Resource USUM PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjask @ Groundium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
- Aerial Ace
- Dig

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I'd like to see a team built around this core. Z-Groundium Ninjask can get rid of some Steel- and Rock-types that otherwise Ninjask wouldn't be able to touch them; Zebstrika provides a nice check for Archeops, which doesn't care about any of Ninjask's moves, and Volt Switch to give Ninjask opportunities to set up with Sword Dance.

Hey GoldenTorkoal, here's the team I made around your Ninjask+Zebstrika core!

http://pokepast.es/62c26406ebf71da3

Ninjask @ Groundium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
- Dig

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Carracosta @ White Herb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Acid Spray
- Fire Blast

Dugtrio-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

The only changes I made to the original core were making Ninjask Speed Boost so it can outspeed things like Scarf Primeape and Scarf Jynx at +1 Speed and I also make Zebstrika HP Grass over Ice since it hits more things and you can just Volt Switch against Dragons. The first member I added was Physically Based Mixed Carracosta, I went with Physical for a stronger Aqua Jet against stuff like Archeops and Pyroar who threathen the team but also I made it Mixed with Hydro Pump so that you can lure in Bulky Physical Walls like Weezing and hit them hard with Hydro Pump, allowing for Ninjask to sweep. Next I needed a good form of hazard control to support Ninjask and Special Skunktank is a very reliable Defogger and with Acid Spray it can also wear down bulkier teams really well. I really wanted Memento on this team since it already has 2 set-up sweepers and Alolan Dugtrio seemed like a good choice since Sucker Punch is really nice for things like Jynx and it's ground typing allows it to block Volt Switches. Lastly, I needed a better Fighting resist than Ninjask so I added Mesprit to take on things like Gurdurr and Hitmonchan while it also provides Stealth Rock, U-turn and being a nice glue for the team in general. Hope you like the team!

Couple of replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-652036373
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-652055067

Last edited:
I would like a 2 sweeper team built around Shell Smash Gorebyss and Rock Polish Torterra please. I would prefer a more offensively inclined team, as that is my preferred playstyle, though I'm not opposed to balance. These were the sets I had in mind, but feel free to make changes if you feel it necessary. The idea is that one clears the way for the other.

Gorebyss @ Waterium Z / Life Orb / White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass / Psychic

Torterra @ Life Orb / Grassium Z / Rockium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge

Hello. First post on Smogon.
I'm trying to build myself a team using this core.
I'm not sure if this breaks the rules seeing how Venipide is not in the VR, but is in the resources. If it does, please tell me and I'l get a different Entry Hazard user.

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Circle Throw
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Venipede @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Endeavor
- Protect

The idea behnd this team is the following: Send out Venipede, get some Spikes/TSpikes up and then use Circle Thorw in combination with Bulk Up to do some serious damage, while also potentonally poisoning the opposing team if TSpikes is up. If Venipede gets some layers up, I could make use of endeavor to weaken an opposing pokemon.

My team needs help with countering Throh's weaknesses, being Flying, Psychic, Ghost and Fairy types. I would also like having something that can take on hard special hitters.
Thanks in advance.

OliSTDS heres your team
http://pokepast.es/8cea945ca3a0281c

So, first off I got to say that building something defensive oriented is never an easy task in PU, considering the amount of amazing wallbreakers and offensive threats that you should take care of when building, but this is what I finally came up with. I paired Qwilfish (requested mon) with Cradily, to form a decent hazard stacking core, able to cover each other on both the defensive and special side. Next I rounded up the starting core with Sableye, being physical in order to not suffer too much from archeops, other than providing a spinblocking role, as well as stallbreaking with taunt recover and the rest. I added hazard control with Komala, because I felt like a defogger would ruin the hazard stacking strategy by removing your own hazards, so I opted for this cute spinner, sporting also a nice spdef providing status immunity other than good pivoting, completing the whole defensive core. I finally used the last two remaining slots for a good wincondition and a scarf revenge killer, and I ended up with bulk up Gurdurr and a quite weird scarf swanna, which actually solved the whole z-lkiss jynx / lilligant problem. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

OliSTDS heres your team
http://pokepast.es/8cea945ca3a0281c

So, first off I got to say that building something defensive oriented is never an easy task in PU, considering the amount of amazing wallbreakers and offensive threats that you should take care of when building, but this is what I finally came up with. I paired Qwilfish (requested mon) with Cradily, to form a decent hazard stacking core, able to cover each other on both the defensive and special side. Next I rounded up the starting core with Sableye, being physical in order to not suffer too much from archeops, other than providing a spinblocking role, as well as stallbreaking with taunt recover and the rest, I added hazard control with Komala, because I felt like a defogger would ruin hazard stacking strategy by removing your own hazards, so I opted for this cute spinner, sporting also a nice spdef providing status immunity other than good pivoting, completing the whole defensive core. I finally used the last two remaining slots for a good wincondition and a scarf revenge killer, and I ended up with bulk up Gurdurr and a quite weird scarf swanna, which actually solved the whole z-lkiss jynx / lilligant problem. Hope you enjoy.
Team looks fire, ty for building it.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
I want to build a flying spam core and I feel like i've gotten into bad cookie cutter team building tactics or it's way harder in pu than ou to make a reliable team.

