Media Super Auto Pets

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Turtle.png
Hey! I know a bunch of people around Smogon play this game and we just got a massive update so I wanted to bring us together with a discussion thread. For anyone who doesn't know, Super Auto Pets is an auto battler in which you build a team of 5 animals and face off against random players. The goal is to win 10 battles before running out of hearts. It has a base pack of animals which is already plenty enough for a fun game, as well as two DLC packs, custom pack building, and a weekly random pack. There's way too much depth to the game for me to really explain it here so I'd recommend either trying it (it's free on mobile and Steam and I think in browser?) or watching videos by content creators like Northernlion, Ludwig, or my personal fav Skootie. Also I made a Discord for talking about the game and finding versus battles if anyone wants to join!

I've been playing a bunch of the base pack since the update dropped in order to finish off some of the achievements I was missing, like the Level 3 Rat, Whale, and Chick. The balance changes are a mixed bag- they definitely toned down some things in reasonable ways, like the Ox, Penguin, and Bison, but the Crab is just unviable now which is pretty lame to me. I'm loving what they did with the Squirrel, especially given that food-based scaling teams are stronger than ever with the Cat somehow still not getting nerfed at all. The Worm is thriving in this meta as a recipient of broken food teams, but another cool one that's standing out for me is the buffed Peacock paired with Rabbit in order to let it just run through teams in the early-to-mid game with a massive health pool and garlic armor. I haven't played a whole lot of the new stuff yet but I despise the Vulture with a passion.

Oh also if anyone wants to make a tier list for pets, I dug through tiermaker.com and found this complete template!

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm a huge fan of Crocodile + Parrot ATM, been spamming that way too much. White Tiger makes everything a lot better, so does Tiger Cub behind Parrot. The Hawk is pretty nice too, aesf has convinced me Aardvark is insane as well

Managed to get a Sloth PvP win last night using this strategy, was pretty stoked (the Sloth did nothing, as it does)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)