SM UU Beta (Mewnium Z, Staraptor, Victini banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same commentary than in the creative and underrated sets but yeah, I want people to look at this '-'
(If it's not tolerate, i will delete that one no problem)

Entei @ Grassium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Solar Beam

With the ban of Victini.. I searched some good Fire type and then I remember and old ORAS friend aka Entei.
This is basically the version 2.0 of Natural Gift + Liechi Berry Entei and trust me, this version is trully better than the previous one.
First Z-Stone so ..can't be K-Off + if your life is low, you don't have to fear your berry to be used.

Then the interesting part that everybody looking for.. time fort calcs :

First test on Swampert :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 340-404 (84.7 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 492-580 (122.6 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Then Rhyperior (yeah he's not use a lot ik..) :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 264-312 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 384-453 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Hippodown :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 154-182 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- 98.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 254-300 (60.4 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Suicune (basically the only one who still is a pain for Entei) :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 146-172 (36.1 - 42.5%) -- 93.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 198-234 (49 - 57.9%) -- 53.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And finaly.. Alomomola :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 40 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 182-216 (37.8 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 40 HP / 216 SpD Alomomola: 294-348 (61.1 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see, Solar Beam aka Bloom Doom does a lot of damage to the most common Entei checks / counters. But remember you juste have one chance so don't click you're Z-Move too early on the game. If you used Entei, wait 1 or 2 more turn to used Bloom Doom. Cuz' your opponent may want to check your set so if he send a Pokemon that resist Sacred Fire and is weak to Bloom Doom, just switch and he will think you can't pass throught the Entei check. Then the next time he will send this Pokémon, just stay and Bloom Doom away !

Enjoy Entei o/

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Same commentary than in the creative and underrated sets but yeah, I want people to look at this '-'
(If it's not tolerate, i will delete that one no problem)

Entei @ Grassium Z
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Solar Beam

With the ban of Victini.. I searched some good Fire type and then I remember and old ORAS friend aka Entei.
This is basically the version 2.0 of Natural Gift + Liechi Berry Entei and trust me, this version is trully better than the previous one.
First Z-Stone so ..can't be K-Off + if your life is low, you don't have to fear your berry to be used.

Then the interesting part that everybody looking for.. time fort calcs :

First test on Swampert :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 340-404 (84.7 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 492-580 (122.6 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Then Rhyperior (yeah he's not use a lot ik..) :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 264-312 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 384-453 (88.6 - 104.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Hippodown :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 154-182 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- 98.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 254-300 (60.4 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Suicune (basically the only one who still is a pain for Entei) :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 146-172 (36.1 - 42.5%) -- 93.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 198-234 (49 - 57.9%) -- 53.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And finaly.. Alomomola :

• 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Entei Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 40 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 182-216 (37.8 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
• 0- SpA Entei Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 40 HP / 216 SpD Alomomola: 294-348 (61.1 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see, Solar Beam aka Bloom Doom does a lot of damage to the most common Entei checks / counters. But remember you juste have one chance so don't click you're Z-Move too early on the game. If you used Entei, wait 1 or 2 more turn to used Bloom Doom. Cuz' your opponent may want to check your set so if he send a Pokemon that resist Sacred Fire and is weak to Bloom Doom, just switch and he will think you can't pass throught the Entei check. Then the next time he will send this Pokémon, just stay and Bloom Doom away !

Enjoy Entei o/
Question: what are your thoughts on Naive/Naughty vs Adamant? Increases the overall power of the set and giving you more chances to score 2HKOs and OHKOs.

e: ah true, forgot about e-speed.

Last edited:
Victini, come back, I don't wanna be Sacred Fire'd and then burned to death. Even with the burn nerf, Entei is still very annoying, thanks to it's ability to slowly wear down your entire team through Burn damage, and will likely once again become UU's best/most used Fire-Type again.
Also, I just noticed that the Pokémon who likely came the closest to fully countering Staraptor is... Regular Rotom with a decent defensive investment. Yeah. Can we just pre-emptively ban Staraptor next gen? It just seems inevitable.

Victini, come back, I don't wanna be Sacred Fire'd and then burned to death. Even with the burn nerf, Entei is still very annoying, thanks to it's ability to slowly wear down your entire team through Burn damage, and will likely once again become UU's best/most used Fire-Type again.
Also, I just noticed that the Pokémon who likely came the closest to fully countering Staraptor is... Regular Rotom with a decent defensive investment. Yeah. Can we just pre-emptively ban Staraptor next gen? It just seems inevitable.
Doublade says hi.

