Other SM NU kaDABin' with a sash

Hey everyone! This is an NU team that I've had alot of fun using.
First time post but I hope this does the job.
It is somewhat of a Volt turn team with Spike stacking
Lets role right into each mon's key role and how it synergizes with the other members

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Future Sight

So I'm a huge fan in the utility that a sash zam offers, and I wanted to bring that to nu. This guy here is my main form of toxic and burn status absorption as well as checking the mons that want to set up on me like minior, scrafty, and barbaricle. He also will work well with qwilfish. Future Sight forces switches and with some spike stacking and nice chip from early game Volt turn makes this guy perty scery late game.

Drampa @ Firium Z
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse

Drampa is my nuke. The wallbreaker. Its job is to take out the one Mon I need it to and the rest is gravy. I have been interchanging firium z and fire blast with focus blast and fightinium z (people usually wouldnt expect it with a passimian on the team). Also a fun gimmick that has worked well is hurricane with flyinium z. However the most consistent is fire blast with z. Inferno overdrive will ohko almost every Grass type as well as steelix (after spikes to break sturdy) out there that might threaten Evire from clicking wild charge/ Volt switch. Drampa also gives me some bulk and resistances with its great Dragon/normal typing that I wouldnt necessarily have otherwise.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall

This guy is my answer to shuckle. Pretty standard set but keeping sticky webs off for as long as possible is something that makes me happy. And getting rid of t spikes while intimidating on the switch in helps while also forcing switches. This guy checks drap and almost always sets up 2 layers before going down, and allows for easy revenge killing. Twave with waterfall allows for some nice para flinch opportunities as well.

Electivire @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Ice Punch

Evire hits like like a truck and, if he gets his motor drive boost, there isnt much that outspeeds him. Eq and ice punch for coverage but most of the time im hitting Stab Volt switch for initiative or wild charge to slam anything. He pairs well with qwil fish by catchin those electric moves and hitting hard with an eq or knocking out the ground types with ice punch. And works with trev well by checking fire types and drap (as long as he is weakened). I decided on a lonely nature because I didnt want to lower his sp Atk and, since qwil has intimidate, his defense would have been indirectly bolstered.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Phantom Force
- Horn Leech

Trevenant here is my sp Def tank. He offeres up some leech seeding and wisping to force switches. Horn leech does massive damage to quagsire and gastrodon and phantom force is fun to use when you want to stall with wisp and seed. I chose to go with harvest over natural cure because I have plenty of status absorbers in kadarbra, Evire, drampa, and qwilfish to an extent. Besides, there is something magical about double harvesting a Sitrus Berry and getting leech seed health back. He also offers spin blocking for the team.

Passimian @ Choice Band
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Finally, passimian offers a few things: An answer to Ice, dark, and steel types, hard hitting uturns, and priority. Iron Head and Rock tomb have been changed around from time to time depending on my play style of the day. And in that such case I change his nature to adamant so the speed drop can work even more to my advantage Both offer answers to articuno but I find Evire to be a good answer to most flying types anyway that iron head is usually the way to go. Especially with some powerful fairies around the teir. I cant wait for this thing to get defiant. He will he a monster.

Noteable issues:
no hazard control (no Rapid spin or defog)
Weak to strong priority (ex: sd sucker punch)
No phasing capabilities (Roar, dtail, etc.)
All mons are grounded (tspikes, spikes, webs, eq, etc)

Overall, I enjoy using this team and would appreciate your feedback on what improvements or advantages you see. Thank you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)