Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Man, one ofrece the xerneas was defensive z geomancy and fast. Do not take me for a fool.
Oh, if it was Z Geomancy then that's completely different. See, Z Geomancy also provides a +1 to all stats bonus along with the normal +2 SpA/SpD/Spe bonus, putting it at +3 Speed. Even with 0 speed investment and a neutral nature, that's 585 Speed at +3, which is again faster than Scarf Marshadow's 574.

If the issue was that it outsped during the turn it was at +1 and then proceeded to finish the rest of Geomancy before you attacked please get a replay to demonstrate this in action and post it in the bug reports thread.

Nothing serious but, I recently had a battle in which it was a xern vs my marshadow . The condition was such that if they set up geomancy they would win and if they didn't set up I would win. Now my opponent went for power herb mancy and out of desperation I chose rock tomb. At +1 speed, marshadow outspeeds xerneas so I could steal the stat boosts and won the game. I found our that the smogon set for power herb xern puts it at speed 255 which goes to 382.5 @ +1. Should we increase the speed by 4 EVs just to outspeed marsh? I know this scenario is extremely unlikely but changing 4EVs wouldn't make much of a difference would it?

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nothing serious but, I recently had a battle in which it was a xern vs my marshadow . The condition was such that if they set up geomancy they would win and if they didn't set up I would win. Now my opponent went for power herb mancy and out of desperation I chose rock tomb. At +1 speed, marshadow outspeeds xerneas so I could steal the stat boosts and won the game. I found our that the smogon set for power herb xern puts it at speed 255 which goes to 382.5 @ +1. Should we increase the speed by 4 EVs just to outspeed marsh? I know this scenario is extremely unlikely but changing 4EVs wouldn't make much of a difference would it?
yeah, I'm also using 4 more EVs for that. I don't think 252+ gets any KOs that 248+ does not, since most Pokémon like Ho-Oh uses EVs for 252+ anyways.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
How did Arceus-Flying get such a big jump from D to B- in the VR? Is there a set that I've been missing that has gotten popular for it?

I'm still curious, what is arceus-flying's niche and why is that niche so much more relevant now as to bolster it from D rank all the way up to B-? My instinct is that it's an alternative to arc-fairy as a Marshadow check

Last edited:
I'm still curious, what is arceus-flying's niche and why is that niche so much more relevant now as to bolster it from D rank all the way up to B-? My instinct is that it's an alternative to arc-fairy as a Marshadow check
Arceus Flying's a prett poor Marsh check since it drops to HP Ice or Rock Tomb with a bit of prior damage. A more reliable check would be Arceus-Poison.

As for a question of my own, this is the 4th time in a row that I've encountered a Tapu Lele psychic spam team. Is there a particular reason for that, or just bad luck? All of them consisted of Smeargle to lay webs and rocks, Lele to set terrain, Deoxys and Mewtwo-Y to abuse it, with the last two pokemon changing depending on the team. Every single time I played against it I just got steamrolled. What would you say is the best counter to this strategy?

EDIT: WTF? I JUST encountered another one. Pls help my elo is dropping fast.

Last edited:

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Arceus Flying's a prett poor Marsh check since it drops to HP Ice or Rock Tomb with a bit of prior damage. A more reliable check would be Arceus-Poison.

As for a question of my own, this is the 4th time in a row that I've encountered a Tapu Lele psychic spam team. Is there a particular reason for that, or just bad luck? All of them consisted of Smeargle to lay webs and rocks, Lele to set terrain, Deoxys and Mewtwo-Y to abuse it, with the last two pokemon changing depending on the team. Every single time I played against it I just got steamrolled. What would you say is the best counter to this strategy?

EDIT: WTF? I JUST encountered another one. Pls help my elo is dropping fast.
Yveltal, and rp Pdon are both good general mons that excel at beating Psyspam. They also aren't usel ss against other kinds of teams.

If you are still having problems want more specialized "counters" you can run like double kick Phero for Smeargle, and Magearna or Bronzong for Deo-A and Lele. But I wouldn't recommend doing that since generally they'll be dead weight against other kinds of teams

Now that Ho-Oh is able to learn curse because of Gold/Silver being available on the 3ds, could a max HP max spdef curse Ho-Oh be viable in this metagame?

Last edited:
What happened that caused Arceus-Flying to go from D to B rank?
Because if it has full defense investiment, it can reliable counter marshadow because is resistant to close combat and doesn't take a shit of Spectral Thief and then destroy it with Flying-Type Judgement, but it must be wary of hp ice, rock tomb and +1 SSSS

I was thinking of trying Flame Charge Ho-Oh, as on paper it seems like a pretty good late game cleaner. This is the set:

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flame Charge
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost / Earthquake

What would be some good teammates for it and why?

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
What sort of moveset and item would you run on a Curse Ho-oh, once it's released?
Recover/Curse/STAB, I'd personally say max hp and attack. It's looking to be good, a bulky set up sweeper with just about perfect coverage in 2 moves, tho naturally don would give it comp for a set up sweeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)