And remember that now that we're a regular tier, things will start being individually suspected, so Victini may indeed just come back

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
Two mons that I've been finding good mileage out of in UU:

zygarde-10.gif

Zygarde-10% @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed
- Glare

Using Thousand Arrows alongside Tectonic Rage is actually really cool, and can (or could) punish a lot of flying types that want to come in. Something to put it into perspective:

• 252+ Atk Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 111-132 (31.5 - 37.5%) -- 96.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
  • 252+ Atk Zygarde-10% Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 220-261 (62.5 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
Crunch and Espeed gives me max neutral coverage, and helps me pick weakened things off through Priority and the off defense drop. As a mon on it's own - I COULD run DD, but on the team I'm using: Glare supplies me with better team support.

necrozma.gif

Necrozma @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock

Most Necrozma sets run Leftovers, but with the way Filter Prism Armor works alongside it's Psychic typing, I thought... why not Rocky Helmet? Alongside the standard SR: It allows me to punish Uturners; get back at Knock Off spam; and (considering I take less damage from the following), I don't fear being pursuit trapped (and I deliver 16% back for it). Moonlight (and/or Morning Sun) for recovery, and Toxic for more chip damage + punish other SR leads like Swampert/Krookodile/Hippowdon etc.. Psyshock for main STAB as well.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Some thoughts of some Pokémon...

Chesnaught is really great right now. With Staraptor and Victini gone, Chesnaught in theory should have a great time checking many threats. Not to mention its SubSalac set, that benefits so much from the bans, as Staraptor and Victini were the main scarfers. I have been experimenting with it for quite a while and once it sets up, it's really difficult to stop. Watch out for it!

I am talking about Defensive Infernape, I have never really used offensive variants. It has an amazing defensive typing - thanks to it, it can wall Bisharp, Scior, Mega-Absol and more. Not only that, it has access to amazing support moves such as Stealth Rock, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic and more, is not that passive thanks to STAB Iron Fist boosted Fire Punches or Flare Blitzs, coming from a respectful base 104 attack and it a reliable recovery in Slack Off. Try it out, it won't let you down!

Talked about it earlier, but I would like to make another post about it. Its typing and respectable bulk make it able to come in on many threats such as Gliscor, Keldeo, Empoleon, non-Nasty Plot/Grass Knot Thundurus-T, non-Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl and like almost every other non-grass passive Pokémon assuming it doesn't run Toxic.

The three make a pretty good core together

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some thoughts of some Pokémon...

Chesnaught is really great right now. With Staraptor and Victini gone, Chesnaught in theory should have a great time checking many threats. Not to mention its SubSalac set, that benefits so much from the bans, as Staraptor and Victini were the main scarfers. I have been experimenting with it for quite a while and once it sets up, it's really difficult to stop. Watch out for it!

I am talking about Defensive Infernape, I have never really used offensive variants. It has an amazing defensive typing - thanks to it, it can wall Bisharp, Scior, Mega-Absol and more. Not only that, it has access to amazing support moves such as Stealth Rock, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Toxic and more, is not that passive thanks to STAB Iron Fist boosted Fire Punches or Flare Blitzs, coming from a respectful base 104 attack and it a reliable recovery in Slack Off. Try it out, it won't let you down!

Talked about it earlier, but I would like to make another post about it. Its typing and respectable bulk make it able to come in on many threats such as Gliscor, Keldeo, Empoleon, non-Nasty Plot/Grass Knot Thundurus-T, non-Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl and like almost every other non-grass passive Pokémon assuming it doesn't run Toxic.

The three make a pretty good core together
This core gets demolished by offensive Water-types that aren't afraid of Gastrodon...Azumarill, Grassium Z Volcanion, Primarina...shoot, stuff like Kyurem, Hydreigon, CM Latias, Toxic Gliscor, and various other mons can break this core down pretty easily. I won't lie, I lost a game because of an unexpected bulky Ape surviving things that should have killed it otherwise, but as far as defensive Fire-types go, I don't see what bulky Ape brings you over Arcanine, which has better bulk, Intimidate, and more serviceable priority in Extreme Speed. The only downside I guess is that Intimidate gets you destroyed by Bisharp, but any faster Fighting-type being on your team keeps you from being swept by Bisharp anyway.

