Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Whenever I try the following message appears:
"The following error occurred:
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
why are the greatest hits/trou subforums basically dead? it's been like a year since anything was added to them even though they used to be much more active.

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
why are the greatest hits/trou subforums basically dead? it's been like a year since anything was added to them even though they used to be much more active.
greatest hits threads are pretty much only added for threads that made it onto smog awards, or are just rly high quality, while idk about trou, threads just get added there randomly but a lot of it is about randoms being retarded and ig the mods got tired of it after a while so it stopped.

Sometimes Smogon Forums just stop working for a bit. It should be fine now
OK, it seems I can view the thread if i'm not signed in. just signed in viewing the page and then it started blocking me.

EDIT: could it be related to my standby post? I was making a voting list and while doing so, that's when this first started.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I get a 502 error when I try to view the thread. Should have said that earlier...
Mods can't access your post drafts sadly, this sounds like your draft has a BB code glitch. What you can do: try setting your forum text editor to the raw BB code editor (go to your account settings -> Preferences -> uncheck "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages"), which should allow you to access your draft again and remove broken BB code tags (click the "Help" button in the bottom right corner of the forum if you want to know more about BB code). Otherwise, the only real option is to wait a day until the draft drops automatically.

In general, if you're applying a lot of formatting to a post, try writing out the entire post first and only applying the formatting after, this error usually occurs when different formatting tags (or formatting tags + image tags) get mixed up, and this is the easiest way to prevent it.

Mods can't access your post drafts sadly, this sounds like your draft has a BB code glitch. What you can do: try setting your forum text editor to the raw BB code editor (go to your account settings -> Preferences -> uncheck "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages"), which should allow you to access your draft again and remove broken BB code tags (click the "Help" button in the bottom right corner of the forum if you want to know more about BB code). Otherwise, the only real option is to wait a day until the draft drops automatically.

In general, if you're applying a lot of formatting to a post, try writing out the entire post first and only applying the formatting after, this error usually occurs when different formatting tags (or formatting tags + image tags) get mixed up, and this is the easiest way to prevent it.
You are a lifesaver you know that right?

Hi so is it possible for a Darkrai to have 5 moves at once? I just battled someone who had a Darkrai with 5 so that is annoying me, especially if they are cheating. You can see the battle somewhere on my profile right? I uploaded it to my most recent. I have the video downloaded

file:///C:/Users/spencerg3890/Desktop/Gen7AnythingGoes-2017-10-21-absou1-evrby.html
I hope that link works, if he is cheating someone put a stop to him.

Last edited:
PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME. Right now. I need answers! I went on Showdown like 8 minutes ago.... I saw it wasn't working, so I went to Twitter and I found out that PS was HACKED.... I have like 2 accounts on Showdown, does that mean all my emails and shit will be hacked too? Or is the only thing being hacked the accounts on PS??? ANSWER ME PLEASE, I use my email for all my social media accounts and I will die if someone hacks me and posts embarrassing/nasty shit. My mom will freaking KILL ME. Help
delete the account if you can, get into it any way you can, google is more effective than this

Hi so is it possible for a Darkrai to have 5 moves at once? I just battled someone who had a Darkrai with 5 so that is annoying me, especially if they are cheating. You can see the battle somewhere on my profile right? I uploaded it to my most recent.
I cant see any replay on your profile or on ps account of the same name, so link it here if none of these are the case, but:
Was this anything goes and they had multiple darkrai?
Was a zoroark or Zorua involved?
Was it custom gane?
Was one of the moves a move that calls another move, like mirror move, metronome, sketch, etc?

Beyond that, I'd have to see the replay.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi so is it possible for a Darkrai to have 5 moves at once? I just battled someone who had a Darkrai with 5 so that is annoying me, especially if they are cheating. You can see the battle somewhere on my profile right? I uploaded it to my most recent. I have the video downloaded

file:///C:/Users/spencerg3890/Desktop/Gen7AnythingGoes-2017-10-21-absou1-evrby.html
I hope that link works, if he is cheating someone put a stop to him.
If darkrai had a z move it can show as 5 moves, but the z move responds to whatever other move that darkrai had. It's the z item not a 5th move

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
How can non-badged users get cts? I’ve seen a few and can link the profiles if need be. Also, any advice on how to get a badge in general? I’m trying, but it’s really hard. I’m not a good battler, I’m not good with art, etc. Is there any way for someone to get a badge for just being able to put s lot of time into something, not necessarily being good at anything? Sorry about the long post and many questions.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
How can non-badged users get cts? I’ve seen a few and can link the profiles if need be. Also, any advice on how to get a badge in general? I’m trying, but it’s really hard. I’m not a good battler, I’m not good with art, etc. Is there any way for someone to get a badge for just being able to put s lot of time into something, not necessarily being good at anything? Sorry about the long post and many questions.
Most non-badgeholders with cts are users who used to have a badge but lost it either for inactivity or temp ban or whatever reason. Others were just given a ct by an smod or admin. The best way to earn a badge is not trying to get one. Trust me, if all you're looking for here is having a bunch of pixels under your name then you're wasting your time and eventually you'll realize that. You have to enjoy what you're doing, either writing articles or contributing to a forum, if you have fun and contribute a badge will come with time, just don't force it

I'm hosting a tour atm. Several players have apparently not gotten a notification that they were tagged. Some user told me there might be a limit of how many people can get notifications from tags in one single post for non-badgeholders. How many is that? Can you bypass that somehow so I don't have to make 5 posts for every new round?

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
I'm hosting a tour atm. Several players have apparently not gotten a notification that they were tagged. Some user told me there might be a limit of how many people can get notifications from tags in one single post for non-badgeholders. How many is that? Can you bypass that somehow so I don't have to make 5 posts for every new round?
Try to find a badged user who is willing to mass tag all the users in the tour. There is no other way for you to mass tag without one.

I am very kinda new here. Can anyone tell me how to participate in tournament in simple language? thanks and sorry for my dumpness

You can ask a badgeholder to tag everyone for you, via profile posting, discord, etc. For instance, I would be willing to if you linked the thread on my profile when you made a new round, but depending in when you start tours it might take a while if im offline.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
I am very kinda new here. Can anyone tell me how to participate in tournament in simple language? thanks and sorry for my dumpness
When a tournament sign up thread is posted in the Tournaments section, all you have to do is post “in” unless otherwise specified in the original post. In that case, you have to follow the provided format.

Try to find a badged user who is willing to mass tag all the users in the tour. There is no other way for you to mass tag without one.
You can ask a badgeholder to tag everyone for you, via profile posting, discord, etc. For instance, I would be willing to if you linked the thread on my profile when you made a new round, but depending in when you start tours it might take a while if im offline.
Thanks for the replies, I'll gladly take that offer. Can anyone tell me what's the maximum number of players I can tag? For example, will a quarterfinals post still be considered a mass tag?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 4)