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance

I've used this a lot but taunt over sub, I feel like a scarf would be a cool lure and I love it's ghost typing, but I could understand if this got subbed out for swanna for team work+better speed tier, but it lacks a pivot option

Archeops @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Earthquake
- Taunt

I couldn't find anything that could use Fly-Z with a better special than oricorio so I thought physical was the way to go and sky atttack with flyium hits 200, 25 higher than fly and if I used it on a switch it has 140 base power, high crit chance, and 30% flinch rate. Earthquake smacks rocks/steels fighting won't and taunt prevents it from being a set-up and then I could force a switch.

252 Atk Archeops Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 220-259 (65.8 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would just like to mention something very quickly. Please take into consideration the job that the builders have to undertake when you give them a single Pokémon or a core, especially when it is utilising Pokémon ranked lower on the Viability Rankings. This isn't so much an issue when it's a single Pokémon, but a weird core can be incredibly difficult to generate a competitive team around. If cores, or even singular Pokémon, are posted and we deem them unviable or too hard to build around we will either edit the core or potentially reject it, though I doubt it'll come to the latter as long as you follow the Viability Rankings. I'll also be imposing a rule specifically for people requesting a core, which is that they must both be B- or above or it'll be immediately rejected. This doesn't include singular Pokémon but they must at least be on the Viability Rankings or, again, we will refuse to build around them.

Due to this being announced now and not at the start this rule is not retroactive, meaning we will endeavour to try and finish all of the previously posted cores regardless of their ranking on the VR.

I'll also be updating the archive this weekend so look out for that!

Thanks n_n

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey, GenZeon - did not forget about you, sorry for the wait! I built the first version with the input of several people, mostly jklioe who helped test it against auth, and then running it by other teambuilding lab members, galbia and LordST. I built the second version by myself and tested it against ladder, as well as against people like dundies. My goal was to create a balanced build that pressured typical Raichu-A checks, especially Sucker Punch users like Skuntank and Shiftry and bulky Ground- and Psychic-types like Piloswine and Mesprit, while at the same time maintaining switch-ins for most of the meta. Even after quite a bit of testing, I still think Z Focus Blast would've been better than Z Celebrate to expand its coverage in order to break stuff like Piloswine, Togedemaru, and Ferroseed, but I think both versions still came out looking pretty nice in the end with the set you asked for.

v1

In order to produce a sweep with Z Celebrate (+1 all stats) NP Raichu-A, a few things need to happen before it can setup and clean without being RKed. Firstly, all potential Sucker Punch and other priority users have to be dispatched prior to setting up (e.g. Liepard, Absol, Shiftry, Skuntank, Golem, Kangaskhan, Dugtrio-A, Arbok, Dusknoir, Kecleon to list the most relevant ones). Then, there are a handful of Pokemon that resist Psychic and Electric coverage, like Cacturne, Shiftry, Togedemaru, Exeggutor(-K), Ferroseed, and even Raichu-A itself (Dugtrio-A too, technically, but Psychic overpowers that). Finally, bulky Ground- and Psychic-types can stop a Z Celebrate Raichu-A sweep if they're healthy, Piloswine and Mesprit being good examples of other potential barriers. So, I built with checking all of those Pokemon in mind.

For starters, I wanted an offensive pivot that would regularly bring in more passive, Psychic or Electric weak Pokemon like Weezing and defensive Qwilfish for Raichu-A to setup on. Primeape was an ideal partner for this - the threat of Close Combat consistently forces in Fighting resists like Qwilfish, Swanna and Weezing, which gives it the initiative to U-Turn into Raichu-A. Raichu-A naturally checks most of these Fighting resists with its dual STABs (the same logic applies to other less common Fighting resists like Roselia, Muk, Masquerain, Togetic, etc.). To add to this, bulky Psychics like Mesprit and Musharna are weakened by Primeape's U-Turn, making them less reliable for checking Raichu-A late-game after it has setup. Finally, Primeape does a decent job of checking Sucker Punch users, especially those listed above. Gunk Shot is an option over Earthquake for RKOing Lilligant from full, given that sets with HP Fire are problematic to most of the team. However, CC still does a minimum of 76% to boosted Lilligant and has a 18.8% chance to KO Lilligant after SR.

Next, I added Swanna for entry hazard control to keep Primeape healthy while it pivots into Raichu-A, and to address many of Raichu-A's checks. In particular, it resists Dugtrio-A's dual STABs and provides a switch-in for variants lacking Stone Edge, and checks some of the Grass- and Ground-types that Raichu-A has a hard time breaking from full HP like Piloswine, Golurk, Palossand, Torterra, etc. It forms a perfect entry hazard setting and removal core with Ferroseed due to the synergy they share - it resists Fire and Fighting moves for it, while in return, Ferroseed eats up Electric and Rock hits for Swanna. Ferroseed's Leech Seed and Stealth Rock are essential to weakening Raichu-A's checks, especially physically offensive Skuntank. Additionally, Ferroseed can pivot into Psychic on Primeape's behalf from attackers like Jynx and Mr. Mime in some instances, while also checking Archeops for the team with Gyro Ball when healthy. Lastly, it's important for pivoting into Kangaskhan's Fake Out for Raichu-A.

