PU Teambuilding Shop - Request teams here!

Hey! Can i request a Trick Room Team that features Octillery? I really like Trick Room, and i think Octillery would be a perfect fit, i'm just not very good at building teams yet... Thanks ahead of time!

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey! Can i request a Trick Room Team that features Octillery? I really like Trick Room, and i think Octillery would be a perfect fit, i'm just not very good at building teams yet... Thanks ahead of time!
Hello there and welcome to Smogon! As for your request around Octillery + Trick Room, I posted a team utilizing this here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-teambuilding-shop-request-teams-here.3528733/page-11#post-6800044
Just use Monferno over Machoke as Machoke is banned and it should work just fine. If you want to request a team around something else, we'd be happy to help out.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...quest-teams-here.3528733/page-11#post-6800044

Reactions: MZ

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Double post but:

Ov3r Ac3

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Aqua Jet

Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Milk Drink
- Earthquake

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Hey there, sorry it took so long to get this requst done, but here's the Floatzel/Flareon/Gogoat team you asked for. Some of the sets and EVs were changed to better optimize their roles. Band Floatzel makes for hard hitting revenge killer with Aqua Jet and everything else is pretty standard on Floatzel. It needed Return for bulky waters like Lumineon, Pelipper, Lapras, and Prinplup. Flareon was changed as no attacks Flareon is just not good so Wish + Protect was kept on Flareon to go along with Flare Blitz + Superpower to do some solid damage while still having a switchin to Pokemon such as Rotom-F. Earthquake was used over Rock Slide on Gogoat mainly to weaken Steel-types such as Probopass and Mawile while also maintaining coverage on Rapidash and doing more damage to Monferno. Golem provides Stealth Rock, an Electric immunity, and a Normal and Flying resist which is a must for balance teams. Zebstrika provides a switchin to Jumpluff while also dealing with Flying-types like Dodrio. Last, Choice Scarf Mr. Mime gave the team another revenge killer as well as Soundproof to prevent Chatot from spamming Boomburst at will. Flareon doesn't have Heal Bell like the set you posted, but Healing Wish on Mr. Mime does let you be a bit more aggressive with Floatzel/Gogoat/Zebstrika as it brings them back to full health and gets rid of any unwanted status. Enjoy the team!

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TrulyDevious

Frogadier @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 100 HP / 156 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

I decided to use Toxic Spikes Frogadier since it really is the only thing it has going for it in PU that other Water-types cannot do. To take advantage of the residual damage this provides there is a VoltTurn core with Monferno and Choice Scarf Rotom-F. Gabite and Grumpig form a decent defensive core without giving up offensive presence. Leafeon is another ground + water check that weakens Vullaby for Monferno and Grumpig with Knock Off. Through the game you should be looking to wear down the opposing team with hazards and eventually win by either just picking off Pokemon when you can or cleaning up with Rotom-F, Leafeon or Monferno, depending on the team.

You could try Roselia or another better Water-check instead of Leafeon but I personally like Leafeon better here. Floatzel would also probably be better than Frogadier a lot of the time because the extra speed helps out a ton, but it's a Frogadier team and it works just fine like this.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Double post but:

Ov3r Ac3

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Aqua Jet

Flareon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Milk Drink
- Earthquake

Golem @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Hey there, sorry it took so long to get this requst done, but here's the Floatzel/Flareon/Gogoat team you asked for. Some of the sets and EVs were changed to better optimize their roles. Band Floatzel makes for hard hitting revenge killer with Aqua Jet and everything else is pretty standard on Floatzel. It needed Return for bulky waters like Lumineon, Pelipper, Lapras, and Prinplup. Flareon was changed as no attacks Flareon is just not good so Wish + Protect was kept on Flareon to go along with Flare Blitz + Superpower to do some solid damage while still having a switchin to Pokemon such as Rotom-F. Earthquake was used over Rock Slide on Gogoat mainly to weaken Steel-types such as Probopass and Mawile while also maintaining coverage on Rapidash and doing more damage to Monferno. Golem provides Stealth Rock, an Electric immunity, and a Normal and Flying resist which is a must for balance teams. Zebstrika provides a switchin to Jumpluff while also dealing with Flying-types like Dodrio. Last, Choice Scarf Mr. Mime gave the team another revenge killer as well as Soundproof to prevent Chatot from spamming Boomburst at will. Flareon doesn't have Heal Bell like the set you posted, but Healing Wish on Mr. Mime does let you be a bit more aggressive with Floatzel/Gogoat/Zebstrika as it brings them back to full health and gets rid of any unwanted status. Enjoy the team!
Thx so much

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Requesting A Balance Offense Team with Probopass + Muk and/or Clefairy AND a Chinchou core (Chinchou + Something Else) Thanks!

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

Hey so these are very Appealing to me and Personally I would love to get a team with them on it however I'm currently ass at this metagme and was wondering if you guys would help me out? Honestly the only requirement is that Sawsbuck has 4 attacks is not that lame Baton Pass or Toxic set on the Smogon Dex that is apprently the only viable set for it. I don't mind if you give it Work Up I'm cool with that and frankly I don't give a damn what you do with Floatzel as long as the to dimes are on the same team I'm a happy camper! Thanks dudes

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would love to see a team built around a duel screens setup for regigigas to setup
The team ended up being a while since this wasn't the most viable of requests, but I do have something for you now. Dundies did sum stuff too
486.png
326.png
470.png
618.png
279.png
303.png

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Return
- Drain Punch

Grumpig @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Double-Edge

Stunfisk @ Shed Shell
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Sludge Wave

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
I went with a really fast regi to beat Jolly Monferno and Stoutland after Slow Start wears off so they can't revenge you unless regi is down to Mach Punch range, and the screens user is Grumpig rather than the more traditional Meowstic because it has a lot more utility than just screens. After that the team has scarf leafeon to function as an all-purpose revenge killer and Golem check, as well as knocking a few things so regi doesn't need to waste its time. The team's defensive core is Stunfisk+Pelipper which was what Dundies put me on to, I can't say I like it that much overall but it's necessary for condensing all the utility of Electric check, Water check, emergency hazard removal, pivot, etc. into just two slots. You need to play the team pretty offensively overall so don't rely on them to perfectly cover everything all the time. Mawile rounds out the squad to ensure that Muk+Trapper is a doable matchup and provide some really strong wallbreaking, as well as checking Leafeon since Pelipper lacks Air Slash. I'm not gonna lie and say screens+regi is great, not at all, but it's a solid enough concept that you'll get some use out of it and the team is fairly enjoyable overall.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Beam

(I'm not fluent on english, so sorry if i do some mistakes)
I want to start playing more offensive on PU, and who's better to this than the tier Pokémon with the highest attack stat?
I haven't never seen a trick room team with Rampardos in PU, but, i don't know, i can try. Also, i would thank if the team is the most offensive possible. Feel free to change Evs, itens and attacks, this is just a base set.

Thank you ><​

Hello peeps.
I'm currently back on pu for now but since i'm here i really wanna request a team around meditite.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt

Meditite @ Choice Band
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

That's the core.
i wanna go towards offense but if you go for balance(kinda hard tho)it's ok as well.
With webs+sr up meditite is surely scary.
As i've played around the only thing that can take 2 hjk's after rocks is duosion.
So something that takes care of that is actually appreciated.
Whenever you have time i would appreciate to see this completed and ready for battle.
Thanks in advance. :)

Masquerain @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Scald
- Energy Ball

After Masquerain's buffs in the new generation, I feel it has a lot of untapped potential as a viable sweeper, even up to the likes of Vivillion. Unfortunately, I happen to have troubles building a team around it. i'd like to request a team centralizing around this set.

I'd also like this team to meet these two criterias:
  • I'd like Muk and Electrode on the team
  • No Eeveelutions or Eevee whatsoever.
I'm aware this is low priority, since we're talking Masquerain of all things.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Hey so these are very Appealing to me and Personally I would love to get a team with them on it however I'm currently ass at this metagme and was wondering if you guys would help me out? Honestly the only requirement is that Sawsbuck has 4 attacks is not that lame Baton Pass or Toxic set on the Smogon Dex that is apprently the only viable set for it. I don't mind if you give it Work Up I'm cool with that and frankly I don't give a damn what you do with Floatzel as long as the to dimes are on the same team I'm a happy camper! Thanks dudes
Hey, Broken Phobias - I actually had a few teams in my builder already with this combo. There are two versions, and both are basically WU Sawsbuck to Floatzel-based offense. You can easily use SD Pass Sawsbuck rather than WU, but the goal was passing mixed offensive stats to an entire team rather than just Attack (so you'll see a bunch of mixed attackers like Banette, Floatzel, Murkrow).

