Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

Gonna list a few things about my team that should help with breaking it.
  • The Team is legitimately slow. 135 and T-wave aren't as good as they were in ORAS, Still workable but this leave's me open to strong nuetral fast attackers Like Gengar and Specs Lele, Rain if I dont play well enough as well.
  • Veil Teams are very threatening due to lack of immeadite firepower outside of lando but dont auto win. Not a great match up but Opening up with Clefable/Reuniclus and calm minding immeaditly usally force's switchs giving a chance for something like mananphy to set up. I only get one shot at doing this usally tho.
  • Protean Greninja, Bisharp and Duel Stabs double dance magearna are my worse nightmares with this team. Please do not counter team me with those or I will curse you with fairies. Thankfully Everyone use's Bolt beam Right now.

Things that dont work
  • Status and hazard spam is useless vs this team. Trying either usually results in a calm minding fat mon laughing at you.
  • Standard Stall teams dont match up well vs this team. Annoying to face yes but Lando, Manaphy and Clef seem to have it covered especially without duggy around.
  • Megas that aren't fairy or Fire Typed dont bother me at all. Diancie, Zards, Mawile can all potentially put in work however.
The team has served me well but its very meta dependant. As the meta becomes more offensive based I expect my team to struggle abit however

Been hanging around this thread for a little while and I decided that I think I want to just try to post a core(just for fun). Anyways, the core is Mega Diance+Tapu Koko(Sorry no sprites, I don't know how)

Mega Diance @ Diancinite
252 SpA+ 252 Spe 4 Atk
Ability: Magic Bounce
Diamond Storm
Moonblast
Calm Mind
Earth Power

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Terrain
252 Atk+ 252 Spe 4 Spa
Taunt
Wild Charge
Brave Bird
Roost

Explanation:
Tapu Koko stops Clefable from delivering any sort of Calm Mind Boosts and stops Reunicles(Forgot Spelling) from recovering from any Attack. Because the Team is relatively slow, Mega Diancie can afford to run a Modest Nature and still have the ability to set up many Calm Mind Boosts without Taking much Damage and Killing the Manetric with Earth Power while Manetric can't do much to it.. Mega Diancie Prevents Ferrothorn from stacking spikes. Tapu Koko heavily dent's Clefable with Z-WIld Charge and has Roost to recover from recoil of Brave Bird and Wild Charge. In general, this core has a good matchup with all mons except maybe ferrothorn but after Mega Diance get's to set up, Earth Power should do a decent amount of damage to Ferro.

Been hanging around this thread for a little while and I decided that I think I want to just try to post a core(just for fun). Anyways, the core is Mega Diance+Tapu Koko(Sorry no sprites, I don't know how)

Mega Diance @ Diancinite
252 SpA+ 252 Spe 4 Atk
Ability: Magic Bounce
Diamond Storm
Moonblast
Calm Mind
Earth Power

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Terrain
252 Atk+ 252 Spe 4 Spa
Taunt
Wild Charge
Brave Bird
Roost

Explanation:
Tapu Koko stops Clefable from delivering any sort of Calm Mind Boosts and stops Reunicles(Forgot Spelling) from recovering from any Attack. Because the Team is relatively slow, Mega Diancie can afford to run a Modest Nature and still have the ability to set up many Calm Mind Boosts without Taking much Damage and Killing the Manetric with Earth Power while Manetric can't do much to it.. Mega Diancie Prevents Ferrothorn from stacking spikes. Tapu Koko heavily dent's Clefable with Z-WIld Charge and has Roost to recover from recoil of Brave Bird and Wild Charge. In general, this core has a good matchup with all mons except maybe ferrothorn but after Mega Diance get's to set up, Earth Power should do a decent amount of damage to Ferro.
You can find sprites here. Just change the diancie-mega to whatever Pokemon that you want, then copy the sprite and paste them here.

