Seismitoad (Ground) [QC 0/3] [GP 0/2]

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
Ground
========
*Seismitoad's ability Water Absorb makes it invaluable for any Ground-type team letting it check Water types that threaten Ground-type team.
*Its Water/Ground typing makes it neutral to ice type moves which is very handy for Ground-type teams.
*Seismitoad is one of the few viable special attackers that Ground teams have access to.
*Its ability Water Absorb grants an immunity to Water type attacks which allows seismitoad to check threatening Pokemon such as Azumarill for Ground-type teams.
*It has decent coverage options consisting of moves such as Sludge Wave which helps to check Grass and Fairy-types,Grass Knot which allows it to check other Water-types and Knock Off which has great utility.
*It has very well balanced stats which allows it to act as a defensive pivot for Ground-type teams.
*Unfortunately,Seismitoad is very vulnerable to Grass-type attacks since it has a crippling weakness to it.
*Its speed is not that great which means it will have to take a hit before it can attack hence making it easy to get worn out since Seismitoad lacks any reliable form of recovery moves and is susceptible to all forms of hazards.

[SET]
name: Assault Vest (Ground)
move 1:Scald
move 2:Earth Power
move 3:Sludge Wave
move 4:Grass Knot /Knock Off
item:Assault Vest
ability:Water Absorb
nature:Timid
evs:80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

*Scald is a reliable STAB move on the set with a decent chance to cripple physical attackers and whittle down foe.
*Earth power is its secondary STAB moves that hits pokemon such as toxapex for good damage that resists its scald. Earth power has good coverage along with scald.
*Sludge Wave is used to hit grass and fairy types such as Azumarill and Tapu Bulu for super effective damage.
*Grass knot is used to hit bulky Water-types such as Swampert,Gastrodon and Mega Gyarados.
*Knock off can be used over Grass knot as it is a great utility move helping remove item of item reliant Pokemon such as eviolite Chansey and Porygon2.
Set Details
========
*Maximum Special attack investment allows Seismitoad to hit hard as possible. 176 speed evs along with a timid nature is used to out speed Choice banded Tapu bulu so that seismitoad can take it out with sludge wave. Rest of the 80 evs are invested in Hp stat to increase its overall bulk. Assault Vest increases Seismitoad's Special Defense and allows it to take special hits better.Water Absorb ability makes it immune to Water-type attacks which is greatly appreciated by Ground-type teams.
Usage Tips
========
*With Assault Vest,Seismitoad can switch into most special attacks for the team.Water Absorb gives Seismitoad a Water-type immunity and allows it to switch in on most Water-types that threaten the rest of the team.
*One needs to be careful about the opponent expecting a seismitoad switch in as then the opponent can go for coverage move which can make Seismitoad weak.
*Seismitoad should watch out for Grass moves as even with Assault vest boosting its special defense it can get OHKO by a Grass move.
*Avoid status moves such as Toxic and Burn as it cripples Seismitoads bulk and its ability to check threatening Pokemon for the team.
*Due to lack of recovery moves and susceptibility to all kinds of hazards, seismitoad should be preserved in match ups where Seismitoad is needed such as Fairy and Water match ups.

Team Options
========
*Hippowdon is a good teammate as it can tank physical attacks for seismitoad and in return seismitoad can cover hippowdon's weakness to water type moves.Hippowdon can also set up stealth rock to punish switch ins and pressure teams. It can whirlwind set up sweepers as well.
*Garchomp and Excadrill are good teammates as they can remove special walls such as Ferrothorn and Chansey that give seismitoad trobule. Seismitoad in return sponges special attack such as Ice,Water and Fire type moves for Garchomp and Excadrill respectively.
*Mamoswine is a good teammate as well as it takes care of Grass types with its Ice STAB moves. Mamoswine is also a great wall breaker that can remove checks to seismitoad such as Celesteela,Chansey,Ferrothorn etc.
*Landorus-T is another good option for teammate since it can weaken physical attackers with intimidate and can form a pivot core. Landorus-T can also wall break or clean much easily once Seismitoad removes threats such as Azumarill and Tapu bulu from the opposing team.
*Similarly Landorus-I appreciates Seismitoad's neutrality to Ice type moves and its ability to spong special hits. In return Landorus-I can take out Pokemon such as Ferrothorn,Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard Y which threaten Seismitoad.
*Gliscor is also a good teammate as it is neutral to Grass-type moves that threaten Seismitoad. Gliscor is a good stall breaker that can take out walls that stop Seismitoad.
*Mega Steelix is a decent teammate on sand less Ground-type teams as it can take physical hits for Seismitoad and can not only set up stealth rock but can also phaze out physical set up sweepers with roar or dragon tail respectively.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Ground
========
A utility set with Stealth rock,Toxic,Scald and Knock off can be run however utility Seismitoad sets are outclassed by other Ground types such as Hippowdon and Gastrodon which have reliable form of recovery options. A choice specs can be used as well to wall break and deal more damage however choice specs set is heavily prediction based and it cannot freely check threats since Seismitoad will be locked into a move. Seismitoad as a wall breaker is also outclassed by pokemon such as Landorus-I and Nidoking which not only have better coverage options offensively but also higher speed. Hidden Power Fire can be used to deal good damage to ferrothorn and Mega Scizor however Seismitoad faces Four move slot syndrome and so it is difficult to fit in.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass types**: Due to crippling weakness of seismitoad to Grass-type moves,Pokemon such as Breloom,Mega venusaur,Celebi are big threats as they can simply OHKO Seismitoad with Grass-type moves.