When you use Swanna, it's important to have a couple of checks to Lanturn. Between Ferroseed and Earthquake Gastrodon, all variants of Lanturn are covered well with Ferroseed handling HP Grass and Toxic variants, while Gastrodon can beat ones using HP Fire and hit it on its weaker Defense stat with EQ. Gastrodon is also nice glue here, and addresses a large portion of the physical meta, like physically offensive Carracosta, Kabutops, Skuntank, Lycanroc, Hitmonchan, Dugtrio-A, Archeops if healthy, Aggron, and other Pokemon like Magmortar lacking HP Grass. To finish out the team, I added Clefairy for a similar reason; Clefairy performs similarly with respect to the special side of the spectrum while supplying Knock Off support and a switch-in for Draco Meteors from the likes of powerful wallbreakers like Drampa and Exeggutor-A. Ferroseed + Clefairy + Gastrodon is extremely difficult to break, especially with Clefairy's Encore and Gastrodon's Toxic cutting into the opponent's setup opportunities. Clefairy has a chance to be 2HKOed by Drampa's Hyper Voice, albeit the roll to avoid the 2HKO is slightly in your favor, so you can pivot into mixed defensive Ferroseed. Likewise, if you don't know what it's going to lock into against Ferroseed, just Protect and pivot accordingly.

Overall, there are a few threats that are troublesome to the team: Haunter is very annoying, as LO variants break Clefairy and Gastrodon, while Choice Scarf lets it speed-tie with Primeape and outspeed Raichu-A before a Celebrate boost. Eelektross is also obnoxious to deal with, with Flamethrower hitting Ferroseed, Giga Drain beating Gastrodon, and AV walling Swanna. Psyshock is viable for hitting this much harder, as well as other SpDef tanks like Hitmonchan and Lanturn. However, using Psyshock over Psychic on Raichu-A means you won't hit Gurdurr, Piloswine, Torterra, Arbok, and Weezing as hard, which came into play occasionally during my tests.

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Raichu-Alola @ Normalium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Hurricane

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Encore

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

v2

This team is similar to the first version in the sense that you have dedicated physical and special walls for the majority of the meta in Weezing and Clefairy, but its option for entry hazard removal is different, as I decided to use Skuntank for its ability to beat many of Raichu-A's checks (e.g. Exeggutor, Cacturne, Shiftry, Raichu-A, Scarf Haunter, bulky Psychics, etc.). This produced a very different configuration as a result, but I found it to be just as effective as verson 1.

With Raichu-A and Clefairy, this was starting to look little Skuntank weak, so I decided to build around capitalizing on how common Skuntank is. Immediately, I added specially offensive SS Carracosta, as that is able to easily pivot into Skuntank's Poison Jab out from Clefairy, and then setup as Skuntank is forced out. This lures in and breaks Gastrodon via HP Grass, which the entire team appreciates gone (especially Skuntank). Bulky Grass-types can also prevent Raichu-A from sweeping, which also factored into the decision to use specially offensive Carracosta due to its more powerful Ice Beam here. White Herb and Life Orb can both be used, but Skuntank's chance to induce Poison via Poison Jab, LO, and entry hazards make it more difficult for Carracosta to function here, hence White Herb.

Next, Weezing was sort of a no brainer. Not only does it provide a second switch-in to physically offensive Skuntank for Raichu-A and Clefairy, but it also weakens every one of Raichu-A's checks, apart from Steel-types, via Toxic Spikes. Its synergy is also perfect with Carracosta, Gabite, Clefairy, and Skuntank, leaving almost no type unaccounted for (barring powerful Ice-types that beat Clefairy and Costa). Flamethrower was added after the fact because of how potent Dugtrio-A is against this configuration. Gabite basically has to be healthy to combat that, otherwise Dugtrio-A checks Skuntank, Clefairy, Carracosta, and speed-ties with Raichu-A. Flamethrower was also hugely useful against Ferroseed during testing, which can give Clefairy, Carracosta, and Raichu-A a hard time. I slashed Thunderbolt over Taunt for improving the Archeops matchup, while preventing Oricorio-Sensu and Qwilfish from setting up on Weezing. If you do use Thunderbolt, drop the Speed EVs, as those are to be used with Taunt.

