PU Teambuilding Shop - Request teams here!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, can I request a team with Switcheroo Toxic Orb Arbok?
Hi! Unfortunately this shop is mainly for more viable sets/Pokemon and Switcheroo Toxic Orb is pretty bad, there's really no reason to waste your time with it when toxic is reusable and even toxic arbok is pretty bad. Feel free to request something else though.

Hey! i would like to request a team with Quick Feet Ursaring... I really like Ursaring, but i never see it, so i figured it might be nice to represent hahaha

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
TheMasterOP

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Will-O-Wisp

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Signal Beam

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Hey man, here is the Rotom-S team you requested. The set was mainly kept the same, with the exception of HP Water over HP Grass to be able to 2HKO Sp Def. Camerupt while maintaining coverage on Golem and Stunfisk. Next thing that was added was Banded Leafeon as it can handle Rock types for Rotom-S while in turn Leafeon appreciates Rotom-S dealing with opposing Grass-types namely Gourgeist-XL and also weakening Vullaby. Golem provides Stealth Rock and a needed Normal and Flying resist along with an Electric immunity and can check things like Dodrio better. The Ice weakness was piling up pretty bad, so Grumpig was added as an Ice switch in as well as a win condition with CM +Thunder Wave to slow down faster threats such as Floatzel. Monferno provided the team with an offensive check to Cacturne while also providing momentum with U-Turn, nothing fancy. Lastly, Choice Scarf Mime gives the team needed speed and a revenge killer along with Healing Wish support. Focus Blast can be replace with Baton Pass as Knock Off Leafeon + Monferno can handle Steel-types (just Metang in Leafeon's case) pretty well. Enjoy the team!

Last edited:
Requesting a Huntail team. Huntail has proven itself to be quite the set-up sweeper, and there is very little that wants to take a hit from it. With its hard hitting water moves, priority in the form of Sucker Punch, and decent defense, Huntail is a force not to be underestimated.

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Requesting a Huntail team. Huntail has proven itself to be quite the set-up sweeper, and there is very little that wants to take a hit from it. With its hard hitting water moves, priority in the form of Sucker Punch, and decent defenses, Huntail is a force not to be underestimated.

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam
There was a huntail team just posted recently (last page) that's still perfectly fine. Please check the archive and make sure there isn't an updated team with the mon before requesting things
although on the bright side this'll cut our average posting time by half

There was a huntail team just posted recently (last page) that's still perfectly fine. Please check the archive and make sure there isn't an updated team with the mon before requesting things
although on the bright side this'll cut our average posting time by half
Oh, nevermind then.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey! i would like to request a team with Quick Feet Ursaring... I really like Ursaring, but i never see it, so i figured it might be nice to represent hahaha

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
Hello, I would like to request a team built around Mawile and Altaria. I haven't used mawile yet and I'm not sure what is better, straight physical with sd or mixed with fire blast. I thought about using either dd altaria or LO special. I usually build offense but I would like this team to be more balanced.
Hey, Official Fissure and Pistachio Fox - I have a team for you that both uses Ursaring (Pistachio Fox's request) and balance built around Altaria + Mawile (Official Fissure's request). I recommend reading the description before using, given there are a few (uncommon) lures here, which remove certain offensive and defensive threats (Tangela, Quilladin, Gourgeist-XL, Pawniard, Mawile, and Probopass especially here) before you go on the offensive. Hope you guys enjoy!

To start, my basic aim was to build balance around Ursaring, so I originally started with this core here consisting of Pelipper, Chinchou, and defensive Mawile to address many of the meta's most common threats while providing Ursaring with enough opportunities to switch in for free via slow momentum moves (i.e. Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Baton Pass) in order to activate its Toxic Orb. Ursaring coming in on more defensive teams via a free switch lets it Swords Dance with minimal cost as your opponent switches to its Normal resist or counter. There isn't really much that can take a poison-boosted Facade coming off of 758 Attack, so you'll have a nice matchup from the outset against stall and other balance squads.

