-Hypno 4 attacks is really really bad
-Idk if Skarm with no spikes is a viable set
-Quick claw and brightpowder is bad so is chesto berry
-Sunflora doesnt work without sunnyday
-Blissey and milotic always need recovery moves
-Wow-taunt gar is good but it needs Tbolt
-Cacturne really appreciates SubSeed combo
Celebi subseed bpass recover is cool
-Whats the purpose of Mew set Swords Dance Reflect Softboiled Boom?
-Raikou viable set is only cm+tbolt roar/sub hp ice/grass OR tbolt cm roar sub
Forretress always needs Spikes and Spin
-BoltBeam Porygon2 should have recover it's not like hes any kind of a sweeper
Dugtrio should always be EQ+HP Bug+Aerial Ace

Last edited:
I found Counter/Bulk Up/Brick Break/Mach Punch Hitmontop, recently, I still get Quick Claws and BrightPowders, Fire Blast/Heat Wave Ninetales, Psych Up ChestoRest Regice. All of those are of dubious viability.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The server is not updated yet, so none of the changes have been implemented that will fix the above.

Edit: Updates were hotpatched in just now, alot of issues should be fixed!

Last edited:
I think that set-up mons should not have mixed up sets with physical and special attacks. I keep getting great mons which are completely hindered by its sets for example
CM Celebi HP fighting
Dd mence with dragon claw
The fuck is sub hp ice dugtrio? Are you that afraid of flygon? The usual trapper is just the best if not the only one set

Linoone
Substitute-Belly drum-Flail-Hp Fighting
Sitrus berry
I get the idea but the execution is not very good

Last edited:
Just a heads up, I went through all the sets with HoeenHero yesterday, and removed all the redundant Hidden Powers / bad moves (like nightmare butterfree), and added some moves that were desperatly needed (like ghost stab on gengar, etc.).

thank god no more hp bug with no other attacking moves on my donphans
so off topic

I think that set-up mons should not have mixed up sets with physical and special attacks. I keep getting great mons which are completely hindered by its sets for example
CM Celebi HP fighting
Dd mence with dragon claw
The fuck is sub hp ice dugtrio? Are you that afraid of flygon? The usual trapper is just the best if not the only one set

Linoone
Substitute-Belly drum-Flail-Hp Fighting
Sitrus berry
I get the idea but the execution is not very good
In case you had no idea, in generation 3, the only damaging dragon type move which Salamence could learn was dragon claw, which was special. The only physical damaging dragon type move was Outrage in generation 3, which could only be learnt by dratini line and rayquaza.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In case you had no idea, in generation 3, the only damaging dragon type move which Salamence could learn was dragon claw, which was special. The only physical damaging dragon type move was Outrage in generation 3, which could only be learnt by dratini line and rayquaza.
Nope. All dragon moves are special including outrage. Types are either physical or special in adv. No exceptions.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
rain dance should require something that benefits from it (be it swift swim, a water type move, Thunder, whatever); got rain dance light screen hp grass thunderbolt electrode

Dark♥Dreamerr♥Luna: ok
Dark♥Dreamerr♥Luna: who the hell
Dark♥Dreamerr♥Luna: decided to make noctowl
Dark♥Dreamerr♥Luna: have rest talk insomnia
Dark♥Dreamerr♥Luna: for randbats

Any possibility that gen 3 music gets implemented in this mode? Seems fitting, I'm not sure how much work that would be / if it is possible.

Forgot to get a screenshot, but I got a Wobbuffet with Sitrus Berry as a hold item. In Gen 3, it only heals 30 total HP (like 9% on Wobb lol) instead of the 25% in later gens, which seems kinda worthless in Gen 3. The consistent healing of lefties would prob be better, esp. on Wobb

Adeleine

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Forgot to get a screenshot, but I got a Wobbuffet with Sitrus Berry as a hold item. In Gen 3, it only heals 30 total HP (like 9% on Wobb lol) instead of the 25% in later gens, which seems kinda worthless in Gen 3. The consistent healing of lefties would prob be better, esp. on Wobb
I was confused about that myself a while back and asked Hoeen, who explained that it wasn't given lefties to prevent Wobb v. Wobb endless battles given gen3 Struggle mechanics.

I was confused about that myself a while back and asked Hoeen, who explained that it wasn't given lefties to prevent Wobb v. Wobb endless battles given gen3 Struggle mechanics.
Hmm, I suppose that makes enough sense, but what are the odds that it comes down to that in a random format? Both teams would have to draw Wobb for lack of a better term and even then, it wouldn't necessarily lead to Wobb vs Wobb (although I recognize the threat of that endless battle situation)

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The odds are pretty low that both players would get a wobbuffet however you still would not want that chance to exist since it could potentially interfere with games or tournaments. Might as well prevent it from happening than deal with the inevitable drama.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin

Well, the problem seems clear lol
Not sure why Hail showed up twice but ill look into it.

Theres a patch to prevent both sides from having wobbuffet so yes i'll give it leftovers.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
Theres a patch to prevent both sides from having wobbuffet so yes i'll give it leftovers.
Just double check to make sure that patch takes wynaut into account as well assuming it's usable. Btw, out of curiosity, how does it decide who gets wobb?

Adeleine

could we block DD+Sunny Day? Got DD/Sunny Day/BodySlam/OtherPhysMove twice now so its probably a more than once thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)