VGC [RMT] Swingin' in the Rain (Mega-Swampert sweep team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to competitive Pokemon and I would like some advice on my first VGC team. Mainly Pkmn I should swap or edit. Thanks!

Ajax (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Duncan (Pelipper) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Hurricane

Essentially, these two start of the fight every single time, and they are the dynamic duo core of my team. Pelipper brings Drizzle to speed up Mega-Swampert and has access to hurricane for grass coverage. Also, M-Swamp can use earthquake as often as possible without hurting Pelipper, giving it electric and rock coverage. The two basically work off each other and help cover each other's very few weaknesses.

Oranguru @ Kee Berry
Ability: Telepathy
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Instruct
- Magic Coat
- Light Screen
- Psychic

the typical switch-in after I use Pelipper's U-turn, Oranguru's Instruct-Earthquake paired with ally attack immunity with Telepathy means lots of damage with no drawbacks.

Escavalier @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

used if other team is running Trick Room. Heavy hitting bulk pkmn

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Thunder
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt

100% accuracy thunder. Need I say more?

Huntail @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Ice Fang
- Body Slam
- Crunch

Just another sweeper.

In other words, my team is reliant on my Pelipper switching out after setting up what it needs, and M-Swamp just killing everyone in sight with no drawbacks from allies. This team is incredibly weak to Trick Room teams and other weather teams. any tips on what I should change? any and all advice is accepted!

Last edited:
Surprised this hasn't been locked. Your descriptions are lacking, nothing has protect, and your best bet is probably to lurk around to try and get a better understanding of the VGC 18 meta. Trainer tower has lots of material that will help you get acclimated to the environment such as team building resources, sample movesets, and general advice as far as EV spreads and whatnot.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)