From there, I added Mawile, as its defensive variant is actually a very important component of balance that allows your team to switch into offensive beasts like Stoutland, Dodrio, LO physically offensive Simisage, Drifblim, Murkrow lacking Heat Wave, Leafeon, Jumpluff, Rock Slide Gogoat, while even checking some physically offensive variants (not mixed) of Cacturne. It provides all of its teammates with the ability to switch in for free via a slow Baton Pass, which is especially important when breaking with Leafeon and Ursaring. It sets SR and weakens physically defensive Grass-types with Toxic for both Ursaring and Leafeon, while Play Rough is the chosen move for checking Cacturne and pressuring Vullaby (for Leafeon) with a mixture of Toxic, too. Mawile is using enough Speed for 128 Spe Probopass, so that you can Baton Pass out before being trapped.

With many Grass-types already being addressed by Mawile, I was free to use Chinchou - its slow Volt Switch is ideal for switching into Ursaring in order to break for Leafeon (or vice versa), while its unique set of resistances let it take on specially offensive Floatzel, Regice, Rotom-S, Rotom-F, Swanna, Electabuzz, Zebstrika, Raichu, etc. Mawile and Leafeon in particular are checked by almost all of these threats, so Chinchou was pretty important in giving these two some breathing room. It's really key to keep its Eviolite in tact, otherwise it can be 2HKOed on the switch by something like LO Regice's Focus Blast (so, if you predict Trick from something like Rotom-F, switch to Mr. Mime). Chinchou breaks down opposing teams via Scald and cripples physical attackers (which in turn increases Mawile's longevity), is a Volt Switch stop, and lastly acts a status absorb via RestTalk. Mr. Mime's Healing Wish and Ursaring always being poisoned by Toxic Orb also prevent status spam type teams from doing too much to you here. Chinchou is run with enough Speed for Adamant 252 Spe Golem and can OHKO with Scald once Golem's Sturdy has been broken.

With Ursaring, Mawile, and Chinchou, I was missing a switch-in for Monferno (as well as Rapidash and Ninetales, which have risen in popularity lately due to Cacturne dropping), so I added Altaria. Originally, I was using Pelipper here, given that nearly every balance squad accounts for entry hazards with some form of removal, but I switched it out for Altaria for a couple reasons. Firstly, Pelipper is not actually a guaranteed switch-in for any of these Fire-types, with NP Energy Ball from Ninetales doing a ton of damage, Monferno having the ability to run Thunder Punch, and Rapidash always running Wild Charge. Secondly, Altaria is a pretty nice choice for removing Grass- and Steel-types: Natural Cure lets you take a powder or a burn from Grass-types like Tangela or Gourgeist-Super, and Fire Blast lets you score the KO (Tangela also commonly runs HP Fire over HP Ice in this meta, which is a plus for Altaria), while Earthquake can hit Steel-types like Probopass extremely hard as they attempt to switch into Fire Blast or a predicted Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse.
With this set, I actually forgot Dragon STAB on purpose! Normally, Altaria's standard variants lure either one or the other, but not both Grass-types AND Steel-types at the same time.
To elaborate, when you use Dragon Dance, normally your opponent will send in a physically defensive Grass-type or Mawile, which lets you use Fire Blast freely. Fainting Tangela, Quilladin, Gourgeist-XL, and defensive Mawile is huge in letting Leafeon and Ursaring do as much damage as possible during mid- or late-game. This works in reverse, too: if you use Fire Blast, your opponent will assume that you're missing Ground coverage (as Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Toxic / Roost is a really common set), which would normally allow Probopass or Ninetales to come in for free on Altaria. Wrong - Earthquake right after a Fire Blast KOes Probopass, which then allows Mawile to avoid being trapped and Mr. Mime to spam Psychic or Fairy coverage. Earthquake on Ninetales or Monferno also takes a huge amount of pressure off of Mawile and Leafeon, so they're free to wall physically offensive Pokemon (Mawile) or break down walls with Knock Off and an Adamant, STAB- and CB-boosted Leaf Blade (Leafeon). Altaria is set to outspeed Modest Electrode at +1 with the given EVs, as well as OHKO Monferno and standard Probopass with a +1 EQ:
These Pokemon may attempt to switch into what they assume to be special Altaria in order to soak up a Fire Blast, but are KOed by LO Earthquake:

