Non-official SV Mix and Mega Suspect #3: Gholdengo [Cancelled for Home][Counts towards TC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
1683657854104.png

threw game 25 so had to do a 26th, i had 1 loss just bc dia ghold + pins tusk + alt dnite as a core is stupid and ive been using a team that has at least one hard counter to every ghold set on my team + idbp sable corv for dnite + tusk while luring ghold. also lost to gia on my first alt g1 and that was fun, uhh dont get haxxed ig.

longer, more serious post when i have more time. seriously tho, ban ghold.

Screenshot_2023-05-12-19-37-29-93_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

:great tusk::masquerain::magnezone::gyarados::zoroark-hisui::indeedee: - Team used
Wanted to try challenging myself to build something wack. Web is about as inconsistent as you can get, between great removal option (mostly Great Tusk) and Masquerain's poor bulk making it not a safe lead every game. Ice Beam does a decent job getting a surprise kill on Pinsirite Tusk however, and Stun Spore can also put in work (it misses pretty often though). Gyaradosite Great Tusk is another underrated choice imo, only really stopped by Corviknight, but it can destroy Latiasite/Aggronite mons (Especially Gholdengo who often tries to spinblock). Magnezone obviously traps Corvi, initially Pidgeotite but changed to Latiasite for more outs vs Dragonite. IronPress takes care of Blissey well enough so only really stopped by Red Orb Hippo. Gyarados is a pretty underrated mon as well imo, as what separates it from Quaquaval is its useful Intimidate pre-Mega and Earthquake to hit Hippo, both Blue Orb and Salamencite/Pinsirite are pretty ok in theory, I'd like to nom it to probably B- (still less utility than Quaq without Spin and Roost). Manectite is a pretty viable stone on Zoroark-H imo, as it can save the Mega to make Salt Cure from Garganacl never break Sub, as well as live an Espeed from Dragonite and Arcanine trying to revenge kill, so I propose to add it to the VR. Indeedee did what it did in early gen 8 decently enough, I think it fits right into C rank alongside other mons there. This team does seem to try too hard packing all the ideas into one team though, but Gyaradosite Tusk + Magnezone is a sleeper combo imo.
Onto Gholdengo, I think Latiasite is fine, but Diancite can be really frustrating to deal with. It's weirdly fast and still bulky enough with good typing to tank Espeed. My team basically has to keep Web to beat it since it outspeeds even Zoroark-H (It can also randomly run coverage to target specific threats which adds to its power). Blissey needs CM to reliably beat it and other Diancite users can't reliably switch in. Considering it can restrict both offense and walls with its power and speed, I'm inclined to vote BAN.

iapt

the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1684163114833.png

im still kind of the fence on ghold at the moment, feels like some games it does everything, other times it does nothing. probably leaning towards no ban but i plan on playing more to see if my opinion changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)