I realized at this point that I didn't really have anything for Magmortar and it came in for free on Weezing while also checking Carracosta prior to setup. That, and I was also missing Stealth Rock (Clefairy could do this, but its other utility options were more appealing) as well as a Volt stop, and there's really only one Pokemon in PU that resists Fire, is immune to Electric, has the speed tier necessary for checking neutral-natured Magmortar, and uses Stealth Rock: Gabite. To add to this, Gabite was an attractive option on this team as it also easily checks all variants of Skuntank for Raichu-A. Roar was used over Toxic because Weezing's Toxic Spikes can make it seem like a redundant option in certain matchups, but Toxic is still fine for wearing down Flying-types / Levitate users and for times when Toxic Spikes have been removed. Gabite is beaten easily by Weezing and Bronzor, but Bronzor is perfectly countered by Pursuit Skuntank. What's more, Raichu-A uses Weezing as setup fodder, so any counterplay for Gabite has been covered for effectively here. In case Clefairy goes down, Gabite can check Drampa with a little bit of prior damage, and 2HKOes Exeggutor-A, too. Anyway, that's it, hope you enjoy the teams!

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Taunt / Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 84 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roar / Toxic

Carracosta @ White Herb / Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Replays:
v1
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-655505007 vs iRebel
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-654212679 vs ladder
v2
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-655483496 vs iHatez / Has Tattoos

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Return

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lakeredman Hi! I've finished your team and have tested it to the point that I'm satisfied with it. Type: Null is currently one of, if not the, best special wall available in the tier thanks to fantastic base stats and access to Eviolite, along with Battle Armor preventing potential critical hits. Before you requested this I had been messing around the core of Tangela + Type: Null, and thought it best to attempt to make a team around it considering how much these two check together. With Tangela I basically used the standard set, adding Hidden Power Fire because of how much Ferroseed messes with this team and due to spikes stacking making it harder to function. I then took another fairly standard core in Skuntank and Weezing because they offer solid Knock Off resists; Skuntank allows for both Defog and Pursuit, and Weezing gives a solid Taunt user along with a much needed Fighting-type check. The most logical Stealth Rock setter had to be Regirock as it gives the team a soft check to Magmortar along with being one of the best Normal resists in the tier. The moveset is a little unorthodox, but this team wants to keep as many hazards off the field as possible so I opted for Earthquake over Stone Edge to hit things like Qwilfish. Finally the last slot had to be a dedicated Choice Scarfer with a pivoting move, which was originally Primeape; however, this made the team incredibly weak the Pokémon such as Weezing so I decided to go for Scarf Mesprit instead, which gives me a solid way of dealing with two out of the three premier Poison-types along with another Fighting-type resist.

Some of the replays have Muk over Weezing. This is because the original version of the team contained Muk however I realised that Weezing was an almost straight upgrade here, so I changed it accordingly. Really hope you like it n_n!

Hey, GenZeon - did not forget about you, sorry for the wait! I built the first version with the input of several people, mostly jklioe who helped test it against auth, and then running it by other teambuilding lab members, galbia and LordST. I built the second version by myself and tested it against ladder, as well as against people like dundies. My goal was to create a balanced build that pressured typical Raichu-A checks, especially Sucker Punch users like Skuntank and Shiftry and bulky Ground- and Psychic-types like Piloswine and Mesprit, while at the same time maintaining switch-ins for most of the meta. Even after quite a bit of testing, I still think Z Focus Blast would've been better than Z Celebrate to expand its coverage in order to break stuff like Piloswine, Togedemaru, and Ferroseed, but I think both versions still came out looking pretty nice in the end with the set you asked for.

v1

In order to produce a sweep with Z Celebrate (+1 all stats) NP Raichu-A, a few things need to happen before it can setup and clean without being RKed. Firstly, all potential Sucker Punch and other priority users have to be dispatched prior to setting up (e.g. Liepard, Absol, Shiftry, Skuntank, Golem, Kangaskhan, Dugtrio-A, Arbok, Dusknoir, Kecleon to list the most relevant ones). Then, there are a handful of Pokemon that resist Psychic and Electric coverage, like Cacturne, Shiftry, Togedemaru, Exeggutor(-K), Ferroseed, and even Raichu-A itself (Dugtrio-A too, technically, but Psychic overpowers that). Finally, bulky Ground- and Psychic-types can stop a Z Celebrate Raichu-A sweep if they're healthy, Piloswine and Mesprit being good examples of other potential barriers. So, I built with checking all of those Pokemon in mind.

For starters, I wanted an offensive pivot that would regularly bring in more passive, Psychic or Electric weak Pokemon like Weezing and defensive Qwilfish for Raichu-A to setup on. Primeape was an ideal partner for this - the threat of Close Combat consistently forces in Fighting resists like Qwilfish, Swanna and Weezing, which gives it the initiative to U-Turn into Raichu-A. Raichu-A naturally checks most of these Fighting resists with its dual STABs (the same logic applies to other less common Fighting resists like Roselia, Muk, Masquerain, Togetic, etc.). To add to this, bulky Psychics like Mesprit and Musharna are weakened by Primeape's U-Turn, making them less reliable for checking Raichu-A late-game after it has setup. Finally, Primeape does a decent job of checking Sucker Punch users, especially those listed above. Gunk Shot is an option over Earthquake for RKOing Lilligant from full, given that sets with HP Fire are problematic to most of the team. However, CC still does a minimum of 76% to boosted Lilligant and has a 18.8% chance to KO Lilligant after SR.