+1 120 Atk Life Orb Altaria Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Monferno: 276-325 (102.6 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Altaria Earthquake vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 354-421 (116.4 - 138.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Altaria Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 36 Def Probopass: 348-411 (107.7 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
120 Atk Life Orb Altaria Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninetales: 208-247 (72.4 - 86%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

(Add these calcs together for Probopass KO, as Probopass attempts to switch into what it assumes to be special Altaria:
252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Probopass: 73-87 (24 - 28.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery -->
120 Atk Life Orb Altaria Earthquake vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Probopass: 239-286 (78.6 - 94%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

These Pokemon will attempt to switch into what they assume to be DD Altaria in order to wall its physical set, but are KOed or severely weakened by LO 252 SpA Fire Blast instead:

252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Tangela: 281-333 (84.1 - 99.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Quilladin: 216-255 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Quilladin: 216-255 (82.1 - 96.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 265-312 (70.8 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mawile: 335-395 (110.1 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

These Pokemon are outsped after a Dragon Dance and are KOed by either Earthquake or Fire Blast:

+1 120 Atk Life Orb Altaria Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Electrode: 325-385 (124.5 - 147.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Altaria Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zebstrika: 356-421 (122.3 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jumpluff: 218-257 (74.9 - 88.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(+1 Spe) 252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. (Leftovers or Life Orb) 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-F: 198-234 (82.1 - 97%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Leafeon: 296-351 (109.2 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Altaria Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Simisear: 356-421 (122.3 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Altaria Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rapidash: 325-385 (119.9 - 142%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Altaria Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Simisage: 338-400 (116.1 - 137.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With Ursaring, Mawile, Chinchou, and Altaria at this point in the building process, I realized I neither had a Choice Scarf user nor a Chatot answer, so Mr. Mime with Soundproof was an easy pick here. Its Healing Wish synergizes very nicely with Mawile's lack of recovery, as well as Ursaring's tendency to be worn down by its own item (as well as priority from its foes). Mr. Mime and Ursaring also have excellent type synergy together with Mr. Mime being able to switch into Fighting attacks via its x4 resist in a pinch, while Ursaring is immune to Ghost-type attacks aimed at Mr. Mime (which can prove useful if Sneak Muk / Dusknoir are playing predictably). Misdreavus is also a free switchin for Ursaring, provided Ursaring's Toxic Orb is already active. What's more, Ursaring is hugely helpful in breaking down stall, while Mr. Mime cleans up against certain offensive threats late-game (e.g. Floatzel, Zebstrika, Electrode, etc.).

Finally, lacking a Ground resist for Golem and a strong breaker to partner with Ursaring, I chose CB Leafeon. Its Knock Off (in tandem with Mawile's Toxic and SR) takes away bulky Grass-types' ability to switch into Ursaring, and is hugely helpful in breaking down Vullaby and Monferno via a combination of Double-Edge and Knock Off for its teammates (Mawile, as stated above, also breaks down Vullaby with SR / Toxic / STAB Play Rough). At this point in the teambuilding process, I hated how easily Pawniard came in and setup, and is even able to increase its Attack via Mawile's Intimidate (lol), so I used Adamant Rock Smash Leafeon here. Adamant Rock Smash lures and OHKOes Pawniard without SR, which would've been a huge threat otherwise. Be sure to keep Leafeon healthy for Pawniard if it's there, otherwise it can still break past with a +2 Sucker Punch. Rock Smash CB Leafeon also 2HKOes Probopass, which is again very helpful in helping out Mawile and Mr. Mime:

252+ Atk Choice Band Leafeon Rock Smash vs. 248 HP / 36 Def Probopass: 180-216 (55.7 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Leafeon Rock Smash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 228-272 (98.7 - 117.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO.