**Special Walls**: Siesmitoad is walled by pokemon such as Chansey, Specially Defensive Celesteela,Ferrothorn,Zapdos etc and can wear it down with their attacks or toxic stall.

**Wall breakers**: Even with Assault Vest Seismitoad cannot switch in to strong special Wall breakers such as Choice specs Kingdra's Draco Meteor and Landorus-I.Wall breakers can do a heavy amount of damage to seismitoad which affects its longevity in battle.

**Status**: Seismitoad is crippled by status moves such as Toxic and Burn as it easily makes Seismitoad worn out which adversely affects Seismitoad's capacity to check or switch into special attack for the team.

**Dragon types**: Seismitoad cannot do impressive damage to Dragon types such as Latios,Dragonite,Hydreigon,Salamence. Seismitoad is threatened by their powerful Dragon types attacks.

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Some parts of this analysis are plagiarized from ORAS Seismitoad analysis
Here's just a few of instances of it
ORAS: A Leftovers set can be used with Knock Off, Toxic, Scald, and Stealth Rock; however, this set lacks the power to check Azumarill and is generally outclassed by Gastrodon which possesses a reliable recovery move and has better bulk than Seismitoad.
SM: A utility set with Stealth rock,Toxic,Scald and Knock off can be run however utility Seismitoad sets are outclassed by other Ground types such as Hippowdon and Gastrodon which have reliable form of recovery options
This is slightly reworded, but it is very similar to ORAS one
ORAS: Seismitoad's Water / Ground typing and access to Water Absorb give it a neutrality to Ice and an immunity to Water-type attacks.
SM: *Seismitoad's ability Water Absorb makes it invaluable for any Ground-type team letting it check Water types that threaten Ground-type team. Its Water/Ground typing makes it neutral to ice type moves which is very handy for Ground-type teams.
two sentences instead of one other wise it would be same as above
ORAS: Hippowdon is a good physical wall to work with Seismitoad in a defensive core. It can set up Stealth Rock, and can force out setup sweepers with Whirlwind
SM: *Hippowdon is a good teammate as it can tank physical attacks for seismitoad and in return seismitoad can cover hippowdon's weakness to water type moves.Hippowdon can also set up stealth rock to punish switch ins and pressure teams. It can whirlwind set up sweepers as well.
Same order of ideas but you put periods to not make it look the same
ORAS: Alternatively, Sludge Bomb can be used for hitting Grass- and Fairy-type Pokemon such as Serperior and Azumarill.
SM: *Sludge Wave is used to hit grass and fairy types such as Azumarill and Tapu Bulu for super effective damage.
Clearly CPed because Grass- and Fairy-types are in the same place and I'm just assuming you took out serp and put Tapu Bulu to not make it look as bad
There's probably more that I missed, but those are obvious ones
tagging wishes Uselesscrab Eien Shiba