Next, I added Swanna for entry hazard control to keep Primeape healthy while it pivots into Raichu-A, and to address many of Raichu-A's checks. In particular, it resists Dugtrio-A's dual STABs and provides a switch-in for variants lacking Stone Edge, and checks some of the Grass- and Ground-types that Raichu-A has a hard time breaking from full HP like Piloswine, Golurk, Palossand, Torterra, etc. It forms a perfect entry hazard setting and removal core with Ferroseed due to the synergy they share - it resists Fire and Fighting moves for it, while in return, Ferroseed eats up Electric and Rock hits for Swanna. Ferroseed's Leech Seed and Stealth Rock are essential to weakening Raichu-A's checks, especially physically offensive Skuntank. Additionally, Ferroseed can pivot into Psychic on Primeape's behalf from attackers like Jynx and Mr. Mime in some instances, while also checking Archeops for the team with Gyro Ball when healthy. Lastly, it's important for pivoting into Kangaskhan's Fake Out for Raichu-A.

When you use Swanna, it's important to have a couple of checks to Lanturn. Between Ferroseed and Earthquake Gastrodon, all variants of Lanturn are covered well with Ferroseed handling HP Grass and Toxic variants, while Gastrodon can beat ones using HP Fire and hit it on its weaker Defense stat with EQ. Gastrodon is also nice glue here, and addresses a large portion of the physical meta, like physically offensive Carracosta, Kabutops, Skuntank, Lycanroc, Hitmonchan, Dugtrio-A, Archeops if healthy, Aggron, and other Pokemon like Magmortar lacking HP Grass. To finish out the team, I added Clefairy for a similar reason; Clefairy performs similarly with respect to the special side of the spectrum while supplying Knock Off support and a switch-in for Draco Meteors from the likes of powerful wallbreakers like Drampa and Exeggutor-A. Ferroseed + Clefairy + Gastrodon is extremely difficult to break, especially with Clefairy's Encore and Gastrodon's Toxic cutting into the opponent's setup opportunities. Clefairy has a chance to be 2HKOed by Drampa's Hyper Voice, albeit the roll to avoid the 2HKO is slightly in your favor, so you can pivot into mixed defensive Ferroseed. Likewise, if you don't know what it's going to lock into against Ferroseed, just Protect and pivot accordingly.

Overall, there are a few threats that are troublesome to the team: Haunter is very annoying, as LO variants break Clefairy and Gastrodon, while Choice Scarf lets it speed-tie with Primeape and outspeed Raichu-A before a Celebrate boost. Eelektross is also obnoxious to deal with, with Flamethrower hitting Ferroseed, Giga Drain beating Gastrodon, and AV walling Swanna. Psyshock is viable for hitting this much harder, as well as other SpDef tanks like Hitmonchan and Lanturn. However, using Psyshock over Psychic on Raichu-A means you won't hit Gurdurr, Piloswine, Torterra, Arbok, and Weezing as hard, which came into play occasionally during my tests.

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Hurricane

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Encore

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

v2

This team is similar to the first version in the sense that you have dedicated physical and special walls for the majority of the meta in Weezing and Clefairy, but its option for entry hazard removal is different, as I decided to use Skuntank for its ability to beat many of Raichu-A's checks (e.g. Exeggutor, Cacturne, Shiftry, Raichu-A, Scarf Haunter, bulky Psychics, etc.). This produced a very different configuration as a result, but I found it to be just as effective as verson 1.

With Raichu-A and Clefairy, this was starting to look little Skuntank weak, so I decided to build around capitalizing on how common Skuntank is. Immediately, I added specially offensive SS Carracosta, as that is able to easily pivot into Skuntank's Poison Jab out from Clefairy, and then setup as Skuntank is forced out. This lures in and breaks Gastrodon via HP Grass, which the entire team appreciates gone (especially Skuntank). Bulky Grass-types can also prevent Raichu-A from sweeping, which also factored into the decision to use specially offensive Carracosta due to its more powerful Ice Beam here. White Herb and Life Orb can both be used, but Skuntank's chance to induce Poison via Poison Jab, LO, and entry hazards make it more difficult for Carracosta to function here, hence White Herb.

Next, Weezing was sort of a no brainer. Not only does it provide a second switch-in to physically offensive Skuntank for Raichu-A and Clefairy, but it also weakens every one of Raichu-A's checks, apart from Steel-types, via Toxic Spikes. Its synergy is also perfect with Carracosta, Gabite, Clefairy, and Skuntank, leaving almost no type unaccounted for (barring powerful Ice-types that beat Clefairy and Costa). Flamethrower was added after the fact because of how potent Dugtrio-A is against this configuration. Gabite basically has to be healthy to combat that, otherwise Dugtrio-A checks Skuntank, Clefairy, Carracosta, and speed-ties with Raichu-A. Flamethrower was also hugely useful against Ferroseed during testing, which can give Clefairy, Carracosta, and Raichu-A a hard time. I slashed Thunderbolt over Taunt for improving the Archeops matchup, while preventing Oricorio-Sensu and Qwilfish from setting up on Weezing. If you do use Thunderbolt, drop the Speed EVs, as those are to be used with Taunt.

