Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

I was actually under the impression that it was the scarf set that made Chandelure rise. In any case, that set was discussed a bit in the VR - specs is by no means its only viable set.

Hey guys, not sure if this is the place to ask this, but how come there havent been any recent suspect tests? Magearna, dug, and even gren are just so broken in my opinion. The game is getting so stale lately im just seeing the same mons on every team. Am i the only one that feels this way? I understand that potential bans would change up the metagame quite a bit. If theres something im missing let me know! It would be cool to use more diverse teams without putting myself at a disadvantage

Hey guys, not sure if this is the place to ask this, but how come there havent been any recent suspect tests? Magearna, dug, and even gren are just so broken in my opinion. The game is getting so stale lately im just seeing the same mons on every team. Am i the only one that feels this way? I understand that potential bans would change up the metagame quite a bit. If theres something im missing let me know! It would be cool to use more diverse teams without putting myself at a
disadvantage
OLT is ongoing, and the council is split on potential suspects. afaik Dugtrio is most likely to get tested, but Greninja isn't even broken in this meta so idk why you brought that mon up lol

OLT is ongoing, and the council is split on potential suspects. afaik Dugtrio is most likely to get tested, but Greninja isn't even broken in this meta so idk why you brought that mon up lol
Ohh i didnt consider olt. I guess gren has just been real good throughout sm and has some broken abilities/ good movepool. You would know the criteria of whats suspect worthy better than me though. thanks for the reply

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Two moths ago, I asked if there will be any suspect test and Gary said that it will be decided after the World Cup.
Can we know if there's something programmed or is the meta perfectly balanced?

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Two moths ago, I asked if there will be any suspect test and Gary said that it will be decided after the World Cup.
Can we know if there's something programmed or is the meta perfectly balanced?
Yea there potentially was supposed to be a suspect test after WCOP but that got pushed back again so it might not be until the end of OLT. Another couple weeks or so.

Yea there potentially was supposed to be a suspect test after WCOP but that got pushed back again so it might not be until the end of OLT. Another couple weeks or so.
That's understandable.

What are the main threats that are currently on the radar?

Gary

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That's understandable.

What are the main threats that are currently on the radar?
That's a pretty broad question. It would be best just to look at the Viability Rankings. A general overview would be that Lando-T and Magearna are still the best Pokemon in the metagame. Greninja is often seen running T-spikes or Spikes sometimes even both, while Ash Gren is still a huge threat with the slight decline in Tangrowth usage. Balance has had a massive resurgence with Clefable, Celesteela, and Toxapex cores running around as well as Mega Venusaur seeing a lot of usage to counteract the influx in Tapu Bulu and Z Wild Charge Koko, as well as Magearna. Aurora Veil was very dominating in the beginning of OLT but now it's died down a lot with the introduction of Mega Diancie into the tier, which is a pretty big threat. Mew is still very popular as well for its ability to Defog and blanket check a lot of the tier. Dugtrio is a massive threat because of its trapping ability and is often paired alongside Zard-Y, making it near impossible to wall outside of Mantine. Stall is still prevalent, but less of SPL stall and more Double Defog.

But yeah check the VR for more info.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
I remember that there's a set for Mega Latias with Stored Power, but I don't remember how it is exactly.
Does anyone have it?

I remember that there's a set for Mega Latias with Stored Power, but I don't remember how it is exactly.
Does anyone have it?
Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock / Stored Power
- Surf / Thunderbolt

If speed tying with other Latis, Gengar, or Mega Diancie isn't important to you, you can move some EVs from speed to defense based on what you do want to outspeed. Otherwise this is it.

That set honestly isn't good. You have to hope to get statused otherwise Facade is too weak, especially with the Pixilate nerf. Cotton Guard also takes away from valuable coverage, or a more useful move like Heal Bell or Substitute.

If you want to run bulky DD Mega Altaria I would suggest using Dragon Dance, Return/Double-Edge, Roost and either Heal Bell or Substitute in the final slot. With a spread of 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe with an Impish nature. That lets you outrun Ash-Greninja at +2.

Gary

What is the spread and Nature for the Cotton Guard/Dragon Dance/Roost/Facade for Mega Altaria?
An optimal EV spread for it is 240 HP / 128 SpD / 140 Spe with a Jolly nature, which lets it outrun the likes of Scarf Garchomp at +2, as well as Adamant Bulu before a boost. Rest is just thrown into bulk.

But yeah the set is pretty mediocre overall, and is only really useful in certain match ups like vs rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)