Some art. Requests taken.

EDIT: I don't take requests any more =(

Alright here's a drawing that went bad half way through.

How to fix it? Add a scizor.

The sharpedo is intentionally shaded/colored bad, helping emphasize on how much that poor sharpedo needs help.

Also i have some other old, non pokemon related stuff. I think i've improved somewhat since then though.

Zelos Wilder from Tales of Symphonia (Need to work on the eyes some more, seems to be my weak point.)

And Kratos Aurion, who frankly needs a haircut.

I'm planning on doing some art from the game Tales of The Abyss soon though.

Anyways i'll take any of your pokemon related requests (or maybe even non pokemon related stuff ; D

( I DO have more stuff, but it's old and non pokemon related, so i won't post it.)

I also noticed that my drawing went uphill considerably when i started using an actual pencil >_>.

And with that, i bid you all farewell.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
One thing I would recommend is perhaps having a reference of your subjects onhand as you go to draw them. At the moment, I can only vaguely make out who it is your drawing, so I think having them readily available as reference would drastically help you in getting their details down better.

You'll come to find that sketching them down a few times will do a sort of "muscle memory" in you and you will instinctively start knowing how that particular character is set up and drawn over time. After a while, you can end up going of of memory and put that character in all sorts of new positions and styles. :)

Above all else, practice! It's the only way to improve and I see potential here.

One thing I would recommend is perhaps having a reference of your subjects onhand as you go to draw them. At the moment, I can only vaguely make out who it is your drawing, so I think having them readily available as reference would drastically help you in getting their details down better.

You'll come to find that sketching them down a few times will do a sort of "muscle memory" in you and you will instinctively start knowing how that particular character is set up and drawn over time. After a while, you can end up going of of memory and put that character in all sorts of new positions and styles. :)

Above all else, practice! It's the only way to improve and I see potential here.
Thank you very much.

I do my best to practice as much as i can and i wish to be a great artist one day.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
A technique that might work out in your favor would be tracing. Now I dunno why most people discourage it, but it is actually a great way to get a feel for your picture!

Obviously, you shouldn't use the trace as your own art, but use it more as a guideline. Your mind should register "Oh his hair is shaped like so", or "his face is shaped like this". You'll come to find that you will very quickly pick up on these things subconsciously.

All in all, best of luck in your endeavors. The one thing I recommend you have the most of is passion! :>

An update zomg

A technique that might work out in your favor would be tracing. Now I dunno why most people discourage it, but it is actually a great way to get a feel for your picture!

Obviously, you shouldn't use the trace as your own art, but use it more as a guideline. Your mind should register "Oh his hair is shaped like so", or "his face is shaped like this". You'll come to find that you will very quickly pick up on these things subconsciously.

All in all, best of luck in your endeavors. The one thing I recommend you have the most of is passion! :>
Hmm, i'll try that sometime.

Anyways update:

The coloring actually IS better then this, the scanner toned the quality down some. Anywho, here it is.

I didn't bring in marshstomp because........*insert reason here*

Ugh, maybe i should save it as a png next time.

Personally i think i can do better.

I like your interest in ToS characters. You should draw Judgement Outfit Kratos.

By far my favorite Tales character of all time. You could add a little Presea in there, for good measures too ^^

I like your interest in ToS characters. You should draw Judgement Outfit Kratos.

By far my favorite Tales character of all time. You could add a little Presea in there, for good measures too ^^
REST IN PEACE SINNERS!!!

ANYways i'll probably get to that sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for requesting btw.

My pleasure. I think your art shows some promise. Just remember using base geometry can help your drawings! Just sketching with simple circles and lines to outline the "skeleton" of your drawing can help make sure the features stay proportional and things like that. I would try the method KoA suggested of tracing. If anything, you'll just get a feel for the general shapes that make the compositions for things you might commonly draw. I'm not much of an artist myself, just thought I would give you some recommendations. Good luck!

My pleasure. I think your art shows some promise. Just remember using base geometry can help your drawings! Just sketching with simple circles and lines to outline the "skeleton" of your drawing can help make sure the features stay proportional and things like that. I would try the method KoA suggested of tracing. If anything, you'll just get a feel for the general shapes that make the compositions for things you might commonly draw. I'm not much of an artist myself, just thought I would give you some recommendations. Good luck!
Alright sorry i didn't get that in this weekend.

Things come up.

School, events, family etc.

And the fact that i'm just not good at planning my time :P

Eh hehe i've been busy with my art thread on a different forum so i completely forgot abou thtis place. Since i'm bombarded with requests there i won't be taking requests here anymore.

I just felt like showing off some stuff i did a while ago.

Eh smeargle. Coloring on the tail and his ears(?) aren't too good. But everything else is decent.

Ah staraptor, this is one of my favorite, if not favorite, drawings i've made.

Piplup piplup.

(Also read edit in first post.)

A tip - when you're drawing, concentrate on the proportions and basic body shape before working on the details. Some of your Pokémon look a bit off; for example, Swampert's body is a bit too long, and Staraptor's back foot is larger than its front foot. I'd sketch out the basic body shape first, and make sure it 'looks right' before working on the features.

Your art reminds me of my own when I was starting out. How long have you been drawing for? In my opinion, you have a lot of potential :)

A tip - when you're drawing, concentrate on the proportions and basic body shape before working on the details. Some of your Pokémon look a bit off; for example, Swampert's body is a bit too long, and Staraptor's back foot is larger than its front foot. I'd sketch out the basic body shape first, and make sure it 'looks right' before working on the features.

Your art reminds me of my own when I was starting out. How long have you been drawing for? In my opinion, you have a lot of potential :)
Thanks for the critisism.

I've been drawing for what...say, 3 or 4 months?

Well trying to make my drawings GOOD for 3 or 4 moths at least =P

Swampert is a bit weird and mudkip has a weird face, and i always thought that staraptor's foot was weird, but nobody else did until now.

I would probably consider staraptor to be my most prized drawing.

cool stuff

I think your drawings are very well done and all the dimensions are great, but i would suggest tracing over your original drawing and redefining all the lines and adding more solid color. As you can see you've been erasing alot because your page is all worn down. This is what i do with all my drawings but i have not posted any yet as I am new to this site. And if someone could let me know how to get drawings like that on this site it would be great. Sorry I've been asking so many questions but what other site do you use for art like this? Is it serebii.net? Once again sorry for blabbbing on. I just noticed that ive been talking very... i dont know classy or whatever? lol =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)