I realized at this point that I didn't really have anything for Magmortar and it came in for free on Weezing while also checking Carracosta prior to setup. That, and I was also missing Stealth Rock (Clefairy could do this, but its other utility options were more appealing) as well as a Volt stop, and there's really only one Pokemon in PU that resists Fire, is immune to Electric, has the speed tier necessary for checking neutral-natured Magmortar, and uses Stealth Rock: Gabite. To add to this, Gabite was an attractive option on this team as it also easily checks all variants of Skuntank for Raichu-A. Roar was used over Toxic because Weezing's Toxic Spikes can make it seem like a redundant option in certain matchups, but Toxic is still fine for wearing down Flying-types / Levitate users and for times when Toxic Spikes have been removed. Gabite is beaten easily by Weezing and Bronzor, but Bronzor is perfectly countered by Pursuit Skuntank. What's more, Raichu-A uses Weezing as setup fodder, so any counterplay for Gabite has been covered for effectively here. In case Clefairy goes down, Gabite can check Drampa with a little bit of prior damage, and 2HKOes Exeggutor-A, too. Anyway, that's it, hope you enjoy the teams!

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Taunt / Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 84 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roar / Toxic

Carracosta @ White Herb / Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Replays:
v1
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-655505007 vs iRebel
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-654212679 vs ladder
v2
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-655483496 vs iHatez / Has Tattoos
Thank you very much! Teams look really solid, especially the first version.

Hey all,

I'd love a team built around SD Quick Feet Ursaring if you wouldn't mind. It's a set I've seen on the ladder a couple of times and it has run through a lot of teams of mine as of recent times. Thanks in advance if you get it done as I know you guys have busy schedules :)

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EV's: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Crunch
- Close Combat

Honestly, I was gonna request a core build of Hitmonchan + Qwilfish (maybe next time) and see where that took me. However, as I was trying to see myself what would do good as a third member, I found something more interesting for me.

So instead, I would like to request a build around the core of Type: Null and Silvally-Fairy. Now for me I thought it'd be fun because unlike when I made some Double Pory teams in the past, they could have different typings. While it doesn't have to be a certain type of Silvally, I do want the core of Silvally and Type: Null. Preferably, I would like to be able to counter or at least check Skuntank, Archeops, and Mesprit. Sorry if this is a hard request. Getting back into Pokémon. Thanks~

P.S. Here's probably what I would use on them movewise.

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot
- Toxic

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Encore
- Copycat

Hello I'm new to this meta and I would like to request a team around one of my pet mons as one of the starting points. Spikes offense would probably be the archetype that's in my comfort zone, but a balance squad would be just fine too. As far as offense goes, I have an affinity for type spam teams, but it's not necessary to go out of your way to satisfy that. For balance I would prefer to have a PDF core included somewhere. Thanks in advance :)

Hi cellgoondude this is the team I built for your request:

http://pokepast.es/78b2fe8ce8e84143

First time I gave a look at your core I felt like pairing silvally with null would equal almost at putting pineapple on pizza( D: ), but then when I gave silvally a specific role as ferroseed + qwilfish lure (while also sporting a useful fighting resist) it came out as something overall neat and fun to use.
Adding skuntank was an obvious choice, considering how it helps null to get rid of common ghosts(+hazard control; also note you can make it fully physical with pjab>blast if you dont fear ferroseed much), next I went with bronzor as a setter able to provide useful resistances, with palossand as a secondary fighting check and lanturn who was the cleric of choice, as well as being an awesome glue and pivot for the team. Hope you like it.

Last edited:
YTB Nelly, I have made a team for you and your Quick Feet Ursaring. But unfortunately i'm not a host and can't post the team for you. I'll try to contact one of the hosts so they can post my team for you.

Hello. First post on Smogon.
I'm trying to build myself a team using this core.
I'm not sure if this breaks the rules seeing how Venipide is not in the VR, but is in the resources. If it does, please tell me and I'l get a different Entry Hazard user.

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Circle Throw
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Venipede @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Endeavor
- Protect

The idea behnd this team is the following: Send out Venipede, get some Spikes/TSpikes up and then use Circle Thorw in combination with Bulk Up to do some serious damage, while also potentonally poisoning the opposing team if TSpikes is up. If Venipede gets some layers up, I could make use of endeavor to weaken an opposing pokemon.

My team needs help with countering Throh's weaknesses, being Flying, Psychic, Ghost and Fairy types. I would also like having something that can take on hard special hitters.
Thanks in advance.
ThrohSpikes Voltturn

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish / Ice Beam

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Pain Split / Explosion

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpA / 16 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Skuntank @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Toxic

