PU PUPL II Finals [won by Shoegazing Stoutlands]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OP largely stolen from Dell
Banner.jpg

Welcome to The Finals of PUPL II!

The deadline for this week will occur on June 27, 11:30 PM GMT. Extensions can be given, but they must be requested and have a stated time to when the match will occur, and should not be utilized unless it is absolutely necessary. If neither party requests an extension or states when the match will occur, the match will be decided by a coinflip at the deadline. The main source of communication are expected to be from VMs, so make use of those when contacting opponents.

Please save the replays/logs of your matches and post them in this thread or they will be considered null. Not only do they add some enjoyment for the spectators and verify matches, but they can also be used for discussions pertaining to metagame development, among other things.

Managers, if you're issuing substitutes of players, be sure to post here explaining the details and I'll update accordingly. All substitute requests are subject to veto, so bear that in mind.

While not required, it's highly recommended that you submit your teams to me, as they help greatly in dealing with cases where a disconnection occurs.

Shoegazing Stoutlands (4) vs Nimbasa Ninetales (2)
ORAS: amber lamps vs Optical Real
ORAS: HJAD vs Tect
ORAS: cryalot vs MaroGod
ORAS: Teddeh vs Thisbemyalt
XY: Tricking vs Arifeen
BW2: Omfuga vs FLCL

General Rules:
Standard Rules:[/SIZE]
    • All rounds will be best of one.
    • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
    • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss.
    • As there are three metagames being played, the lists and banlists for each can and will vary. Managers are equipped with the resources you will need to make teams, but feel free to also pm Akir if you need any of these resources.
    [/SIZE]
[Clauses:

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
      • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
      • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
      • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
      • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.

[/SIZE]

• Identity: While using an alt to battle is perfectly fine, if I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will take severe actions.
    • Scouting: I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
    • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
    • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, so don't do it.

This is the end, so more than ever:

Good luck to everyone, and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
unbiased predictions from the 4-1 BW PU GOD METABEAST

Shoegazing Stoutlands (3)
vs. Nimbasa Ninetales (3)
ORAS: amber lamps vs Optical Real | this random ass nigga is somehow undefeated, and beat amber lamps earlier in the year. easiest fucking win of his life
ORAS: HJAD vs Tect | i doubt this nigga hjad has improved that much since spl, so im givin the benefit of the doubt to the unknown quantity
ORAS: cryalot vs MaroGod | who the fuck r these ppl. im not bout to look these clowns up. givin the edge to this cryalot dude cuz hes not enough of an egomaniac to put God in his name when hes just some random ass player rofl.
ORAS: Teddeh vs Thisbemyalt | the other guy has the stupidest name ive seen, and teddeh is actually a p solid player from what i've seen. easy wins.
XY: Tricking vs Arifeen | this man been on the grind bro, training every day to master a real metagame like GSC. he's ascended past XY PU, call it a free ass win
BW: Omfuga vs FLCL | two friends, but let's b real here: omfuga's fucking jesus. cant believe this nigga was less than 20k somehow in this auction. swear the rest of the managers r stupid. flcls good but omfugas on another level.

TIEBREAK BECAUSE THIS TOURNAMENT IS STUPID AND ONLY HAS 6 SLOTS LIKE WTF:

Omfuga vs. whatever scrub ass clown the other team sends in

easiest prediction of my life.

I could of won but the scald crit on turn 37 ruined my entire game plan and then the lack of crits from both Dodrio and Monferno which was completely bullshit and ruined the last chance i had of for victory along with the rolls through out ect ect.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pususpecttest-392053115
gg to Cryalot always fun playing against you lad and congratulations to the Stoutlands it was gonna be a close round overall and was fun to finish

sorry to the Ninetales for my failure i must now go commit sudoku per Grims request

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
the reason we lost is not because we had a bad team on paper, it's because we are horrible at predicting. If you look at replays most of the matches we lost were really close, and the ones that weren't decided by hax were decided by a really intense lategame 50-50 which we happened to lose , :[

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
GG Stoutlands :) good series and got surprisingly exciting near the end.

Optical Real Did you even lose a game lol? You were great both in battles and in preparation, real team carrier. Definitely one of the best ORAS PU players out there and one of the most friendly guys I met on PS too.

Tect You really stood out in team preparation more than anyone else, never seen someone counterbuild with so much passion and not even for his own matches haha. You're also pretty good as a player when you don't use random LC mons. Hit me up with another dank PU team to dominate ladder with imo.

MaroGod You did quite well too, shame you got haxed in the final match ;) The fact that you lost with Marowak makes it all good. Play a bit more aggressive though imo.

Arifeen I'm so glad Evan couldn't play week 1 lol, you did very well especially considering you were playing a tier you never played before (i think). Was nice talking and testing with you as well. Bad PS name change though please go back lmao.

Thisbemyalt Sorry you didn't get to play more, you're a great guy and good battler as well. We should battle sometime.

Evan. Man you were great at the beginning, helping out with discord and pointing out team flaws, misplays, etc, and the one time you played you didn't disappoint. Really cool guy, glad to have had you on the team.

Lax Your matches were all a fun watch especially with Tect's team. To be honest I actually had no clue how good you were but I regret nothing.

Shuckleking87 I didn't talk a lot with you but you seem nice, unfortunate that you didn't play.

slurmz Shame you couldn't play when I wanted to sub you in. I feel like you got a bit left out without Discord but you're pretty cool, hope to play you some more :).

Leru 3k steal here. Still no PU knowledge whatsoever but your plays make up for it, I think you can go pretty far actually. Start playing PU !_!

FLCL You literally said nothing but you won a lot so thanks for that lol.

lolbro and r0ady Didn't get to know you a lot but you seem like nice guys from what I saw and the banter on Discord was nice, sorry you didn't get to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)