PU PUPL II Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OP largely stolen from Dell
Banner.jpg

Welcome to Week 2 of PUPL II!

The deadline for this week will occur on May 30, 11:30 PM GMT. No extensions will be given, meaning that coinflips will be issued out in the event that both players make an equal effort to get their matches started. The main source of communication are expected to be from VMs, so make use of those when contacting opponents.

Please save the replays/logs of your matches and post them in this thread or they will be considered null. Not only do they add some enjoyment for the spectators and verify matches, but they can also be used for discussions pertaining to metagame development, among other things.

Managers, if you're issuing substitutes of players, be sure to post here explaining the details and I'll update accordingly. All substitute requests are subject to veto, so bear that in mind.

While not required, it's highly recommended that you submit your teams to me, as they help greatly in dealing with cases where a disconnection occurs.

Olivine Octilleries (3) vs. Lilycove Leafeons (3)
ORAS: passion vs. RawMelon
ORAS: Shadestep vs. Finchinator
ORAS: KJ Corp vs. cityfolk
ORAS: Entei. vs. YABO
XY: rozes vs. teal6
BW2: innovamania vs. Quite Quiet

Nimbasa Ninetales (5) vs Half-Blood Prinplups (1)
ORAS: MaroGod vs. Megazard
ORAS: Optical Real vs. Kaboom
ORAS: Lax vs. Shaneghoul
ORAS: Tect vs. PTF
XY: Arifeen vs. TonyFlygon
BW2: FLCL vs. Hogg

Shoegazing Stoutlands (3) vs Supercilious Swalots (3)
ORAS: HJAD vs. Dundies
ORAS: Teddeh vs. Advantage
ORAS: cryalot vs. Akashi
ORAS: amber lamps vs. p2
XY: Kiyo vs. Kushalos
BW2: Omfuga vs. -Tsunami-

General Rules:

Standard Rules:
  • All rounds will be best of one.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss.
  • As there are three metagames being played, the lists and banlists for each can and will vary. Managers are equipped with the resources you will need to make teams, but feel free to also pm Akir if you need any of these resources.
Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.

• Identity: While using an alt to battle is perfectly fine, if I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, so don't do it.

Good luck to everyone, and have fun!

Last edited:
Olivine Octilleries vs. Lilycove Leafeons
ORAS: lockjaw vs. RawMelon - lockjaw isn't about to lose again O:
ORAS: Shadestep vs. Finchinator - after watching his game this week, he played very well, wanna see more from finch, hopefully he tries
ORAS: KJ Corp vs. cityfolk - my number 2, about to 2-0 n_n
ORAS: Entei. vs. YABO - entei will learn from his mistakes and win imo :)
XY: rozes vs. Imanalt - He's not using magnemite teams :^)
BW2: innovamania vs. Quite Quiet - qq never plays tours ever, i assume that's because people are hiding his raw talent to give everyone else a chance.

Nimbasa Ninetales vs Half-Blood Prinplups
ORAS: MaroGod vs. Megazard - Marogod came out hot last week, whereas mister zard lost... so by records' assumptions, mister marogod will win!
ORAS: Optical Real vs. Kaboom - made dundies look like an amateur last week oo
ORAS: Lax vs. Shaneghoul - shaneCOOL n_n
ORAS: Tect vs. PTF - Tect's gonna bring some weird shit and lose
XY: Arifeen vs. TonyFlygon - tony has the youtube power behind him
BW2: FLCL vs. Hogg - FIRST BLOOD

goo stoutlands :D

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
ORAS: lockjaw vs. RawMelon
ORAS: Shadestep vs. Finchinator
ORAS: KJ Corp vs. cityfolk
ORAS: Entei. vs. YABO
XY: rozes vs. Imanalt
BW2: innovamania vs. Quite Quiet

Nimbasa Ninetales vs Half-Blood Prinplups
ORAS: MaroGod vs. Megazard
ORAS: Optical Real vs. Kaboom
ORAS: Lax vs. Shaneghoul
ORAS: Tect vs. PTF
XY: Arifeen vs. TonyFlygon
BW2: FLCL vs. Hogg

Shoegazing Stoutlands vs Supercilious Swalots
ORAS: HJAD vs. Dundies
ORAS: Teddeh vs. trc
ORAS: cryalot vs. Akashi (who?)
ORAS: amber lamps vs. p2
XY: Kiyo vs. Kushalos
BW2: Omfuga vs. -Tsunami-

Let's go Prinplups

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ORAS: lockjaw vs. RawMelon - lockjaw isn't about to lose again O:
ORAS: MaroGod vs. Megazard - Marogod came out hot last week, whereas mister zard lost... so by records' assumptions, mister marogod will win!
Your plays better be more consistent than your reasoning m8

playing sunday

Last edited:
Teddeh the reason im gonna win is due to haxing Megazard so he has something to complain about :/ get it right.

Shoegazing Stoutlands vs Supercilious Swalots
ORAS: HJAD vs. Dundies - Originator of defensive Machoke will win because HBAD
ORAS: Teddeh vs. trc - Memes and Chinchou and shit
ORAS: cryalot vs. Akashi - His plays will make you cry a lot Akashi
ORAS: amber lamps vs. p2 - hai pee yew
XY: Kiyo vs. Kushalos - Spongebob wont save you from that good kush.
BW2: Omfuga vs. -Tsunami- - Gotta keep the DQ game strong

ORAS: l0ockjaw vs. RawMelon - Stay healthy eat fruit
ORAS: Shadestep vs. Finchinator - Someone has to make Octilleries look good
ORAS: KJ Corp vs. cityfolk - countrypeople
ORAS: Entei. vs. YABO - Another case of i feel bad for Octilleries
XY: rozes vs. Imanalt - Katy Perry
BW2: innovamania vs. Quite Quiet - Been strong since BW2 era

Innovomania used golem vs me last week in BW which is illegal. I won the game so it doesn't matter, but just wanted to clarify for any1 that golem is not BW PU, so don't use it and lose more games to bad tier list knowledge D:
dont b fooled bros
u already know the only reason this nigga brought this up was to brag that he won despite playin a team with an NU mon

on another note, if some1 wants to hit me up w a bw pu hax team it would b much appreciated

I have no idea who keeps undeleting those copypastas but it seriously gets annoying and puts a bad light on the community if everybody who reads the thread has to scroll through pointless accusation and edgy replies. So please stop doing that and keep it for the discussion thread (still i will delete extreme shitposts) or you will get infracted

RE: game vs Dundies

We both got on scheduled time to play our PUPL Match, unfortunately somewhere in the middle the PS! Server decided to restart, thus losing the progress of the match till that point.
logs: http://www.hastebin.com/epahimeqew.vbs
final turn screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/yqBNCx2.jpg
Akir, Dundies and I have concluded that a recreate isn't possible since neither of us sent in our teams and there was sufficient hax to make a recreate too unlikely. As a result, we've decided that im the unluckiest / saltiest guy ever to redo the match Sunday GMT +1 5pm - 6pm (EST Midday - 1pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)