Hi Lillie,

cute user TONE was the guy that came up with this teams main core of pokes so credit where credits due I didnt come up with this all by myself. In your request you stated that u wanted a venipede+throh core, however, in light of Qwilfish's excellent viability and overall utility, I decided that there was basically 0 viability in running a Venipede, so I decided to ditch it in favour of a much more reliable Qwilfish. Once I had qwilfish+throh, it was clear that bu throh wouldn't like to take on too many ghost types, it was imperative to the wincondition (Throh at the time) that we got rid of any ghost types and had a solid check to any psychics too. This is where jolly darkz skunk came in. It was originally CB but spikes uber boned this team in practice vs ferroseeds in particular and i didn't have a z-move slot so this was the best compromise possible. Skunk obviously traps ghosts, and is also a solid check to the entire psychic type metagame, so it synergises immensely well with throh. At this stage, the threat of Gurdurr was looming large, and I also wanted a Poke which could potentially bait in steel types / dark types for Throh to phase and rack up damage with spikes. Thats where Mesprit comes in, its an excellent way to bait in stuff that throh can phase, a reliable stealth rocks setter and obviously has that massive utility coming from Healing Wish, which synergises particularly with the next selection eelektross. Eelektross is a pokemon in PU whose sole purpose is to annoy and gain momentum. Often due to its lack of weakness', tanky nature and ability to volt switch on almost anything, eelektross is one of the best spikes abusers around, and one of the very few archeops checks around. Its often a magnet to status inflictions and chip damage in general, so having a healing wish poke like mes in the back can help it get back to a high amount of hp super easily, which allows u to play aggressively early game to get breaking opportunitys for the last poke. Basically, i decided at this point the team is too slow, so the main requirements would be a fast scarfer that doubled as a momentum gainer with u-turn. I didn't want to run primeape which is the main poke that filled that niche because its type doubles with throh and i didnt want that on a balance archetype. Next best option was oricorio-sensu. This Pokemon is an underrated Poke with either stab presenting good late game cleaning opportunitys, and also synergises incredibly with eelektross, which baits in similar checks and counters for it either to knock off or gain momentum from volt switch on. Overall, im glad with how this team came out. Im a massive believer in practical testing, because no matter how much a team sounds good on paper it needs to perform for it to really be worth using, so here are all my replays from putrid path using this team:

To conlude, the team is only rlly weak to drampa (for better drampa mu, run the things on the right of the slashes in the importable, they make ur drampa mu completely fine) and ferroseed, which can obviously be abused by throh should u get ur hazards up. you need to show solid foresight to see how a hazards war plays out and if its in ur favour or not.

Hope u have fun with the team!

ThrohSpikes Voltturn

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish / Ice Beam

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Pain Split / Explosion

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpA / 16 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Skuntank @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Toxic

Hi Lillie,

cute user TONE was the guy that came up with this teams main core of pokes so credit where credits due I didnt come up with this all by myself. In your request you stated that u wanted a venipede+throh core, however, in light of Qwilfish's excellent viability and overall utility, I decided that there was basically 0 viability in running a Venipede, so I decided to ditch it in favour of a much more reliable Qwilfish. Once I had qwilfish+throh, it was clear that bu throh wouldn't like to take on too many ghost types, it was imperative to the wincondition (Throh at the time) that we got rid of any ghost types and had a solid check to any psychics too. This is where jolly darkz skunk came in. It was originally CB but spikes uber boned this team in practice vs ferroseeds in particular and i didn't have a z-move slot so this was the best compromise possible. Skunk obviously traps ghosts, and is also a solid check to the entire psychic type metagame, so it synergises immensely well with throh. At this stage, the threat of Gurdurr was looming large, and I also wanted a Poke which could potentially bait in steel types / dark types for Throh to phase and rack up damage with spikes. Thats where Mesprit comes in, its an excellent way to bait in stuff that throh can phase, a reliable stealth rocks setter and obviously has that massive utility coming from Healing Wish, which synergises particularly with the next selection eelektross. Eelektross is a pokemon in PU whose sole purpose is to annoy and gain momentum. Often due to its lack of weakness', tanky nature and ability to volt switch on almost anything, eelektross is one of the best spikes abusers around, and one of the very few archeops checks around. Its often a magnet to status inflictions and chip damage in general, so having a healing wish poke like mes in the back can help it get back to a high amount of hp super easily, which allows u to play aggressively early game to get breaking opportunitys for the last poke. Basically, i decided at this point the team is too slow, so the main requirements would be a fast scarfer that doubled as a momentum gainer with u-turn. I didn't want to run primeape which is the main poke that filled that niche because its type doubles with throh and i didnt want that on a balance archetype. Next best option was oricorio-sensu. This Pokemon is an underrated Poke with either stab presenting good late game cleaning opportunitys, and also synergises incredibly with eelektross, which baits in similar checks and counters for it either to knock off or gain momentum from volt switch on. Overall, im glad with how this team came out. Im a massive believer in practical testing, because no matter how much a team sounds good on paper it needs to perform for it to really be worth using, so here are all my replays from putrid path using this team:

To conlude, the team is only rlly weak to drampa (for better drampa mu, run the things on the right of the slashes in the importable, they make ur drampa mu completely fine) and ferroseed, which can obviously be abused by throh should u get ur hazards up. you need to show solid foresight to see how a hazards war plays out and if its in ur favour or not.

Hope u have fun with the team!
Hello,
I would like to thank TONE and you for this team. I played bout 20 matches with it and I already love it. (Could post some replays if you want)
I can see why Qwlfish is a much better option than Venipide.

