smash.gg & Smogon present: The Emma Stone Invitational I [won by Posho]

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Username: Exiline
Smash.gg Username: Exiline
Timezone: GMT +2
Availability on Weekends: pretty much all week-ends, evening (can manage to play morning or later i guess)

Username: Maskun529
Smash.gg Username: Maskun529
Timezone: GMT -5
Availability on Weekends: Can't play on Sunday mornings.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Star
Kurukaito
FLCL
Posho
z0mOG
Luigi
Finchinator
Raseri
Updated Kanto
roystopror
Sam-testings
Infamy
Iloveleague
Arifeen
Style_Dota
Marcop
Melle2402
parivard
JACOB
lighthouses
Malekith
HANTSUKI
Rumor
Plas
BLINGAS
Exiline
Abk1997
Haruno
Megazard
Bushtush
Maskun529
Get this Money

As we reached 32, I was advised it might be best to go with a larger sample size so we all can play anyway. You will all be participating in the first iteration of this tournament! I will post further instructions here shortly, pending approval of the tournament on the website. The rounds will start this weekend.

edit: As a headsup, this will be a seeded tournament, so I am currently looking for someone to seed this 32-man playerbase. This will be done ad hoc, so don't really worry about accuracy, I just want to test it out. In the future we will have developed a system with which to seed accurately and consistently.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
For any interested onlookers: I will be publishing the tournament link in here at 5 PM EST. There are definitely issues with some of the websites "tournament assumptions" - mainly that smash.gg "assumes" that tournaments are live, so having a 15 minute period in which players are meant to check in, get together and start playing is not unreasonable for the vast majority of things that they run.

This, of course, is extremely unlike the Smogon Circuit culture wherein we often have week (or multiple week) long rounds with flexible scheduling times. Frankly I am unsure how to resolve this immediately, but we will be forging ahead and I'll see what we can do moving forward.

teal6

https://smash.gg/tournament/emma-stone-invitational

The first round bracket has been created, players are able to check in and the battles will start. The wave start time is officially tomorrow at 5 PM EST, but in our PM we have come to some conclusions that may better fit the Pokemon playing community, so in this specific example I will not be upset should these players play their matches prior to the official "start" time.

In the next iteration of ESI I will, however, ensure that everything is run exactly according to time as a typical live tournament would to test any differences in success.

Username: Drew
Smash.gg Username: how3an
Timezone: EST whatever tf that is
Availability on Weekends: Almost always free, nights are especially great

hope I can get in the next one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)