OFFENSIVE SAWS-PASS

To start, I deviated from your requirement for Sawsbuck to have 4 attacks - no matter what you do, Baton Pass, Toxic, or Swords Dance / Work Up will make it so you're running 3 attacks in most cases. With this team, focus on getting up Stealth Rock with Golem early-game so that you'll be able to break through Sturdy and Sashes mid-game with a Pokemon powered up via Work Up. Late-game, you'll almost always be cleaning with Mr. Mime or Chatot, or one of 4 priority moves on each team (Banette or Dusk / Monferno or Murkrow / Floatzel / Golem all use priority). By the way, Nature Power also bypasses Sucker Punch because it isn't counted as an attack, which comes into play surprisingly often.

Sawsbuck with Nature Power and Serene Grace has a 40% chance to inflict status (6.67% for burn/freeze/paralysis, multiplied by 2, so 13.34% for each), which you will then use to get in a free Work Up, Substitute, or Baton Pass once your opponent has been disabled. The main recipient on Team 1 is Murkrow, who has a 100% crit chance with Lansat passed from Sawsbuck + Super Luck + Scope Lens, and will be your main breaker. You can honestly use Heat Wave or a different Hidden Power (Ground) for catching opposing Mawile and Probopass off guard, but Golem was more common in testing, hence HP Grass. On the second team, you can use a different item over King's Rock, but with Serene Grace it has a 20% chance to flinch (when it'd normally be 10% without SG), which makes a potential combination of flinch and status hugely annoying and conducive to powering up your team via Work Up. +1 100% crit Murkrow is a monster too, but still has a defensive answer in Stunfisk (which Sawsbuck will be using to set up on / it isn't common in this meta at all, anyway).

Murkrow and Dusknoir break down all of Chatot's defensive answers together; Soundproof Mr. Mime is beaten by Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, and Pursuit, while any Rock- or Steel-type is broken down either by Earthquake, Chatot's own Hidden Power Ground, or Murkrow's Hidden Power Grass. Normally what will happen is, you'll click U-Turn with Chatot as they suspect you using Boomburst, they'll bring in Mr. Mime into the U-Turn, at which point you can Pursuit trap it and allow yourself to clean late-game. +1 Chatot cleans with the power of Specs Chatot, which is honestly just overpowered as hell once you've lured Soundproof Pokemon and removed any Normal resists. Electrode is handled similarly - Golem checks it and is a Volt Switch stop for it, Dusknoir beats it with Pursuit as it Volt Switches out, and you have Hidden Power Ground on Chatot to hit it as it comes in if necessary.

A powered up Floatzel will break down Normal resists for the team's Flying-type core in Murkrow + Chatot, and will also check bothersome Fire-types that will disallow Sawsbuck to pass its boosts out. It'll also absorb potential Scald burns and Will-O-Wisps for Sawsbuck on the second team, as well as Banette and Dusknoir on both teams.

The second team functions similarly, and is really centered around the team's Scarfer more than anything. Mr. Mime needs Pokemon like Pawniard, Cacturne, Grumpig, Bronzor, and Metang gone to clean, so Jolly LO U-Turn Monferno and mixed Banette are used for these purposes. Banette lures Vullaby with a combination of Knock Off and Dazzling Gleam, along with any other Dark-types that your opponent switches into Dark- and Ghost-type moves, which will allow Mr. Mime to lock into Psychic more often. Not only that, but Banette will also beat Altaria, defensive Pelipper, and Vibrava, meaning that Monferno will be poised to clean and Golem's SR will be kept up in battles where Banette is pressuring the other team.

On the second team, you'll notice Shadow Ball Sawsbuck - Shadow Ball weakens Metang for Mr. Mime. Trevenant and Gourgeist-XL are also weakened considerably by this tactic, which removes a Ground resist so that Golem can spam EQ.

With this team being so offensively minded, you'll often find yourself simply trying to revenge kill other teams rather than switching into them directly - this is the kind of team where you want SR up as often as possible, to make the most use out of the 4 priority moves built into each team. Focus on powering up Sawsbuck, keeping it healthy, and passing its boosts around to any of the team's priority users while removing your Scarfer's defensive answers, and you'll do fine. Alternatively, you can use a bulkier Sawsbuck, which will keep it alive longer to pass out Work Up boosts, as well as switch into Golem's Earthquakes more reliably. Hope you enjoy the teams!

Sawsbuck @ Lansat Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature Power
- Work Up
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Murkrow @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
Naughty Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Dusknoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Heat Wave

Sawsbuck @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature Power
- Work Up
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Ball

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Aqua Jet
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Monferno @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Banette @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body / Insomnia
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Last edited:
First off, a thanks to 2xTheTap for letting me build with him and the shop.

Drifblim Offense for Take Azelfie

Drifblim @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 8 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 40 SpD / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Rest

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

Electrode @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gabite @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Hi Take Azelfie, neat choice of core. This core screams offense, which Calm Mind Drifblim cleaning up late game via Resting off damage and boosting its speed. Unfortunately, there are a number of special walls or simply just tanks that stop it cold. Therefore, we need to get rid of these checks/counters.

First thing we added was the Monferno and made it Jolly U-Turn so it could pivot in on counters and out to something that immediately threatens the counter. Paired with Monferno was Spikes + 3 Attacks Cacturne which serves as triple purpose: Pseudo-Water check, spike stacking and special tank lure. Currently the two mons lack a switch in to water type moves, so Water Absorb Cacturne is a nice way of taking on a water type by predicting a water attack and threatening them out with a Life Orb Sucker Punch. Spikes stacking was important because we wanted Drifblim's checks not named Audino to get slowly chipped so they become in range of the sweep. Since physical Cacturne is not as common as Special Biased nowadays, this set may catch some SpDef Clefairies off guard, as well as unsuspecting Audinos which get hit with a Superpower. Remember that altho Monferno also takes on Audino, Audino simply switches out, so you must keep in mind that maintaining offensive momentum is important.

At this point, we needed a Stealth Rocker which could take on Psychics, Flyings and Ice. Metang fit the bill due to the unpassive nature and due to Pursuit, which can get rid of things like Scarf Mr. Mime, Grumpig and other severely weakened mons that may try to switch. Taunt Electrode was the next mon to be on the team, as it further helped vs Chatot, but it also prevents things like SpDef Clefairy from recovering. It also forms a nice VoltTurn core with Monferno and is one of this team's form of speed control. Here, the last mon, which may seem mediocre, was one that suprised the most during testing. Sure, it's this team's "electric immunity", but it's main purpose was as a secondary form of speed control and as a nice surprise factor vs threats that may stay in because they think they outspeed. Don't be afraid to switch this in aggresively (if it helps maintain offensive momentum) to, say, a Zebstrika's Volt Switch and KO with EQ back.

When the opposing team is weakened, Calm Mind Drifblim is ready to sweep. Make sure you remove or cripple in some way shape or form, opposing Ice, Rock and Electric types. That'll make it even easier to sweep. Remember to set up a Calm Mind on things that can't KO you, then Rest to get the speed boost. Also remember, this is offense so it's not supposed to exactly be switching around to counters but rather should be attacking and weakening things.

Watch some replays to get a sense of how the team is played:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-513886952
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-514244968

Meditite Webs Offense for BluBirD252

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Dark Void
- Explosion

Meditite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Happiness: 0
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Hex

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Grumpig @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Hi BluBirD252, interesting request. Meditite is definitely not seen a lot even though it's powerful, it's just so slow. Of course, webs seemed to make sense. Here's what we came up with.

