Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So Japan is known for having nutty results but at the latest Umebura tournament (biggest tournament series in Japan), Grand Finals was Link vs. Captain Falcon.

It wasn't the most-stacked bracket ever but still, Kamemushi, Nietono, Yoc, Rain, and other big names didn't even make Top 8. I've heard a bunch recently that the average skill level in Japan is super high and I think stuff like this proves it.

it's hard to tell since japanese players tend to sandbag in their tours (especially kamemushi who went sheik apparently) but yeah it was still cool

though it sucked staying up until 5 just to watch the link get bodied in gf's even though he beat the same guy in wf's

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This video explains what has just happened to VGBC & GimR's channel. I recommend you try to support GimR & VGBC as a whole because the problem is affecting them really bad. What happened was that their titles for ALL of the VODs they uploaded, got changed to the same thing. If you try to change it back the views are gone, it acts like a new video. This means that the views reset & the money gained from them has decreased. GimR is barely able to work off of the money he gets from Youtube so this means that GimR doesnt gain enough money to produce more high quality VODs & twitch streams. Now you see where this is going. VGBC & GimR are a godsend to the Smash community, the content they provide just helps us very significantly.

While the whole matter is very serious, I can't help but poke a little bit of fun at all the videos being the same title. It amuses me that Youtube even has an option like this & that you can't revert back, it's so stupid. Here's a screenshot of the most popular vids in this title change.

Serge's Lucario vs Darkfall's Link is the most legendary set ever. These two individuals have fought more than any other pair of people in the whole community, they played with each other of over 10,000 battles. Here's the set because its so legendary

EDIT: Most of VGBC's video titles have been restored to what they originally were.

Last edited:

churine

lunatic+
Big House 6 happened with you guessed it, ZeRo winning the tournament. The best part was definitely ANTi as a whole, dunking ZeRo earlier in Winners Finals a couple of times then ANTi bringing the CHARIZARD in Grand Finals.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Big House 6 happened with you guessed it, ZeRo winning the tournament. The best part was definitely AnTi as a whole, dunking ZeRo earlier in Winners Finals a couple of times then AnTi bringing the CHARIZARD in Grand Finals.
ANTi *

The best sets of that were Nairo vs Komo, Dabuz vs Mr. R, and Anti vs Zero. They were all hype as fuck and incredible to watch.

Besides that this has to have been the most "stable" Smash 4 tournament in awhile... the only real upsets were Larry getting upset by Ri-ma (that's his name right?) and Tweek, Zinoto's losses to Cosmos and Spark, and Kamemushi finishing a little lower than expected (losing to Marss and Salem, both of which went to game 5). Besides that, everyone finished around where most people expected.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The best sets of that were Nairo vs Komo, Dabuz vs Mr. R, and Anti vs Zero. They were all hype as fuck and incredible to watch.

Besides that this has to have been the most "stable" Smash 4 tournament in awhile... the only real upsets were Larry getting upset by Ri-ma (that's his name right?) and Tweek, Zinoto's losses to Cosmos and Spark, and Kamemushi finishing a little lower than expected (losing to Marss and Salem, both of which went to game 5). Besides that, everyone finished around where most people expected.
Wadi beating Ally tho

churine

lunatic+
If I was able to watch the whole tournament instead of the first set of top 8, I would've been pissed at the whole 0.9 ratio thing even more. Having to do set rematches is annoying but I'm glad that Komo found it early on in the top 8 because if we had found that out during the middle or the end, my god the delays would be real. I feel bad for Komo because it shouldve been a set rematch but they played it as a rematch for only the last game, which Zack won anyways. It only makes it worse that Komo got hella upset at this & went as far as to delete his tweets on Twitter.
What really pisses me off is that the TO lied to us about Dabuz v ZeRo being played on normal ratio even though they played right before Komo v Zack who did not go into the rules. Then they decide that Dabuz should rematch ZeRo for the whole set this time which I feel pissed off Komo even more.
This is clearly the TO's fault because it was their job to check that the Wii U had all the right settings on, especially for a tournament of this caliber. The fact that they refused to let Komo & Zack rematch the whole set "for time constraints" shows ignorance and irresponsibility.

tl;dr: the first two sets of top 8 were played at a 0.9 ratio and dabuz v zero rematched the whole set while komo v zack rematched the last game and komo got hella upset because of this.

not having a second stream for all of the crazy top 32 matches was just stupid too, just generally not a very well run event from the looks of it

s/o's concon for clutching up though

AUmm hi everyone, just got a Wii U and smash and I've been looking to find some ppl to play online matches with. I also have smash 3ds too which I was playing before. Please lmk if you're down. love!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)