Lycanroc @ Rockium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Brick Break
- Accelerock

Hello, I would like to request a hyper offense team built around Swords Dance Lycanroc, possibly with a dual screens lead.

dibs

double iron bashes
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Bibarel @ Life Orb
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Sounds like a fun Pokémon to use, although it's difficult to built a team around.
Tadah! I finally did it!

Bibarel @ Life Orb
Ability: Simple
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Quick Attack
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Jynx @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Memento

Skuntank @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Trick

So the first thing I ended up doing was changing the Bibarel set to dual priority. The main reason for this was to make it a more efficient cleaner since aqua jet is able to hit Archeops and Oricorio-Sensu and quick attack hits Lilligant and Jynx. The final attacking move was tough to decide but I wanted stronger, reliable STAB, so I ultimately ended up with waterfall due to the structure of the team (mainly to hit Regirock and Sableye). I knew I wanted to go with a memento building route so I added Misdreavus since it functioned as a fighting check for Bibarel, whilst also spreading burns with will-o-wisp to give Bibarel more set-up opportunities. Sub Jynx was added to take advantage of mons that walled Bibarel such as Gastrodon and Gourgeist-XL, and also appreciated Misdreavus' will-o-wisp support against Skuntank. At this point the team desperately needed hazard control and was especially weak to toxic spikes so I added defog Skuntank, opting for mixed fire blast to help with the Ferroseed weakness. I ended up choosing z-crunch to give the team more counterplay to Sableye whilst also checking Musharna more reliably. Although Misdreavus and Jynx could play around Skuntank I still wanted a reliable answer, so I added Golem as the stealth rocker. I chose Golem as a normal and flying resist over Regirock or Carracosta since it had more offensive pressure, helping to break down walls such as Weezing and Ferroseed. It also has access to rock blast which is useful when dealing with sub Oricorio-Sensu which is popular at the moment. Finally I needed speed control, so I added Mesprit to act as a secondary fighting check. I chose trick over healing wish to further help against Ferroseed and to cripple other walls to help Jynx and Bibarel set up.

Overall the team tested well, and was especially fun to play with. Misdreavus and Sub Jynx felt criminally underrated after using them more so I highly suggest people to try them out. Sableye can be dangerous (hence z-crunch Skuntank) and Swanna is annoying since the team is very slow, but you have enough priority and sturdy on Golem to give you a chance against it.

Hope you enjoy the team!

Last edited:

Hi Ymtom here's the team I made for your request.

http://pokepast.es/79cc10e4a3afb77a

So according to your request I went out with a straightforward double screens HO featuring Lycanroc, which focuses mainly on winning by setupping with the aid of screens. I obviously picked Meowstick as it is the best double screener avaible due to prankster, and I paired lycan with 2 other strong setuppers able to share a decent type sinergy such as Lilligant and Turtonator, as the latter autowins in most cases when it reaches +4, so it is a very staple mon for the screens HO archetype. Next I added Golurk as a setter who could provide useful type immunities other than helping the team to maintain an offensive presence and somehow threaten Skuntank with colbur, who could always defog our screens away. And to add a concrete answer to this issue I went with Pawniard as last slot, which is able to put skunk in check(other than psychics also) thanks to Defiant, giving pawn an important role to the team.
Hope you enjoy the team.

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
Just a quick update, you can now request Pokémon with USUM moves! This excludes Poipole as it isn't currently ranked, so don't ask!

Hi cellgoondude this is the team I built for your request:

http://pokepast.es/78b2fe8ce8e84143

First time I gave a look at your core I felt like pairing silvally with null would equal almost at putting pineapple on pizza( D: ), but then when I gave silvally a specific role as ferroseed + qwilfish lure (while also sporting a useful fighting resist) it came out as something overall neat and fun to use.
Adding skuntank was an obvious choice, considering how it helps null to get rid of common ghosts(+hazard control; also note you can make it fully physical with pjab>blast if you dont fear ferroseed much), next I went with bronzor as a setter able to provide useful resistances, with palossand as a secondary fighting check and lanturn who was the cleric of choice, as well as being an awesome glue and pivot for the team. Hope you like it.
I tried out the team today and it was pretty fun but I did run into a few problems with the team.
One big problem I had was ground types (read: Palossand) because Skuntank cant ohko it, Type null cant touch it, Silvally doesnt do anything, and Lanturn cant do enough damage to pass shore up.
Bronzong was my only way around it other than bashing Skuntank into its face really, so that was an issue.
Another issue I had was water types, only if they ran EQ tho (Kabutops in rain with SD and Continental Crush tf). It wasn't that bad but I decided, I might want a water check other than Lantern if I really needed it.
The last issue I had was with getting rid of Throh because RestTalk with bulk up kinda kills all my possibilities to kill it.

Other than that I think I didn't run into any major issues and thank you for the team! I might try another alt with Gastrodon instead of Palossand and maybe Musharna instead of Lantern? (Didnt want to use Gran or Miltank cause of Type Null and Silvally), but I'm not sure if it'll run completely smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)