Firstly, Smeargle runs the standard SR, SW and DV. We replaced Taunt with Explosion because you'll be putting your opposing hazard removers to sleep anyway. Explosion gets off chip damage and breaks sashes. It also gives a nice safe switch in to a wallbreaker. For Meditite, we changed Ice Punch to Thunder Punch to better threaten defensive Pelipper, as you ideally don't want to let that thing get off a free defog. During testing, we noticed a big weakness to opposing webs teams, as well as to Pawniard due to the fact that it gets +2 attack boost after the speed drop. Our own Pawniard is the answer to this, as it can check opposing webs teams, and take on other Pawniards with the use of Brick Break. Brick Break can also be used to hit Probopass for more damage.

As with any webs team, you're gonna want a spinblocker so Cryogonal and Armaldo can't freely spin to get rid of the hazards. Dual Status + Taunt Misdreavus was added here because TWave and Wisp support for the rest of the team is rather useful. Hex does pretty good damage to anything that doesnt resist it, so it's not like it's passive either. Misdreavus also checks Chatot which can give webs teams some trouble. Next mon added was Zebstrika, with its useful Electric immunity and ability to revenge kill, pivot and threaten slower electric weak mons. Lastly, Scarfed Grumpig was added as a Combusken answer and decent Rotom-F + Monferno answer. Trick is also handy to cripple annoying defensive walls that may be difficult to get rid of.

So that's the team! Remember the objective of the team is to set up hazards, make sure they stay up with the use of Taunt, and by threatening defoggers and spinners out with wallbreakers. (It might be handy to note that Banded HJK OHKOs Lumineon -- this means it can't freely defog on you!) Once walls have been broken, clean with Grumpig,
Zebstrika and priority with Pawniard if necessary.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-513903776 (here you can see we were testing Rampardos on the team, but Meditite picks up a number of kills regardless.)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-514241029

Shedinja Balance for askov

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Rest
- Scald

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flamethrower / Toxic
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake

Muk @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Fire Punch
- Poison Jab

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor / Synthesis
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Golem @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Hey askov, sorry for the rather long delay. We fulfilled your request of Shedinja and Prinplup, but the team is more of a semistall/bulky balance build. Hope that's OK since stall without Quag is a bit less effective anyways

So the team started out with Shedinja; we didn't change the sets here. Prinplup has Rest over Signal Beam, however, so it can have more longevity paired with a cleric, as you requested. Defensive Altaria was a great partner as it takes on grass types, Monferno, Pawniard and is pretty good right now. Standard Phys Def with Heal Bell and Toxic helps it stall, heal and take care of status such as Prinplup and Muk's sleep. Next mon fulfills the win condition request, and pairs well with Altaria. Specially Defensive Curse Muk blanket checks special attackers such as Rotom-Frost, Zebstrika, Simisage, and many others. It's effective mid game too, as throwing out Poison Jabs even to resists can result in a poison, and thus you can wear them down more quickly. At this point, the team strays away from the hard stall build, and more into a balance build. Choice Band Golem is effective due to the fact that it wallbreaks things that the other 4 members may not be able to do, and is able to check flying types, normal types and electric types. Banded Sucker Punch is also nice vs some frailer offensive teams. Choice Scarf Leafeon was added as a revenge killer, as otherwise you'll be left unable to KO threatening fast threats and forced to take a heavy hit just to dish the KO. Leafeon patched up a ground weakness and is overall just a solid scarfer atm.

Tips on using this team: play your Golem aggresively. The team really likes it when Golem can nab 2 or 3 kills via solid prediction, i.e: Fire Punching an Altaria with a Bronzor in the back. See if Shedinja is necessary to keep for the late game, or can be sacrificed. If it is not absolutely needed, then try to get off a Wisp, pivot around and do as much damage as you can. Be careful of Resting too much, as it can lose you lot's of momentum from having to switch out, Heal Belling and such. Regardless, hope you enjoy!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-516093752
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-516515363

Last edited:
First off, a thanks to 2xTheTap for letting me build with him and the shop.

Drifblim Offense for Take Azelfie

Drifblim @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 8 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 40 SpD / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Rest

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

Electrode @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gabite @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Hi Take Azelfie, neat choice of core. This core screams offense, which Calm Mind Drifblim cleaning up late game via Resting off damage and boosting its speed. Unfortunately, there are a number of special walls or simply just tanks that stop it cold. Therefore, we need to get rid of these checks/counters.

First thing we added was the Monferno and made it Jolly U-Turn so it could pivot in on counters and out to something that immediately threatens the counter. Paired with Monferno was Spikes + 3 Attacks Cacturne which serves as triple purpose: Pseudo-Water check, spike stacking and special tank lure. Currently the two mons lack a switch in to water type moves, so Water Absorb Cacturne is a nice way of taking on a water type by predicting a water attack and threatening them out with a Life Orb Sucker Punch. Spikes stacking was important because we wanted Drifblim's checks not named Audino to get slowly chipped so they become in range of the sweep. Since physical Cacturne is not as common as Special Biased nowadays, this set may catch some SpDef Clefairies off guard, as well as unsuspecting Audinos which get hit with a Superpower. Remember that altho Monferno also takes on Audino, Audino simply switches out, so you must keep in mind that maintaining offensive momentum is important.

At this point, we needed a Stealth Rocker which could take on Psychics, Flyings and Ice. Metang fit the bill due to the unpassive nature and due to Pursuit, which can get rid of things like Scarf Mr. Mime, Grumpig and other severely weakened mons that may try to switch. Taunt Electrode was the next mon to be on the team, as it further helped vs Chatot, but it also prevents things like SpDef Clefairy from recovering. It also forms a nice VoltTurn core with Monferno and is one of this team's form of speed control. Here, the last mon, which may seem mediocre, was one that suprised the most during testing. Sure, it's this team's "electric immunity", but it's main purpose was as a secondary form of speed control and as a nice surprise factor vs threats that may stay in because they think they outspeed. Don't be afraid to switch this in aggresively (if it helps maintain offensive momentum) to, say, a Zebstrika's Volt Switch and KO with EQ back.

When the opposing team is weakened, Calm Mind Drifblim is ready to sweep. Make sure you remove or cripple in some way shape or form, opposing Ice, Rock and Electric types. That'll make it even easier to sweep. Remember to set up a Calm Mind on things that can't KO you, then Rest to get the speed boost. Also remember, this is offense so it's not supposed to exactly be switching around to counters but rather should be attacking and weakening things.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-513886952
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-514244968

Meditite Webs Offense for BluBirD252

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Dark Void
- Explosion

Meditite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Brick Break
- Iron Head

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Hex

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Grumpig @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Hi BluBirD252, interesting request. Meditite is definitely not seen a lot even though it's powerful, it's just so slow. Of course, webs seemed to make sense. Here's what we came up with.

Firstly, Smeargle runs the standard SR, SW and DV. We replaced Taunt with Explosion because you'll be putting your opposing hazard removers to sleep anyway. Explosion gets off chip damage and breaks sashes. It also gives a nice safe switch in to a wallbreaker. For Meditite, we changed Ice Punch to Thunder Punch to better threaten defensive Pelipper, as you ideally don't want to let that thing get off a free defog. During testing, we noticed a big weakness to opposing webs teams, as well as to Pawniard due to the fact that it gets +2 attack boost after the speed drop. Our own Pawniard is the answer to this, as it can check opposing webs teams, and take on other Pawniards with the use of Brick Break. Brick Break can also be used to hit Probopass for more damage.

As with any webs team, you're gonna want a spinblocker so Cryogonal and Armaldo can't freely spin to get rid of the hazards. Dual Status + Taunt Misdreavus was added here because TWave and Wisp support for the rest of the team is rather useful. Hex does pretty good damage to anything that doesnt resist it, so it's not like it's passive either. Misdreavus also checks Chatot which can give webs teams some trouble. Next mon added was Zebstrika, with its useful Electric immunity and ability to revenge kill, pivot and threaten slower electric weak mons. Lastly, Scarfed Grumpig was added as a Combusken answer and decent Rotom-F + Monferno answer. Trick is also handy to cripple annoying defensive walls that may be difficult to get rid of.

