Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion

| 57 | Abomasnow | 4.003% |

This would be a great wallbreaker in PU and would be a decent water check. Hopefully NU will give it up next month.

The OU ladder is being dominated by not one, but two fad teams:
+----------------------------------------+
| Teammates |
| Pinsir-Mega +22.232% |
| Azelf +21.832% |
| Excadrill +19.995% |
| Dragonite +19.506% |
| Manaphy +17.748% |
| Starmie +7.111% |
| Sableye-Mega +4.860% |
| Diancie-Mega +3.338% |
| Shedinja +1.937% |
| Seismitoad +1.800% |
| Dugtrio +1.773% |
| Hippowdon +1.261% |
+----------------------------------------+

I wonder why Cinnico's and Ambipom's usage ain't down enough to drop to NU in like forever.
Ambipom is a liability in mid-high ladder play but in low ladder it actually does decently and just picks apart poorly-built teams, especially if they're HO. Good players will reduce it to a liability fairly easily, but the players running Ambipom are going to lose to good players anyways.

Can't wait to use specs trace Gardevoir <3
It's male counterpart tho:
| 53 | Gallade | 3.612% | ----->> to the NU <3
Next Update: RU can get Umbreon, Vaporeon, Goodra (bulky stall mons) and some good bulky offensive Gardevoir, Cloyster (what about Feraligatr)
#comeOnToxicroak .-.
| 54 | Vaporeon | 4.605% |
| 58 | Feraligatr | 4.056% |
| 59 | Cloyster | 3.978% |
| 60 | Goodra | 3.866% |
| 61 | Gardevoir | 3.749% |
| 64 | Toxicroak | 3.574% |
| 65 | Umbreon | 3.529% |

Gallade would be broken as hell in NU, it would be just as powerful as Sawk but much less predictable as it can run a bunch of different sets (Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Choice Band, Assault Vest). Pretty sure it would be quickbanned. Same with Feraligatr in RU.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Next Update: RU can get Umbreon, Vaporeon, Goodra (bulky stall mons) and some good bulky offensive Gardevoir, Cloyster (what about Feraligatr)
#comeOnToxicroak .-.
| 60 | Goodra | 3.866% |
Probably Goodra is too bulky and Cloyster is too strong for RU.

#comeOnToxicroak .-.
| 60 | Goodra | 3.866% |
I thought Gallade got banned from NU

Goodra looks like real bulky, i'm just talking about it can drop. As per Gallade, i think NU will handle it a bit when Sun and Moon comes in.
Probably drops will occur after SuMo. That is why, i don't think every drop will get a quick ban :)

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
What concerns me about RU Goodra is not its bulk, but its strength. Goodra actually has perfect neutral coverage both specially (Dragon/Fire/Water/Poison) and physically (Dragon/Ground/Steel/Fire), has the stats and movepool to do plenty of things, and it's pretty damn fast for something so strong and bulky at the same time.

Cloyster is a bit more of a grey-ish area. It does threaten a lot of the tier, but the checks it does have stop it cold.

Of course I agree with the perpetual use of Cinccino and Ambipom in RU being a cardinal sin, but this really isn't any better. Cloyster, Umbreon and Goodra all risk dropping to RU, but fucking Vaporeon is so outclassed in everything it tries to do. Then again, "MUH EEVEELUSHUNS", so I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Of course I agree with the perpetual use of Cinccino and Ambipom in RU being a cardinal sin, but this really isn't any better. Cloyster, Umbreon and Goodra all risk dropping to RU, but fucking Vaporeon is so outclassed in everything it tries to do. Then again, "MUH EEVEELUSHUNS", so I'm not surprised, just disappointed.
Cinccino and Ambipom are kinda viable in the low ladder, and half or less than half of Smogon players are low-mid ladder players so that's why they're used a lot. In high ladder yeah they suck and Vaporeon is a really bulky Water type. It was used so much before and now for some reason it's D rank and people hate it? Why?

Cinccino and Ambipom are kinda viable in the low ladder, and half or less than half of Smogon players are low-mid ladder players so that's why they're used a lot. In high ladder yeah they suck and Vaporeon is a really bulky Water type. It was used so much before and now for some reason it's D rank and people hate it? Why?
Vaporeon sucks because the UU community realized that it was very outclassed by mons like Alomomola and Suicune for the role of a bulky water type.

Edit; That was my 1k, whoops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)