Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters
I caught a Shiny Eevee yesterday. It was male ;-;. What's worse is that it had the WORST IVs. I'm evolving it into an Umbreon though, I like Shiny Umbreon.

Just hatched a shiny Snover without having any intention of doing so... almost released it because it only has 3 perfect IVs when I noticed haha o.o

While trying to find a Dewgong in Y, I encountered a shiny Spheal. It is so cute. Luckily, I still had my Master Ball after two-and-a-half years (I was saving it just for this occasion).

Do Pixelmon (A Pokemon Minecraft mod.) shinies count? My first shiny there was a Pachirishu while waiting at a gym for the leader to come online. It was just wandering around! I caught it and was freaking out in chat.

AS has been a good game for shinies, and I've nabbed a Skitty, Electrike (surprising, since I thought getting one in a trade would decrease the likelihood of encounterin another one), and hatched a shiny Rattata.

That Rattata is totally in the top percentage of Rattata.
Hahaha, actually, no Ratatouille is not. His sister, I <3 Cheese is the top percentage (or was Ratatouille the male? Can't remember), with 31 IVs in everything but SpA. It will still be fun to train them though in Sun or Moon when I have the time.

It would have been sweet if Ratatouille had hatched with the right IVs. IIRC, it doesn't even have the right nature. But who am I to look a Rapidash gift in the mouth?

After years of playing the games without ever randomly encountering a shiny, I've recently gotten quite a few of them in OR in a short amount of time:

- Aron (random encounter), pre-Shiny Charm
- Trapinch (random encounter), pre-Shiny Charm
- Oddish (horde EV training) x2
- Shuppet (horde EV training) - accidentally killed with a Petal Blizzard as I wasn't paying attention
- Nidoran-M (hatched), 3 IVs
- Amaura (hatched), 4 IVs

Out of all of these, Amaura was the only one that was actively looking for. I also hatched Amaura and Nidoran-M within a few hours of each other.

While stealing lucky eggs from Pelliper next to Slateport I ran into a shiny Tentacool! It has bad IVs, none over 20 but it has a Calm nature which is just perfect. If they ever let you increase IVs in the next game this little guy is going on my team.

Well, the only legit shiny I've ever gotten was a Shiny Golbat in Turnback Cave in Platnium. I remember it well. I don't remember what I was doing there exactly but I was wandering around when all of a sudden this green Golbat appeared! I was worried I didn't have any Pokeballs on me but I had a few and caught it :D I didn't care much for it's stats or anything so I boxed it in the PC...

And then, like an idiot, when I had completely forgotten about the shiny, I reset Platnium, only to realize that my shiny had just been deleted. That's the only shiny I've ever encountered outside of red Gyarados (which doesn't count obviously). I tried Chain Fishing once but I think I messed up and didn't bother after that.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I just hatched two shiny Woobats in a row (i.e., egg 1 was shiny -> egg 2 was shiny)

:v4:
Wow. What are the odds for that? Rough in-head calculations suggest that the chance is somewhere in the ballpark of 1:65 million, barring modifiers such as the Masuda method. That's really impressive.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow. What are the odds for that? Rough in-head calculations suggest that the chance is somewhere in the ballpark of 1:65 million, barring modifiers such as the Masuda method. That's really impressive.
It was Masuda + shiny charm so the odds were significantly higher.

Had a pretty insane couple of days in the friend safari; randomly encountered a shiny snover (which also happened to have a good nature and pretty good IVs), and then, the next day, ran into a shiny dunsparce (I know it's a dunsparce but still...)

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I found a shiny ONIX in heartgold tonight. My first ever non gen 6 shiny so my first real hard to get shiny (without the cheap gen six odds although I've only found one shiny in gen 6 that I wasn't looking for at all - swablu in the sky. Everyone else was hunted). She's Naive and very finicky but I don't care she's shiny and first outside of the easy shinies generation!!! :')

She was found in mount silver. I master balled her because special and rare :)

... and I've been playing since Gold :c

Back when I was a child, I got a copy of pokémon ruby I found on the internet for christmas, and when I finally put it into my GBA there was already a save file, and on this save file the boxes had all the pokemon from gen 1 to 3 in their shiny formes with 31 IVs and 252 EVs on every stat (just realised the EV and IV thing when I became competitive), but I didn't knew shiny pokémon at the time so I just flat out ignored them because they looked ugly, with some exceptions (dat shiny Charizard tho). Later then I discovered that breeding these hacked mons made pokemon with somehow better stats but that is another story.
I don't really consider them MY shiny pokemon because they weren't really obtained by me, so here is a "proper" shiny pokemon story.
I found a shiny Zigzagoon on the same pokémon Ruby cartridge, I caught it (at this moment I had already discovered how valuable these mons were), migrated it to my pokémon Heartgold and evolved it into a Linoone, but later then my Pokémon HG cartridge got stolen :(

Last edited:
My most recent shiny would be an Espurr I accidentally got when breeding for a pair of Meowstics later named Nix and Mia. It was so close, but it was 4V....

