National Dex Rate my Zeraora Team

I wanted to try to make a team with zeraora especially for the core that I came up with for the team that I really like

:ss/zeraora:
Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
as the first pokemon I obviously start from zeraora with his huge speed volt switch and an electro immunity is an excellent offensive pivot plasma fits is the stab close combat hit pokemon like ferrothorn and blissey and lets zeraora reveg kill dangerous offensive pokemon like mega loppuny and kartana toxic cripples ground types that can otherwise prevent zeraora from pivoting with volt switch

:ss/kartana:
Kartana @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Defog
as the second pokemon I chose kartana with the synthesis set zeraora and very weak to ground types and kartana with this set stop them also provides defog to the team and with knock off can remove important items from pokemon such as heatran and ferrothorn

:ss/charizard-mega-y:
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Scorching Sands
- Roost
now i needed a strong wallbreaker and i chose charizard mega y for boosting kartana synthesis recovery flamethrower is stab solar beam hits water types like tapu fine and scorching sands hits heatran and toxapex

:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
as the next pokemon i chose weavile the pokemon i had put up until now were all weak at mega latias and even if zeraora has toxic i think i still needed a more consistent check of mega latias also weavile can act as revengkiller for the knock off team and triple axel are the stab ice shard is the priority and with pursuit can trap pokemon like latias mega

:ss/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
as the next pokemon I needed a stealth rock setter and a check for pokemon like greninja and tapu koko so I chose ferrothorn which in addition to this improves the team match against rain and he too as kartana has knock off to remove items from pokemon opponents

:ss/gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 192 SpD / 20 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
as last pokemon i needed a ground type and i chose gliscor for gain advantage from blissey and chansey who can easily stop charizard mega y also gliscor can check heatran for the team

I feel like sd glisc is weird here, and ferrothorn and utilikart are redundant. Maybe make kart scarf for added speed control, then go defog glisc/lando (personally i'd rather go lando) instead. I also find mzardy to be an odd choice: zardy is the kind of mon that's usually the centerpiece of your team. Since your z slot is free you could prolly go steelium-z tran instead?

if i remove charizard y and SD gliscor the team would become much more passive i would have more problems going against pokemon and team more bulky for speed control i already have weavile and zeraora is not enough? i also thought ferrothorn and kartana is redundant but i needed a check for greninja and koko and i was missing stealth rock at the team

if i remove charizard y and SD gliscor the team would become much more passive
I mean I just gave you a mon to replace yard and sd glisc is already p passive for this kind of team

and team more bulky for speed control
This is a pretty offensive build my guy, and even balance usually runs speed control of some kind

i already have weavile and zeraora is not enough?
Eh I guess? But you're still getting outsped by a lot of setup mons and opposing scarfers

i also thought ferrothorn and kartana is redundant but i needed a check for greninja and koko and i was missing stealth rock at the team
Exactly, I'm saying to keep Ferrothorn where it is, and to make Kart a more offensive set.

I like the changes you made but only one thing generally every team needs a ground type in this case isn't it a problem not to have it?

you will not believe me but it has been a while since I made this team and I forgot that zeraora had volt absorb as an ability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)