SPL VII - Salty Suite Discussion (All-Stars on #144)

Should we run a Salty Suite instead of All-Star Week?

• Yes

Votes: 338 92.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi!

Some of the other TDs and myself have discussed the idea of replacing All-Star Week with our own version of the Salty Suite. The Salty Suite is a head-to-head game between two players that have some kind of beef, and typically it has money and alcohol involved but we aren't gonna encourage that Ha Ha. Basically, it's high profile names duking it out for e-fame and glory over one another.

We thought this would be a potentially really entertaining idea to replace the typically lackluster All-Star Week. Should we proceed with it, I can still figure out who would have been entered into All-Stars if any of you are interested in that. We do want your vote, no matter if you are in SPL or not, 'cuz this week is for the players and spectators anyway!

As far as the format goes, the idea is for the public to nominate matchups that you think would be awesome for a couple days (player / player / metagame). At least one player in your nomination must be in SPL -- managers do count. From there, we'll pick interesting ones (or if there are many, we can put together a poll for you guys to choose), then they will Play. Johns will be met with eternal shame.

Thoughts? Questions? Opinions? I appreciate all of your input. =)

Also, thanks to Isa and McMeghan and Reymedy for bringing up the idea!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)