SM NU (Sort of) Meme team w/ hypno

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsyducksChili

Banned deucer.
So this isn’t completely a meme, i got a few wins with it, but it’s pretty funny, nontheless

Keem (Hypno) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Insomnia
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Magic Room
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
If you don’t know what magic room does, it gets rid of the effect of held items. This is the plan:
1. Set up magic room
2. Set up nasty plot
3. Try to not die until magic room wares off
4. (Possibly) sweep
This only works on people because they don’t see it coming.

Melee (Garbodor) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Clear Smog
- Gunk Shot
- Explosion
My lead is always garbodor. The point of it is to set up tspikes, then its useless. It could potentially take down something with explosion, but its primarily my toxic spikes setter.

VADER (Glalie-Mega) (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Double-Edge
My mega. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just a boring glalie set. Earthquake for steels, freeze dry for waters, double edge for stab, ice shard to kill things at low hp (i also thought the pic was funny)

Bzzzzapdos (Vikavolt) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 176 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch
This is part of a nice volt turn core with xatu, bug buzz and tbolt for stab, energy ball for coverage, and roost for recovery. Not much to day about this one either.

Vietnam Flashbacks (Xatu) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock
- Roost
Xatu is great on this team, because it helps keep hazards away. It also makes a nice core with vikavolt. It also has u turn because of the whole volt turn thing.

Sandwich (Wartortle) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Rest
This pokemon keeps the team together. Toxic spikes are absolutely necessary for any chance for hypno to sweep, and being able to remove spikes/stealth rocks/tspikes on my side of the field without getting rid of the ones I set up is great. Scald for spreading burns, haze just in case anything wants to set up on me, rest for recovery, and rapid spin to get rid of hazards.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Hey, cool team! Obviously I'd change out Hypno for something else, but I have suggestion that you may agree with more.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Refresh
- Toxic

NU has Blastoise, which is just all around better than Wartortle, especially since you're able to hold Leftovers with Blastoise, giving it a little recovery rather than having to use Rest, which basically disables you from doing anything for a few turns. Refresh on Blastoise solves the issue of getting statused by potential Toxic Spikes (or Toxic in general). This spread allows Incineroar to outspeed Incineroar, which is oftentimes pivotal especially when Incineroar has a Swords Dance up.

PsyducksChili

Banned deucer.
Hey, cool team! Obviously I'd change out Hypno for something else, but I have suggestion that you may agree with more.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Refresh
- Toxic

NU has Blastoise, which is just all around better than Wartortle, especially since you're able to hold Leftovers with Blastoise, giving it a little recovery rather than having to use Rest, which basically disables you from doing anything for a few turns. Refresh on Blastoise solves the issue of getting statused by potential Toxic Spikes (or Toxic in general). This spread allows Incineroar to outspeed Incineroar, which is oftentimes pivotal especially when Incineroar has a Swords Dance up.
oki man thanks. the whole fun part of the team was hypno, so i dont think thats going anywhere lel. thanks a lot
tho

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. Also, please avoid posting more than 1 RMT every 2 weeks. Once I receive the updated descriptions and 2 weeks have passed after you posted your previous RMT (August 29) then I will unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)