Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

I was typing up a post for the SM OU Viability Rankings thread and accidentally hit refresh on the page to find that my post was completely gone! Could someone tell me what happened?
Sometimes Smogon doesn't save drafts properly (I think it is just a glitch) so it just gives you a clean slate instead, if it happens frequently you could try typing up your posts somewhere off-site.

One of my Analyses hasn't been QC checked in a while.
How do I get it checked?
You wait.

This isn't a joke, it is currently Premier League season, and many QC checkers are busy running teams or playing. Bugging QCers just makes them less willing to check something. Just be patient, and whatever you do, don't say "Ugh can you guys check my analysis for once" or anything like that. Once PL season is done, the QC scene will get more active (just look at UU!)

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there an alternative way to change your signature? Mine's not where Sondero pointed it out
try going to http://www.smogon.com/forums/account/signature, if you haven't already found another means of editing the signature.

On a related note, and this is a stab in the dark, but could it be possible that there are some post/regtime requirement for editing the signature?

Edit: Thanks to Pilo for pointing out to me that it's necessary to have 1 post to be able to edit signatures

Last edited:
Why is it that the analysis writers write complete OU analyses for very obscure and rare Pokemon, like Azumarill, while still leaving analyses for very common Pokemon like Zygarde incomplete?

Why is it that the analysis writers write complete OU analyses for very obscure and rare Pokemon, like Azumarill, while still leaving analyses for very common Pokemon like Zygarde incomplete?
It all depends on how quickly the analysis gets written, how quickly it is QCed, how quickly it is GPed, etc. Also higher priority analyses can only be written by badgeholders, which can slow it down as not everyone can reserve them. Zygarde is actually finished and just waiting to be uploaded at the moment.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
I was reading this article and when it was talking about the Italy team, I have read of the Tele ban.
Why was he banned? Can someone tell me about this story?

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was reading this article and when it was talking about the Italy team, I have read of the Tele ban.
Why was he banned? Can someone tell me about this story?
over the years tele became infamous for being a jerk to people/calling them out and more often than not, this led to someone infracting him for it. eventually, he reached the infraction limit and was permanently banned

Many mascots are based off of the culture of a country, such as India's mascot being similar to a Hindu goddess and US East's mascot being an eagle Pokemon. Some also represent a symbol of the region, i.e. Europe's symbol being a lion on a medieval European emblem

Many mascots are based off of the culture of a country, such as India's mascot being similar to a Hindu goddess and US East's mascot being an eagle Pokemon. Some also represent a symbol of the region, i.e. Europe's symbol being a lion on a medieval European emblem
Where can I get the origins of each specific mascot?

this is "simple questions, simple answers" right.
but i must ask..
where are Hyper Fang and Quick Claw on the smogon damage calculator?!

(on the concept of that. whats stronger on gumshoos? strong jaw hyper fang, or strong jaw thrash)

Well Quick Claw is kind of irrelevant since it doesn't influence any damage calculations.
You can add Hyper Fang manually by selecting any move and changing its type and Basepower according to the move you want to add (80 BP and Normal Type in this case).

Since Strong Jaw boosts Bite-Moves by x1.5, Hyper Fang's BP of 80 gets boosted to 120, which is the same BP as Thrash's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 4)