Supreme Court's decision on Obamacare

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps your problem is looking to an online pokemon community for substantive debates and deep political knowledge. I, personally, have already engaged in a lengthy, educated debate about the merits and pitfalls of PPACA but have no desire whatsoever to do so in a community such as this one.
You're right, we're all retarded preteens. God forbid you lower yourself to engage any of us in a debate, as it's painfully obvious that it would be a huge waste of your time and nobody in this community is able to follow current events like any rational and informed citizen.

Perhaps your problem is looking to an online pokemon community for substantive debates and deep political knowledge. I, personally, have already engaged in a lengthy, educated debate about the merits and pitfalls of PPACA but have no desire whatsoever to do so in a community such as this one.
Your user title and this post seem to be aligned well, nothing to see here folks.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm in full agreement with Pwnemon's post. While I myself am not a huge fan of this bill, I have no interest in discussing that here. I already have spent plenty of time debating this with my liberal friends, and quite frankly, I'd rather debate it with them rather than debate it on an online Pokemon community out of all places. Plus, who wants to discuss politics on the internet?

I'm in full agreement with Pwnemon's post. While I myself am not a huge fan of this bill, I have no interest in discussing that here. I already have spent plenty of time debating this with my liberal friends, and quite frankly, I'd rather debate it with them rather than debate it on an online Pokemon community out of all places. Plus, who wants to discuss politics on the internet?
roll
eyes

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if you dont wanna discuss then dont, nobody is forcing you to post in or read this thread

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i'm not saying i'm smarter than all of you but the fact of the matter is smogon is not very conducive to political debates and every time we have one it just turns into a shouting match before getting locked after five or six pages because the majority of posts include only ad hominems and no actual substance, and i don't want to repeat that.

With that attitude, why are you even in this forvm?

"I didn't come to smogon to look at pictures of smogoners"
"I didn't come to smogon to talk about video game music"
"I didn't come to smogon to talk about drugs"
"I didn't come to smogon to have a rap battle"
"I didn't come to smogon to look at comics"

get over youself

also...

i'm not saying i'm smarter than all of you but the fact of the matter is smogon is not very conducive to political debates and every time we have one it just turns into a shouting match before getting locked after five or six pages because the majority of posts include only ad hominems and no actual substance, and i don't want to repeat that.
The only reason why shouting matches happen is because people like you who think they know everything about anything pretend that everything they say is rational and legitimate and make themselves feel smarter by using big words and advanced prose, all the while making erroneous claims all over the place.

If I were a mod I would infract every single whiny post you made in this thread for trolling and being off topic.

lol for god's sake - If going out of your way to tell other people that you think they're too dumb to hold an intelligent debate with you doesn't show you're clueless I don't know what does.

also @ BlueTornado: Bush nominated Roberts for justice of the supreme court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)