SM Ubers Scarf Kyogre Build (1677 Peak)

Intro
With its checks removed, Choice Scarf Kyogre is one of the most potent sweepers in the game. It requires no set up and hits extremely hard with Water Spout, which scores plenty of KO's as it's 150 BP, STAB and rain boosted. Unfortunately, Primal Groudon, priority users, setup sweepers and faster scarfers all present obstacles to setting up your sweep. This team aims to eliminate those checks, mainly Primal Groudon, which is immune to Water Spout, so that you can get up your sweep.

The Team

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Explanation:
-Arceus-Ground is a solid Stealth Rock setter and forms a solid hazard core with Ferrothorn
-It also takes down support variants of Primal Groudon by outspeeding with Judgement, which will present opportunities to get up rocks as your opponent will likely swap
-Arceus can revenge kill Mega-Lucario with Judgement

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Explanation
-Xerneas provides much needed cleric support with Aromatherapy and can absorb status effectively with Rest
-Being able to control status on both sides (spreading/absorbing) greatly improves this team's matchup against stall teams
-Xerneas is a solid answer to Yveltal and Zygarde, which could otherwise hinder sweeps
-Consider Defog over toxic as keeping hazards off of your side of the field is crucial to your sweep with Kyogre

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pain Split
- Defog
- Toxic
- Hydro Pump

Explanation:
-Rotom-W's main niche is a blanket check to Primal Groudon
-Rotom's weakness to Swords Dance Variants is remedied by Ditto, which can steal boosts, making opponents very unlikely to setup against it
-This set relies on Aromatherapy support to deal with its weakness to toxic
-Rotom is this team's main defogger and answer to Ho-Oh with Hydro Pump

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Explanation:
-Ferrothorn is a strong check to Primal Kyogre and can handle Xerneas well as opponents will not want to set up with Ditto on the bench
-Ferrothorn rounds out a strong hazard core with Arceus-Ground with its Spikes
-Leech Seed helps generate momentum and greatly improves the recovery of this team's walls
-This set can deal with Necrozma-DM fairly well as it can hurt it with Iron Barbs and Leech Seed before Ditto comes in and steals its stats
-Ferrothorn's ability to absorb toxic and spread seeds further improves matchups vs. stall teams

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

Explanation:
-Ditto can revenge kill every offensive threat that could keep Kyogre from going off minus scarf users like Xerneas and Yveltal, however other members of the team can already manage them
-Ditto's ability to steal stat boosts bolsters the effectiveness of the teams walls as they won't be set up against
-Ditto can steal status moves like Wish to get Kyogre's Water Spout back to full power
-Ditto can cripple Smeargle and Deoxys-S lacking Magic Coat

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Explanation:
-Kyogre's devastating offense is your main win condition, spam Water Spout when possible
-Thunder's 100% accuracy in rain can be useful for late game cleaning when you're too low on health for Water Spout
-Can be used to revenge kill certain threats mid game, but its better utilized as a late game cleaner

Tips
-Opponents often assume you're going to start with Ferrothorn and will send out Groudon, sending in Arceus-Ground at the start of games against Pdon can get you a free setup opportunity for rocks
-Try to keep Ditto and Kyogre off the field as much as possible so they can do maximum damage when their time comes
-Stack hazards and spread Toxic and seeds to rack up tons of residual damage
-If an opponent resorts to setting up boosts, wait for a fresh switch in and obliterate them with Ditto
-After its checks are clear, spam away with Water Spout as your opponent is helpless to stop it

Outro
Thanks for reading! Check out Plat26 and Lazy_bread27's (the two accounts I used for laddering) PS replays for examples of the team in action! All feedback is appreciated!

I personally find the idea of using Choice Scarf Kyogre worthy of praise, given that it can become a dangerous cleaner and be a nightmare for offensive teams lacking a proper answer. At the same time, however, I could not neglect the potential problems your team would run into as your team heavily rely on Ditto and Kyogre as countermeasure against offense and they will likely require a teammate sacrificed to come in safely and will still have to predict to KO a foe. While it is true that Ditto can work as a setup deterrent, it will struggle to prevent KOs from the defensive core that has visible weakness against Ultra Necrozma and Extreme Killer Arceus using Substitute. Calm Mind Arceus formes will also be nearly impossible to deal with once they safely get to set up. If Arceus-Dark manages to reach +1 as Xerneas switches in, it will easily reach a point where it will avoid a 2HKO. Arceus-Flying can be equally problematic if Rotom-W isn't healthy enough to weaken it with Pain Split for Kyogre to pick it off.

This is not to say that these flaws from the team are too crippling; while the team struggles to contain a lot of offensive threats, there is also a room to turn the tables against them if you manage to correctly draft a plan to use Kyogre and conserve Ditto for a right moment. I am aware that this team is built around Kyogre, but if you are going to use Ditto (which team will likely rely on more than Ditto in many cases), I'd consider using Pokemon like Marshadow that can deal with Ultra Necrozma and shut down Calm Mind Arceus formes relatively well. Defensive partners like Mega Scizor and Magearna may be worth considering to provide the team with an answer to Geomancy Xerneas (which this team will solely rely on Ditto to revenge kill) that can pivot and generate free switches.

I'm not entirely sure if Ditto and Choice Scarf Kyogre can effectively co-exist as a teammate, but I respect your approach to build the core using those Pokemon. If I were to abandon one of them, I would keep Ditto because I believe it is far more effective as an anti-offense Pokemon nowadays (my feedback was weighted on Ditto for that reason).

Thanks for the analysis! I'll see what I can implement. Probably going to drop Kyogre for Marshadow cause it deals more effectively with the teams weaknesses like you said. I want to fit scizor but not sure I can cause that'd leave me unprepared for opposing pdon.

Found my answer, Lugia. Does the same job of checking pdon as Rotom W did, except it can greatly help against offense via phasing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)