to B" then your play already has gotten better.

Easy! Play it safe for the first 2-5 turns to see what your opponent is willing/able to do. If you figure out their tendencies from those turns then you can more effectively predict. Obviously this doesn't always work, but it's a good idea to do regardless.

I find Cacturne to be funny in how effectively antimeta it is, as with the right set it can counter entire common playstyles and teams. Muk is a great addition to the tier, however, and I really think it's a balanced addition. It's bulky but doesn't have recovery, can hit hard but still has switch-ins, and can be pretty good defensive glue. Smeargle is Smeargle...I haven't really used the thing because it doesn't interest me.

....erm...uh...um...do you mean Pokemon memes or memes in general? Cuz if it's the latter then I have no clue. Pokemon-wise, my favorite meme is people pretending Claydol is good in OU.

I actually explore abandoned buildings a lot because I was that child growing up. I always really liked just seeing what was there and it makes me feel a little sad too.

I always wanted to go deep sea diving. I mean really deep, like you start seeing those weird af fish with 87 eyes and no skin.

I have no idea because people really like to introduce me to others as "The Pokemon Master". When I'm alone, I bring up that I play on Smogon whenever the topic comes up but I never mention just how much I'm on here...

A good burger is never bad, but I love tortellini with cheese sauce.

Overall I have no idea, but the one that I have watched recently that I would categorize as a favorite was Hibike! Euphonium! and you might recognize the name. It's a character drama that I feel like really hit some good marks, but be warned if you are considering this that Act 1 is pretty dry at times.

I seduce Carlito by telling him that he has beautiful eyes and a very round head. After he has fallen for me, I use him to break down the door and carry the sewage, which Carlito can do thanks to his +2. When I get to my car, I dump the sewage on him and break up over text. Done and done.

Still not done, but I will be back for more later
YO! I LOVE THE WEIRD DEEP SEA FISH! THEY SCARE ME AND INTRIGUE ME SO MUCH! I WATCH VIDEOS ON THEM LIKE ONCE EVERY SEVEN MONTHS! I explored a farm house and two abandoned homes in the woods near my house when I was a kid. Lot's of crazy stuff happened there. Stumbling upon raves, finding squirrel sacrifices, seance setups, really unexplainable sightings in broad daylight, climbing tall grain silos, and a bunch of other crazy things that 16 year old me shouldn't have been dabbling in. Some of the best moments of my childhood. Never seen your anime but I will put in on my list of things I plan on watching because you recommended it. Lastly, your response to getting around carlito was brilliant and I couldn't have done it better myself.

Akir

A true villain!
no longer my friend
I joke

If you live in usa (I think you do), what are your opinions on the election?
have you ever attempted to use Parasect competitively?
Why can't you just fucking choose a CT, lol?
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Opinions on the person who started the cacturne suspect discussion?
I'm voting "Not X"

Yes and it's terrible. In the DPP PU tour that happened a while ago Parasect did have a niche that was really fun for a while. In the end it was still outclassed by Bellossom of all things.

Done!

Vanilla. Its a standard but it's a standard for a reason!

They need more Signal Beam Prinplup or Bulky Colbur Beheeyem in their lives, clearly.

if you are the good mod does that make me the bad mod?

Is ParaCargo the best core in all of PU?

Thoughts on Sun and Moon along with your favorite Alolan form

Edit @ Below - sorry, are you Akir?
Wait a second, I never said good! I only said nice! Even then I only base that off of what people say lol

Yes.

The games have the same director as ORAS did and I didn't like the hand-holding in ORAS so I'm skeptical. Fav alolan would be Raticate

Yes I am Akir!

Why do you like parasect?

That's all I'll ask for now, cause u seem to have alot of questions lol.
Parasect is my bro. He's just a cool mon. I have weird taste in favorites...

Feel free to ask more if you want!

What is your favourite mon from each of this ranks (S,A+,A,A-)?
If you could choose 3 mons from BL4 and higher, which would you choose and why?
What mon annoys you the most on your opponents team in team preview?
What is the most underrated/overrated mon in the tier?
If you have to choose between WoW and Showdown+Smogon, which would you choose?

Also thanks for mentioning me in your post! :]
S would be Rotom-Frost, A+ would be Mr. Mime, A would be Regice, and A- would be Clefairy.

To drop? If so, none of them. To personally keep? Victreebel because I love sun, Throh because it's the glue PU doesn't deserve, and Vigoroth because he is a cool guy.

I already said Swanna so I will also go with Stunfisk. For a while, all of my actual teams were countered by Stunfisk alone and I never forgave it.

Already answered this in more detail, but I also think that Altaria is a bit overrated atm. As for underrated, I'm really not sure...

I choose death...and if I had to pick, I'd probably pick Smogon at this point.

And np! That third match was pretty funny in retrospect lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)