Questions regarding the team format in showdown.

First of all, I'm sorry if I posted this at the wrong forum - it's just that I've searched every thread and discussion and couldn't find the right place to ask my questions. I offer my deepest apologies to the moderators if I've caused any inconvenience.

My brother and I enjoy pokemon battling very much, and we look forward to battle each other someday. Unfortunately, we only have one NDS in our house (and out of order as well). So we had to resort to imaginary battles - for example, we play rock paper scissors to decide whether our moves hit the opponent or the infliction of a status condition, etc. (Yup, it's pretty childish :P)

So I am really glad I discovered showdown a few days ago! I finally found a high quality pokemon battle simulator I've always dreamed of; my brother is excited, too. The teambuilder is very convenient and considerate! (The suggested spread function is awesome~!) May all my respect and gratitude be bestowed upon the great developers of the showdown simulator :)

But there are some doubts lingering in my mind, and I would be grateful if my questions can be answered:

1) Team format: I see that there are a lot of restrictions in pokemon selection for battling (XY singles, OU, Metagames, etc.) Is there a possible way for me to enjoy the simulation without such rules? I have a favorite team, and I would like to use it in my battles; but these rules don't allow me to do so.

2) Levels: I see that it is feasible for a player to set their pokemon's levels at their own will. Wouldn't this be unfair in a pokemon battle? For example, I set all my pokemon to lvl. 50, but what if I meet a an opponent whose pokemon are all lvl. 100?

3) Is is possible to set up a server which I can set my own battle rules (All pokemon lvl 50, no legendaries, no switching out, etc.)?

I am sorry if the questions above sound retarded; but I've looked through countless threads and couldn't get my problems solved. (Aaaand, the simple question thread wouldn't let me post >.<)

Once again, thanks to all the fellow creators of this simulator ^*^ Now I have the chance to be indulged in pokemon battling again~~!!!

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1) custom games, its a format where there is no rules, mainly used for bug testing
2) thats how competitive battling is, you can select format that fits the levels,
3) yes you can set your own server and add your own format

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1) You can use 'Custom Game' which doesn't use any of the tiering rules.

2) In competitive battling all Pokemon are meant to be level 100 aside from Little Cup where they're Level 5

3) You can set up your own server but it takes quite a bit of work. It would be much easier to just play Custom Battle.

In future, please post questions like this here! Thank you and enjoy Pokemon Showdown! :)

Mmmm.... I've finally found the custom game option. Thanks for the answers! I'm truly grateful :) And sorry for the inconvenience. (I thought that thread was only for tactical in-game issues. O_o )

Mmmm.... I've finally found the custom game option. Thanks for the answers! I'm truly grateful :) And sorry for the inconvenience. (I thought that thread was only for tactical in-game issues. O_o )
Just for some more information, setting up servers. You can do it, just it does take time. I suggest going to a server which is willing to make a custom format for you. You can scroll through all the servers (unofficial) and find the perfect one for you and your brother HERE.

You could even PM random people in the lobby asking for a battle and then request they put their pokemons level down to 50. But in most tours it is lv. 100. LC (Little Cup) doesn't count for that.

1) The best thing you can do is make a custom game and play against your brother or invite people. If you want to play against random people with as many pokemon as possible, play OU (you can't use most legendaries and some mega's). The rules that are in this tier are simple rules like "Sleep Clause" (prevents you from putting more then 1 pokemon asleep. This is against choice scarfed spore breloom for example) and "infinite battle clause" (against leppa berry recycle recovery PP stalling). OU includes all pokemon in OU, UU, RU, NU, PU and LC, but not ubers.

2) If you put your pokemon to level 50, it will automaticly be set to level 100 again in public matches, but not in custom games, I believe.

3) I have absolutely no idea how to set up your own server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)