Anyway, that's the team - feel free to use Pelipper over Altaria if you would rather have Defog over an offensive lure, but I would encourage you to use Wacan Pelipper here to prevent it from losing to random Thunder Punch Monferno, Thunder Punch Metang, and standard Rapidash's Wild Charge. One last thing that you can try is Psychic over Psyshock on Mr. Mime so that Curse Muk isn't too big a threat (although that makes AV Muk harder to clean against, so you choose).

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Crunch

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Altaria @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 120 Atk / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Volt Switch

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Rock Smash
- Leaf Blade
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Last edited:

cryalot

senza telescopi
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
PLOT RAICHU + BANDED LEAFEON
Lt. Surge07

I started with the requested core, NP Raichu + Leafeon. I paired them with a cool three-mon core that 2xTheTap posted here, consisting of Probopass + Lumineon + Grumpig. Lastly, i needed something fast to revenge-kill opposing scarfers and mons like Floatzel, Zebstrika and Ninjask, that otherwise would outspeed all the team. Dodrio is one of the fastest scarfers and can clean late-game pretty easily.
Choice Band Leafeon is the team wallbreaker, can take care of ground mons such as Golem and Stunfisk. It acts as well as a nice ground immunity, being able to switch into ground moves directed to either Raichu or Probopass with relative ease.
Probopass is a great partner to Leafeon and Dodrio, being able to trap steel type like Mawile and Metang. I'm running this fast set instead of the bulkier one in order to surely outspeed Mawile and Metang. Pawniard and offensive Mawile are checked by Lumineon anyway. Moreover Probopass acts as the normal resist that every team needs, and it is a reliable Rotom-F switchin. Air Balloon is there to lessen the weakness to Ground, Passho Berry could be used to check the slight water weakness.
Lumineon compresses in one slot the role of defogger and water immunity, other than an almost always reliable Floatzel switchin. The speed allows Lumineon to outspeed +speed nature Cacturne, that would otherwise be a really big issue to the team. Lumineon can check Monferno as well if Grumpig is down.
Grumpig is there to check fire types like Monferno and Rapidash. Taunt helps you with slower teams while Thunder Wave could be a good option for speed control. With Colbur Berry this acts like a secondary Pawn and Cacturne check if still healthy.
That's the team, enjoy!

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Bullet Seed
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off

Probopass @ Air Balloon / Passho Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt / Thunder Wave

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Last edited:

cryalot

senza telescopi
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
MID SPEED - A DOG AND A BULL TEAM
Ov3r Ac3

It was pretty hard to build a good balance team around this core, since both Stoutland and Bouffalant aren't fast and they both struggle with Monferno. That's why i chose Stunfisk over Mawile or Golem for Stealth Rock. Lumineon is a check to Monferno as well, provides defog and a water immunity, something that Pelipper doesn't provide. Rapidash and Leafeon were added lastly, completing the Fire-Water-Grass core.
CB Stoutland is one of the best wallbreakers of the tier. It only struggles against defensive Mawile and Tangela, that aren't a problem anyway because of the presence of Stunfisk, Rapidash and in part Bouffalant.
Bouffalant is the set-up sweeper of the team. With its sheer bulk, it can set up on the majority of the defensive mons of the tier: defensive Mawile struggles to destroy the sub in one hit, Stunfisk, Prinplup, Audino (without Encore) are free set up opportunity. Against more offensive teams it can still take hits from stuff like Rotom-F and Mr.Mime and retaliate back for decent damage. Bouffalant wins almost every 1v1 vs set up sweepers such as croMuk and Clefairy, even tho it can never win a 1v1 against Ghosts such as Misdreavus and Gourgeist tho, that's why it's important to take care of those before set up.
Stunfisk is the answer to Monferno, Pawniard and Dodrio, can switch into Zebstrika and provides a really valid electric immunity.
Lumineon provides a really needed water immunity and a sort of switch in for Floatzel. The spread allows it to outspeed +speed Cacturne and u-turn out.
Since CB Stoutland is already in the team, i firstly chose to run yache berry Leafeon, changing it to scarf because the team absolutely needs speed. Scarf Leafeon allows you to outspeed most of the common scarfers, such as Rotom-f, Mr.Mime and Chatot, and mons like Zebstrika and Floatzel, that are hard for the team to take down.
Rapidash was added lastly over Monferno because it's faster and has some sort of recover in Morning Sun, meaning you can switch into Gourgeist without being too afraid of being cheaped away.