So that's the team! Remember the objective of the team is to set up hazards, make sure they stay up with the use of Taunt, and by threatening defoggers and spinners out with wallbreakers. (It might be handy to note that Banded HJK OHKOs Lumineon -- this means it can't freely defog on you!) Once walls have been broken, clean with Grumpig,
Zebstrika and priority with Pawniard if necessary.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-513903776 (here you can see we were testing Rampardos on the team, but Meditite picks up a number of kills regardless.)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-514241029

Shedinja Balance for askov

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Rest
- Scald

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flamethrower / Toxic
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake

Muk @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Fire Punch
- Poison Jab

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor / Synthesis
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Golem @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Hey askov, sorry for the rather long delay. We fulfilled your request of Shedinja and Prinplup, but the team is more of a semistall/bulky balance build. Hope that's OK since stall without Quag is a bit less effective anyways

So the team started out with Shedinja; we didn't change the sets here. Prinplup has Rest over Signal Beam, however, so it can have more longevity paired with a cleric, as you requested. Defensive Altaria was a great partner as it takes on grass types, Monferno, Pawniard and is pretty good right now. Standard Phys Def with Heal Bell and Toxic helps it stall, heal and take care of status such as Prinplup and Muk's sleep. Next mon fulfills the win condition request, and pairs well with Altaria. Specially Defensive Curse Muk blanket checks special attackers such as Rotom-Frost, Zebstrika, Simisage, and many others. It's effective mid game too, as throwing out Poison Jabs even to resists can result in a poison, and thus you can wear them down more quickly. At this point, the team strays away from the hard stall build, and more into a balance build. Choice Band Golem is effective due to the fact that it wallbreaks things that the other 4 members may not be able to do, and is able to check flying types, normal types and electric types. Banded Sucker Punch is also nice vs some frailer offensive teams. Choice Scarf Leafeon was added as a revenge killer, as otherwise you'll be left unable to KO threatening fast threats and forced to take a heavy hit just to dish the KO. Leafeon patched up a ground weakness and is overall just a solid scarfer atm.

Tips on using this team: play your Golem aggresively. The team really likes it when Golem can nab 2 or 3 kills via solid prediction, i.e: Fire Punching an Altaria with a Bronzor in the back. See if Shedinja is necessary to keep for the late game, or can be sacrificed. If it is not absolutely needed, then try to get off a Wisp, pivot around and do as much damage as you can. Be careful of Resting too much, as it can lose you lot's of momentum from having to switch out, Heal Belling and such. Regardless, hope you enjoy!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-516093752
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-516515363
I Love the meditite team a lot.
Thanks man.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Large post incoming! I built Shedinja Offense, Rampardos Offense, and Fire Monkey Gaming with Slowbroth, as well as the above teams, so big thanks to him for helping me get through the remainder of these requests. Still have a couple left, but all should be done soon (PM me if you haven't gotten yours - I know we still have a Duosion team to get out for Haxophobic).
Can I request a team built around Monferno and Simisear? they are both potent mons in the PU metagame and are very versitile. I don't really know what else to say other than that because I don't care about specific sets.
Sup H0W3AN - built you double monkey. The team basically addresses both Simisear's and Monferno's weaknesses - faster Water-types (Floatzel, Simipour, Basculin, Swanna), bulky Water-types (Lumineon, Pelipper, Politoed, Lapras), and other Fire resists (Altaria, Grumpig, Rapidash, Ninetales, Gabite, Vibrava). Both teams use Baton Pass / Volt Switch / U-Turn cores as a means to bring Monferno and Simisear onto the field safely, given that Simisear in particular lacks the bulk to provide really any defensive synergy to these kinds of teams.

FIRE MONKEY GAMING

Monferno and Simisear form a nice Fire spam core together, and basically weaken each other's counters. I used mixed Simisear for Hidden Power Ice to take care of Vibrava, Altaria, and Gabite for Monferno, with Knock Off weakening Grumpig significantly for Monferno. Focus Blast hits Politoed and Lumineon hard too, while LO Jolly U-Turn Monferno breaks down Grumpig for Simisear, as well as beats Sucker Punch users like Pawniard, Mawile, and Cacturne that can overcome Simisear's poor bulk. Monferno also breaks down fat Normal-types for Simisear, especially those that have enough Special Defense to stomach a LO Fire Blast, like AV Bouffalant and Audino. Momentum into Simisear is not hard to obtain on either version with Lumineon + Zebstrika + BP Leafeon forming a fast/slow, tri-VoltTurn core. On the second team, you have the same with Lumineon + Rotom-F + CB Klang, so Simisear is quite easy to bring onto the field with both teams.

I added Lumineon first, as Simisear is often whittled down too quickly with a combination of SR and Life Orb recoil. It can survive one or two hits, but not if it's been taken down to 75% or lower by just Stealth Rock. In addition to providing Defog support (which also helps keep Golem's Sturdy in tact if you need it), Lumineon acts as an important Water immunity to Floatzel, which would otherwise be tough to deal with given you have Golem + 2 slower Fire-types. I used Hidden Power Electric as a lure to Water-types not named Lapras, and you'll often KO them with a +1 (Storm Drain) HP Electric after you've switched into a Scald or w/e. Removing Pelipper and Swanna in this manner makes it so Monferno loses some of its checks and counters, which improves its cleaning potential greatly. Lumineon + Monferno protect Golem, Zebstrika, Simisear, and Leafeon from Cacturne by either clicking U-Turn or Mach; they also both check Pawniard, which would be difficult for their teammates for the same reason.

From here, the team took two different directions. I first wanted to use Rotom-Frost, given that, outside of Grumpig (which is brought in and weakened via Volt Switch), it absolutely demolishes all of Monferno's and Simisear's counters (i.e. Bolt coverage for Water-types, Beam coverage for defensive Dragon- and Ground-types that can take a hit from both Ferno and Sear). Not only that, but Rotom-F performs optimally with Defog support, so it fit the team well. However, in using Rotom-Frost over other Electric-types like Zebstrika or Electabuzz, you basically are forced to build differently in order to accommodate having no switchin for Jumpluff.

On version 2, I decided to use Klang as a normal resist, an OHKO on Golem through Sturdy (while this version has many Golem checks, there isn't actually an EQ+Stone Edge switchin), to absorb Sleep and basically counter Jumpluff given I was using Rotom-F rather than a different Electric with a sleep immunity like Zebstrika or Electabuzz, and to provide a slow Volt Switch to gain momentum for its teammates. Using Klang at all in this meta is dangerous, so I built a new set with Volt Switch / Sleep Talk / Gear Grind / Frustration that attempts to compress everything Klang can do into one set, while still avoiding Magnet Pull Probopass (this set and spread outspeeds even Timid 252 Probopass and therefore escapes with Volt Switch). This set could use an Eviolite, but CB performed the best during testing.

Rather than using Rotom-F to beat Monferno's and Simisear's counters, I used Sap Sipper Zebstrika to account for Jumpluff on version 1, as well as protect both Golem and Lumineon from Grass-types. This is pretty straightforward, but Hidden Power Ice was chosen as its 4th coverage move for beating Altaria, Vibrava, and Gabite. With Lumineon, Zebstrika, and Scarf Leafeon, Water-types won't have much breathing room (or not enough to mow down both Monferno and Simisear in most cases).

A bulkier Golem was chosen as team 1's SR user, and it provides a Volt Stop for Lumineon, as well as a sturdier (no pun intended) switchin for Flying-types for Monferno and Leafeon. Its spread is non-standard; however, I feel this is best for bulky Golem: 16 Def and an Impish nature reach a jump point in Defense; 52 Speed EVs let it outspeed and hit 8 Spe base 50s (so it outspeeds Mawile, speed invested Probopass, Metang) with Earthquake before it's struck; maximum HP investment and the remainder of EVs allocated toward its Special Defense lets it take resisted hits more effectively, like Chatot's Scarf Boomburst.

On version 2, while offensive Klang is pretty cool, it doesn't switch into Normal-types too well. Not only that, but faster Fire-types like Rapidash and bulkier ones like Camerupt were pretty annoying to the team. So, I opted for Gabite as a bulky blanket check to these threats. It has plenty of counterplay for Ice-types here with double Fire-types + Lumineon + Rotom-F, so it performs optimally here with this kind of defensive synergy. I decided to use a specially defensive build to improve my chances against Psyshock Ninetales, Zebstrika, and Camerupt especially, and with just enough Speed for Adamant Pawniard.

