Project RarelyUsed Teambuilding Competition: week 10: Fezandipiti (submissions open until May 17th)

:sv/fezandipiti:Week 10: Fezandipiti:sv/fezandipiti:
1715628301602.png

This week's spotlight is on the toxic chainer; Pecharunt's perfect little soldier. Unlike its ugly siblings, Fezandipiti doesn't provide any raw offensive power. You aren't hitting things with 128 attack close combats or outspeeding mienshao, but what it does bring is a whole lot of utility. A nice defensive typing, passive status spreading and some nice utility moves like taunt, u-turn, thief and every setup move you could want. Thee days it feels like a utility pivot is the best set for fez, but maybe you can be the one to bring back calm mind, or push new boundaries with swords dance.

Teambuilding criteria:
Your team submission must be legal in SV RU and have a fezandipiti on it.

Submission deadline: Teams should be submitted by 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Friday, May 17th, voting will then go until 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Sunday May 19th.

"teambuilder adventures"
:fezandipiti::crawdaunt::cyclizar::bronzong::bellibolt::umbreon:
(click the sprites for paste!)

I know this team looks like a 1100 player's dream but hold on, listen to me...

:fezandipiti::crawdaunt:
I intended on building a balance around this very classic core we have seen in RUPL a few times. Nothing out of the ordinary, it's your classic pivot + slow wallbreaker core you know so well ever since U-turn is a thing. Fezan can also act as a potential win condition, sometimes it just happens.

:cyclizar:
Cyclizar is also a very common Crawdaunt partner. You know what it does.

So far, everything is looking good, right? Classic 2-mon core with a splashable support that works well with the core, good ol' solid, bread and butter teambuilding. However, things took a turn...

:bronzong:
Hailing from PU, Bronzong acts as our dedicated Revavroom counter because I hate Revavroom. Fortunately, this is not the only thing Bronzong does. It acts as our Stealth Rock setter and Ground immunity. Iron Defense lets it counter Iron Leaves and random ladder setup sweepers like Gyarados or Electivire idk. Night Shade brings consistent damage against pmuch everything else and Steel STAB is not needed for Mimikyu thanks to our next Pokemon...

:bellibolt:
At this moment, FlamingoPokeman 's soul and mine resonated as one, and I channeled the power of Stall and the PU unmon Bellibolt. It acts as another blanket physical check to, like, a lof of things. But mainly Gapdos. Static sometimes proc but don't count on it too much, Poison is better anyway so spam Toxic. Volt Switch is another way of pivoting into Crawdaunt.

:umbreon:
what is this. is this stall feat. crawdaunt? Alright, so, Umbreon acts as our Water and Ghost switch-in. Everything from Volcanion to Blastoise, Gengar and H-Zoroark (you'll use Cyclizar for that one) are blanketed by it, and you can even beat pmuch every variant of Blastoise with Toxic + the power of Stall. If you Tera it, you also get a nice Water resistance for the Rain matchup which is shaky at best but you can't have everything in life. Wish allows us to heal Bronzong, which is actually quite nice.

I have no idea. But it actually works. Don't question it.

SD Fezandipiti Team
:fezandipiti: :magnezone: :noivern: :hippowdon: :gengar: :barraskewda:

I wated to make a more conventional team, but it fell through so I decided to use a more unique team. This team is a Bulky Offense team that uses fezandipiti as a bulky SD user that can break through walls in combination with its ability.

:fezandipiti: Of course, the subject of this weeks teambuilding competition, fezandipiti was probably the most difficult mon to make work. I started out with a more offensive calm mind set, then pivoted to a NP set, and then gave up and decided to just follow the OP and use an SD set. This is a set that can work both defensively and offensively, being able to take hits and sweep if needed. The ev spread is to make sure fezan can outspeed mimikyu and break its disguise before it attacks. SD of course makes sure fezan can boost itself in order to hit harder. Play rough is a good stab option, while dual wingbeat has two purposes. The first is to hit fairy resistant targets such as amoonguss while still hitting grass types super effectively and the second is to break focus sashes and mimikyu's disguise. It also means that you get two potential procs of toxic chain. Okay, I basically teched dual wingbeat in order to break disguise, the other things are side benefits. Roost allows fezandipiti to keep itself healthy over the course of a battle. Tera flying allows fezan to ignore ground type moves and boost the power of dual wingbeat.

:magnezone: With Thundurus-T leaving the tier, I wanted to try out a different electric type to see how they worked. I originally had Thundy-I and while it worked well, it felt really frail. I decided to go with magnezone which is a lot bulkier and provides some serious firepower, basically acting as our specs user. Normally, magnezone runs magnet pull in order to trap some steel types, and while this was good, I felt that analytic was a lot better. The only two steel types that are really threatened by magnezone are empoleon and forretress, one is a good mon, but the other is meh and is exploitable. With anayltic, magnezone hits like a truck, even resists such as cyclizar take massive damage from resisted hits. The speed evs are to underspeed most things, but still outspeed the normal enam-t spread, which is nice as earth power hurts. The moves are standard, with mirror coat providing some utility by smacking fire types hard.

:noivern: I really wanted to use cyclizar, but it just didn't fit into the team structure, so I went with noivern as our flying type and hazard removal. This is the standard NU utility set, with defog to remove hazards, roost to keep itself healthy, u-turn to get teammates in and hurricane as stab so it isn't a free switch in. Tera steel is a good defensive typing on it, being able to take rock and ice moves. It's basically just a bread and butter set, not much more.

:hippowdon: I have not used hippowdon much in RU, but I decided to give it a whirl on this team. This is a standard hippo set, with rocky helmet and tera ghost taking on most physical attackers. E-quake does decent damage, stealth rock is the hazard option on this team to make sure opponents don't switch endlessly, slack off provides recovery and whirlwind can phase out setup sweepers. Really, not much innovation but its good and gets the job done.

:gengar: I needed a fast mon on the team, and although other mons were appealing, gengar I thought was the best of the bunch. Gengar is also probably the most customisable of the over base 100 mons, with many utility options at its disposal. I decided to go with a toxic spikes set, which can be devestating to an unprepared team which overelies on cyclizar to keep hazards off. This also helps break open walls which don't pack HDB, such as chansey, chesnaught and hippo. The rest of the moveset is standard, with shadow ball and sludge wave as stabs and t-bolt to hit empoleon and flying types for big damage.

:barraskewda: Finally, I needed a choice scarf user for the team, and I found that my rain matchup was a bit dicey. Choice scarf barraskewda fixes both of these issues, being able to abuse opposing rain and still act as a solid revenge killer. With jolly instead of adamant, barra can always outspeed +1 cyclizar and revenge kill it, opening up the door for gengar to sweep later. Flip turn allows barra to get some damage off and get out of a situation. Liquidation is a good stab move for barra, while close combat can hurt opposing cyclizar and empoleon. Crunch along with tera dark can help deal with the many psychic types in the tier such as iron leaves, slowbro and reuniclus, with it having a chance to OHKO the first and 2hit ko'ing the other two.

Last edited:
I had forgotten to post voting for the teambuilding contest but I'm going to abuse my power to psost after the deadline.
:magnezone::fezandipiti::gardevoir::krookodile::zapdos-galar::cyclizar:
Remember when Magfez was the most annoying thing in the tier? This is a team built around fairy spam with mag to deal with jirachi and empoleon. Once the steels are gone, garde and fez can clean up many teams pretty easily. Beyond the core, cyclizar is there because this is RU, krookodile is the only real offensive rocker in the tier and needed psychic immune, and Gapdos is a fun way to vent your anger with choice band brave birds vs a team whose flying resist was trapped and destroyed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)