Overall the team is not one of the best i ever built, but i find it really fun. It sturggles a bit against strong wallbreakers such as CB Leafeon, Stoutland and Lapras. Gourgeist has to be played around with Knock Off from Leafeon, will-o-wisp in order to cheap it away and let it be 2hko'd from Stoutland's frustration, or toxic from either Lumineon or Stunfisk. Enjoy the team and have fun ;o

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Double-Edge
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

STANDARD META by cryalot
TheMinimizer

This is a pretty standard team at the moment. I decided to build around Mixed LO Cacturne, U-Turn Monferno and Scarf Rotom. Looking at this core, the first thing i tried to cover is the Monferno weakness. That's why i added Pelipper and Stunfisk. for the last slot i was looking for a normal resist that could apply some offensive presence. Crustle was a perfect match, being able to take hits from Stoutland pretty easily and shell smash in front of it.
Mixed Cacturne is a fantastic mon in this meta. Three mons can u-turn or volt switch out of the field to let Cacturne come in for free, and it's not hard for it to clean lategame.
Monferno switches into Pawniard without problem and into Cacturne pretty easily almost always. U-Turn keeps the momentum, but even SD is a good choice to sweep.
Scarf Rotom is amazing, being able to hit for supereffective almost every mon with boltbeam coverage. Trick can be useful to stop Clefairy and Duosion from setup if needed.
Stunfisk is a Monferno and Dodrio switch in, provides Stealth Rock and electric immunity.
Pelipper is another Monferno switch in, can defog and keep up momentum thanks to u-turn. It's the designed switchin for Golem, against which the team struggles a bit.Moreover, it is some sort of Floatzel switchin, even tho you have to scout for hp electric. Usually Floatzel can be checked offensively with scarf Rotom and sucker Cacturne.
Shell Smash Crustle runs through entire teams. It provides a normal switchin and a setup sweeper on the same slot, and in an offensive meta such as this one it shines thank to sturdy and its bulk that allow it to survive at least a hit almost every game and setup.
I love this team, hope you enjoy it as well!

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Crustle @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

Last edited:

MZ

STANDARD META by cryalot
TheMinimizer

This is a pretty standard team at the moment. I decided to build around Mixed LO Cacturne, U-Turn Monferno and Scarf Rotom. Looking at this core, the first thing i tried to cover is the Monferno weakness. That's why i added Pelipper and Stunfisk. for the last slot i was looking for a normal resist that could apply some offensive presence. Crustle was a perfect match, being able to take hits from Stoutland pretty easily and shell smash in front of it.
Mixed Cacturne is a fantastic mon in this meta. Three mons can u-turn or volt switch out of the field to let Cacturne come in for free, and it's not hard for it to clean lategame.
Monferno switches into Pawniard without problem and into Cacturne pretty easily almost always. U-Turn keeps the momentum, but even SD is a good choice to sweep.
Scarf Rotom is amazing, being able to hit for supereffective almost every mon with boltbeam coverage. Trick can be useful to stop Clefairy and Duosion from setup if needed.
Stunfisk is a Monferno and Dodrio switch in, provides Stealth Rock and electric immunity.
Pelipper is another Monferno switch in, can defog and keep up momentum thanks to u-turn. It's the designed switchin for Golem, against which the team struggles a bit.Moreover, it is some sort of Floatzel switchin, even tho you have to scout for hp electric. Usually Floatzel can be checked offensively with scarf Rotom and sucker Cacturne.
Shell Smash Crustle runs through entire teams. It provides a normal switchin and a setup sweeper on the same slot, and in an offensive meta such as this one it shines thank to sturdy and its bulk that allow it to survive at least a hit almost every game and setup.

