Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

The main man himself. I love the look of this mon so basing a team off of him was a no-brainer. He's a late game sweeper of course. The Tera Dark is for extra power on Sucker Punch. Body Press on Skarmory and Volcarona's fire STAB covers rival Kingambits enough I think. The double dark STAB can sometimes catch people off guard, especially when they try to set up and Kowtow comes in strong at the right time. Swords Dance again can catch unprepared set-up mons off-guard. Sucker Punch is the main move, though, and the power from Adamant imo outweighs the speed from Jolly because the name of the game with him is to Swords Dance and then Sucker Punch. Gholdengo, Dragapult, and Flutter Mane are crazy threats, and King hits them pretty hard, if not eliminates them altogether.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Grassy Glide priority with Choice Band's power, coupled with Terra Grass STAB greaty benefits Kingambit. The priority damage can help King sweep easier. The recovery from Grassy Terrain can help all the mons survive more, but especially Clefable and Great Tusk. Tusk's ground typing can let it switch in more than once sometimes and the Terrain can help its survivability. Clefable's Thunder Wave is honestly crucial because the team lags speed and relies on 2 priority moves (SP and GG), and again, Grass terrain helps him survive. Knock Off support is also crucial because it eliminates Heavy Duty Boots and stallers/leftover users.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Spikes

Skarmory synergizes well with King because of its Ground Immunity. He's the defensive wall/hazard setter. Triple Fire weakness, with Rillaboom and King, can be a problem, but Terrastilizing eliminates that for the most part. Weaville's Taunt is taken care of by one Body Press if they're not sashed. Spikes over Stealth Rock simply because Clefable is running rocks. Ice teams are out there too, with strong bulky threats, especially alongside Alolan Ninetale's support. That's one of the main reasons why I chose Skarmory over Gliscor. I was debating on whether to have my hazard setter be Gliscor with toxic support to help King sweep, or Skarmory with Iron Defense and Body Press, but I settled on Skarmory because I don't have fighting stab for steel/ice types and I opted not to give King Low Kick.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

This is my secondary hazard setter/dfensive pivot. With a defensive EV spread (252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD) and a Bold nature, Clefable is built to absorb physical attacks. The Water Tera Type provides additional resistances, particularly against Water, Fire, and Ice-type moves, enhancing its role as a pivot. Thunder Wave helps with speed control and often catches people off-guard. It also helps Volcarona set up on opponents. If it can outspeed a pesky threat, Volcarona can set up on a mon that it doesn't have much trouble against. The occasional para-hax can also help it set up Quiver Dance. Skarmory excels against physical attackers, setting up Spikes and using Body Press. Clefable, on the other hand, can take on more special attackers and set up Stealth Rock, ensuring that the team has comprehensive hazard control. Rillaboom pivoting with U-Turn also benefits from Stealth Rock Support as both moves can chip away mons, helping King's sweep chances.

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Bulk-Up and Booster Energy are a dangerous combination. I wish it had a priority move. The team has a major speed problem, hence the Jolly nature and full speed investment. It's mostly used as a Rapid Spinner. It also synergizes well with Kingambit. Both Pokémon can function as powerful physical attackers. Great Tusk's ability to increase its Speed can make it a formidable partner to Kingambit, cleaning up or weakening the opposition so Kingambit can finish off with its powerful STAB moves. Additionally, Great Tusk’s capacity to draw in Grass and Water-type moves can provide safer switch-in opportunities for Kingambit. Rillaboom's Grassy Terrain activates Great Tusk's Protosynthesis, enhancing its Speed in Grassy Terrain, which can be pivotal for outspeeding and overcoming opponents. Tera Poison for the fairy mons.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Tera Blast

This is the special sweeper of the group. Heavy Duty Boots are a no-brainer. Ground Tera Type Tera Blast gives Volcarona unique coverage, allowing it to hit Electric, Poison, Rock, and Steel-types more effectively, which are typically challenging matchups. This adaptability can catch opponents off guard and enable Volcarona to handle a wider variety of threats. It doesn't do much to stop water mons, but Rillaboom's priority Grassy Glide with Choice Band comes in handy on those occasions. By potentially drawing in and dealing with Fairy and Psychic types that threaten Volcarona, Kingambit can pave the way for a late-game sweep by Volcarona.

Last edited:

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Untitled 375 (pokepast.es) Hi friend ur team is too weak the zama and Iron Moth, so i made some change to ur team which would makes u feel comfortable. Volcar 252spa/252spe change to bulky which can check no stone edge zama、skarmory and Corviknight with its bulk and ability. Slowking-Galar can get more chance facing iron moth, future slight combo with kingambit can break through many threats such as great tusk and zama. Kyurem give ur team the ability to break stall, its powerful and suit clefable well. Gliscor provide ground and electric immue,it complements galar-slowking well also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)