As for your nomination, I would say please do not run Modest Mega Diancie. Yes, it can be effective against this team but without a +Spe nature, Diancie gets outsped by a lot of threats in the metagame and is not desirable. I have also not seen a Physical Koko without HP Ice in this meta.

Time for nominations is over. Voting wil begin. Only a few this week so you can vote once only Ah well

Cores/Mons
Bisharp
Gengar
Tapu Bulu + Heatran

Voting ends Wednsday. Goodluck

BlisseyandChansey123 Thanks for your nomination but as it is I cant accept it. While Koko set is usable. Diancie needs to be either Max Timid or Naive for this core viable. 110+ Is standard for Offensive mons lacking a scarf or Priority and losing that speed means mons it usally beats handily like Garchomp, Volcarona, Latis, Lele and Keldeo suddenly make diancie a liabity while stuff like Max Speed Jirachi go from Hard check to counter. Simply put Without its speed tier Diancie would lose alot of its power.

Voting is closed and its time to announce the winner. Tapu Bulu + Heatran is the winner for this week with 3 Votes. Congrats to Indigo Plateau for making the archive a 4th time (Yes I know I have to update it. Work ambushed me with six 10 hour shifts this week). Next week Hopefully he'll have a team ready

This week we will be breaking a Mega venusuar team built by OUs all mighty Eclipse staring Z celebrate victini because obviously something as cute as it will be celebrating.

Sets
Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Celebrate
- Fire Blast
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 104 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Knock Off

Explanation:
I wanted to support Victini with my favorite offensive core in the meta atm, Koko + the legendary LOKB. I use Fire Blast on Victini cause I'm no pussy and I find the minor extra power a bit more preferable over accuracy + burn chance. Kyurem's EVs are to 2HKO Chansey with Fusion Bolt in Electric Terrain + HP Fire to weaken Ferrothorn and Scizor, even if Victini sets up on those just cause they're an annoyance to the rest of the team. Specs Koko is basically my go to set on offense nowadays especially if Duggy gets the hammer, it's so fucking good and lures in Ferrothorn for anything to take advantage of it. Next up is Defog + 3 Attacks Scarf Latios with Surf to weaken Tyranitar and Heatran which can be annoyances. I at first had this as Soul Dew, but I figured the speed control was nice so I changed it to Scarf. Next up I needed a mega along with a more solid Water-resist, so I threw on Mega Venusaur which also checks annoying shit like Celesteela, Mega Mawile, Greninja, Koko, and so on while also being a T-Spikes absorber in the event that Lati can't Defog them away. Finally I needed a Rocker along with another mon to pressure the hell out of stall, so I threw on Earth Plate + Gravity Lando. Team is weak af to Lele as the Psychic-resists are Lati and Victini, but at least Victini sets up on that so it isn't as much of a deal in practice as it looks to be on paper.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-630671181

Goodluck to everyone this week.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

The standard set walls most of the team cuz it didn't bring coverage. Since its only pivot move is Volt Switch, it also has trouble keeping up momentum vs. Gastrodon teams.
+1 252 SpA Victini Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 201-237 (47.1 - 55.6%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
32 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 125-148 (29.3 - 34.7%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 129-153 (30.2 - 35.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 174-205 (40.8 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 178-211 (41.7 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 47-56 (11 - 13.1%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed damage
252 Atk Earth Plate Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 289-342 (67.8 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
As you can see, only Landorus-Therian and post-setup Victini can properly break Gastrodon, and Lando-T doesn't necessarily want to stay in and take that Scald if you need it for something else. If Gastrodon is healthy, it can even potentially check Victini by switching in while it sets up, using Toxic, and Recovering repeatedly until poison damage stops Vic from sweeping your team afterwards. Mega Venusaur Leech Seeds Gastrodon and is immune to Toxic, but that's about it.
Probably the best Gastrodon teammate for breaking this team is Mega Pinsir. Nothing wants to switch into Return, except for Tapu Koko exactly once, and Tapu Koko is nearly invalidated by Gastrodon. More broadly, Mega Pinsir appreciates Gastrodon's ability to repeatedly switch into Electric-, Rock-, and Fire- type moves, while Gastrodon invites Grass-type moves that Mega Pinsir can easily come in on. Both of Gastrodon's real checks on this team, Venu and Lando, risk inviting Mega Pinsir in free of charge should they use a move that actually does anything to Gastrodon (Leech or EQ). MPinsir should probably have its own post.