Finally, at this point team 1 did not have a Scarfer or a Golem switchin (team 2 had Rotom-F as its Scarf user), so Scarf Leafeon was an easy pick. If Lumineon has been fainted early, you can use this as a surprise check to Floatzel and other fast offensive Water-types. Leaf Blade hits Gabite and Stunfisk hard for Monferno, while Double-Edge + Knock Off is okay for weakening Altaria over the course of a match. In return for breaking down Monferno's defensive answers (as well as checking Water-types), Monferno and Simisear brutalize any defensive Grass-types that would've given Leafeon problems. Monferno also breaks Zweilous for Leafeon, although that's pretty uncommon to be fair.

You should be looking to capitalize on obvious switches via momentum gaining moves on this team: for example, if your opponent is going to switch their Mawile into your Leafeon, simply Baton Pass into Simisear. Or, if your opponent is looking to bring Chinchou in on Zebstrika, hard switch to Leafeon. This is pretty much built with my personal style of play in mind, so I focused more on momentum and some element of defensive synergy over pure Hyper Offense. I hope you enjoy the teams!

Monferno @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Simisear @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Toxic
- Scald
- Defog

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 192 SpD / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade

Monferno @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Simisear @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald
- Defog

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Klang @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Volt Switch
- Gear Grind
- Sleep Talk
- Frustration

Gabite @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Beam

(I'm not fluent on english, so sorry if i do some mistakes)
I want to start playing more offensive on PU, and who's better to this than the tier Pokémon with the highest attack stat?
I haven't never seen a trick room team with Rampardos in PU, but, i don't know, i can try. Also, i would thank if the team is the most offensive possible. Feel free to change Evs, itens and attacks, this is just a base set.

Thank you ><​
Hey Fuladono - Slowbroth and I built you Rampardos Offense. You'll basically be pivoting around until you find a chance to get Rampardos in, but when you finally do, it just wreaks havoc. We used a set with 4 attacks, but still gave it the potential to use Swords Dance via Baton Pass from Mawile. U-Turn Jumpluff, CB Monferno, and Scarf Floatzel all break well with SD from Mawile too, so it's a fun way to play this team if you end up going that route.

I built a second version of this with Dundies, which is a lot bulkier and has a more dedicated switchin to Golem in Synthesis Leafeon. It also gave up on using Zebstrika as a Water check and Electric immunity in favor of checking threats like Rotom-F by using CroMuk. Coincidentally, you don't need Zebstrika for opposing Jumpluff if you already have a sleep absorb in Muk, and you also wouldn't need Lightning Rod if you have a Golem.

Rampardos Offense

This is a pretty neat team that is great at bringing in Rampardos off of a momentum-grabbing move, such that it'll always be breaking something slow (especially in matches against fat balance builds, where its matchup is obviously advantageous). Rampardos however is very weak defensively - not only does it offer very little defensive utility because of its poor bulk, it's also pretty slow, which equates to it being checked by anything faster with super effective coverage. It's susceptible to Will-O-Wisp too, so our teams focused on alleviating these shortcomings.

To start, I wanted a means of bringing in Rampardos safely, as well as something that would resist its weaknesses to Grass / Ground / Water. Jumpluff was perfect for this, so it really serves 3 functions here: 1) Checks Grass-types outside of fully defensive Tangela and Gourgeist-XL via Acrobatics and typing 2) Brings Rampardos safely in via Memento, U-Turn, or putting fat Flying resists to sleep (think Probopass, Mawile, etc.) 3) It can switch directly into Leafeon, as well as predicted Water attacks on Rampardos' behalf (provided they're slower). Jumpluff will almost always bring in Vullaby, which you can simply U-Turn on into Rampardos. Similarly, Sleep Powder will bring out your opponent's CroMuk if they have one, which lets you U-Turn into Rampardos again. You can do the same exact thing with Zebstrika: you can bait your opponent's Electric immunity via threat of Volt Switch (ex. Chinchou, Golem, Stunfisk, w/e), and then hard switch into Rampardos for the kill.

Next, I wanted some kind of immunity to burn, as well as something that would break down other Rampardos checks like Monferno; Floatzel fit the bill nicely here. I originally went for Huntail (which is effective with Memento Jumpluff), but the team was kind of slow pre-setup, and Huntail + Rampardos doesn't quite allow for a Scarfer to be used with the setup we had (unless you Scarfed Zebstrika). In reverse, Rampardos wallbreaks for physical Floatzel, Jumpluff, Zebstrika, and Monferno: it simply clicks Ice Beam on Vibrava for Monferno, Rock Slide on Pelipper for Floatzel, Earthquake on Stunfisk and Camerupt after a small amount of chip for Monferno and Zebstrika, etc.

Zebstrika was an obvious fit here, as we needed a fast Floatzel check (especially given Jumpluff cannot switch into that) and an Electric immunity. You'll be cleaning and hard switching with Zebstrika more than you'll be clicking Volt Switch here, so a set with Substitute and Toxic is a possibility for dodging Cacturne's Sucker Punch. Hidden Power Grass is important for breaking Golem on the switch, but HP Ice is still an option for Altaria, which the team can struggle with sometimes (EQ variants check Rampardos, unfortunately, but defensive Flamethrower sets lose to Rampardos, so you just have to scout Altaria's set with team 1).

With Rampardos, you basically don't have a normal resist despite its Rock typing due to its poor bulk, so we added a Mawile to account for weaknesses to Stoutland, Dodrio, Leafeon, and other Jumpluff without simply needing to revenge kill them each time they scored a KO. SD Pass Mawile is here to 1) Supply Knock Off 2) Set Stealth Rock 3) Slowpass out into Rampardos, so that Rampardos can break the opposing team without having to switch into an attack directly / revenge kill something slow 4) Pass out Swords Dance to the rest of the team, assuming you weren't using STAB at all.

Finally, CB Jolly Monferno rounds out the first team. Threats like Cacturne, Pawniard, and Scarf Rotom-Frost were truly annoying to deal with, but this team uses any momentum it gains to bring Rampardos in, not necessarily to setup with Monferno. So, we wanted that initial power instead of Swords Dance, which meant LO or CB. CB Mach OHKOes Pawn and Cacturne, and Rotom-F (if it has about 10% chip and assuming Stealth Rock is up).

The second version takes the team's overall bulk up a level, with Yache + Synthesis Leafeon acting as a dedicated switchin against Ground-types not named Camerupt, which supports Monferno and Rampardos well against threats like Gabite and Stunfisk, for example. Similarly, this Leafeon provides Muk with a safe switch out of Golem, which is commonly used to switch into and break CroMuk. Monferno is using Jolly U-Turn, which when used in combination with Muk, weakens Grumpig to the point it can no longer break Muk down with Specs, CM, or Taunt sets.

Special Scarf Modest BP Floatzel supports its teammates by breaking down checks to the rest of the team: it beats most of the Steel-types that Muk needs gone, checks any Ground-type with either Ice Beam or Hydro Pump for Muk and Monferno, weakens defensive Grass-types with Ice Beam for Leafeon (Rampardos does the same too with its own SF LO Ice Beam), etc. Finally, its Baton Pass brings in predictable Water switchins, like Politoed and Yache Leafeon, which you can beat with your own Leafeon or Monferno, respectively. Conversely, specially offensive Floatzel is broken by threats like Audino, Chinchou, Regice, AV Bouffalant, all of which are beaten by Monferno and Rampardos or used as setup fodder by CroMuk. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the teams!

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Memento / Seed Bomb
- U-turn
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Floatzel @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Frustration

Mawile @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Swords Dance

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Monferno @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Floatzel @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Baton Pass
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Muk @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Poison Jab

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

I would really like a hazard stacking team base around Choice band Floatzel, Roselia, and Camerupt in order to form a fire,water,grass core that wears down the opponent in order for Floatzel to clean late game. I would really appreciate your help since I'm new to the tier and find it difficult to build a team in.

