- Scald

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spe / 6 SpD
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

This is my first OU team for Sun and Moon, it's proven to be pretty good on showdown and really excel on the battle spot. Obviously it's mainly offensive and has a little bit of bulk, i'll start off with an explanation for Garchomp.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 5 Def / 1 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

I decided to go with a choice scarf so I would be able to outspeed things that would normally destroy Garchomp, such as Pheramosa and Salamence, i've had many people attempting to fight it with Pheramosa and expect and outspeed, and it's worked very well against stuff like that. It's also been able to destroy threats that would normally destroy Toxapex, and Celesteela, so that's helpful, gotta have that little bit o defense. Also helps for killing off the godly wall known as Toxapex. So, yeah that's basically the Garchomp explanation, on to Alolan-Marowak.

Marowak-Alola (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Will-O-Wisp

This thing destroys, period. It's incredibly powerful with the Thick Club, with a staggering 518 Atk, deadly. It has lightning rod for easy switch ins on Tapu Koko and Xurkitree, Shadow Bone for a powerful stab, bonemerang for killing off threats like Tapu Koko Xurkitree and Gengar, flare blitz for another powerful and deadly stab, and Will-O-Wisp for weakening physical attackers. Next is Kartana, let's a go.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash

Did I say Kartana? I meant to say death, literally, this thing hurts, a lot. It has great type coverage, covering Alolan-Marowak and other ghosts with Night Slash, water types with Leaf Blade, fairies with smart strike, and steel monsters and other fighting types with Sacred Sword, nuff said. It's great to have more offensive coverage. Welp, on to my final offensive pokemon, Tapu Koko.

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Brave Bird
- Volt Switch

R.I.P Celesteela, this guy is pretty much here to cover for Celesteela Salamence and Garchomp, and as a good lead with Volt Switch. So Thunderbolt, it's good, solid electric move and provides good stab damage along with electric terrain, it can hit like a truck. That's good, now for Dazzling Gleam, rip dragons, all joking aside this moves very good for taking out deadly pokemon like Garchomp and Salamence. Brave Bird, well, this moves here to take advantage of it's great physical attack stats, solid move for killing of fighting types. Volt Switch, as stated before is usually how I start off a match with Tapu Koko, then Volt Switch into Celesteela or Toxapex to wall any damage. Now for Celesteela.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spe / 6 SpD
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

I call her "Stally" for obvious reasons, if I find the chance to Volt Switch into this thing and am able to get a leech seed off, this thing will slowly eat the opponents HP. And that's good, it kinda goes like this get in somehow, leech seed, subsitute, protect, repeat the last two. Heavy Slam also OHKOs Mimikyu, which is helpful for removing that annoying pest. That's pretty much it for Celesteela, moving on to Toxapex.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 6 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald

Teh wall, straight off we have Toxic Spikes for that nice poison on enemy switch in. Recover to heal up after taking any hits at all, which usually don't do much anyway ;p. Now for a odd choice, I went with Haze instead of Protect, I find it much more useful for removing stat changes from pokemon like Gyarados and Salamence, seems to help more than a protect for a tiny bit of Black Sludge healing. Scald was added for the burn chance and (kinda) the damage, it's a little luck based, but I enjoy having the burn chance to lower a enemies attack even more.

So, uh, yeah that's my first team, I'd love some feedback! :).

Last edited:
Gonna be honest with you, friend, Outrage is a no go in a Tapu centered meta. You're basically asking for Fini to switch in and set up, and we BOTH know how nasty Fini can be. And after it sets up, it won't clean, but it'll hurt you a GREAT deal. Honestly though, my friend, the ground weakness is REAL. I mean, Kartana KINDA sponges, and Grachie does, but we both know Kartana is just paper in the wind.
I mean, here's some stat's for ya
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 177-211 (55.4 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
BUT!
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 6 Def Kartana: 153-181 (59 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So there, it really just comes down to speed
I mean, then lando cleans your whole freaking team besides Celestea, which it switches out into something that can.
I mean, that's my analysis. I know Lando isn't in the game yet, but come post bank WATCH OUT, SON. WATCH
OUT

Your team is solid other than that though.
Happy Team building! :D

@Overloud Yeah, that's a problem, but as stated this is a non pokebank team, i'll defo get something to deal with lando once pokebank is live.

You should totally change that Tapu Koko's nature to naive since you definitely want to at least speed tie with the opposing Koko's. Hardy brings nothing to the table and with naive you make sure you don't have a 10% decrease in both atk or sp.atk while it favors speed. Also change that Kartana to Jolly.

You should totally change that Tapu Koko's nature to naive since you definitely want to at least speed tie with the opposing Koko's. Hardy brings nothing to the table and with naive you make sure you don't have a 10% decrease in both atk or sp.atk while it favors speed. Also change that Kartana to Jolly.
Thanks for the help, i've applied your changes :).

I have a question, I clearly can see that your first 252 stat on Garxhomp is attack but the second one I'm not sure of. Is it speed or special attack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)