Resource USM OU Role Compendium

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think that the terrain abusers should be absolutely limited to only the most successful and famous cores known for abusing it, like Medi + Lele. That way, we don't have to put in a ton of random mons as Leo said.
The terrain sections altogether strike me as unnecessary. Too many mons have equivalent benefits from terrains, and while a very limited few exceptions (Koko + Hawlucha, Zam + Lele) really deserve their spots, it's rare in this meta to see teams hinging around a terrain like weather teams do. The section would either be overly diverse or extremely limited and lacking in substance. I'm axing this section like I did for the Z-Moves section. If you have any strong feelings against this, please let me know, but I personally don't believe a terrain core fully qualifies as a role in this current meta.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
how is tangrowth not a wall? there is the phys def set
To my understanding, walls are usually unable to hit back in any meaningful way.

Tangrowth can hit back thanks to its coverage and decent offensive stats.

GMars

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
how is tangrowth not a wall? there is the phys def set
It's listed under physical walls so I'm not sure what you're talking about
To my understanding, walls are usually unable to hit back in any meaningful way.

Tangrowth can hit back thanks to its coverage and decent offensive stats.
This is untrue, a wall is simply defined as "A Pokemon intended to take either physical or special attacks extremely effectively and consistently over the course of a battle." Being weak offensively has nothing to do with being a wall

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Tini isn't anything sans a sweeper. Remove it from all other places.
Scolipede is a shit suicide lead, definitely remove. The only real niche it has is SD water z.
Remove CB buzzwole, lmao that died a while back.
For other trappers, remove fini and toxapex because they're just bad trappers.
Nihilego is a bad specs user, remove it.
All for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

GMars

Tini isn't anything sans a sweeper. Remove it from all other places.
Scolipede is a shit suicide lead, definitely remove. The only real niche it has is SD water z.
Remove CB buzzwole, lmao that died a while back.
For other trappers, remove fini and toxapex because they're just bad trappers.
Nihilego is a bad specs user, remove it.
All for now.
Victini still has a Choice Band set as an analysis, and as long as a set has an analysis on site, it'll probably be in that section regardless if it's outclassed by another set. Ideally I'll link this compendium with the OU Sets VR rather than the OU VR to help distinguish between good sets (Z-Tini in B-) from niche sets (Band Tini in C-). Pex has an Infestation mention in its primary set, while Tapu Fini also has a Whirlpool mention in its main set, so I'll also definitely be leaving those in for now.

The rest of the sets were/are in the compendium because of their mentions in OO. If a set gets a strong OO mention, they've generally been included in this project. However, when this project is linked up with the Sets VR, they should be relegated to the niche sections.

Good OO sets include things like Suicide Lead Scolipede. While its primary niche is SD water z, you can still use it as a decent dual spikes lead that isn't completely outclassed by focus sash gren, because it allows you to use an offensive Greninja as a teammate. Suicide Lead Scolipede also gets a strong OO mention in its analysis.

Examples of bad OO sets are CB Buzzwole and Scarf/Specs Victini that tend to get talked about negatively in their own analyses and are extremely niche on Pokemon that are already have only a very limited niche in OU. Removing those.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Victini still has a Choice Band set as an analysis, and as long as a set has an analysis on site, it'll probably be in that section regardless if it's outclassed by another set. Ideally I'll link this compendium with the OU Sets VR rather than the OU VR to help distinguish between good sets (Z-Tini in B-) from niche sets (Band Tini in C-). Pex has an Infestation mention in its primary set, while Tapu Fini also has a Whirlpool mention in its main set, so I'll also definitely be leaving those in for now.

The rest of the sets were/are in the compendium because of their mentions in OO. If a set gets a strong OO mention, they've generally been included in this project. However, when this project is linked up with the Sets VR, they should be relegated to the niche sections.

Good OO sets include things like Suicide Lead Scolipede. While its primary niche is SD water z, you can still use it as a decent dual spikes lead that isn't completely outclassed by focus sash gren, because it allows you to use an offensive Greninja as a teammate. Suicide Lead Scolipede also gets a strong OO mention in its analysis.

Examples of bad OO sets are CB Buzzwole and Scarf/Specs Victini that tend to get talked about negatively in their own analyses and are extremely niche on Pokemon that are already have only a very limited niche in OU. Removing those.
I, in what I was suggesting, was basing it off the sets vr myself (I could have sworn bandtini was Ur), alongside general community discussion. Sorry.

Tapu Koko should be added to Choice Specs users, Requested this 2 months ago but it never got added however it is the first set you see in Tapu Koko's analysis so it needs to be added on.

Would it be possible to add a section for immunities? Immunities to certain types (most notably electric and ground) can be extremely useful on offensive teams and it would be nice if there was a place where all the relevant/good ones were all collected in one place to make it easier to select the best one for the team.

GMars

Would it be possible to add a section for immunities? Immunities to certain types (most notably electric and ground) can be extremely useful on offensive teams and it would be nice if there was a place where all the relevant/good ones were all collected in one place to make it easier to select the best one for the team.
You can get immunities just off of dex info and imo wouldn't provide enough useful content to justify the massive amount of mons w/ each immunity
add mew to special breakers cause mewnium and also cause its under nasty plot users already
done, thanks
remove celesteela from wallbreakers. that set was only on webs, was still bad on webs and has never broken through a wall in it's life.
done, thanks

Also updated to the latest VR post

Celesteela is still listed as a mixed wallbreaker, idk if you left if there intentionally.
Also zapdos should be added to rain.
Magneton should get a mention as a niche scarfer and trapper.
Skarm as niche suicide lead.
Volcanion did well in snake and should be not in the niche section.
Does talonflame really deserve even niche mention as a wallbreaker?
Mega Gallade should be moved to niche.
Regular Metagross could get a niche mention as a pursuit trapper.

Last edited:

GMars

Celesteela is still listed as a mixed wallbreaker, idk if you left if there intentionally.
Also zapdos should be added to rain.
Magneton should get a mention as a niche scarfer and trapper.
Skarm as niche suicide lead.
Volcanion did well in snake and should be not in the niche section.
Does talonflame really deserve even niche mention as a wallbreaker?
Mega Gallade should be moved to niche.
Regular Metagross could get a niche mention as a pursuit trapper.
Thanks, Removed mixed wallbreaker celesteela mention, added zapdos to rain, moved skarm to niche suicide lead, volcanion is still C+ in the vr, talonflame is still C- on the VR, Gallade is still B- on the vr, saving niche placements for C+ and below. Not adding magneton since I'm trying to link this a bit more closely w/ the vr than it has been in the past and scarf magneton doesn't have a solid enough niche in the current meta, same w/ pursuit metagross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)