Floatzel:Item:choice band
Ability:Water Veil
EVs: 252 atk / 252 spe /4 def
Jolly Nature
-waterfall
-ice punch
-aqua jet
-frustration

Roselia:Item:eviolite
Ability:Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 def / 224 SpD
Calm Nature
-spikes
-giga drain
-sludge bomb
-synthesis

Camerupt:Item:leftovers
Ability:Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-lava plume
-earth power
-toxic
-stealth rock
Hey, Stacy Ritter - I built two versions of balance with the FWG core you requested: with Roselia taking on many defensive answers to Floatzel, I used its Toxic Spikes to wear down Floatzel's checks and counters (e.g. Zebstrika, Tangela, Politoed, Lumineon, Servine, etc.). On this same team, you'll find a second balance core of Scarf Adamant Floatzel + SDpass defensive Mawile, which allows Floatzel to clean effectively once Toxic Spikes have done their job. On the second version, I tried to stay as true to your request as possible with LO Floatzel and a different Choice Scarf user; I wanted priority with a few of the members being fairly slow, something to deter Toxic Spikes from being removed via Defog, and a way for you to work around all of the ProboMuk cores running rampant on the ladder, which meant using SD Low Kick Pawniard on the second version. Hope you enjoy!

FWG Balance

To start, Floatzel does exceedingly well when you have dedicated switchins to the tier's Electric-types, as well as ways to weaken or remove its checks and counters outright, and your starting core did just that. For example, Zebstrika checks Floatzel, yet does nothing to SpDef Camerupt except for rare Hidden Power Water variants. Rotom-F and Electrode find themselves doing about the same amount of damage, with only LO Modest variants of Rotom-F being able to break through Camerupt and Electrode being able to Toxic on the switch at best (or preventing Rocks via Taunt and hard-switching out). As far as Water resists go, Roselia beats any defensive answers your opponent typically may have to physical Floatzel, save certain variants of Leafeon. To exemplify that idea, Gourgeist-XL, Servine, Tangela, Lumineon, Gogoat, Politoed, Cacturne, Lapras, etc., all despise being afflicted with Toxic or have a hard time switching into Roselia's dual STABs (or both). Roselia is running enough Speed as a precaution against Adamant 252 Spe Golem, should one of your other Golem checks be fainted early.

While this was a nice starting point, there were many other resistances still lacking; Roselia is also fairly flimsy on the physical end of the spectrum and cannot switch into Ground attacks (outside of Stunfisk's Earth Power) like other pure Grass-types in PU can (Quilladin, Leafeon, Gogoat, Tangela, Gourgeist-XL to list a few). At the same time, I didn't want to use a second Grass-type for switching into Golem, as that would've exacerbated a weakness to Fire-types, so I used bulky HexWisp Misdreavus here instead. Not only does it switch into Golem's EQ via Levitate, but it also protects hazards via its Ghost typing (blocks Rapid Spin) and Taunt (prevents Defog), so as to preserve Camerupt's SR and Roselia's Toxic Spikes. Additionally, it pressures opposing defoggers by either paralyzing them or hitting them with Dazzling Gleam, which improves your matchup against other balance builds. Hex Misdreavus is nice here, as it receives a significant damage boost to Hex because of Toxic Spikes, Camerupt's Lava Plume, and its own status(es). Dazzling Gleam is more effective against things like Cacturne, Vullaby, Vibrava, Altaria, Gabite, and gives you a way to hit Normal-types like Chatot, while Thunder Wave gives you a much better chance against Rapidash and LO Mr. Mime, both of which are fairly threatening to the team. I found both options effective in testing, hence the slashes in the importable.

With Toxic Spikes being used (no need for Toxic really), I opted out for Hidden Power Ice on your Camerupt set, so as to not allow Altaria in for free. It is also running enough Speed for uninvested Golem, as well as other slow threats like other Camerupt, Stunfisk, and so on. Protect is a viable option over HP Ice with Toxic Spikes being in effect, but Altaria's defensive answers here are pretty limited with all variants carrying either Flamethrower or Fire Blast for Mawile, and forcing me to revenge kill it with Floatzel. Dazzling Gleam Misdreavus helps against that, but I felt fairly weak to it, hence HP Ice. HP Ice Camerupt + Toxic Spikes is an excellent combination in general, as the only things that don't mind Toxic Spikes are flyers (HP Ice hits nearly all of them) / Steel- and Poison-types, which are both hit hard by its Ground- and Fire-type STAB moves.

With specially defensive Roselia and Camerupt covering a myriad of specially offensive threats, and Camerupt acting as a Volt Switch stop, I was free to pick a physically defensive normal resist without needing to look to Golem in order to account for offensive monsters like Stoutland, Dodrio, Jumpluff, Leafeon, and Ursaring. At the same time, I wanted to capitalize on the majority of Floatzel's checks and counters being weakened or KOed via Toxic Spikes, so I settled on SDPass defensive Mawile to enhance Floatzel's cleaning capabilities. Muk is fairly threatening to this team if it sets up, and Mawile fainting too early by falling victim to Probopass' Magnet Pull often precedes that, so I used Shed Shell to escape trappers in order to improve the team's chances against ProboMuk cores. With Camerupt and Mawile together, Mawile covers physical Waters on Camerupts behalf, while using SR on Camerupt prevents Mawile from being too overloaded (with SR and SDPass, it often doesn't get to do both of these things in a match due to its lack of recovery). Camerupt, Altaria, Roselia, and Floatzel all provide Mawile with burn immunities to fall back on in double Natural Cure/Fire typing/Water Veil, which is pretty nice. Lastly, Mawile provides utility to the team in Knock Off, weakening defensive threats like Bronzor for the team if Misdreavus is down.

Last but not least, I chose Altaria as a secondary wincon in case SDpass from Mawile to Floatzel wasn't feasible in certain matchups, as well as glue to patch up my remaining weakness to Monferno (Altaria also helps greatly against Pawniard and Leafeon, which the rest of the team sometimes struggle against. The set is standard, and outspeeds Zebstrika at +1 Speed. Alternatively, A bulkier spread can be used and is especially effective when Toxic Spikes are in play. You can also mess around with Fire Blast to help Roselia take on physically defensive Grass-types for Floatzel (as well as Steel-types), but I had Camerupt already and thought it might be redundant here.

On the second team I chose Pawniard as my normal resist, due to how effective in the meta it is currently. It takes advantage of ProboMuk cores that may attempt to trap it via Magnet Pull by instead hitting Probopass with Low Kick; its bulky spread allows it to survive the 2HKO from Stoutland's CB Frustration and switch into Leafeon more effectively too, while still outspeeding Adamant Golem. Low Kick hits the things that Iron Head would've, outside of Clefairy and Articuno in exchange for not being trapped. With so many switchins for burn-inducing moves, the team's defensive synergy allows it to function optimally here.

Floatzel is using CB here as well, and given many options to pressure Water-types on Floatzel's behalf with Roselia and Rotom-S, TrickBand was a nice option to disable opposing walls. However, if you choose to forgo Switcheroo in favor of Frustration (which is perfectly fine), then you'd use Trick on Rotom-S instead. I left it this way, as Rotom-S lures Golem with HP Water, and that's important given the team doesn't actually have a switch-in for EQ+Stone Edge on version 2. Rotom-S was chosen for a few reasons: other Scarf users like Leafeon, Rotom-F, Sawsbuck would've compounded a fire weakness, which would enable Monferno to do too much here, especially if SR were up to weaken Altaria. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the team(s)!

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Altaria @ Yache Berry
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Floatzel @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Frustration
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Mawile @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave / Dazzling Gleam
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 212 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Altaria @ Yache Berry
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Floatzel @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo / Frustration
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt

Requesting Shedinja + Prinplup Stall

+

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Signal Beam / Ice Beam
- Scald

I always liked Shedinja Stall, so I wanted to try it on lower tiers. Prinplup is a good partner to Shedinja because it provides hazard control, have decent defensive synergy with Shedinja and have good match-up against most of hazard setters. Shedinja set is pretty standard, Ice Beam/Signal Beam on Prinplup to hit grass types on the switch (mainly Cacturne, which destroys this core). I would like a win condition and a cleric on this team, if possible. Feel free to change the sets.
Sup askov - this team request was so late, that I don't feel like posting two versions is quite enough! Sorry about that - but, we eventually got to it, and the team I built with Slowbroth yielded two versions, one slightly more oriented toward bulky offense/semi-stall, and the second toward offense. I'm posting the latter; you'll notice the team starts becoming more offensive with the additions of Arbok and Rapidash. Arbok is actually quite nice for weakening Stealth Rockers to the point they no longer have enough steam to set up SR. Rapidash on the other hand is effective in checking Pokemon that are able to break Shedinja's Focus Sash, like Pawniard, Leafeon, Articuno, Swanna, Knock Off Mawile, Simisage/pour/sear, etc.

