Smogon Premier League VI - Week 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
KACAW

Sorry about the second rby game, good luck next year cryos

PLAYOFFS LFGI

Midseason interview that got buried
1 - Are you happy with your team's performance so far?
I'd say we aren't unhappy with how things have gone so far. We'd obviously prefer to have gone 4-0 from the start but given the adversity we've faced sitting in the middle of the pack is a decent place to be at this point in the season, setting us up for a strong late season run.

2 - Who has done better than you had expected at first?
Toxzn has been a great surprise for us as one of the best ORAS OUers in the tournament so far. We debated heavily between him and a few other players for an inexpensive late auction buy, trusting that Tesung could help pick up the slack if necessary, but Tox has done great on his own such that it hasn't even been a concern.

3 - Which series are you looking forward to the most?
The finals.

4 - Who has been your best teammate?
Big shoutout to IAmGingy, haven't been able to play him yet because Tesung and Tox have done so well but he's been a major help as far as teambuilding and testing goes. Smurf has similarly been a great teammate helping out in a variety of tiers.

kd24: id like to add that this is personally my favorite spl team i've been on, everyone likes each other and supports each other and there is no drama or team cancers which i always felt were inevitable. everyone just wants to win and see everyone else do well.

5 - How do you feel about your odds to make the playoffs?
We feel confident. We've gotten a lot of flack from people about defending a couple of games that most people think we lucked our way through, and we've certainly had a couple tilt in our favour, but given our overall luck especially in the first two weeks I don't think it's a stretch to say we've been one of the unluckier teams so far. There's been a couple players in particular, such as TFC, who've been particularly snakebitten. That will regress to the mean however going forward, and even if we don't start getting overwhelming luck, with average luck I think you'll see us start running off a series of wins. kd24 and I were confident with our team coming out of the draft and we have full confidence going forward that they can play up to their potential and make the playoffs and beyond.

Last edited:
tough luck team. we had fun though. :^)

btw i suck at this so they're short

shoutouts

Spirit sorry don't know you

Mack Bus sorry don't know you

psychotic: sorry don't know you

BKC thanks for being awesome kev! i know you were really keen on being on a different team from the start, but i really appreciate your admiration and dedication toward playing a tier you didn't want to originally. your utility stretched out to even tiers you didn't know, and you tried to help with each and every member of the team to give us the best chance of winning. i'd totally spend da ca$h on u. you were already one of my best friends on the site before spl started, and this spl just reaffirmed that. kill yourself, slayer, etc.

Ojama you really worked on being a good player in a team environment and i appreciate that! you were really valuable and a nice addition to our squad! you helped us in the preseason in deciding players, and you were as active as bkc in helping others. of course, there were a few spats here and there, but you were an awesome teammate and one of the best!

Living So Zambian another one of my best friends on this site! i'm glad you finally emerged from the shadows and finally showed ppl you weren't somebody with fuq with. it only took me 3 months of asking you to sign up for spl! you were a really dedicated player for a tier that's pretty shitty, and you were constantly testing or helping with remedy. u own honus :3

badabing you weren't really so active in the team environment as the other dudes per se, but i talked with you a lot and you're a really chill dude who is a poke savant. it was always fun hittin u up and just craftin some shit in uu or w/e and our convos usually made me realize smthn. don't die, u own.

Reymedy despite your record, you were really helpful! you didn't deserve it at all, and oras is kinda shit tbh. you da real mvp tho. your advice in xy and bw in regards to teams or w/e won us more games than you lost for sure! i would totally pay the retainer price again despite knowing your record. thanks for agreeing to join us and play oras! i'm glad you stuck with us.

Go10 you own @ dpp. you are kinda like ojama but less of a (BAN ME PLEASE) .________. yn. you were one of the more specialized players on the team, but you won so that's okay! you're a really cool dude, and i'm glad you got over the 0-5 stigma. you are truly one of the better dpp players on the site and this spl manifested that fact.

Picollo my fave german! you own and you and bkc were a power couple! i was kinda wary about retaining you from your record last year, but you proved me wrong! thank you for being a cool guy to talk to and a great gsc'r!

