Resource PU Replays Thread

OP stolen from previous thread, which was stolen from FireMage
Taken over from Dundies
Art by Tazonite
Approved by Magnemite

pu replays thread art.png

PU Replays Thread

Welcome one and all to the PU Replays thread. Here is where we're going to post replays demonstrating not only great battles you've had between friends, but tournaments from the subforum and ladder battles you feel people can learn from by watching.

What kind of replays should be posted here?​
  • Battles in which display a particular playstyle really well.​
  • Battles with two highly rated members of the ladder (If ladder battling.)​
  • Battles in which show (good) new and creative sets off.​
  • Battles that don't include completely inviable Pokemon as a joke.​
If you do post a battle, remember to add some information about the team(s) involved, and a little bit of a summary of what the battle entailed and some clarification about key points in the match (turns you really had to think - explain what you did and why). I have added all of the replays from the last thread that I felt were worthy of showing. I have decided to only bring over a few of the recent replays, but all of the past replays can be found in the old thread, which can be found here.​

Last edited:

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
I'll start this thread up:

Here's two games from my latest PU Seasonal match versus Laevin.

G1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-450459294

In the first game I brought a squad built around Banded Golem. Off of team preview, I saw that Banded Golem could put in a lot of work as his only solid stone edge resist was Mawile. I also noticed that scarf Leafeon basically just won if Mawile was removed. So the gameplan going in was to weaken Mawile and sweep with Leafeon at the end. I get rocks up early and lose my Rapidash turn 4 but in the process open the door for Floatzel to start putting in work with Politoed weakened. The rest of the game consists of finding opportunities to get Golem in and get a kill. I eventually remove Mawile and clean with Leafeon.
Overall I think match up was heavily in my favor this first game. I had a switch in for every one of his mons and he had no way of reliably switching into Golem or Rapidash for that matter.

G2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-450461792

This game was much more interesting than G1. Laevin brought Lapras which could kill every one of my mons with good prediction. However other than Lapras I have switch ins to everything. I noticed out of team preview that Sub Roost Swanna could put in a lot of work if Lapras is played around correctly. Knowing that Lapras is a threat, I lead off with banded Muk since it can take any one hit from Lapras. Turn 1 I attempt to catch the Camerupt or Klang early with Focus Punch. Turn 6 I make a good double out to Lumineon predicting his Camerupt to want to come in on Gourgeist. This gives me a lot of momentum early in the match. Turn 11 and 12 Laevin makes a nice read and Hydro Pumps Lumineon predicting me to switch. He then goes to his Leafeon predicting my Lumineon to switch in again. This forces me to sack off Gourgeist opening the door for his Leafeon. I get Swanna in behind a sub but little did I know Klang beats it 1v1. I go out to Camerupt to check the boosted Klang and unfortunately Laevin misses a Gear Grind that could have potentially won the game. It was at this point that I realized scarf Mr. Mime could potentially clean so I preserve Camerupt. Turn 28 I make a good double predicting his Camerupt to come out on my Rotom. This allows me to get Swanna behind a sub and start putting in work. I'm able to weaken Mr.Mime and Lapras. The game then becomes a battle of keeping my Camerupt healthy and maintaining a way of killing Lapras. Fortunately I have Protect on my Camerupt to keep it as healthy as possible with lefties. I have a bit of a scare late game when Laevin healing wishes Lapras back to 75% but fortunately I'm able to land a Hurricane and eventually win.

Overall was a fun series and I was happy the three somewhat unconventional sets I brought, CB Golem, Scarf Leafeon, and Sub Swanna were able to shine.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)