Of course, if you're not running a Mega Pinsir team, other Flying-types do a good job too. Defensive Lando-T with Hidden Power Ice can wall this team's Lando and do 30%ish chunks to Mega Venusaur, pressuring it to recover and overall making it that much less of a threat. Mega Charizard Y is sorta like Pinsir in its ability to come in on VenuLando and threaten the entire team.

Fat Water-types, while doing nothing to help Gastrodon with its Grass problem, really love its ability to handle KoKyuB while they help pressure Mega Venusaur and Victini. SubTect Suicune in particular sets up on Mega Venusaur if it can get a CM first or if it wins a 50/50 on Sludge Bomb vs Leech Seed, and melts Lando-T like cotton candy; it's also another thing for Victini to take two turns to kill whilst eating 31-37% from a Scald.

Latios also gets special note for getting hella chip on Victini by virtue of not being 2HKOed, and for kicking Lando and Mega Venusaur's ass with its STABs (assuming it doesn't eat Koff first). Not to mention Gastrodon appreciates it switching into Grass moves and Defogging away Spikes and shit against other teams. Latios and other Psychic-types definitely deserve their own submission, actually.

Last edited:
Curious. Surely theres more then one way to break this team. Wheres the ghost resist, How does it handle Ice Punch Mega lop outside mega venu. Heck Calm mind T-wave clefable can be a nuisence to. Come on Lets see everyone get creative otherwise I'll create something worse then ORAS clefable to plague the ladder.

Reserving Lele + Diancie

Lele and Mega Diancie are able to break this team due to its poor fairy and psychic resist.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Nature Power

Lele
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini in Psychic Terrain: 165-195 (48.3 - 57.1%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-Black: 510-600 (130.4 - 153.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 295-348 (104.9 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 428-506 (142.1 - 168.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO/
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios in Psychic Terrain: 153-180 (50.8 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 248 HP / 104 SpD Venusaur-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 518-612 (142.6 - 168.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian in Psychic Terrain: 399-469 (125 - 147%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Diancie
4 Atk Diancie-Mega Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini: 324-384 (95 - 112.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-Black: 396-468 (101.2 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 229-271 (81.4 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 336-396 (111.6 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Nature Power vs. 248 HP / 104 SpD Venusaur-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 240-284 (66.1 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 219-258 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

U could probably add defensive Lando-T to this core as it gives rocks that annoys the team as well as u-turn support to bring in Lele or Diancie, also annoying m-venu due to it not carrying giga drain.

Last edited:
Reserving Chansey. Because Im a mean person

Sets
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Explanation: Kind of a glaring weakness as Outside of Lando the team is pretty much hard walled and while chansey wont win on its own stoping the main win condition, Chipping away and spreading status as well as forcing lando for easy doubles makes it to much of a threat to ignore. Pretty Much anything special wise the team tries just bounces off and for victini to sweep chansey has to be removed

Calcs
+1 252 SpA Victini Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 156-184 (22.1 - 26.1%) -- 8.5% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 169-199 (24 - 28.3%) -- 96% chance to 4HKO

Support: Chansey cant win on its own So either your playing stall or your using it on a balance team that has a win con and an out to lando (Seriously if anyone lacks a lando out I'll cry). On Balance Mons like Tangrowth and Clefable make for good bulky allies while Things like Ice punch mega Lop and Trick room make good lures. Basically force lando to die, Weaken the rest of the team with chansey, then use your win con whatever it maybe.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)