SM Ubers So... My team.

Well, I've finally reached 1700 elo in SM Uber. I've been playing Showdown for a long time, but mostly come in short burst of many matches and then extended period of inactivity, and... that's about it I think.
I'm not too sure which style my team really belong to. Maybe Defense-leaning balance? Anyway, I feel that it depends a lot on prediction, and does better against common meta sets than uncommon ones.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

My usual lead, except against Deoxys forms and Smeargle. Minimum speed to underspeed lead P.don, and a lot of mons people like to lead with doesn't enjoy staying in against a rain boosted Scald. If it's something forced out by P.Orge, just fire off an Ice beam to chip at P.don switching in. Also, status sponge and with this bulk it can check Marshadow, Naga and at least play dice against Zygarde.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch

Obligatory P.Don. Kyogre switch in, situational win condition, and sometimes just a wallbreaker with Swords dance. Fire punch is chosen over Stone edge for Ferrothorn as this team lacks an answer otherwise, plus it OHKO most Ho-oh at +2 after SR anyway. Earthquake over P.Blade because it OHKO most relevant mons at +2 anyway and has perfect accuracy.

Arceus @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Bird antidote. Countering M. Mence and Ho-oh, checking Rayquaza and Yveltal. Checking Extreme Killer, outright countering sets that don't have Quake. Judgment Rock is extremely spammable and can finish off weaken non-Rock polish P.don.

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Pin Missile
- Protect
- Toxic
- Endeavor

F.E.A.R. My lead of choice against Deoxys forms, ensuring that at most they get 1 layer of hazard. Also against Smeargle, for a chance of outright OHKO with a 4 hits Pin missile. It's also slower than both Mewtwo forms and Ultra Necrozma before Speed boost and can eat an attack to get to 1HP, Endeavor and finish them off with Pin the next turn, then with luck, either Toxic or Endeavor another mon. Or just protect and finish them off the next turn with Pin if they're low enough. Also useful to remove Calm Mind Arc flying if it is able to set up before being pressured out, Z-Geo Xern and HP Fire Xern if they're set up, as it's usually faster than Geo Xern at +1 and Z-geo at +2.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 148 HP / 108 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Toxic
- U-turn

Xern check. Support Arc check. Extreme Killer softcheck. A priority to finish off Endeavor target if necessary. Toxic spreader and a slow U-turn is handy. Chosen over DM for priority.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave

Checking P.Don, Lucario, non-Z Marshadow, and generally take advantage of the high amount of status this team throw around. Defogger because there's not much else to fit that. Draco Meteor is the move of choice to dent Yveltal switching directly in, make life easier for Arc Rock.

I feel that the biggest threats to my team are Calm Mind Lunala (can only toxic stall if it get a free set up turn), Calm Mind Arceus flying (need to use the FEAR to deal with it if it's allowed to set up), Glare Sub Zygarde (Kyogre may loses 1 on 1 if it gets too unlucky), and Thunder Palkia is a pain in the ass to deal with. Other than that, an unexpected Fireblast from Support Arceus can screw me over with an untimely death on Scizor, and Sticky Web can be a pain to deal with if they run multiple Taunt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)