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Some parts of this analysis are plagiarized from ORAS Seismitoad analysis
Here's just a few of instances of it
ORAS: A Leftovers set can be used with Knock Off, Toxic, Scald, and Stealth Rock; however, this set lacks the power to check Azumarill and is generally outclassed by Gastrodon which possesses a reliable recovery move and has better bulk than Seismitoad.
SM: A utility set with Stealth rock,Toxic,Scald and Knock off can be run however utility Seismitoad sets are outclassed by other Ground types such as Hippowdon and Gastrodon which have reliable form of recovery options
ORAS: Seismitoad's Water / Ground typing and access to Water Absorb give it a neutrality to Ice and an immunity to Water-type attacks.
SM: *Seismitoad's ability Water Absorb makes it invaluable for any Ground-type team letting it check Water types that threaten Ground-type team. Its Water/Ground typing makes it neutral to ice type moves which is very handy for Ground-type teams.
ORAS: Hippowdon is a good physical wall to work with Seismitoad in a defensive core. It can set up Stealth Rock, and can force out setup sweepers with Whirlwind
SM: *Hippowdon is a good teammate as it can tank physical attacks for seismitoad and in return seismitoad can cover hippowdon's weakness to water type moves.Hippowdon can also set up stealth rock to punish switch ins and pressure teams. It can whirlwind set up sweepers as well.
Same order of ideas but you put periods to not make it look the same
ORAS: Alternatively, Sludge Bomb can be used for hitting Grass- and Fairy-type Pokemon such as Serperior and Azumarill.
SM: *Sludge Wave is used to hit grass and fairy types such as Azumarill and Tapu Bulu for super effective damage.
Clearly CPed because Grass- and Fairy-types are in the same place and I'm just assuming you took out serp and put Tapu Bulu to not make it look as bad
There's probably more that I missed, but those are obvious ones
tagging wishes Uselesscrab Eien Shiba
I did not mean to copy it, I did read analysis on seismitoad from past generations. I seriously did not wanted to plagiarize it. I can make changes if you want me to. I apologize. Those sentences are similar because as I mentioned I read some analysis on seismitoad and hence it came up here, its in 3 instances and I can change it. I apologize again that those sentences look familiar.
I kinda dont agree with those two examples. I came up with those sentences on my own. Seismitoad does checks azumarill and tapu bulu this gen with sludge wave, its just it is similar I seriously did not plagiarize.

Last edited:
I did not mean to copy it, I did read analysis on seismitoad from past generations. I seriously did not wanted to plagiarize it. I can make changes if you want me to. I apologize. Those sentences are similar because as I mentioned I read some analysis on seismitoad and hence it came up here, its in 3 instances and I can change it. I apologize again that those sentences look familiar.
I kinda dont agree with those two examples. I came up with those sentences on my own. Seismitoad does checks azumarill and tapu bulu this gen with sludge wave, its just it is similar I seriously did not plagiarize.
Hi, I can understand reading previous analyses and making sure you didn't miss anything really important but this is a bit too much. Too much of this is just straight up copy/pasted and that is not acceptable in any case.
SM: *Seismitoad is one of the few viable special attackers that Ground teams have access to.
ORAS: Seismitoad is one of the few viable special attackers that Ground teams have access to.

SM: Assault Vest increases Seismitoad's Special Defense and allows it to take special hits better.
ORAS: Assault Vest increases Seismitoad's Special Defense and allows it to take special hits better.

SM: A utility set with Stealth rock,Toxic,Scald and Knock off can be run however utility Seismitoad sets are outclassed by other Ground types such as Hippowdon and Gastrodon which have reliable form of recovery options.

SM: **Dragon types**: Seismitoad cannot do impressive damage to Dragon types such as Latios,Dragonite,Hydreigon,Salamence. Seismitoad is threatened by their powerful Dragon types attacks.
ORAS: **Dragon-types**: Dragon-types resist Seismitoad's Water-type attacks and most of them are immune to Ground, such as Latios, Latias, Dragonite, and Hydreigon. They threaten Seismitoad with their powerful attacks.

The rest of Checks and Counters is too similar to the previous analysis to be excused as well.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
Hi, I can understand reading previous analyses and making sure you didn't miss anything really important but this is a bit too much. Too much of this is just straight up copy/pasted and that is not acceptable in any case.
SM: *Seismitoad is one of the few viable special attackers that Ground teams have access to.
ORAS: Seismitoad is one of the few viable special attackers that Ground teams have access to.

SM: Assault Vest increases Seismitoad's Special Defense and allows it to take special hits better.
ORAS: Assault Vest increases Seismitoad's Special Defense and allows it to take special hits better.

SM: A utility set with Stealth rock,Toxic,Scald and Knock off can be run however utility Seismitoad sets are outclassed by other Ground types such as Hippowdon and Gastrodon which have reliable form of recovery options.

SM: **Dragon types**: Seismitoad cannot do impressive damage to Dragon types such as Latios,Dragonite,Hydreigon,Salamence. Seismitoad is threatened by their powerful Dragon types attacks.
ORAS: **Dragon-types**: Dragon-types resist Seismitoad's Water-type attacks and most of them are immune to Ground, such as Latios, Latias, Dragonite, and Hydreigon. They threaten Seismitoad with their powerful attacks.

The rest of Checks and Counters is too similar to the previous analysis to be excused as well.
It is because I read analysis,I should not have done that and I deeply apologize for that. It is my first time writing and I request for forgiveness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)