Now that the meta has kind of settled, I am seeing a ton of nasty plotting thundurus, and it basically rolls over balanced and bulky offense teams, and it does well against offense since it has a great speed tier. What do you guys see as potentially broken atm?

I agree with Thundurus. It's pretty difficult to deal with because of his great offensive stats, his amazing speed of 111 (this BS is trully insane right now) and his huge Movepool. Basically there is a ton of possibility on this Pokemon and this versatility make him very dangerous :

- NP + 3 attack
- Double dance (aka Nasty Plot and Agility)
- Scarf which allows him to RK the majority of the tier
- Specs for a powerful Volt-Switch abusers
- Set with All-Out Pummeling (Focus Blast or mixed with Superpower)

Imo this thing is probably the scariest threat on the actual UU.

Volcanion is pretty dangerous too. Don't have many Switch-In and Z-Solar Beam or Z-Superpower allow him to break throught is counter.

King UU edit: changed it from Tornadus to Thundurus.

Moutemoute re-edit : Ty for the corrections !

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This core gets demolished by offensive Water-types that aren't afraid of Gastrodon...Azumarill, Grassium Z Volcanion, Primarina...shoot, stuff like Kyurem, Hydreigon, CM Latias, Toxic Gliscor, and various other mons can break this core down pretty easily. I won't lie, I lost a game because of an unexpected bulky Ape surviving things that should have killed it otherwise, but as far as defensive Fire-types go, I don't see what bulky Ape brings you over Arcanine, which has better bulk, Intimidate, and more serviceable priority in Extreme Speed. The only downside I guess is that Intimidate gets you destroyed by Bisharp, but any faster Fighting-type being on your team keeps you from being swept by Bisharp anyway.
Yes, Arcanine is bulkier, but its reliable recovery has less PP, it has neither Stealth Rock nor Taunt, it is slower and doesn't resist Dark (as you said, it gets destroyed by Bisharp). Each team has its own needs.

Last edited:
Thundy is pretty annoying right now, but I've been running bulky teams (Swampy, Umbreon, Snorlax, etc...). Focus Blast and Grass Knot have to be watched off course, but LO wears Thundy down quickly.

I do like Volcanion in the tier, along with Keldeo (Florges is pretty cool at checking Keldeo). Other than that, I've been having fun with SD Decidueye with Decidium-Z. It can 2hko Tsareena and most Scizor that switch in on predicted Leaf Blade, but get trapped with Spirit Shackle. Undoubtedly Sinister Arrow finishes them off most of the time afterwards since Decidueye out speeds them

fast/spdef SD gliscor is also a deadly stall breaker, can run toxic to defeat quag and basically win.
its scary for balance too D:
what are counters/checks besides faster water/ice mons

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gliscor with Ice Fang is one of the most consistent ways to take on opposing Glisc if you're not using a Water type. You can also abuse it with stuff like bulky SD Sciz and CM Lati if doesn't have Taunt or Knock Off / U-Turn, respectively. HC M-Aero, which is relatively unexplored in this meta, and I think has a lot of potential, can also take it on rather convincingly.

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
fast/spdef SD gliscor is also a deadly stall breaker, can run toxic to defeat quag and basically win.
its scary for balance too D:
what are counters/checks besides faster water/ice mons
Just listing a bunch of random mons...
Rotom-Mow / Heat are immune to EQ and can maybe trick Gliscor a Scarf/Specs but, obviously they would be badly poisoned, and can threaten it with HP Ice or Leaf Storm.
Whimsicott, Thundurus and Tornadus can use Prankster to Taunt Gliscor first and then proceed to do their shenanigans to it. They also resist or are immune to EQ
Maybe irrelevant but, Comfey also outspeeds and can Taunt Gliscor first and proceed to set-up Calm Minds.

Last edited:

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

SubCM Raikou is a super solid wincon right now that I feel is a little overlooked. Base 115 speed and a favourable matchup vs most of the priority users in the tier makes it fairly effective as a cleaner, and there isn't a ton outside of water/ground's and SpDef hippo that can handle it at +1, especially if it has a sub up as well. It has enough bulk to take a neutral hit or two or for its sub to take one from more passive mons (eg Amoonguss).

I've found some success running it on a fat team with Bisharp to trap Latias and some of the other bulkier psychics that want to try and switch in to it.