Oh well, at least yellow Meowstic isn't that good looking I think. I prefer blue ones. But I think to give it as a gift some day....

my first was a shiny budew i found in eterna forest on platinum and later that same day i found my second ever a shiny starly just a few hours later. before that day i spent years playing pokemon and within the space of like 2 hours i already had 2. i got dozens now but my fav would probably be shiny venusaur YEEEAAAUH

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
my first was a shiny budew i found in eterna forest on platinum and later that same day i found my second ever a shiny starly just a few hours later. before that day i spent years playing pokemon and within the space of like 2 hours i already had 2. i got dozens now but my fav would probably be shiny venusaur YEEEAAAUH
Welcome to Smogon and thank you for participating, but please put a little more effort into your writing. Capitalization and punctuation is crucial for the readability of your posts, and the rules require you to write as coherently as you are able to. Being on a phone is no excuse.

When I was searching for a Super Pumpkaboo in the wild, I somehow found a shiny Super Pumpkaboo! I was so shocked, my first reaction was to think someone hacked my game. I caught it with a Master Ball and named it Hallow. It has pretty terrible stats, but I still love it.

To this day, I still haven't been able to find a regular Super Pumpkaboo in the wild...

Done so much competitive Masuda breeding that I've got three shinies. Got a perfect 6IV Impish Garchomp, almost perfect 5IV (no spATT) Beedrill and shiny Dragonite.

Found a shiny Magnemite in a horde. In Gen 2 I found a shiny Electrode and Tentacool, Gen 3 I've found Nincada and Wingull.

Been pretty lucky as I've never intentionally searched for them! Lost the games they were all on though :(

Like many others here, didn't encounter any shinies for roughly ten years (been playing since blue).
Then, first shiny was a palpitoad (one of my most disliked pokemon but hey I liked this one :D).
Shiny charm has changed a lot tho, after completing my dex in XY I found a shiny whismur in a horde while EV training!

And another one!

And another one..!
Yes, thats three shiny whismurs for me, or to be exact 60% of my self caught shinies are whismur. yay? :D
The last one was a shiny nidoranF, in a horde with nidoranM too. Took me a second to realize it's shiny since nidoranF's shiny is made to look like the regular male one :D

(Haven't ever hatched a shiny tho, after hatching probly ~800 competitive mons :/ )

Incoming wall of text.

My first shiny was in Emerald when I was nine. I was just running around in the desert looking for fossils or something (it was a used copy, so I had no idea what I was doing), and a blue-green Trapinch popped up out of the sand. I didn't know what a shiny was, but I knew that this one was special. I caught it and decided to train it up and have two Flygons. One red and one blue. I realize now why the game was returned. If it ever got bumped, it would freeze. I was in the car, and we hit a pothole... I was so mad when the game froze. I almost cried. I hacked in a shiny Trapinch a few years back because I thought I deserved it. I've never hacked another Pokémon bedsides that one. I think I named her Sylvia (I don't know why).

My next shiny was a Sandshrew in LeafGreen. It happened a few months after the Trapinch. I checked my bag, and I only had one Great Ball. I hit the Sandshrew with a single attack, and threw the great ball. I caught her, and named her Shiny funnily enough. I still didn't know that's what their name was. I still haven't evolved her.

In Rumble I got another shiny Sandshrew and a shiny Blastoise. I really wish that they were transferable.

I also got a female Bouffalaunt in BlazeBlack2. I named her Tessa since that sounded like a buffalo name to me for some reason. I brought her to the elite four, and she didn't do much except beat a Gothitelle and lose against a Weavile.

Recently, in an Emrald Nuzlocke, I was training my Koffing, and I fished up a Golden Magikarp. I freaked out and threw a Pokeball. I named him Lucky. I gave up on the Nuzlocke since Victory Road is terrible to train in, but he lasted all the way to the "end". I had a scare when I was battle a Castform and it used Thunder in the rain. It only took away half of his HP, but it still scared me.

My final two shinies happened within a few weeks of each other in X. The first was a Zubat in a horde while I was EV training. The second was a Roselia while I was looking for one for the giveaway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)