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Crustle @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash
This also works for sandybrandon's cacturne offense request
I don't really have anything else to put in this post so gasquakee smells

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
MID SPEED - A DOG AND A BULL TEAM
Ov3r Ac3

It was pretty hard to build a good balance team around this core, since both Stoutland and Bouffalant aren't fast and they both struggle with Monferno. That's why i chose Stunfisk over Mawile or Golem for Stealth Rock. Lumineon is a check to Monferno as well, provides defog and a water immunity, something that Pelipper doesn't provide. Rapidash and Leafeon were added lastly, completing the Fire-Water-Grass core.
CB Stoutland is one of the best wallbreakers of the tier. It only struggles against defensive Mawile and Tangela, that aren't a problem anyway because of the presence of Stunfisk, Rapidash and in part Bouffalant.
Bouffalant is the set-up sweeper of the team. With its sheer bulk, it can set up on the majority of the defensive mons of the tier: defensive Mawile struggles to destroy the sub in one hit, Stunfisk, Prinplup, Audino (without Encore) are free set up opportunity. Against more offensive teams it can still take hits from stuff like Rotom-F and Mr.Mime and retaliate back for decent damage. Bouffalant wins almost every 1v1 vs set up sweepers such as croMuk and Clefairy, even tho it can never win a 1v1 against Ghosts such as Misdreavus and Gourgeist tho, that's why it's important to take care of those before set up.
Stunfisk is the answer to Monferno, Pawniard and Dodrio, can switch into Zebstrika and provides a really valid electric immunity.
Lumineon provides a really needed water immunity and a sort of switch in for Floatzel. The spread allows it to outspeed +speed Cacturne and u-turn out.
Since CB Stoutland is already in the team, i firstly chose to run yache berry Leafeon, changing it to scarf because the team absolutely needs speed. Scarf Leafeon allows you to outspeed most of the common scarfers, such as Rotom-f, Mr.Mime and Chatot, and mons like Zebstrika and Floatzel, that are hard for the team to take down.
Rapidash was added lastly over Monferno because it's faster and has some sort of recover in Morning Sun, meaning you can switch into Gourgeist without being too afraid of being cheaped away.

Overall the team is not one of the best i ever built, but i find it really fun. It sturggles a bit against strong wallbreakers such as CB Leafeon, Stoutland and Lapras. Gourgeist has to be played around with Knock Off from Leafeon, will-o-wisp in order to cheap it away and let it be 2hko'd from Stoutland's frustration, or toxic from either Lumineon or Stunfisk. Enjoy the team and have fun ;o

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Double-Edge
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

Rapidash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

STANDARD META by cryalot
TheMinimizer

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Crustle @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash
Thx bro

Purugly @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

I only started PU very recently and Purugly has been amazing! I made a little sample team with it and Purugly is just a beast but since I'm quite inexperienced with the meta can I get a Purugly team based on this set? If possible, I want the team to be a "Hit n' Run" kind of thing where Purugly just spams fake out then runs away, not sure if this is a viable strategy, though.

Purugly @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

I only started PU very recently and Purugly has been amazing! I made a little sample team with it and Purugly is just a beast but since I'm quite inexperienced with the meta can I get a Purugly team based on this set? If possible, I want the team to be a "Hit n' Run" kind of thing where Purugly just spams fake out then runs away, not sure if this is a viable strategy, though.
Hi Wailing Wailord. I'm pretty new here, too. From my experience, you might want to try running Purugly on a hazard-stacking team, or a sticky web team. I have some fun teams that you could try, but they don't work very well past 1400 on the ladder. I want to format the post so I can make the team importable. How can I do that?

Last edited:
My name is Michael, i'm requesting a team to be built around CB ninjask and Eviolite or LO monferno. I would like the moves on ninjask to be U-turn, x-scissor, aerial ace, and sleep talk/night slash. I would like monferno to have close combat, mach punch, flare blitz, and u-turn. If you choose to change up the monferno set that is fine, but i would really like the ninjask set to stay the same. I would like a balanced team as that is my favorite playstyle. If prinplup is chosen for the team i would prefer that both defog and stealth rock not be on the set together, i feel it puts too much pressure on prinplup, while also being counter productive.