Posting this here as per KingUU's suggestion, thought maybe it would open some discussion:

Given that the Tapus are likely to remain OU for the entirety of the generation, the UU and below tiers don't have access to auto-Terrain and therefore have to rely on 'mons that can actually learn and execute the setting moves. Thankfully, though, with Terrain Extender this is far more viable than in GenVI.

I'm mainly wondering, in a meta without auto-Terrain, who would be the best setters of each terrain in a Singles format? Given the relatively sparse distribution of the Terrain moves compared to Weather and the overall more dramatic effect that Terrains can have, I'd say a few 'mons would probably see a viability increase in a meta without auto-Terrain; or would Terrain teams be altogether abandoned?

Let's start with the lists first. I'll be listing every 'mon except the Ubers and the Tapus since we never know who might drop down to UU down the line.

Misty Terrain setters:
-Mr. Mime
-Gardevoir
-Gallade

-Audino
-Florges
-Meowstic-M
-Aromatisse
-Sylveon
-Primarina
-Clefable

-Wigglytuff
-Mawille
  • Worth noting that Gallade is the only non-Fairy (aside from Meowstic-M) to get the move, and thus the only one that would actually benefit from the half Dragon-type damage. It's also the only setter (aside from Mega-Mawille which is potentially Uber) that is a physical attacker, and thus most benefits from the status immunity by avoiding burns.

Grassy Terrain setters:
-Vileplume
-Bellosom
-Tangrowth
-Roserade
-Florges
-Comfey
-Venusaur
-Exeggutor (both forms)
-Meganium

-Jumpluff
-Sunflora
-Sceptile
-Shiftry
-Torterra
-Serperior

-Maractus
  • Worth noting that Florges is the only 'mon that gets access to two different Terrain moves, with Grassy and Misty Terrains.
  • Venusaur seems the most effective user for the fact that it can use it as its Mega evolution move and give itself effectively 6 resistances and only 2 weaknesses, while also making its STAB stronger in the process. Having a 4x resistance to Grass also means that it still retains an effective resistance to it even when opposing Grass-types get the 50% power boost from the terrain.
  • Meanwhile poor Torterra gets its superior STAB weakened by the move and gives itself an effective weakness to opposing Grass-types...

Electric Terrain setters:
-Magnezone
-Manectric

-Luxray
-Electivire
-Togedemaru
-Xurkitree
-Raichu (both forms)
-Ampharos

-Heliolisk
  • Alola Raichu is the obvious standout due to its ability, Surge Surfer. A Timid Raichu-A can outspeed a max speed Choice Scarf Pheromosa with only 180 Speed EVs. Modest Raichu-A with max Speed EVs misses out on that by a hair but outspeeds just about everything else, speed tying with Choice Scarfed max speed base 145s.
  • Mega-Ampharos gets a mention for being the only setter that retains an effective resistance to opposing 50% boosted Electric-types thanks to its secondary Dragon typing.

Psychic Terrain setters:
-Mew (only once with MewniumZ but currently banned)
-Musharna
-Beheeyem
-Oranguru
  • Easily the rarest Terrain move, the newest and, in my opinion, the most useful: allowing your team to avoid priority attacks is a godsend to almost every setup sweeper strategy. It is also the one with the least OU-viable setters to choose from. Oranguru is perhaps the best choice due to its bulkiness and superior typing over the two pure Psychic-types. Unfortunately, it's not a 'mon very well suited to Singles, however, in the absence of auto-Terrain, it would probably be the 'mon that would see the highest usage increase, I'd wager.

Last edited:
My issue with terrains is simply it feels like a waste of a moveslot for such a niche pick, while they certainly have some benefit it just is so small especially when you consider the setters either having better options for a moveslot or just being completely unviable in there own right. Terrains will likely see no use (if any very little) in a singles format outside of the auto-setters.

Also i have no clue if Ghost is a popular/threatening typing in UU (and not that this matters both mons offer so little) but Musharna is much better then Oranguru just in terms of recovery access with Moonlight and the psychic typing which again depends on if Fighting is more popular then Ghost i got no clue.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Okay I have some cool sets to drop here. Pretty sure I've begun to lose my mind but I think these sets might be worth it. They will be in order from most bizarre to least bizarre.