Shedinja Offense

Slowbroth covered how Shedinja and Prinplup work together well already, so I'll just talk about the other 4 members and the movesets here - Shedinja is using Sucker Punch as a means to hit Normal types that don't fear Wisp or X-Scissor. You can click X-Scissor into a Sucker Punch for some nice chip on most Pokemon, which when combined with burns being spread by Prinplup's Scald and Rapidash's Flame Body and/or Wisp, and Golem's wallbreaking abilities, Scarf Leafeon is normally poised to clean the other team late-game. Rather than using Altaria as the the team's Grass resist in version 1, I went with Arbok + Rapidash, hence the two directions of each team.

Arbok not only absorbs Toxic Spikes for Shedinja should they be seen, but it's also a nice way to lure in and break most of the tier's SR users. Additionally, its STAB Gunk Shot overpowers all Grass-types outside of Jumpluff so that Leafeon can clean; I got creative here and tested out Shed Skin, which was actually pretty nice for hard switching into status from opposing Grass-types. Intimidate can still be used to set up Coil more effectively, but then again, that makes Pawniard slightly more difficult with Intimidate inadvertently activating its Defiant.

Rapidash covers physical attackers like Pawniard and Mawile with Flame Body, Wisp, and reliable recovery, while also checking SubWisp Rotom-F for the team. Like Arbok, it pressures SR users, regardless of whether you're using Drill Run or Wisp to do so. Its Speed tier allows it to check many things that Shedinja hates, like Mawile, Pawniard, Swanna, Ninetales, Simipour, Dodrio, Leafeon, Simisear (if Drill Run), Cacturne, etc. An accidental Fire-Water-Grass core was formed between Prinplup, Scarf Leafeon, and standard Rapidash; every one of them helps prevent SR from going up, with Leafeon's Bullet Seed checking Golem, lead Rampardos, and Smeargle early-game and generally providing a switch-in to SR users like Golem (EQ only) and Stunfisk.

Golem provided a much needed Flying resist, some strong priority in a second Sucker Punch, a Volt stop for when Shedinja is hit supereffectively by a second move from the tier's various Electric-types (ex. Zebstrika's Overheat). I felt like the team did well enough against Vibrava in testing, as Shedinja walls that and prevents U-Turn from working via Wonder Guard, so rather than using Explosion on CB Golem to OHKO that, I instead opted out for Fire Punch to 2HKO Bronzor before it was able to get up SR (as that's quite popular in the meta at the moment).

The team is pretty effective at breaking down SR users on Shedinja's behalf; with Arbok and Rapidash bringing them in and pressuring them, Prinplup handling the likes of Gabite and Camerupt (not to mention removing SR outright), and Bullet Seed Leafeon beating SR leads like Golem, Sash Rampardos, and Smeargle early-game, Shedinja should be around for the long haul despite it only having 1 HP. Hope you enjoy the team, and sorry again for the wait!

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Toxic
- Scald

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Ability: Flame Body
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run / Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Shed Skin
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Coil
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Golem @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Can i request a team (balance or bulky offence if possible) around lo swana and sub roost cuno,
thx

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Roost

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
Requesting A Balance Offense Team with Probopass + Muk and/or Clefairy AND a Chinchou core (Chinchou + Something Else) Thanks!
Hey Boyeraj17 and Itz Wilski - I combined your requests (Itz Wilski's SubRoost Cunno + Swanna / Boyeraj's ProboMuk + Chinchou core) all in the same team together. It actually came together surprisingly coherently. Probopass's Magnet Pull provides both Muk and Articuno with a reliable means of removing Steel-types for each of them, which lets them go on the offensive late-game. I also got tired of Hurricanes missing during testing, as double Hurricane can be quite risky, so I innovated a bit and used Rain Dance Pivot Chinchou. Enjoy!

Pseudo Rain

Not going to lie; while this team looks sort of weird on paper, it was the most cohesive with each member providing a ton of support to its teammates, rather than just a group of strong, standalone Pokemon haphazardly grouped together. I first started with Itz Willski's request, with Articuno + Swanna. Swanna provides nice resists to Fire and Steel for Articuno, as well as Defog to prevent SR from taking half of Articuno's HP each switchin, while in return, Articuno can pressure many of the Water-types that Swanna has a hard time getting around due to many of them carrying Hidden Power Electric. Opposing Chinchou also counter Swanna, which Articuno can pressure quite easily via super effective STAB coverage and reliable recovery.

From here, I noticed how badly Regice and Rotom-F beat these two and built with a hard counter to each in mind: my own Chinchou. Chinchou counters other Electrics that give both birds a hard time, like Zebstrika, Electabuzz, Electrode, Rotom-S, etc. Volt Switch lets you pivot into Articuno or Swanna and in turn preserves their HP. It's also running a bit of Speed, so rather than being forced out of Golem, you can Scald if you know you're fighting Adamant variants (not Jolly). If you didn't want to risk it, there is always switching into Leafeon directly too. Rain Dance Chinchou is something I recently came up with and its synergistic effects tie the team together well: it reduces how much Fire damage Articuno and Leafeon take, it allows Swanna to absorb status via Hydration, it makes Articuno's and Swanna's Hurricanes 100% accurate, and it powers up Swanna's and Chinchou's Scalds.

Why Heal Bell on Chinchou? I'm basically using it for waking up Muk early - it works well with or without Sleep Talk on Muk, but Fire Punch is an option over Sleep Talk that allows Muk to lure Steels like Metang, Mawile, Probopass, Bronzor, etc. for Articuno. Heal Bell also prevents Leafeon from being ruined by burns (either stray Scald burns or being hit by WoW directly). Muk's Sticky Hold is invaluable here, as it allows Chinchou to avoid being crippled by Rotom-F's TrickScarf Set. Together with Chinchou and Probopass, there's enough special bulk on the team to prevent your birds from dying to Electric-types.

Probopass is here to provide a switchin to physically offensive Flying-types like Jumpluff and Dodrio, a soft check to Normal-types locked into STAB coverage (Chatot, CB Stoutland), a slow Volt Switch that allows Swanna and Cuno to come in safely (as well as form a momentum core with Leafeon and Chinchou), Stealth Rock to whittle down switchins, and most importantly, to trap opposing Steel-types for Articuno and Muk. You can run a different spread if you'd like, but I thought having enough bulk for Mawile and Pawniard was important, especially given Leafeon is your cleaner on this team. Probopass's set is variable, and you can creep opposing Probopass if you'd like. Flash Cannon is also usable over Power Gem for Clefairy and Golem, but Power Gem hits Rotom-F, Dodrio, Jumpluff, and Fire-types other than Monferno and Camerupt harder.

Lastly, Leafeon provides utility in Knock Off, a Ground resist for Golem, momentum to take advantage of the switches that it often forces (for example, you can click Baton Pass if you predict Mawile coming in, and bring in Probopass to trap that in response), and it can revenge kill any speedy Water-types that might be trying to take advantage of Chinchou's Rain Dance. Most of (if not all of) Leafeon's offensive checks and defensive answers are destroyed by double bird + Muk + Magnet Pull Probopass, so cleaning with it isn't too hard here. There is also the side benefit of Rain Dance reducing the amount of HP Synthesis recovers, so Pokemon like Gourgeist-XL will struggle to stay healthy as Leafeon is free to just click Knock Off.

All in all, this was a fun team to build, however it is a bit weak to Rapidash if it's carrying Drill Run, as well as Bouffalant (it's hard to break, so you could experiment with Toxic somewhere on this team or Brick Break on Muk), so keep those Pokemon in mind as you play. You could also do something weird, like adding physically defensive Vibrava over Leafeon to maintain a Monferno and Golem switchin, while scarfing the Swanna for maintaining Speed (unorthodox, and it'd leave you weaker to offensive Water-types, but it would achieve nearly the same synergy, Speed of the overall team, and you'd still have Defog with Vibrava there). Enjoy!