Last edited:
I would like a Raichu [Lightning Rod] 3 mon core, with a second 3 mon core to go with it. Preferably, I would like the cores to compliment a future alola raichu, at least in typing, not nessicarilly in what moves it may or may not know.

MZ

I would like a Raichu [Lightning Rod] 3 mon core, with a second 3 mon core to go with it. Preferably, I would like the cores to compliment a future alola raichu, at least in typing, not nessicarilly in what moves it may or may not know.
First off, there is already a Raichu team posted on the same page, so no need to go building a whole new team for the request. Secondly, we can't build predicting Alola Raichu since the tiers will see major shifts in the new generation and there is no clue telling what will or won't be PU. You can try requesting from a shop once the tiers settle and we know where Alola Raichu will be, but that will likely be several months. Welcome to Smogon!
PLOT RAICHU + BANDED LEAFEON
Lt. Surge07

I started with the requested core, NP Raichu + Leafeon. I paired them with a cool three-mon core that 2xTheTap posted here, consisting of Probopass + Lumineon + Grumpig. Lastly, i needed something fast to revenge-kill opposing scarfers and mons like Floatzel, Zebstrika and Ninjask, that otherwise would outspeed all the team. Dodrio is one of the fastest scarfers and can clean late-game pretty easily.
Choice Band Leafeon is the team wallbreaker, can take care of ground mons such as Golem and Stunfisk. It acts as well as a nice ground immunity, being able to switch into ground moves directed to either Raichu or Probopass with relative ease.
Probopass is a great partner to Leafeon and Dodrio, being able to trap steel type like Mawile and Metang. I'm running this fast set instead of the bulkier one in order to surely outspeed Mawile and Metang. Pawniard and offensive Mawile are checked by Lumineon anyway. Moreover Probopass acts as the normal resist that every team needs, and it is a reliable Rotom-F switchin. Air Balloon is there to lessen the weakness to Ground, Passho Berry could be used to check the slight water weakness.
Lumineon compresses in one slot the role of defogger and water immunity, other than an almost always reliable Floatzel switchin. The speed allows Lumineon to outspeed +speed nature Cacturne, that would otherwise be a really big issue to the team. Lumineon can check Monferno as well if Grumpig is down.
Grumpig is there to check fire types like Monferno and Rapidash. Taunt helps you with slower teams while Thunder Wave could be a good option for speed control. With Colbur Berry this acts like a secondary Pawn and Cacturne check if still healthy.
That's the team, enjoy!

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Bullet Seed
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off

Probopass @ Air Balloon / Passho Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt / Thunder Wave

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

MZ

My name is Michael, i'm requesting a team to be built around CB ninjask and Eviolite or LO monferno. I would like the moves on ninjask to be U-turn, x-scissor, aerial ace, and sleep talk/night slash. I would like monferno to have close combat, mach punch, flare blitz, and u-turn. If you choose to change up the monferno set that is fine, but i would really like the ninjask set to stay the same. I would like a balanced team as that is my favorite playstyle. If prinplup is chosen for the team i would prefer that both defog and stealth rock not be on the set together, i feel it puts too much pressure on prinplup, while also being counter productive.
291.png
391.png
457.png
076.png
326.png
470.png

Ninjask @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Dig

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz

Lumineon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack
I just sorta felt like doing something so here's a quick and standard team. Basic core to start off with, I went with Thunderpunch here because Pelipper is a pain but honestly U-Turn could be fine, it's just that Adamant feels better. Also I really prefer Dig to either of your options so you can replace with Sleep Talk or Night Slash, but they're generally useless moves while Dig has merits in a last mon situation. After that it's just really standard stuff, Lumineon Golem core deals with hazards and Electrics (although Heavy Slam is non-standard it's just because Clefairy is a massive pain). Then CM Grumpig does some breaking stuff and helps check Monferno and Rotom-F and Leafeon provides some heavy hitting. It all slots together fairly regularly, so plenty of stuff can be a bit annoying but fine to deal with with enough checks. Hope you enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)