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Dark Pulse / Substitute / Will-o-Wisp / Flame Charge
- Nasty Plot

Okay this might seem absolutely terrible at first but hear me out. This set is the next big thing, well not really but I think it's good. The main draw here is crazy wallbreaking power, good accuracy moves, and team support. Drought helps you tremendously in weather matchups and can free up some team options that you normally wouldn't see such as Venusaur. Third slot is preference, DPulse for Chand, Sub to block Blissey's Toxic, Wisp to cripple Aero, and Flame Charge to try and cheese Aero after rocks. Obviously Flame Charge is terrible but if you get good rolls you do kill aero after rocks which is funny. You probably don't buy this set just yet so here are some calcs to convince you.
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 498-586 (118.5 - 139.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon in Sun: 360-423 (110.7 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Solar Beam vs. 120 HP / 252 SpD Alomomola: 476-560 (95 - 111.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 338-398 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 508-598 (71.1 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Ninetales Fire Blast vs. 244 HP / 200+ SpD Gliscor in Sun: 358-423 (101.7 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Slack Off

This is just a tech move I've been messing around with on MixNape. Nape is one of the easiest Scizor checks to fit on offense but it rarely is able to function as one late in the game. Therefore I've started trying out Slack Off in the last slot to increase your longevity. Lati switches into you every time anyways so you're not losing too much. I ran this with a trapper because walled by Chand and Lati.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam / Gyro Ball / Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Toxic

I wish GameFreak gave us Mega Steelix. Whatever, this thing is still pretty anti-meta. Its typing is super solid to check pokemon like Raikou, Aerodactyl, and Latias, the only problem being its garbage base 85 Attack stat. Seriously, if Mega Steelix were here it'd be so good. I've been running Heavy Slam and I think for the most part it's the best option but I'll let somebody smarter than me figure that out.

Hey it's me again.. You certainly thinking "Oh no.. that's that random guy with random gimmick set.." and you would have right but yeah I like testing new things.
Btw I've seen on a previous page someone talking about that God Bird with 3 heads aka the great Dodrio but he didn't talk about SD + Flynium Z Dodrio which is kinda great !

Dodrio @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick / Knock Off / Quick Attack

So yeah this thing is freaking frail (60/70/60 is cleary a bad Bulk even for a Sweeper) but on the other hand, he hits like a truck.. yeah a freaking Monster Truck.
We all know that the UU SUMO hate Flying spam (we can illustrate that with the ban of Salamence, Dragonite, Gyarados and Staraptor which have no real counter on their Flying STAB).
Dodrio is basically the low cost Staraptor with a better speed. The main objective is to set-up with Swords Dance and then to obliterate as much as you can the opposant team.

At +2, Supersonic Strike just break allmost the entire tier (and the Pokémon which take is Flying STAB get rekt by Jump Kick or Knock Off).
The fourth move is cleary an extra, Jump Kick for Rock / Steel, K-Off for utility + Doublade and Quick Attack for the priority.

Gigalith can take a +2 Supersonic Strike but Jump Kick make huge 50/50 :
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gigalith: 219-258 (58.5 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gigalith: 308-364 (82.3 - 97.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 385-454 (91.6 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 385-454 (91.6 - 108%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 1000-1177 (140 - 164.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 397-468 (98.2 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 397-468 (98.2 - 115.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma: 393-463 (98.7 - 116.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma: 393-463 (98.7 - 116.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 306-361 (82.2 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 306-361 (82.2 - 97%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 430-508 (115.5 - 136.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 216+ Def Mandibuzz: 394-465 (93.5 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 216+ Def Mandibuzz: 394-465 (93.5 - 110.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 378-445 (95.9 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 378-445 (95.9 - 112.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 424-501 (105.7 - 124.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 361-426 (89.3 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 361-426 (89.3 - 105.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 40 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 459-540 (95.4 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 40 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 459-540 (95.4 - 112.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pokemon who want to RK him can't come on Supersonic Strike (even if their resist).

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 367-432 (122.7 - 144.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 315-372 (104.6 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Raikou: 348-409 (108.4 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

• +2 252 Atk Dodrio Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 274-323 (101.1 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Calcs talking of themselves. If you give Dodrio enought support (yeah we can't ask him to much.. that's an ancient PU), he can guarantee basically at least 1 kill per match.

If some people want to try it, I give you the export of my actual team with him :

Dodrio @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Scald
- Earthquake

Tsareena @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Synthesis
- Trop Kick
- U-turn

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Based on what OU has been doing this last month, any ideas on possible drops or rises that might shake up UU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)