Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

This thread is for simple questions that need relatively simple answers. Quote the question you are answering, to help keep things organized. If you were considering making a thread to ask "Why was Swagger unbanned???" or "Was Unaware nerfed?" I'd recommend asking those questions here instead. For simple questions related to Smogon ask here. For in-game help / info check the Orange Islands subforum; Uncharted Territory is for competitive discussion only.

As a reminder because something like this is posted often:
  • In threads discussing the metagame, do not assume any particular Pokémon nor abilities are banned. Additionally, do not suggest that certain Pokémon or abilities should be banned, suspected, or that they will probably be banned. Finally, do not post predictions on which Pokémon or abilities will be banned. Likewise, don't suggest that certain Pokémon or abilities should be unbanned.
  • Do NOT talk about dropping Pokemon from Ubers. This is not the place for that. PM a council member if you want more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Is there any way for gengar to still have levitate? Like through a poke transfer or something?
PokéTransfer isn't available until January, so there's no way to know at the moment. If it works like previous generations, Gengar would lose Levitate upon transfer.

Was why Swagger unbanned? I know Prankster got nerfed but I doubt that's enough, and to my knowledge there has been no confirmation about the alleged Confusion nerf.
add on to this, what was the nerf to confusion if there is one? something to do with the % chance you'll hit yourself/hit the enemy?

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I feel like with the respective nerfs to kanga and darkrai they both should be given a shot in OU. I dont think you can call either objectively broken in this fresh meta where the power level is much higher. You might as well give them a shot with the nerfs and if necessary reban.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
add on to this, what was the nerf to confusion if there is one? something to do with the % chance you'll hit yourself/hit the enemy?
The hit-yourself-in-confusion chance has been reduced to about a third. I forget whether it's 33% or 30%.

Darkrai should be given a chance in OU. It's still stupidly powerful with the Nasty Plot/ dark pulse/ focus blast / sludge bomb set but no Dark void is much more manageable imo

I know it's probably too early to ask, but does a tier below PU look like a thing that will likely happen this gen, considering the new mons? Oricorio needs somewhere to shine ;_;

is porygon2 a good blanket check? i know that in gen6 BSS (and even when a lot of pre-ban pokes were still around in ORAS OU) it had more than enough bulk to deal with a lot of centralizing pokemon, and those kind of pokemon seem to be back for now

is porygon2 a good blanket check? i know that in gen6 BSS (and even when a lot of pre-ban pokes were still around in ORAS OU) it had more than enough bulk to deal with a lot of centralizing pokemon, and those kind of pokemon seem to be back for now
I don't think so. Lots of Fighting coverage this gen with things like Pheramosa, Tapu Bulu, and Buzzwole. Toxapex seems like a strong option though.

Can one do part of analysis? I really want to analyse celesteela, but I'm afraid I don't have the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)