49 hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

kingofmars you're way better at that format than i am, but sometimes i was disappointed by a few plays of your lack of knowledge in the tier. kyurem-b :( you are a really cool dude though, and i'm glad we got you! thanks for everything! your record doesn't show how good of a player you really are. national champ ftw

Sweep thanks for filling in for our ubers players shoes! i worked most closely with you in the end, and i wish you ended up having a better record. you had some really bad luck, but you are a good player and one of the few good uberers on the site! i hope you continue in your endeavors and hone ur inner dice ~n_n~ yn

giara another frenchy! omelette baguette huehuehue. you were more soft spoken that the other obnoxious ones (ojama fdp -.-) but i really liked your attitude! you did fantastic having just picked up nu, and you are a forced to be reckoned with in any tier!

Lutra you never really talked, but you're a pretty good rby'r for sure! i just hoped that you would have been more active and conveyed info in a team environment :( work on that!

Meridian you are very insightful and a very underrated frenchy! i know you were disappointed with your play, but you always had cool ideas and could come up with some cool squads! i hope we don't lose touch since i could always learn a thing or two about creativity from you!

DestinyUnknown you weren't as active as i'd have hoped, but it's okay. you were just relearning the meta so you had a tough time, but that's a risk we took. you are a really chill dude, and you were cool to get to know.

King UU idk what to say..... you had a huge ego and had some toxic behaviors. you cannot trash talk teammates to try and secure a spot! but you were really helpful to the team at times, so it evened out i guess. work on this though!

malefic you kinda died but you just need to think before you play! you have potential! don't give up!

thanks team! much love

Last edited:
not gonna do a full shoutout because I'm incredibly bitter about being haxed out of a perfect record, all I can say is that we had one of the strongest rosters in SPL and it was an honor playing with the likes of dunk / 49 / ojama / bkc / living so zambien / giara / lutra / go10 / Reymedy / picollo / badabing / etc. all of you are fucking good and really wanted the trophy, and I appreciate how hard you guys worked & kept the rest of the team up to date on how your teambuilding was going. we had no business losing to the falcons or bigs, but luck >>>> skill in this game.

rooting for the bigs rest of the way, classy team and evuelf is a babe. get it done gents :) also congrats to steeljackal for proving everyone wrong, you played really well this year even if you played like ass week one of POWC ;] i believe in you!!!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
thanks for the shoutout dice really appreciated you prick

cant say im happy with how it went, getting lucked in an individual tournament is whatever but it honestly feels terrible in a team one due to how much joint effort is made just for it to amount to nothing due to shit outside your control. regardless, you were all great teammates, and despite a rocky start i feel the team really meshed well and i am pleased with the effort.

shoutouts to bias for costing us the week vs sharks, bless.

gl to teams in playoffs

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
won. gg. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-nu-40632

I don't want to do a long sappy shoutouts post, so I'll keep it short and sweet~

Thanks to everyone involved in SPL, especially the Sharks and Sharks management.
It was really awesome getting an opportunity to play with the best players in the world these last few weeks.
Thanks to Zebraiken for running this tour so seamlessly (thus far).

Hope I get to do it again next year! Bye guys ~

yes i won vs brock......

soz team, i think i let u down with my record. 5-4 is not good for my price tag especially when i was not really helping out much in other tiers. thanks for the draft etc.

just a few shoutouts to select dudes:

limitless. u know, i was really willing to give u a chance when u signed up. i always considered u as just a victim of the tournaments circlejerk. but it really is true. u are a bad battler and an even worse teammate. however it was ur ego that got to me the most. just because u happen to have had 4 alts in the top 5 of the uu leaderboard doesn't mean u shouldn't give ur opponents any respect.

KG. keep being u bro. keep the cheesy pep talks and keep proving people wrong.

edgar. unlucky this season man. you are a great dude. my advice would be to really analyse ur teams and matchups as it felt like u were playing a losing battle from turn 1 every week.

laurel. thanks for joining a sinking ship and giving it ur all. says a lot about u and also the other guy we picked up midseason.

blarajan. lay off the caps.

panamaxis. u gave ur word bro.

gene. u should pipe up every now and then. knew u were a bad pick-up regardless of whatever record u got

husk. get why u left but u could have done it on more amicable terms

everyone else. thanks for being on the team and being good guys for the most part. thanks for the tests mdragon and conflict and KG, and even laurel. i wish i could have repaid the favour in other tiers

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
gg high impulse

sorry team, I think this season was a fail on my part, I choked my first game, and it's still on my mind. There are mistakes that haunt you forever I guess.
It was still nice to play with you all, I knew a lot of you from before, but the new people I met are definitely great guys ! I don't think that I need to make shoutouts because you know already know what I think about each of you.

