Programming Single and Mass Damage Calculator For Up to Gen VI

Is there any way we can give you sets to add or that we can have access to the coding to add them ourselves?
The code's located at https://github.com/gamut-was-taken/gen6-damage-calc. If you want to add sets you can clone/fork the repository, add the sets into the setdex files, and submit a push request. Or not; you can host your own fork and make whatever changes you see fit. Either way the setdex files aren't pretty, so I should think of a friendlier way of adding sets.

Any way to sort all Pokémon by damage?
Currently no, sorry. That you asked for this means that there's some interest in not having Pokemon grouped and sorted by name. I was thinking of adding an option to turn that off, which would make the results sortable by damage. It's easy to implement, but it'll be a (short) while until I implement it.

SpaceBass is right; it was an update.

The calculator used to have Mega and Alternate formes separate from their base formes. I merged them because it was number one on Honko's TODO list for the calculator and a change I agreed with.

If more people ask for it, then I'll change the calculator back to the way it was. But for now I won't.

Occasionally, the calculator will randomize the IVs as if I'm in randbats mode. I use the calculator almost exclusively for adv if that helps figure out the bug at all. I can also take a screenshot the next time it happens to show I've not just accidentally set it to randbats mode.

http://puu.sh/h8KjR/2e5f9dc13d.png

Last edited:
A while back I had made it so that IVs change when you selected a Hidden Power. What's happening here is that those IVs are for HP Grass from Gen 2 and not Gen 3.

I'm sorry; I'll fix that up along with other stuff in a bit (by the end of tomorrow).

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
SpaceBass is right; it was an update.

The calculator used to have Mega and Alternate formes separate from their base formes. I merged them because it was number one on Honko's TODO list for the calculator and a change I agreed with.

If more people ask for it, then I'll change the calculator back to the way it was. But for now I won't.
I still think this is a good change because it lets you switch between formes without re-inputting any changes you've made to the set (especially useful for Aegislash or any megas that don't always mega-evo on the first turn), but I have a couple of suggestions that might make it clearer/easier to use. I would change the dropdown for formes into radio buttons (similar to Singles/Doubles or the weather selector) to make it more obvious, and I would add the mega stones as item options and have sets default to selecting the mega forme if the item is the Pokemon's mega stone. That's how I had planned to implement it when I was still working on the calc. That way there's no longer any extra step required to get to the mega stats when looking at a mega set, but you still have the ability to switch back and forth between formes without changing sets.

Great job on the updates to the calc by the way. Glad to see someone has picked up where I left off.

The calculator now accounts for stat drops/boosts for moves that have a 100% chance to modify stats (Draco Meteor, Power-Up Punch, etc.), though I don't guarantee it's perfect.

For example:
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Overheat vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Druddigon: 105-125 (29.6 - 35.3%) -- possible 7HKO
252+ Atk Mega Swampert Power-Up Punch vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 34-42 (9.8 - 12.2%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 248 HP / 164 SpD Arceus-Water: 285-335 (64.3 - 75.6%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO

I could program a jumpscare to let users know when Intimidate and any other abilities are in effect. Or just a regular popover. I'll think of something.

I have a couple of suggestions that might make it clearer/easier to use. I would change the dropdown for formes into radio buttons (similar to Singles/Doubles or the weather selector) to make it more obvious, and I would add the mega stones as item options and have sets default to selecting the mega forme if the item is the Pokemon's mega stone. That's how I had planned to implement it when I was still working on the calc. That way there's no longer any extra step required to get to the mega stats when looking at a mega set, but you still have the ability to switch back and forth between formes without changing sets.
Thanks, I like that suggestion. I'll make sure to implement it.

Last edited:
Hi, I've been using the calculator and it works great and all except for this random glitch(?) that pops up occasionally. For example when I was calcing Starmie vs Mega Metagross this popped up for Earthquake damage:

252 Atk Mega Metagross Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 136-160 (42.1 - 49.5%) -- nice move
Shouldn't it say something other than nice move? It doesn't change regardless of SR or Spikes.

Ah, it's a glitch borne from my most recent commit. If the Pokemon on the left's second move (or any other move) has 0 BP, then the Pokemon on the right's second move (again, or any other move) will report "nice move."

My bad, it's fixed.

Last edited:
Hey guys,I was wondering if there was a way that all vs one damage calculations can be exported for use. Right now, I'm creating a mathematical, ecological model where I simulate the population dynamics of pokemon if they lived in wild environments (like the OU environment), and see which species dominate or stabilize. In order to do this, I've been manually entering an OU pokemon, copying and pasting all the data into Excel, and deleting all the columns except the damage column. I'll have to do this process 267 times, in order to find the all v one calcs for every OU viable pokemon set on the calculator and create my 267x267 damage matrix. Is there a way to export all the data I need instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)