Smogon Championship I - Playoffs [Won by Empo]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeptics

Banned deucer.
We Three Kings vs. ZoroDark- Zorodark is pretty okay in LC and BW so he has a tier advantage while W3K is someone idk
Poek vs. FlamingVictini- FV did well in the VGC tournament while Poek has an e-girlfriend so FV should win handily
FLCL vs. reyscarface- reyscarface has a trophy but FLCL is actually the best player left in this tournament. He has the best OU builds, is the best lower tier player in the tournament, destroyed the 3 trophy champion last round and is finally Canadian. FLCL is def the player I look up to the most (or maybe blunder). He seems to be very level headed and not flashy at all either so thats amazing. Maybe I'm fan boying in this prediction but I have high confidence in FLCL's ability to win this tournament and this should be a straightforward match.
Empo vs. Posho- Gotta go with the top 5 player right now. Second to only FLCL in this tournament but that should be a tight finals.

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
We Three Kings vs. ZoroDark
DOU / LC is a terrifying set of tiers for Lasse, but he showed hes competent in SM OU last round and it's probably gonna come down to that

Poek vs. FlamingVictini
Poek is probably striking RU so I'm expecting some SM / ORAS / SM or SM / ORAS / ORAS. Both of these guys are phenomenal so it really comes down to who plays the set better.

FLCL vs. reyscarface
FLCL's UU / NU is looking real dangerous and he's definitely competent enough at old gens to give rey a run for his money. FLCL did well in WCOP too so he's no slouch at SM OU either. Genuinely wondering what rey's second tier was - if it was DPP / BW Hiye would have striked ADV, so I'm guessing rey's two tiers are RBY / ADV, which means we're probably going to see UU / SM / ADV unless rey wants to go for NU.

Empo vs. Posho
Empo knows his stuff in BW, but I've got to give the edge to Posho who's just had a phenomenal year and is really good at whatever tier empo is likely to throw at him

wish the tier choices were public, after r1 everyone should know what two tiers people have picked cause i heard theyre locked so you can just ask the r1 opp.

Last edited:

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
I am heavily pissed by how these series went. But whatever dude, it's not nothing you have any control over but I had prepared them a lot so yea I'm tilted af now.. FUCK USM

Thanks a lot to the bigs, nedor, bkc, w3k for teams and some discussions, had a lot of fun getting up here :)

re: We Three Kings vs. ZoroDark

Considering that there was a mutually inadequate attempt to schedule in a timely fashion, and that it's holiday time, I'll be granting an extension until Wednesday, December 27, 11:59 PM EST.

Semifinals

(16. We Three Kings vs. 8. ZoroDark) vs. 13. Empo
15. Poek vs. 3. FLCL

Deadline for striking/selecting tiers: December 31, 11:59 PM EST

Deadline for Semifinals: January 7, 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)