Tournament Sun/Moon Doubles OU Kickoff! [won by Nido-Rus]

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I missed my time with deoxys speed yesterday, we rescheduled for today. If for some reason the match doesn't happen today he can take the win, but it looks like it should be happening

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Activity calls
n1n1 vs Yoda2798 - n1n1 called for an activity win, and Yoda never responded to his initial VM. n1n1 advances.
SamVGC vs clius - clius missed a scheduled time, SamVGC called for an activity win. Pretty straightforward, SamVGC advances.
Solace vs ClaimingRobin - ClaimingRobin called for an activity win after Solace missed the scheduled time. Although ClaimingRobin needs to get better at scheduling / being active to set up times, he was the only one to show up for a scheduled match time. ClaimingRobin advances.
DaAwesomeDude1 vs Ereje - Ereje ended up granting the win after attempts to schedule the fight failed. DaAwesomeDude1 advances.

Coinflips
qsns vs Mr.GX - based on walls, it seemed like a fight was scheduled, but clearly one never happened or I would have heard about it. As I have no way of knowing whose fault it was and no one called for activity, had to go to a coinflip, which Mr.GX won. Mr.GX advances.

Round 2
FloristtheBudew vs n1n1
Memoric vs MajorBowman
frania vs KyleCole
Electrica vs Haruno
DaAwesomeDude1 vs Croven
Qazoo306 vs Koekiekoekje
Matame
vs Hashtag
Flame Road vs miltankmilk
Huston vs nvakna
Mr.GX vs Pastelle
SamVGC vs ClaimingRobin
Checkmater vs Nido-Rus
Paraplegic vs GenOneRaisedGenY
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo vs Elise
Matt vs Lolk
Laga vs Z strats

NOTE: Replays are required from this round on, I saw the support for check's post and reconsidered. If you do not have replays for a game, I will treat that game as having not taken place.

Deadline is Sunday, December 18th at 11:59pm EST! Good luck and have fun everyone.

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Won against Z strats in 2

This is game 1
This is game 2

Worth noting that game 1 was pretty one-sided, not that engaging of a replay watch, since it's basically just a good turn one play from me turning into a psych terrain Deoxys-A spree into a Zygarde cleanup...

Game 2 on the other hand, was an absolutely phenomenal game including all of the following: weather war, terrain war, constant Protect mindgames (both sides with wins on those), and a shitton of speed control wars. Crit on Mew reminds us of the game we are playing and gave me breathing space, but that game had so many turning points where everything could have gone either way.

In many ways g2 has something reminiscent of SPL magic; the magic that make SPL games and replays the best of their kind. Both teams are outside of the norm in many ways and the mindgames are way more intense!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)