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Rain Dance
- Volt Switch
- Scald

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem / Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch

Muk @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Fire Punch / Sleep Talk
- Poison Jab

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Leaf Blade

Last edited:
Hi there! So this is my first foray into the PU metagame.

I want to make a Hyper Offensive Sunny Day Carbink team and I have it partially constructed, but I needed some advice on where to go from what I currently have.

Carbink @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Volbeat @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

I know for sure I want to add in Stoutland (as he probably has the highest viability), and use the 2 sunny day pokemon as cripplers. Thought about adding monferno with Flare Blitz, and Leafeon with Solarbeam, but that's all I really have right now.

Deleted User 350996

Banned deucer.
What about those 2 mons ?

Weepinbell @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder / Growth

>> It's a pretty cool sun sweeper (and that's all it does in PU, to be honest). 85 Spa with LO is cool, and if you run Growth, then it gains +2 (under sun, of course). In anyway, it will be still better than a special Leafeon thanks to its better SpA stat and coverage.

Rapidash @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun

>> I really like Rapidash with Sun weather : a very, very strong Flare Blitz, with a good coverage (fire/electric/ground).
The Groudium Z is optionnal (Charcoal, Lefties, Grassinium Z etc. are other options) as long you got other grass mons to hit them, but basically it allows to hit hard things like Golem.
I guess Z-Wisp is cool too (it gives you an additional +1 Speed and might burn the opponent as usual).

What about those 2 mons ?

Weepinbell @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder / Growth

>> It's a pretty cool sun sweeper (and that's all it does in PU, to be honest). 85 Spa with LO is cool, and if you run Growth, then it gains +2 (under sun, of course). In anyway, it will be still better than a special Leafeon thanks to its better SpA stat and coverage.

Rapidash @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun

>> I really like Rapidash with Sun weather : a very, very strong Flare Blitz, with a good coverage (fire/electric/ground).
The Groudium Z is optionnal (Charcoal, Lefties, Grassinium Z etc. are other options) as long you got other grass mons to hit them, but basically it allows to hit hard things like Golem.
I guess Z-Wisp is cool too (it gives you an additional +1 Speed and might burn the opponent as usual).
I think I'm going to go with Rapidash, and possibly a Bulky Normal Type pokemon like Stoutland. That leaves 2 spots.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi there! So this is my first foray into the PU metagame.

I want to make a Hyper Offensive Sunny Day Carbink team and I have it partially constructed, but I needed some advice on where to go from what I currently have.

Carbink @ Heat Rock
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Volbeat @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

I know for sure I want to add in Stoutland (as he probably has the highest viability), and use the 2 sunny day pokemon as cripplers. Thought about adding monferno with Flare Blitz, and Leafeon with Solarbeam, but that's all I really have right now.
I decided to whip up a Sun team real quick for you. You should note that this is for gen 6, I'm not sure if you wanted a gen 7 speculative team but this thread is for gen 6 only (yCocokie's suggestion had Z-moves which you seemed to want but I can't offer any of that unfortunately).
carbink.gif
volbeat.gif
leafeon.gif
weepinbell.gif
rapidash.gif
zweilous.gif

Carbink @ Heat Rock
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Volbeat @ Heat Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Return
- Swords Dance

Weepinbell @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun
- Sunny Day

Zweilous @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Fire Fang
The team doesn't have Stoutland just because I couldn't justify it at all on the build, doesn't have Monferno because it's not good on Sun, and has Leafeon but without Solarbeam. I went on the assumption that the Sun request took priority over the other random requirements that don't really go along with the composition, they seem alright on paper but there's no way to fit some of those mons and Leafeon doesn't benefit from Solar Beam at all. Also replacing Carbink with Golem wouldn't be a terrible idea, but at least that part is relatively harmless.

This is really standard as far as Sun teams go, but as long as you're constraining yourself to 2 setters 2 chlorophyll mons there's not that much room for change. You already gave the 2 setters and Leafeon and Weepinbell are pretty natural sweepers, with Leafeon beating Scarfers and cleaning vs offense and Weepinbell being slower than Scarfers but wallbreaking a lot better. Rapidash is just a good nuke that helps check opposing Fire-types and can act as an emergency Sun setter if need be. Zweilous is a very non-standard last slot and if you really have to this is where you'd put Stoutland (or, more traditionally, Zebstrika), but Sun is stupendously weak to Muk stall and bulky offense builds and Zweilous was the best way to give the team some chance vs them. You have to hit and play it offensively but what they normally carry gets heavily pressured. Fire Fang is cool since it can 2hko SpD Clefairy and Mawile, if it's Phys Def Clef then play super well or something I guess. Sun just isn't a great playstyle right now but if you come accross some basic balance and not Muk stall or some random Chlorophyll Jumpluff it should do alright. I hope this helps, enjoy!

This is gonna be a bad team but requesting a Baton Pass Acupressure Dodtrio offense team
Acupressure Dodrio Offense with Trappers for Funbot28

Dodrio @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acupressure
- Rest
- Toxic / Taunt
- Frustration / Brave Bird

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Grumpig @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Taunt

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Hi Funbot28, I made this fun Dodrio team with Acupressure as requested, but did not include Baton Pass, as Dodrio made better use of the boosts for itself when trying to break down a team.

Firstly we have "bulky" Dodrio with creep for Jolly Leafeons and Max HP and rest in SpDef to help with overall longevity. The cool thing about this Dodrio set is that passive things without Encore or phazing really struggle to break or beat this thing. Basically the idea of the set is to Toxic the opponent for passive damage, then continuously Acupressure on free turns which gives you random stat boosts like Defense and Special Defense (which makes Dodrio surprisingly hard to kill) as well as Attack which is essentially a Swords Dance making Dodrio hit very hard. Then Rest up when getting low. The nice thing about using Rest on Dodrio is that Early Bird allows Dodrio to wake up a turn earlier (only 1 turn staying asleep). Rest is also important as it prevents status from crippling it. Frustration hits everything but Ghosts, which you have Toxic for. [An alternative option to Toxic + Frustration would be Taunt + Brave Bird, which would prevent Encore and Roar, and allows you to hit Ghosts, but loses that passive damage with Toxic.]

The rest of the team is to help Dodrio out, if necessary. (Sometimes, Dodrio isn't even needed to beat an opposing team due to the fact that the other members pull their weight rather well.) Since Dodrio is normally revenge killed by Electrics and walled by Rock types, Trapinch was an effective option to limit these checks by trapping and removing. Similarly, Probopass deals with Steel types that give Dodrio trouble, as Magnet Pull can prevent Steels from switching. You can play around with what moves Probopass has, but I felt Volt Switch / Earth Power / Taunt were the most pertinent because it still allows Probopass to pivot, deal damage to Steels, and prevent set up.

Scarf Grumpig was added as an Ice check, Speed, Monferno check and a psueudo-stop to Duosion. It's also nice for that surprise factor, as most people would rather anticipate a Scarfed Leafeon instead. Leafeon checks Ground types, Rock types and sorta checks Waters with its Yache berry preventing Ice coverage from beating it, once. Synthesis is really nice for longevity since Leafeon will probably switching into certain attacks a lot. Water types are probably the biggest threat to this team, tbh, so play conservatively with Leafeon as well as the next team member in Zebstrika since you dont want it getting too worn down. Zebstrika is a nice cleaner and Floatzel check; it appreciates the things that Trapinch removes (which not only helped Dodrio but also Zeb!), such as Stunfisk, Camerupt and Grumpig.

Again, the team struggles a little bit with fast water types and Monferno, but can be managed with smart play. Hope you enjoy the team overall!

Watch some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-521975696
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-521967877
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-524743718
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-524737186

Hello, I started competitive pokemon gaming a few months ago and I entered a group, where I'm going to be the leader of a normal type gym
The format of battles will ORAS PU, no Megas and no hazards
So, I need a team with 3 normal type and 3 other type pokemon
Could you help me out? I have no idea from where to start
Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad English, I'm from Brazil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)