GL HF to all the teams in playoffs, you guys earned it so enjoy.
However, I guess that's time to cheer for my fellow BIGS :)

Lost to Heist gg, Brock's pokemons had no chance to win the game

Well sorry raiders for my start, 0-4, whether it was on chock, bad luck, or simply because I badly played. I'm at least satisfied to came back and have made the opposite, 4-0, after mid-season.
Anyway :mad:

Rewer I love you
PttP I love you
Leftiez I love you
Melee Mewtwo I love you
New Breed I love you
Mizuhime I love you
Bedschibaer I love you
The_Chaser I love you
Pridy I love you
JeyTheGrey I love you
Dat Blast I love you
kael I love you
Emvee I love you
e7e I love you
atomicllamas I love you
Lyconik I love you
Golden Gyarados
Srn
I love you
Steve Angello I love you
Vinc2612 I love you
Malekith I love you
Nails I love you
Afro Smash I love you
Veteran In Love I love you

Last edited:

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Being on the cryos was definitely an experience to remember! Looking back, I wasn't really sure what to expect at the beginning. Perhaps I thought I would be on a team with a well-fortified group of players that constantly helped each other improve and made the effort to continually help each other week after week, you know, like the expectations you have when you go into a regular team tournament. It didn't really pan out that way, however. It was more like an individual tournament where you got one or two test matches a week and group of people breathing down your neck as you play ready to snap at you if at you if lose or make the slightest mistake. Truly a hospitable environment indeed. Besides giving an importable of the team and getting the OK from a crass individual with limited knowledge of the tier your playing in saying that it was acceptable, there really wasn't a whole lot of support. This isn't to say that the cryos are a completely terrible group, heavens no. There were some very respectable players on the team that really made the environment enjoyable at times, and I mean that! This post is moreso directed towards a specific few individuals who I would describe as a bunch of degenerate scum. But then again, calling those people degenerate scum would be an insult to other degenerate scum, so to me, it would be far too onerous to give an appropriate, generalized insult fitting of their stature, and I wouldn't waste my time trying to think of something anyway similarly to how I wouldn't bother entertaining the amount of disingenuous team pride displayed by the group at times. Being honest here, it's easy to understand the frustration in losing and a teammate letting you down, so the reactions to such things were understandable, expect of course when they are taken into a public setting and it is your own teammates that end up spitting out the most unnecessarily deplorable rants (oops :o). To the people on the team who disliked me: rest assured that the sentiment is very well mutual and I hold you in the same regard as you to I. It was one hell of an honour playing in SPL on such a great team! n_n

tl;dr

ok someone has to eat the bait, stupid tumblr gif removed

ill preface this by saying i genuinely disagree with the way you were treated and that i dont condone ojama calling you out in #spl but the first part is bs lol lets be real. its fine to be shy but it was pretty plain to see why there'd be a degree of frustration after all the losses. i mean dude u really did not fucking talk to us at all and consistently got into bad situations in the game. when our RU slot became more and more urgent we were there to help you before any frustration was even voiced. if you enjoyed people on this team i legitimately am learning this now, you never talked in the irc or the cryos skype chat even once. like shit if youre gonna be a complete mute and cut yourself off from the team from week 1 onwards at least bring the results. i asked dice again and again to work with you and when we did attempt to help you consistently didn't listen. u are out here acting like st francis of assisi, there's no defending some of the treatment u received but i dont think any cryo can say u were objectively a good and dedicated teammate, which is kind of a shame since we were all excited to have u after auction. like week 1/2 our team's communication was shit i get that, but your attitude and willingness to cooperate just stayed static the whole season while we came together. if you went 0-9 i couldnt be mad if you gave it your best every week but u really did not do that so i dont see how you can make this post as if we are to blame for SPL "Eating you up" so to speak.

Last edited:
lmao spirit maybe u should have spent less time in passions irc chan bitching about us and actually attempt to help the team and urself

i tried my best to work with u and shit but i had to flash u like 484858858585 times to even get ur ass to unmute and u didn't even seem literate in ur own meta. maybe there's a reason 49 did better than u since he was actually receptive to criticism and involved with the team

don't fucking tarnish my team with your self destructive behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)