SM OU Sticky Web HO Team

Introduction

**I wanted to create a Sticky Web team that allowed powerful but slow wallbreakers to have a chance to outspeed the opposing pokemon, and to become strong sweepers.**

Teambuilding Process

**I chose Shuckle first as the Pokémon to set up stealth rock and sticky web. Stealth rock breaks focus sashes and might help the rest of the pokemon secure OHKOs. Sticky web slows opposing non-flying or levitate pokemon, allowing my team to outspeed them. Rock tomb is to slow down their leads, which otherwise would not be slowed down at all. Encore is to lock opposing pokemon into setup moves if they try to set up on shuckle. **

**I chose Mega Medicham as I wanted a powerful, hard hitting pokemon that was able to OHKO many pokemon, and that would benefit from sticky web greatly. Hi Jump Kick is a strong STAB move that is able to wipe out most pokemon that do not resist it, or have not invested in defence. Zen headbutt is another STAB move that takes out the likes of Toxapex, and also hits other pokemon that resist Hi Jump Kick. Ice Punch is mainly to hit Landorus-T, which would otherwise go unscathed. Bullet Punch was chosen over Fake Out as I found that I didn’t really need Fake Out much, and Bullet Punch provided me with a way to kill Mega Diancie.**

**Bisharp is my Defiant pokemon, and makes Defoe users think twice before recklessly clicking it. Iron Head and Knock Off are both powerful STAB moves that hit hard. Sucker Punch is used against faster pokemon, in order to hit them first. Swords Dance is usually used whenever Bisharp is switched in on what it checks, when the opponent is forced to switch. Dread Plate boosts both Sucker Punch and Knock Off, turning them into even scarier moves.**

**Blacephalon is my spin blocker, and prevents rapid spinners from clearing the sticky web. Flamethrower is an accurate STAB move that hits hard and has little drawbacks. Shadow Ball is it’s other STAB move that can be used on psycic types and ghost types. Overheat is a stronger move that is used only if needed, as Blachephalon usually has to switch out afterward. Hidden Power Grass is used for hitting water types that try to switch in on it. Choice Specs was chosen for the immediate power given. **

**Azumarill is my setup sweeper and late-game cleaner. Usually he is my Plan B in case sticky web was removed. After a Belly Drum, only a few pokemon can resist an Aqua Jet. However, with sticky web, Azumarill might be able to outspeed some pokemon, so Play Rough and Knock Off are coverage options, with Knock Off having the ability to remove opposing pokemon’s Items.**

**Hoopa-Unbound is by far my strongest special wallbreaker, and my Z move user. After a Nasty Plot boost, next to nothing can survive an All-Out Pummeling. Nasty Plot is usually used to beat stall, while Psychic and Dark Pulse are it’s decent STABs. Lastly, Focus Blast is a coverage move and provides an insanely strong All-Out Pummeling.**

[

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Rock Tomb

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Grass

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Hoopa-Unbound @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)